12 hours ago, CPVC said:

Thank you for the kind words. You're not doing anything wrong. This is a known problem and I've experienced it myself, but it only affected a hand full of meshes and not all Sims...

It was mostly male sims wearing outfits with high shoulders. It's probably another vertex selection issue. Would you mind posting your log file?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can post the log file, I just need a direction from where I can find it, I don't want to post the wrong file. I forgot to mention that I also have default body replacements, both upper and lower, I don't know if there is any interference in that, thanks

On 5/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, CPVC said:

I think this issue might only manifest itself on Nvidia GPUs. I do have an older Nvidia GPU laying around and a computer I could stick it in. I'll put that together and test RTBP on it a little later.

Ok, I think I might start bundling MSVCRT.dll with RTBP, just to simplify things. I think most people have it installed already, since lots of games require it, but I guess not everyone does.

I'm sure I could, but at this time I'm mostly working on fixing bugs and don't plan on adding any new features until I get RTBP running smoothly for everyone.

I do have MSVCRT.dll installed, still have the error

On 5/17/2021 at 6:46 AM, ninacela said:

I am insanely stupid, can anyone make a video showing where to put the mod? I keep doing it wrong, and whenever it's installed - it tells my my game set up is wrong & to reinstall

Mods 5_17_2021 8_49_26 AM.png

Mods 5_17_2021 8_49_36 AM (2).png

Error 5_17_2021 8_54_43 AM.png

On 5/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, d-two said:

I do have MSVCRT.dll installed, still have the error

I'm not sure if this will work, but I've updated the v0.4 ZIP file and included the version of "msvcrt.dll" that I use with it. Please redownload RTBP v0.4, the file named "RTBP v0.4 2021-05-18.zip". When you install, please copy the included "msvcrt.dll" into your "Bin" directory, along with "d3d9.dll" and the "RTBP" directory.

Thanks for testing this and thanks for bearing with me. I'm a pretty good programmer (if I do say myself), but I'm very inexperienced when it comes to deploying things like this.

Real-Time Body Physics

On 5/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, alexlll said:

RTBP Commander v0.1.1 - works, but there are a few comments. Ping command not working, I do not receive an answer pong. Testing xzy shows the maximum value, but I would like real. No adjustments left and right chest separately. When set to 0 mat parameters, the chest sagged to the floor and did not return to its original state until I pressed reset.

Reveal hidden contents

871575535_TS4_x642021-05-1709-46-15.thumb.png.179bfbe6c70dd0dbe554b3fcd2193d6a.png

Why do I need the Set button if the settings are applied on the fly? 

Under different angles, the chest moves in different ways.

Reveal hidden contents

411047113_TS4_x642021-05-1709-43-28.thumb.png.a002240988e6813c3d43997e16051d6f.png

Reveal hidden contents

1139515468_TS4_x642021-05-1709-43-38.thumb.png.c0e7ea5ffafcf8c91d6d6123337c7b6c.png

Thanks for your comments!

Ping command not working, I do not receive an answer pong.

Whoops! The "ping" command isn't included in the latest version of RTBP, v0.4. I added it as basically a tutorial command for people new to RTBP Commander. It will be included in the next release.

Testing xzy shows the maximum value, but I would like real.

I'm planning on adding a more realistic testing command that applies a certain amount of force to a simulator. The default "test" command is there just to show you that it's working.

No adjustments left and right chest separately.

On my to-do list. By default, the body parts will be grouped, but you'll have the option of splitting them up if you'd like in the future.

When set to 0 mat parameters, the chest sagged to the floor and did not return to its original state until I pressed reset.

Dividing a 32 bit float by zero will produce a NaN, or "Not a Number". The variable is basically broken at this point and no operations can be performed on it until it is reset to a valid number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaN

Why do I need the Set button if the settings are applied on the fly?

The "Set" button is there for people that want to manually enter a value in the text box. Manually entering a value and clicking "Set" will send the corresponding command and adjust the slider appropriately.

Under different angles, the chest moves in different ways.

That is the intended behavior. It's testing the simulators in local space, relative to their parent bone. For the breasts, it's one of the spine bones. For the butt and balls, it's the pelvis bone.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, Max Valentin said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I can post the log file, I just need a direction from where I can find it, I don't want to post the wrong file. I forgot to mention that I also have default body replacements, both upper and lower, I don't know if there is any interference in that, thanks

So, assuming you have a legitimate copy of the Sims 4, your log file is going to be at "C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt".

The body replacements could be causing the problem. RTBP's vertex selection methods assume the default meshes are used.

