[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

4 hours ago, rhipeen said:

It's basically a search tool that instead of looking through file names, it will go through ALL files in a folder and it's subfolders (you can limit the search by specifying which extensions the file should be, like .txt or .mod) so when you want to know where all is a specific event mentioned, you just go to Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game,
set it as the folder you want to search through, say you want only .txt files so it ignores all the graphics and pictures etc and then run it, and it will give you all the files where the event is mentioned.

Notepad++ can do this as well ;)
Useful if you want to find out how certain effects or triggers are used in vanilla.

16 hours ago, LordDGP said:

Notepad++ can do this as well ;)
Useful if you want to find out how certain effects or triggers are used in vanilla.

I prefer using it because unlike Notepad++ search function, you don't have to open the files at all and it gives you a preview and context of surrounding lines, I guess it boils down to preference

On 9/9/2022 at 8:10 PM, LordDGP said:

Made the necessary changes to the gui files of carnalitas to work with Bastion update.

ZIP only contains the updated files. Simply extract and replace Carnalitas's old files.

Unofficial Carnalitas GUI Fix for 1.7.0.zip 23.75 kB · 702 downloads

This is my first time trying this mod so I'm not exactly sure what the end result is supposed to look like. 
However after installing and using this patch I am not seeing any sex character interactions when I open the interaction menu on my spouse. 

Anyone have any tips of what might be the issue here? 

3 hours ago, CircaV3 said:

This is my first time trying this mod so I'm not exactly sure what the end result is supposed to look like. 
However after installing and using this patch I am not seeing any sex character interactions when I open the interaction menu on my spouse. 

Anyone have any tips of what might be the issue here? 

Have you made sure the aspects of the mod that you want enabled have been enabled via the game rules before you start a campaign? The easiest way to check is to make sure the make love interaction is turned on, and then use that interaction on a spouse. 

5 hours ago, kr156 said:

There's a fix for 1.7.0 a few posts up from yours, not sure if it works for 1.7.1 but I think it should.

Thank you found it. Will test it out and see if it works 

Then its a question if other mods on the list that requers  Carnalitas are up to date, anyone know. 

Edited by Icefish77
On 9/10/2022 at 2:10 AM, LordDGP said:

Made the necessary changes to the gui files of carnalitas to work with Bastion update.

ZIP only contains the updated files. Simply extract and replace Carnalitas's old files.

Unofficial Carnalitas GUI Fix for 1.7.0.zip 23.75 kB · 1,219 downloads

dont use the fix. It fixes the mod and makes it compatible, yes, but it makes the game very unstable and crashes happen a lot.

16 hours ago, VeteranMannerheim said:

Might try to reinstall your game, because it is not unstable right now.

what are you even talking about? this happens every time a new dlc is released, there's currently a problem with faces not loading properly the devs have acknowledged this issue. Other issue like crashing is not out of the realm of possibility. Not to mention its common knowledge the game chugs during late game.

16 minutes ago, Rodelga said:

what are you even talking about? this happens every time a new dlc is released, there's currently a problem with faces not loading properly the devs have acknowledged this issue. Other issue like crashing is not out of the realm of possibility. Not to mention its common knowledge the game chugs during late game.

If you say so, bud.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, InvaderJessica said:

Have you made sure the aspects of the mod that you want enabled have been enabled via the game rules before you start a campaign? The easiest way to check is to make sure the make love interaction is turned on, and then use that interaction on a spouse. 

Yep, that was the problem! Thanks :) 

1 hour ago, A Viceroy said:

Oh shoot! It's alive! Thanks for the update! Is the fix mentioned above the file available on the mod's main page or is it user created?

The fix above was incorporated into the update on the mod's main page, so just download the update on the mod's main page and you should be good to go.

Anybody want to give this a try...this should change the "had_sex_with_effect" to fire a sex scene for the player and if it's an AI character, to do "carn_had_sex_with_effect".

Basically, the goal is to be able to have scenes for those vanilla events without having the change the vanilla files. I was trying to update the vanilla files that contained the interaction, however, with the changes to 1.7 i was getting tired of the upkeep.

Give it a go and see if it works for you. For you modders, tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.

zzz_carn_00_romance_effects_overwrite.txt

On 9/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sooner860 said:

Anybody want to give this a try...this should change the "had_sex_with_effect" to fire a sex scene for the player and if it's an AI character, to do "carn_had_sex_with_effect".

Basically, the goal is to be able to have scenes for those vanilla events without having the change the vanilla files. I was trying to update the vanilla files that contained the interaction, however, with the changes to 1.7 i was getting tired of the upkeep.

Give it a go and see if it works for you. For you modders, tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.

zzz_carn_00_romance_effects_overwrite.txt 4.13 kB · 12 downloads

Which Carna folder do you put this into? I assume it goes into one of the folders