This is a good job done, love the idea of real time physics. Also, last version is running much better then previous one (reffering mainly to gentleman's asses). However, this wierd think is still sometimes happening. It seem to be often triggered by "changing outfit" animation and solved by the same thing. Sometimes it stops by itself. Interestingly enaugh, it persists after reload.

2 hours ago, Tukytuk said:

Video-2.avi 8.28 MB · 6 downloads This is a good job done, love the idea of real time physics. Also, last version is running much better then previous one (reffering mainly to gentleman's asses). However, this wierd think is still sometimes happening. It seem to be often triggered by "changing outfit" animation and solved by the same thing. Sometimes it stops by itself. Interestingly enaugh, it persists after reload.

I think your Sim had too much beans, don't stay near open fire ;)

On 3/8/2021 at 9:01 AM, Tukytuk said:

Video-2.avi 8.28 MB · 19 downloads This is a good job done, love the idea of real time physics. Also, last version is running much better then previous one (reffering mainly to gentleman's asses). However, this wierd think is still sometimes happening. It seem to be often triggered by "changing outfit" animation and solved by the same thing. Sometimes it stops by itself. Interestingly enaugh, it persists after reload.

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing this. More testing is needed, but I think I may have already fixed it. The fix will be included in the next preview release, which will be out as soon as I fix a few nagging issues. Stay tuned!

8 hours ago, ShaggyDhs said:

It says it was updated, but the files still have a Dec 2020 date. 

7 hours ago, KonataKisaragi said:

Same here.

Shoot, sorry about that! I just edited the post to add the logo. I didn't think it would notify everyone that a new version had been released. My bad.

On 3/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, 0xAF said:

after some time it do some kind of reset or something (breast just shaking in different directions) and go normal simulation again

I was able to figure out what was going on

WW have sweating system, so when sim get sweat layer (there are many of them) it cause re-render, which cause this simulation reset

turning off sweating system resolve it

so, maybe for some users it cause simulation to stop working, not just reset?

cum layer probably also affected (anything that cause sim to re-render)

Hmm, I've done a cursory look in the thread and I cant see anyone else writing about this.

Just started a new game, and I was confused as it looked like my male character had a stretched neck.

I tried going into CAS to change it, however he looked normal there, when I returned to the world however, it turns out his shoulders (Or rather the midpoint between neck and shoulders), has turned into jelly the middle of his shoulders literally bounce up and down before they settle again, as if the mod has confused the mid point of the shoulders for breasts on a female character.

Log.txt

Alright, thank you all for your patience. I think I've ironed out most of the problems with the last preview release, so I guess it's time for another one. 

Change Log for v0.3-p6.1:

* An RTBP logo will appear when the game is started and disappear after a few seconds, just to show people where to find me if they have feedback or require support. To prevent this from happening, set the "showLogoAtStartup" option in your "Settings.ini" file to "false".

* The Sims 4 will now tell RTBP when the game is paused or when speeds 2 (fast) or 3 (super fast) are activated. When this occurs, the physics simulators will pause and resume when speed 1 (normal) is activated.

* Minor performance improvements.

* Dick simulator added. Currently only the testicles are targeted. Vertex selection might need to be tweaked slightly, but you will now see bouncing balls. (Doesn't seem to work when Wicked Whims animations are running. Don't worry, I'll fix it).

* More verbose logging. RTBP will now log all the DLC installed, the version of Windows you're running (or emulating), and what GPU you're using at startup. This should help me squash bugs when log files are shared with me.

* Added a 3D distance limiter to the spring simulation class that will allow me to limit the distance of the simulations based on axis. At this point, it only tries to prevent the breasts and butt from collapsing into the sim. Also, the limits are hard coded currently, but I could make it so you could set these variables manually in the settings file. Please let me know if you think that's something I should do.

* Uncaught exception handling. When an exception is thrown and not caught, RTBP will intercept it and log all the information it can about the exception, along with a backtrace. This information should help me solve problems with RTBP in the future.

* Fixed the problem with the game freezing when the Direct3D device is reset, like when you alt-tab out of game or switch from fullscreen mode to windowed.

* Fixed simulation optimization bug that caused the simulations to act weird sometimes.

If this doesn't work for you, please revert to v0.3-p5. I'm going to work on getting RTBP to run on lower-end hardware now. The laptop I borrowed to test RTBP on is kinda crappy, but people with kinda crappy computers deserve to have bouncing boobs, too.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14085-real-time-body-physics

23 minutes ago, Etarnalazure said:

Hmm, I've done a cursory look in the thread and I cant see anyone else writing about this.

