Facial Expressions not working

So during a Scene my Characters face just stays plane and dead the apply facial animations are ticked i have mfg fix and its requirements,But whats weird is that better blowjobs works just fine no problems there. I also tried random emotions because i heard that worked well and i couldn't even get that to work same thing happen'd to my characters face (wish i knew how to fix random emotions but i uninstalled it due to frustration) Any help would be greatly appreciated and if i need to i can show you my load order (I use loot to organize my plugins)

Hmm... k... more details please. Which mods do you have that interact with expressions?

Expressions can be interfered with by two (or more) mods trying to control them.  For instance, supposed you had one mod that was running a "realtime" expression modifier like Random Emotions, or you have ABBA installed and have its expression controls enabled. Not sure how that interacts with SL. In theory, these "multiple managers"could cause conflict, or better said (within the context of SL expressions not displaying) could fight with SL expressions (not saying it does, just implying that one could be modifying in one direction while the other is trying to do something else, leading to a flat expression, or one dominates over the other)  

As well, the type of encounter can also affect how expressions are displayed. (consensual vs non-consensual)

Or, you might have something installed which requires a MFG fix patch, (for instance, Random Emotions)

Further, Sex Lab also has another check box for vocalization based facial expression. in conjunction with another mod (can't recall which), having both the SL boxes checked can lead to lockup of facial expressions.

And of course, the one we never want to see, (because it makes it so difficult to identify) it could be some totally unrelated mod breaking things. 

Just trying to stir your clockwork here and provide you with some things to think about and avenues to pursue. sorry for rambling. 

A load order/mod list might help. I'm not terribly good at analyzing those lists, but others are.  If you do provide one, I'd recommend putting it in a spoiler tag. the spoiler tag button is in the editor controls over towards the bullet and number list icons and looks a bit like an eyeball. People really appreciate when long lists are dropped into these boxes (works like a quote box)  to avoid wall-of-text posts. (fwiw)

best wishes.

