Armor Conversions for YII - Techniques-Labors *COTS*

So, I was looking at some addons for Racemenu and saw a couple I might try, but I'm being given the option of CBBE or UNP.  Uh.. which of those do I want?  Or would neither work with Cots?

Best of my knowledge cots is based off unp, so those might work? No harm in testing it out, experimenting, and seeing if it works?

i don't use racemenu though, i use ecee, so i'm not sure about add-ons for racemenu.

Camera issues are related to the skeleton. RCOTS had that really, really bad when it first came out. I mean BAD. But it's been mostly hashed out since then.

The overlays are weird. You have to actually click on an overlay then scroll through a list, choose a color and so on before it shows in the list. If you don't do that all you'll see is "default".

Camera issues are related to the skeleton. RCOTS had that really, really bad when it first came out. I mean BAD. But it's been mostly hashed out since then.

The overlays are weird. You have to actually click on an overlay then scroll through a list, choose a color and so on before it shows in the list. If you don't do that all you'll see is "default".

Where is the list to scroll thru?  I see the Hand, Foot and Body tabs where they should be, but like you said, it just says default.

Where is the list to scroll thru?  I see the Hand, Foot and Body tabs where they should be, but like you said, it just says default.

You'll see "default" several times in a list. Click one of the "defaults" and a drop down should open up showing what overlays you have available. After you choose something (and a color) then it won't read "default" in that slot anymore.

Yeah, it's pretty counterintuitive in it's implementation.

Ok, so I have a question for you modders out there.  I'm saddened by the lack of clothing for male characters.  I'd like to do something about it, but I know very little about modding.  I've downloaded the CK finally, and I'm watching introductory modding instruction vids (they mostly give me a headache or make me sleepy, but I'm soldiering on).  So here's what I'm thinking - there are some great outfits out there made by LDW and others, but of course they are all for females.  The only sorta sexy clothing for boys I've seen is something by.. Summerwolf I think his name was, and it's the 'cute underwear for boys' thread.  What I was wondering is, could I take an already completed outfit made for a girl, use CK to like, chop off the tops, which wouldn't be needed and then use the bottoms, along with whatever mesh or shadowing Summerwolf used to create the appropriate bulge in his underwear, and sorta merge the 2 so that I have something that would look right on a boy toon?  Is that possible?  Cuz if that's something that can be done, I'm pretty sure I can teach myself how to do it.

Anything I make I'd make available to the community.  I'll also of course seek permission from LDW or whomever for permission to use individual pieces as a jumping off point.

So, if that can be done, please let me know.  Also, if a modder would like to jump start me and you have something like Ventrillo or Skype where we could spend a few minutes talking about how it could be done, that'd be fantastic.  I'm a quick learner when someone explains things to me and I can ask questions, but not so quick when I have to learn it myself from a vid.

Well you could make a .esp and then make a chest and place it somewhere like in the breezehome make sure to zoom in close enough to the ground so that the chest is not 15f off the ground and not too close that chest is in the floor or under it and load up skyrim and have your .esp set as active and click the word armor/clothing  word in ck.

Right click on the armor/clothing list and select new then put a name in the top 2 for item name make sure to set health to 100 or the item will be broken and you will not be able to repair till you set it to 100 now click the male nif tab and follow the path to the armor piece and select the nif you need now make sure to look at the item piece in nifskope to see what is all being used (upper body hands feet) and select the correct ones.

Helmets need to be set as either attachments or tails if you set a helmet to use the head slot your players head will become invisible same goes for hair attachments wigs need to be set as hair so that they make your players hair invisible when worn or it will stick through the wig. Once you add it find it and drag it to your chest open screen and place it into it once done adding to the chest click ok then hit the save button on ck so that what you just did gets saved into the .esp.

Not sure how the outfit will look you may have to remove the female body from it and add the male body to it.

I have used the add to my chest option a lot on oblivion mainly because I don't want to have to install one mod just for a item/outfit I like that is in the set and it also cuts down on .esp I also use my player skeleton on oblivion and use nifskope to add armor parts to it then a body I use it to change male armors/coats to female version and to fix broken bodies. 