17 hours ago, CPVC said:

So, assuming you have a legitimate copy of the Sims 4, your log file is going to be at "C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt".

The body replacements could be causing the problem. RTBP's vertex selection methods assume the default meshes are used.

Well, here's log file. I apparently somehow managed to solve the problem of the male shoulders. I don't remember deleting any mods or CCs, but the error is gone. The only thing I did was to install the mod again, and it also deleted the SOURCE folder that came with the download and ended up putting it in the game directory. In fact, in the installation tutorial there was no mention of this folder, so I assumed it was to put it together in the folder "C: / Program files (x86) / Origin Games / The Sims 4 / Game / Bin, this may have interfered because the top movements of the female sims applied to the male sims and not now. Thank you very much for your help, the log file has been added.

Log.txt

Update: I closed the game and downloaded a custom configuration .ini from here, I opened the game and the problem returned, apparently the movements of the female breasts apply to the male sims. I tried to take the custom configuration and installed the one that comes with the mod, I entered the game and the problem persisted. I don't know what happened, when I uninstalled and installed the mod again as mentioned above it worked perfectly but not now. Some help? Anyway, I am sending the log and .ini files after the problem returned.

the SettingsModif file is the modified file I installed from here, and the problem is back. the Settings is the mod itself that I installed and the problem persisted.

Settings.ini Log.txt SettingsModif.ini

1 hour ago, Max Valentin said:

Update: I closed the game and downloaded a custom configuration .ini from here, I opened the game and the problem returned, apparently the movements of the female breasts apply to the male sims. I tried to take the custom configuration and installed the one that comes with the mod, I entered the game and the problem persisted. I don't know what happened, when I uninstalled and installed the mod again as mentioned above it worked perfectly but not now. Some help? Anyway, I am sending the log and .ini files after the problem returned.

the SettingsModif file is the modified file I installed from here, and the problem is back. the Settings is the mod itself that I installed and the problem persisted.

Settings.ini 1 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 35.74 kB · 0 downloads SettingsModif.ini 1021 B · 0 downloads

Ok, thanks for the info and log files. I have a theory as to why this is happening. Could you link me to the default body replacements you use?

12 hours ago, CPVC said:

Ok, thanks for the info and log files. I have a theory as to why this is happening. Could you link me to the default body replacements you use?

Hi, thanks again for the quick response. Here are the files I use, in reality one is the default itself, but I use these two male tops together. I hope this can help in some way

GOLYHAWHAW_TOP_CLASSICPHYSIQUE_NIP_VERSION.package GOLYHAWHAW_TOP_ENHANCEDANATOMY_DEFAULT.package GOLYHAWHAW_TOP_CLASSICPHYSIQUE_NIP_BUMPVERSION.package

On 5/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, CPVC said:

same issue. sorry this took so long to get back to you. REALLY want this to work, as i used it on my other computer (which, they both have Nvidia graphics)

On 5/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, CPVC said:

I'm not sure if this will work, but I've updated the v0.4 ZIP file and included the version of "msvcrt.dll" that I use with it. Please redownload RTBP v0.4, the file named "RTBP v0.4 2021-05-18.zip". When you install, please copy the included "msvcrt.dll" into your "Bin" directory, along with "d3d9.dll" and the "RTBP" directory.

Thanks for testing this and thanks for bearing with me. I'm a pretty good programmer (if I do say myself), but I'm very inexperienced when it comes to deploying things like this.

Real-Time Body Physics 2.95 MB · 28,219 downloads

Hi, so I have several problems :

Apparently I places every files correctly like said in "README" problem is, it don't seems to work, nothing move, and I'm on 64bit v but the game was cracked arround late 2020 so I'm pretty sure it's not updated.

No response from the command tab even with the correct typing as said in "README"

I also tried the GUI but still no response from the mod even thought the logo showed up at start. But it is said that the GUI cannot connect to the server, maybe is there a precise file where the GUI is supposed be disposed ?

I really want to try this mode but sadly I can't find the issue.

English is not my native language, so idk if there's any faults.

9 hours ago, Retezer said:

Hi, so I have several problems :

Apparently I places every files correctly like said in "README" problem is, it don't seems to work, nothing move, and I'm on 64bit v but the game was cracked arround late 2020 so I'm pretty sure it's not updated.

No response from the command tab even with the correct typing as said in "README"

I also tried the GUI but still no response from the mod even thought the logo showed up at start. But it is said that the GUI cannot connect to the server, maybe is there a precise file where the GUI is supposed be disposed ?

I really want to try this mode but sadly I can't find the issue.

English is not my native language, so idk if there's any faults.