Just started a new game, and I was confused as it looked like my male character had a stretched neck.

I tried going into CAS to change it, however he looked normal there, when I returned to the world however, it turns out his shoulders (Or rather the midpoint between neck and shoulders), has turned into jelly the middle of his shoulders literally bounce up and down before they settle again, as if the mod has confused the mid point of the shoulders for breasts on a female character.

Log.txt 4.05 kB · 0 downloads

13 minutes ago, Etarnalazure said:

Heres a screenshot of the "jelly" shoulders. Its not very pronounced, just know that I didnt make the dude into a girraffe in the CAS :P

image.png.7147427445545e419c5088d6dd470e51.png

Oh yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've noticed this problem as well. I'm not sure why this problem occurs, but I am aware of it. It's probably another vertex selection issue. I'll look into it.

7 minutes ago, Etarnalazure said:

Turns out.. It might be the outfit.. I changed outfit and suddenly there were no more jelly shoulders

It is the outfit. That one specifically. I've seen it many times. I'll examine the mesh and figure out what is going on.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, 0xAF said:

WW have sweating system, so when sim get sweat layer (there are many of them) it cause re-render, which cause this simulation reset

the problem still persists on v0.3-p6.1 2021-03-15
this is especially noticeable when sim do exercising

also it's seems like when PC go powersave mode (turn off display) for long time — the game just close (happens 2 times)

nope: it's LOCK screen (just press Win+L)

Win10

2 hours ago, 0xAF said:

The WW sweat is problematic. It also removes all the specular layers (shininess) from any clothing. Latex or leather, for example, will just look like normal material. I now play with sweat disabled all the time.

10 hours ago, 0xAF said:

also it's seems like when PC go powersave mode (turn off display) for long time — the game just close (happens 2 times)

Win10

8 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

The WW sweat is problematic. It also removes all the specular layers (shininess) from any clothing. Latex or leather, for example, will just look like normal material. I now play with sweat disabled all the time.

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I'll look into that this evening.

12 hours ago, 0xAF said:

Win10

10 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Could one of you guys post a screen shot of what this looks like? I'm not sure it's happening in my game. You can apply sweat to a sim using the Wicked Whims command "ww.apply_sweat [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME]".

This is what a sweaty sim looks like in my game, with RTBP installed. It looks exactly the same with RTBP uninstalled.

224414492_SweatySim.png.5ff9bbdd64dc15e6c7286bf17043cebd.png

5 hours ago, CPVC said:

Could one of you guys post a screen shot of what this looks like?

the problem is not what it is look like but:

On 3/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, 0xAF said:

it cause re-render, which cause this simulation reset

boobs just jump like crazy and go normal again

make sim do exercising for long time

also what about windows lock screen? did you recreate game crash?

On 3/18/2021 at 7:14 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

@CPVC Sorry. I was mentioning an issue with WW sweat, but it has nothing to do with RTBP. To make the sweat show, WW strips off all the specular layers, then adds new ones for the sweat (to give it that wet look).

Oh, ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:26 AM, 0xAF said:

the problem is not what it is look like but:

boobs just jump like crazy and go normal again

make sim do exercising for long time

also what about windows lock screen? did you recreate game crash?

I thought I fixed the game crashing when the computer is locked issue with the latest preview release... Is anyone else still experiencing this problem?

And yes, sometimes the simulations appear to reset randomly. I think this is due to the Sims 4 loading new sim buffers to replace the active one. It seems the game tries to optimize its sim buffers by excluding the blending information for bones that it doesn't need at that time. When an animation that requires a bone that isn't part of the sim buffer at that time is activated, it creates a new sim buffer with the new bone information included and replaces the old one.

That's my theory at least. More testing is needed. I might be able to figure out a way to detect when this occurs and transfer the active simulators over to the new sim buffer.

12 hours ago, alexlll said:

Hi CPVC! Could you make the chest move more when Sim is standing upside down or lying on its side? This is happening now, but I would like it to be more noticeable.

Sure, I'll see what I can do. I'm not super crazy about the current breast simulation positions. The breasts are simulated relative to their parent bone, "b__spine1__" and the simulation positions are around where the center of mass would be. I think I might move the simulation positions out a bit to give a little more bounce. I'll do some experimenting and see if I can find something that works, but isn't out of control, like before.