Well you could make a .esp and then make a chest and place it somewhere like in the breezehome make sure to zoom in close enough to the ground so that the chest is not 15f off the ground and not too close that chest is in the floor or under it and load up skyrim and have your .esp set as active and click the word armor/clothing  word in ck.

Right click on the armor/clothing list and select new then put a name in the top 2 for item name make sure to set health to 100 or the item will be broken and you will not be able to repair till you set it to 100 now click the male nif tab and follow the path to the armor piece and select the nif you need now make sure to look at the item piece in nifskope to see what is all being used (upper body hands feet) and select the correct ones.

Helmets need to be set as either attachments or tails if you set a helmet to use the head slot your players head will become invisible same goes for hair attachments wigs need to be set as hair so that they make your players hair invisible when worn or it will stick through the wig. Once you add it find it and drag it to your chest open screen and place it into it once done adding to the chest click ok then hit the save button on ck so that what you just did gets saved into the .esp.

Not sure how the outfit will look you may have to remove the female body from it and add the male body to it.

I have used the add to my chest option a lot on oblivion mainly because I don't want to have to install one mod just for a item/outfit I like that is in the set and it also cuts down on .esp I also use my player skeleton on oblivion and use nifskope to add armor parts to it then a body I use it to change male armors/coats to female version and to fix broken bodies. 

Ok, I think that was aimed at me, and I know it's written in English, but I honestly didn't understand anything you just said.  Don't misunderstand, I'm not blaming you in any way for the misunderstanding, I just couldn't wrap my brain around a single concept you just laid down.

No one else had ever reported that so I would guess it's something with your ENB. Its a simple setting that has to be changed but I do not remember which one. 

@China Cat

I would say that it is being caused by the ENB you are using or multiple ENB's as maybe you didn't get everything removed from one ENB when you switched to the next one. 

@Iuki

The baby doll was a ported armor from someone else LDW just converted it to the COTS body.

There actually is a high poly, 4k texture one floating around out there on the net. I know I've seen  it, I just do not remember where.

I found this two

1) http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7aemeev2e1115n/BabyDoll-22181-1-0.7z

2) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127553534

but I do not have to 4K resolution.. :-/

The one that I got which is also the same one that LDW used came from this site which is jackGa blog. http://jacksh123.mysinablog.com/ Not sure on the high resolution one.

this mean..?  http://jacksh123.mysinablog.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=3948144

There was also a version of Nexus, which has been deleted, this was with these textures  http://skyrimghost.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-190.html

I do not know what resolution he had.. :(

Just a short interruption :D

originally did that one for fallout but looks good on skyrim too I guess ^^

Steam Punk Outfit

Ashen_Conv_Steam_Punk.jpg

credit goes, same as ever, to the original authors in the first place

https://mega.co.nz/#!Q4dkWIDb!QIk9gAKGhks5Iqg0zoSNhlXOVtk37EHHeOP9gY0Itt4

Ok, so I have a question for you modders out there.  I'm saddened by the lack of clothing for male characters.  I'd like to do something about it, but I know very little about modding.  I've downloaded the CK finally, and I'm watching introductory modding instruction vids (they mostly give me a headache or make me sleepy, but I'm soldiering on).  So here's what I'm thinking - there are some great outfits out there made by LDW and others, but of course they are all for females.  The only sorta sexy clothing for boys I've seen is something by.. Summerwolf I think his name was, and it's the 'cute underwear for boys' thread.  What I was wondering is, could I take an already completed outfit made for a girl, use CK to like, chop off the tops, which wouldn't be needed and then use the bottoms, along with whatever mesh or shadowing Summerwolf used to create the appropriate bulge in his underwear, and sorta merge the 2 so that I have something that would look right on a boy toon?  Is that possible?  Cuz if that's something that can be done, I'm pretty sure I can teach myself how to do it.

Anything I make I'd make available to the community.  I'll also of course seek permission from LDW or whomever for permission to use individual pieces as a jumping off point.