If you're seeing the logo at startup, you've installed RTBP correctly. The GUI doesn't have to be placed anywhere special. It should connect to RTBP after the Sims starts up. Note that the command server must be enabled in the "Settings.ini" file, so the "startCommandServer" setting must be set to "true".

Depending on your hardware, RTBP might not work for you. As far as I can tell, RTBP doesn't work on Intel GPUs at this time. Fixing this is one of my highest priorities. As soon as I solve this problem, I'll publish a new preview release.

Would you mind posting your log file here? It can be found in your Sims 4 installation directory + "/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt". It might help me figure out what the problem is. Thank you!

22 hours ago, CPVC said:

If you're seeing the logo at startup, you've installed RTBP correctly. The GUI doesn't have to be placed anywhere special. It should connect to RTBP after the Sims starts up. Note that the command server must be enabled in the "Settings.ini" file, so the "startCommandServer" setting must be set to "true".

Depending on your hardware, RTBP might not work for you. As far as I can tell, RTBP doesn't work on Intel GPUs at this time. Fixing this is one of my highest priorities. As soon as I solve this problem, I'll publish a new preview release.

Would you mind posting your log file here? It can be found in your Sims 4 installation directory + "/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt". It might help me figure out what the problem is. Thank you!

Oh maybe I'm on intel, I don't know really much since it's Yoga laptop, anyway here's the log.txt, thx for the response

Log.txt

Excuse my throwaway username...but will it ever be possible to release patches for specific body mods. For example, the one provided in Wicked Whims. The way this software works really intrigues me, and I'm curious how far it can go. Maybe even hair physics in the future?

Hi CPVC

I've installed the most recent version of RTBP and have noticed an anomaly with the butt physics. When increasing the game speed to 2 or 3, the butt mesh appears to stretch and lag. Once the game speed is set to normal, the issue resolves itself. Not sure if I have an incorrect setting, I have been making minor adjustments to see if I can get it to resolve. I will provide the settings below.

Thank you for the awesome mod, you're doing a fantastic job!

[rtbp.leftButt.female]
mass=1.5
damping=5.0
springK=500.0
maxLength=0.5
power=1
gravity=9.80665

[rtbp.rightButt.female]
mass=1.5
damping=5.0
springK=500.0
maxLength=0.5
power=1
gravity=9.80665

On 5/27/2021 at 4:03 PM, Retezer said:

Oh maybe I'm on intel, I don't know really much since it's Yoga laptop, anyway here's the log.txt, thx for the response

Log.txt 4.96 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for the log file. It looks like you are running an Intel GPU. According to the log file, you have a "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620". That would likely explain why RTBP isn't working for you. I'll try to get to the bottom of this issue as soon as possible.

10 hours ago, DildoSaggins said:

Excuse my throwaway username...but will it ever be possible to release patches for specific body mods. For example, the one provided in Wicked Whims. The way this software works really intrigues me, and I'm curious how far it can go. Maybe even hair physics in the future?

Yes, it's certainly possible, but there's no guarantee that it will work that well. Each sim vertex can only be influenced by 4 bones, so it may not be possible to apply bone maps to all parts of the body. From what I've seen, most sim meshes have at least a couple hundred vertices that are already influenced by 4 bones. More experimentation is needed to test the feasibility of this.

9 hours ago, CPVC said:

Thanks for the log file. It looks like you are running an Intel GPU. According to the log file, you have a "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620". That would likely explain why RTBP isn't working for you. I'll try to get to the bottom of this issue as soon as possible.

Yes, it's certainly possible, but there's no guarantee that it will work that well. Each sim vertex can only be influenced by 4 bones, so it may not be possible to apply bone maps to all parts of the body. From what I've seen, most sim meshes have at least a couple hundred vertices that are already influenced by 4 bones. More experimentation is needed to test the feasibility of this.

During multiple sessions I've encounter several bugs that is maybe useful to notify :

I don't know how but in the CAS the breast physic worked for shorts instants, when I choose a character the breast seems to be at some mass since it's saggy, but then it stop if I reduce or expand it.

Still in the CAS the butt slider seems to expand till infinity when modified in terms of slider

The balls in animation glitch to infinity too

I don't know if it's useful, but hey maybe it will help you.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:58 PM, Retezer said:

During multiple sessions I've encounter several bugs that is maybe useful to notify :

I don't know how but in the CAS the breast physic worked for shorts instants, when I choose a character the breast seems to be at some mass since it's saggy, but then it stop if I reduce or expand it.

Still in the CAS the butt slider seems to expand till infinity when modified in terms of slider

The balls in animation glitch to infinity too

I don't know if it's useful, but hey maybe it will help you.