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm

1  1     Update.esm

2  2     Dawnguard.esm

3  3     HearthFires.esm

4  4     Dragonborn.esm

5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

6  6     ApachiiHair.esm

7  7     CreatureFramework.esm

254 FE   0 FluffyEars.esl

254 FE   1 hdtHighHeel.esm

8  8     RaceCompatibility.esm

9  9     TeraElinRace.esm

10  a     ZaZAnimationPack.esm

11  b     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

12  c     SexLab.esm

13  d     SexLabAroused.esm

14  e     SkyUI_SE.esp

254 FE   2 KSHairdosSMP.esp

15  f     KS Hairdo's.esp

254 FE   3 Botox SE.esp

16 10     Luthien_Follower.esp

17 11     UIExtensions.esp

18 12     AddItemMenuSE.esp

19 13     GlevLoadScreens.esp

20 14     Lein's SK NPC Overhaul.esp

21 15     LydiaReplacerSE.esp

22 16     AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

23 17     Increased Enemy Spawns - 2x.esp

24 18     RLO - Exteriors.esp

25 19     animal_mansion.esp

26 1a     P1FlyingRing.esp

27 1b     Animated Wings Ultimate.esp

28 1c     AnubAnimObj.esp

29 1d     Apropos2.esp

30 1e     MoreNastyCritters.esp

254 FE   4 BakaFactoryABC.esp

31 1f     Increased Enemy Bosses - 2x.esp

32 20     CliffsideCottage.esp

33 21     MistySkye.esp

34 22     BesEss.esp

35 23     SexyStartingOptions.esp

36 24     MoreWerewolves.esp

37 25     SexLabHorribleHarassment.esp

254 FE   5 SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp

38 26     Blush When Aroused.esp

254 FE   6 C5Kev's Sexy SL Bikini CBBE.esp

39 27     Cherry's Eyes.esp

40 28     DW.esp

41 29     FNISSexyMove.esp

42 2a     FMS_FemaleMakeupSuite.esp

43 2b     Fertility Mode.esp

44 2c     sr_FillHerUp.esp

45 2d     FemaleOutfitReplacer.esp

46 2e     GR Elin EarsTails SMP.esp

47 2f     Brows.esp

48 30     LazyItemHider.esp

254 FE   7 MiniBikini.esp

49 31     LewdMarks.esp

50 32     01RieklingsNSkyrim.esp

51 33     RLO - Effects.esp

52 34     NibblesAnimObjects.esp

53 35     SexLabDefeat.esp

54 36     SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp

55 37     SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp

56 38     SLAnimLoader.esp

57 39     SLACS.esp

58 3a     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

59 3b     SexLab Inflation Framework.esp

60 3c     SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp

61 3d     SLSO.esp

254 FE   8 SexlabLightMeUp.esp

62 3e     SexlabAchievement.esp

63 3f     SFO_SkinFeatureOverlays.esp

64 40     TKAA.esp

254 FE   9 YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp

65 41     YunDao_Hdt_Hair.esp

254 FE   a [Christine] Exnem Demonic.esp

66 42     BesEssMNCPatch.esp

67 43     RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

68 44     TeraElinRaceVoice.esp

69 45     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

254 FE   b 3BBB.esp

70 46     CBBE.esp

71 47     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

72 48     Eyes of Aber.esp

73 49     Sunstarved_Tanlines.esp

74 4a     RaceMenu.esp

75 4b     RaceMenuPlugin.esp

76 4c     FNIS.esp

77 4d     [SunJeong] Ninirim Collection.esp

78 4e     SOSRaceMenu.esp

79 4f     XPMSE.esp

80 50     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

81 51     Open Cities Skyrim.esp

82 52     RLO - Interiors.esp

83 53     RLO - Illuminated Spells.esp

84 54     RLO - VIS Patch.esp

This is my load order. I don't have the vocalization based facial expression's checked i never do because normally its kinda jittery when i tried it. I use loot to sort my load order and i mainly just use defeat to start all of my sexlab scenes and if i need to i can take a video or screenshot to show my character's face 

12 minutes ago, lol5678 said:

yeah that didn't fix it im just gonna do a complete re install of skyrim and use mod organizer 2 instead of vortex and see if that helps 

If you will make a copy of the vortex downloads folder you can put it (include the metadata files) into the skyrim download folder in MO2, then no need to redownload EVERYTHING. (484 mods makes a long day) You can also try mfg fix on nexus, The Devious Devices page has a few patches that may work for you as well. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, ValetJk said:

The same problem. I don't know what i can do..

In addition to what I suggested above, also make sure your Skee64.ini overlay entries are sufficient. At some point I had to fiddle with those values to account for additional layers injected by various mods like Blush While Aroused, and others that have dynamic effects on the face/body.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread but I just found out that anything that overwrites mfgconsolefunc.pex in scripts is the culprit. In my case it was overwritten by blush when aroused. After I hid that particular file, expressions becomes normal again. ^-^

5 hours ago, mcdibyoe said:

I know this is an old thread but I just found out that anything that overwrites mfgconsolefunc.pex in scripts is the culprit. In my case it was overwritten by blush when aroused. After I hid that particular file, expressions becomes normal again. ^-^

Newb to modding here, do u know how to fix that on vortex? my expressions don't show even if im in the sexlab mcm to test it on the player

5 hours ago, tzf said:

Newb to modding here, do u know how to fix that on vortex? my expressions don't show even if im in the sexlab mcm to test it on the player

If I read the post correctly (i Just did this myself) you should already have a mod rule for the two. swap positions so Mfg Fix loads after instead of before

Vortex "Mod Rules" entry from Mods-tab>> Manage Rules (button on orange menu bar)

Spoiler

bwa_before_mfg-fix.jpg.b38a5b44a87b79e03955e92f6f2d055f.jpg

PS> not sure if it has fixed it yet or not, but it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

Edited by anjenthedog
5 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

If I read the post correctly (i Just did this myself) you should already have a mod rule for the two. swap positions so Mfg Fix loads after instead of before

Vortex "Mod Rules" entry from Mods-tab>> Manage Rules (button on orange menu bar)

Hide contents

bwa_before_mfg-fix.jpg.b38a5b44a87b79e03955e92f6f2d055f.jpg

PS> not sure if it has fixed it yet or not, but it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

After some digging, i found my problem, mfg fix is not being overwritten, but is instead being used by another mod much like the expressions apparently, so the expressions and the other mod are conflicting over which one will use mfg, is there any way around this? the mod in particular is HDT ahegao tongues and expressions

On 11/3/2021 at 12:31 PM, tzf said:

After some digging, i found my problem, mfg fix is not being overwritten, but is instead being used by another mod much like the expressions apparently, so the expressions and the other mod are conflicting over which one will use mfg, is there any way around this? the mod in particular is HDT ahegao tongues and expressions

I also use ahegao and I set it to overwrite mfgfix without any problem. In my case the one that cause the problem is the blush. the pex file differs in size and uses an older version of mfgfix pex file. I think that's the culprit. Ahegao is newer and I think it uses the last version of mfgfix. Anyway, that's was how I solved the problem. There are other mods also that utilizes older version of papyrus dll. I solve that problem by hiding the older files so the mod uses the current build/version of whatever files they needed to function.  So far, it works flawlessly on my end ^-^

Edited by mcdibyoe
On 11/3/2021 at 1:05 AM, tzf said:

Uh... I don't use Vortex, so I don't have any answer. have you tried rebuilding the expression registry?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 1:23 AM, mcdibyoe said:

I also use ahegao and I set it to overwrite mfgfix without any problem. In my case the one that cause the problem is the blush. the pex file differs in size and uses an older version of mfgfix pex file. I think that's the culprit. Ahegao is newer and I think it uses the last version of mfgfix. Anyway, that's was how I solved the problem. There are other mods also that utilizes older version of papyrus dll. I solve that problem by hiding the older files so the mod uses the current build/version of whatever files they needed to function.  So far, it works flawlessly on my end ^-^

So to do that, what would i need to disable? how do i hide the older version of mfgfix such that both sexlab expressions and hdt ahegao can both work at the same time? is it just rebuilding the expression registry? or do i need to do something to my mod manager?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the necro but i've tried all of those and still haven't gotten mine to work. I've been trying to fix this damn thing for 4 hours now. I've tried removing all mods that uses mfg fix. Reinstalled every single one of my mods, Got a clean copy of skyrim se but to no avail. 