So, if that can be done, please let me know.  Also, if a modder would like to jump start me and you have something like Ventrillo or Skype where we could spend a few minutes talking about how it could be done, that'd be fantastic.  I'm a quick learner when someone explains things to me and I can ask questions, but not so quick when I have to learn it myself from a vid.

@User13:

Well I don’t know how far myuhinny’s explanation brought you..

But if it’s just copying parts of other armors without changing much the first thing you’d want to look into is nifskope (you’ll need that anyways for farther steps). Easiest way, since you can just copy parts of different meshes together. Here’s a (really) short Tutorial for that: http://zt2modding.wikia.com/wiki/Combining_.nifs_in_Nifskope

If you want to change existing armors (or meshes as they are called) you will need a 3D modeling program like blender (that’s the one most people use, since it has some addons for in- and exporting nif-files).

There are many tutorials on how to use blender, but they can be a little overwhelming at first ;). If u want I can give you a heads up on that .. as much as my abilities go and they are far from perfect :P

The more people we have playing around the merrier I'd say *gg*

Took me forever to realize CotS was archived :P. Just learned now.

Anyway, do others have the really ugly Hearthfires kids, even when using xvc? I got so damn tired of seeing a weird-ass Lucia in Whiterun and realized how easy it is to overhaul her. Now that I know, I'll probably overhaul them all (except Honorhall. They look right with xvc already). In the meantime, if anyone wants to see my Lucia_fix let me know I'll upload her here. I could easily do the rest of them too, and just make an all-in-one pack. Too tired right now though.

post-111270-0-52204200-1392973790_thumb.jpg

Of course you could always do it yourself. This is really for those who don't know why their HF kids look retarded even with xvc, or how to overhaul HF kids themselves.

Anyway, do others have the really ugly Hearthfires kids, even when using xvc? I got so damn tired of seeing a weird-ass Lucia in Whiterun and realized how easy it is to overhaul her. Now that I know, I'll probably overhaul them all (except Honorhall. They look right with xvc already). In the meantime, if anyone wants to see my Lucia_fix let me know I'll upload her here. I could easily do the rest of them too, and just make an all-in-one pack. Too tired right now though.

attachicon.gifLucia_fix.jpg

Of course you could always do it yourself. This is really for those who don't know why their HF kids look retarded even with xvc, or how to overhaul HF kids themselves.

That's not the pic of the weird-ass Lucia is it?  Lucia, and a couple other girls around my world all share the same giant adult woman head which completely freaks me out, so if you have a fix for that, please do let me know.

I think there should be patch for hearthfire included in the COTS rar.

Right, if you use CotS. When I used CotS, my HF kids still looked like mutants. Also, if you make any kids essential, this problem will come back to haunt you. Other changes in CK seem to do it too. Not sure what all the culprits are, but there are more than one, and since changes made in CK are the culprit, many mods may affect the HF kids this way. This will solve that problem no matter what you do in CK or which mods you use.

attachicon.gifLucia_fix.jpg

That's not the pic of the weird-ass Lucia is it?  Lucia, and a couple other girls around my world all share the same giant adult woman head which completely freaks me out, so if you have a fix for that, please do let me know.

That's her. Here: Lucia_fix.rar

Problem solved. She should look perfect. I made a new adoptable kid too, but I don't want to release her without giving her a quest.

Anyway, when I make the other kids look human again, I want to make them each look unique, since everyone uses a different looking character. This way, you can pick one that reminds of you of your character.

And for cryin' out loud, I'm making a damn Redguard kid! There is an incredible lack of Redguard kids available for adoption.

If there's anything at all wrong with Lucia, please let me know. There shouldn't be. This is not a standalone. It just makes Lucia look normal. Just some badly needed meshes and textures. My all-in-one release will feature at least 2 standalone kids available for adoption, along with a fix of the existing HF kids. No release date. I'm in college. 'Nuff said.

And for cryin' out loud, I'm making a damn Redguard kid! There is an incredible lack of Redguard kids available for adoption.

Just make the Foresworn in Markarth powerful enough to kill both of Adara's parents and then there will be one Redguard you can adopt. You can also assassinate Braith's parents in Whiterun for a second adpotable Redguard. Now if you want to adopt a boy Redguard you may be out of luck.