Hmmm... Are you using the default "Settings.ini" file or a custom one? If so, would you mind posting it here? Depending on your settings, it's actually very easy to break the physics simulators by sending them out of equilibrium. The variables have to balance each other out.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, (shameful) said:

So I dunno why my issue is happening, even though I have a legitimate Sims copy and followed all the instructions, every time I go to play or CAS the instant it tries to load a sim the game crashes. Any thoughts?

Could you post your log file? It is located at "[GAME_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY]/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt". Thank you. Hopefully RTBP was able to log a stack trace before the game crashed. That information should help me narrow down the location of the problem. (Also, a legit copy is not necessary.)

On 5/30/2021 at 3:29 AM, deki said:

does anybody know if there is any way to get rid of this ugly triangle ? ... depending on the varaible of the mass/butt it seems to get bigger...

image.png.c801f8f0c1d9346787edd61ebea9d749.png 

Does this mesh come from a mod? Custom meshes tend to be more complicated than the default Maxis ones. At this time, the Sims 4 game engine vertices are limited to 4 bone influences. RTBP skips over vertices that already have 4 bone influences.

If this mesh does come from a mod, could you link me to it?

4 hours ago, CPVC said:

Hmmm... Are you using the default "Settings.ini" file or a custom one? If so, would you mind posting it here? Depending on your settings, it's actually very easy to break the physics simulators by sending them out of equilibrium. The variables have to balance each other out.

Could you post your log file? It is located at "[GAME_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY]/Game/Bin/RTBP/Log.txt". Thank you. Hopefully RTBP was able to log a stack trace before the game crashed. That information should help me narrow down the location of the problem. (Also, a legit copy is not necessary.)

Does this mesh come from a mod? Custom meshes tend to be more complicated than the default Maxis ones. At this time, the Sims 4 game engine vertices are limited to 4 bone influences. RTBP skips over vertices that already have 4 bone influences.

Yep it was a custom one posted on the forum. Here it is :

Settings.ini

In early builds, RTBP was active in CAS as well as in game, which was great as you could see which clothing meshes worked and which didnt.

Unfortunately that seems to have stopped working and not sure if it's me, or a change in RTBP.

Is this intentional? 

If it was, is there any way of having it as a user setting?

13 hours ago, CPVC said:

i have no idea ... it's there even if the SIM is completely naked. it has been there since the first release of your mod so i thought it was an known bug. strange thing is that only one character does not have it. it does not matter if clothed or naked with or without mods but as soon as i try to edit the body with sliders it apperas during WW animations (even though the body has been already modified with sliders in the past)   

however i managed to get rid of below triangles by moving the waist upwards with some sliders (don't know if this info helps you somehow)

Unbenannt.PNG

17 hours ago, Retezer said:

Yep it was a custom one posted on the forum. Here it is :

Settings.ini 1019 B · 2 downloads

Well, it's not your settings file. I tested it out and it works on my end. Could you post your log file? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Mouldyjamontoast said:

In early builds, RTBP was active in CAS as well as in game, which was great as you could see which clothing meshes worked and which didnt.

Unfortunately that seems to have stopped working and not sure if it's me, or a change in RTBP.

Is this intentional? 

If it was, is there any way of having it as a user setting?

It is certainly not intentional. RTBP is supposed to function in CAS. Could you post your log file? (And I'm sorry that I keep responding to people's bug reports with this same request. When I don't know what the problem is, I ask for the log file because it contains a lot of information that could help me solve the problem or at least point me in the right direction.)

7 hours ago, deki said:

i have no idea ... it's there even if the SIM is completely naked. it has been there since the first release of your mod so i thought it was an known bug. strange thing is that only one character does not have it. it does not matter if clothed or naked with or without mods but as soon as i try to edit the body with sliders it apperas during WW animations (even though the body has been already modified with sliders in the past)   

however i managed to get rid of below triangles by moving the waist upwards with some sliders (don't know if this info helps you somehow)

Unbenannt.PNG

Ok, yes, this is a known problem. I'll spare you all the technical details, because it's pretty complicated and it won't make much sense unless you know a lot about 3D graphics programming, but I am aware of this issue and it's something that I'm working on.

For all of you: butt and ball physics are a bit more complicated than breast physics. Breast physics work by altering the positions of the breast bones, but butt and ball physics simulators actually modify the mesh data, creating new bones. This doesn't always work as expected.

If you're experiencing serious mesh-related bugs, I recommend disabling butt and ball physics.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, CPVC said:

Hey, how are you? Sorry to bother you but do you have any tips on how I can fix male shoulders? Thanks in advance