Facial Expressions not working

• 4 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 7:06 PM, anjenthedog said:

In addition to what I suggested above, also make sure your Skee64.ini overlay entries are sufficient. At some point I had to fiddle with those values to account for additional layers injected by various mods like Blush While Aroused, and others that have dynamic effects on the face/body.

I fixed this problem removing blush when aroused

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, YuYuHakusho said:

So In my experience, expressions stopped working when I installed ks hairdos smp physics mod. I took them out and they worked again. Put them in and they stopped working. This is just my experience. Not sure if this is legit the cause or not. 

Just had this problem crop up and this post helped. Over on the Nexus there are a lot of people with this issue and KS Hairdos SMP as well as other hairs, in my case one from Dint999.

There are a lot of tips on how to avoid it but unfortunately no easy fixes from what I saw. Opening racemenu will fix it for a bit but wont persist through reloading and in my case(I think this is the cause), break again when YPS hairs does a check.

What does work if you don't want to remove or stop using those hairdos:

Change body weight from 100 to 0. Worked for me but too extreme of a change.

Change body weight from 100 to 97. Didn't work for me, worked for someone over on Nexus.

Change some breast sliders, I changed gravity to add .002 and height to add a bit and that seems to have worked, bonus points for not messing up my body noticeably.

No idea what what the root cause may be, I have had issues before where I needed to make an arbitrary amount of changes in Racemenu for things to actually stick, and this issue might be related. If so I'd recommend messing with Racemenu moprhs if you have this issue and save/reload.