Spoiler

GameMode=SkyrimSE

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm=1
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl=1
ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl=1
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
High Poly Head.esm=1
KassandraTheDamned.esl=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
TeraElinRace.esm=1
EFFCore.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm=1
Ryoko the Half Dragon.esp=1
PIE Standalone Followers.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
Cloaks - USSEP Patch.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
Insanity's Sorrow.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - Weathers.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
SkyUI_SE.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
WetFunction.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
SimpleSlavery.esp=1
SexLab Romance.esp=1
SexSlavesForVanillaBandits.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp=1
DW.esp=1
SLAnimLoader.esp=1
NibblesAnimObjects.esp=1
SpousesEnhancedSE.esp=1
[Melodic] Hestia.esp=1
SantaRobes.esp=1
PftV1.esp=1
JoyfulFollowers.esp=1
SLAL_K4Anims.esp=1
Mango.esp=1
Osare Underwear.esp=1
SLAL_ProxyAnimObjects.esp=1
TreestumpConversions.esp=1
NoOverpenetration.esp=1
SexLabTools.esp=1
PuppetMaster.esp=1
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp=1
SLALAnimObj.esp=1
SOSRaceMenu.esp=1
XPMSE.esp=1
Devious Devices SE patch.esp=1
Devious Devices For Him.esp=1
PA44_Companions_NPC.esp=1
PA44_Reach_NPC.esp=1
PA44_Riften_NPC.esp=1
PA44_Solitude_NPC.esp=1
PA44_ThievesGuild_NPC.esp=1
PA44_Windhelm_NPC.esp=1
PA44_Winterhold_NPC.esp=1
AkatsukiCloak.esp=1
shallFollower.esp=1
[r1]Ekaterina Follower.esp=1
9dm_2021_Follower_Lisa_Blackpink.esp=1
MaskofBlades.esp=1
Footprints.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp=1
wavetest.esp=1
VioricaFollowerHP.esp=1
MXTClarenthia.esp=1
SharonFollower.esp=1
Stoneheart Swimsuit.esp=1
TeraElinRaceVoice.esp=1
CNTravelerClothing.esp=1
Shino_Miko_Outfit_Rework.esp=1
Shino_School_Uniform.esp=1
Shino_Traveling Magician.esp=1
[YoerkSun] Days of Struggles.esp=1
Plus_Kurone.esp=1
LazyTools.esp=1
RaceMenuHH.esp=1
Osare GothicLolita.esp=1
Shino_Sweet_Magician.esp=1
[Boombox&Odd] GFL UMP 45.esp=1
FashionWtich Set.esp=1
ARTA Follower Frey.esp=1
LinnFollower.esp=1
Recorder Follower Base.esp=1
Phenderix Magic Evolved.esp=1
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp=1
DM BDOR Pack by Team TAL.esp=1
NCK30Obj.esp=1
PsycheAnimationObjects.esp=1
SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp=1
SLAL_SHanimAnimObj.esp=1
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp=0
Kardia Armor.esp=1
[Melodic] Haru clothes.esp=1
AnotherVampireLeatherArmor.esp=1
SexLab_RelationshipDialougeSystem.esp=1
SL Sleeping Necro.esp=1
TBD - Nier2BOutfit.esp=1
LydiaReplacerSE.esp=1
No5F.esp=1
EOMSIC_YunsolCustomVoiceFollower.esp=1
SashaFollowerVampire.esp=1
Elysia.esp=1
Follower Map Marker Beacon SSE.esp=1
Nina_Follower.esp=1
Olfina replacer.esp=1
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
Sorceress Supreme.esp=1
MVC Sweet Doll Follower.esp=1
Terremia.esp=1
ValmiliaFollower.esp=1
_VK_2B.esp=1
UIExtensions.esp=1
AddItemMenuSE.esp=1
EFFDialogue.esp=1
[TheMilkDrinker] YoRHa 2B Attire.esp=1

This is my load order if anyones wondering

I have a similar problem before. I fix it by go to sexlab expression tab and set mouth open to any value other than default. Maybe that will work for you? Default is 0 and I set it to 80. I don't know if this is necessary but do it during the sex animation when the expressions is not working not before the animation start.

Edited by assassin394
14 hours ago, assassin394 said:

I have a similar problem before. I fix it by go to sexlab expression tab and set mouth open to any value other than default. Maybe that will work for you? Default is 0 and I set it to 80. I don't know if this is necessary but do it during the sex animation when the expressions is not working not before the animation start.

Thanks for the quick response but it didn't work unfortunately. I managed to fix this on a previous save by removing Blush while aroused but then the bug started again after starting a new save. 

• 8 months later...