[mod] Image and Misc. Replacements for Tentacled Dreams - submod

Image and Misc. Replacements for Tentacled Dreams - submod

Image and Misc. Replacements for Tentacled Dreams (Version 4.3)

Version 1.1 Initial Release

by Faheelee

This is a sub-mod that provides 130+ flavor text compatible™ replacement images in Cheri's Tentacled Dreams (version 4.3). Please understand that you need to have Tentacled Dreams installed for this mod to work.

I attempted my best to match the new images' positions, holes (being fucked), futa/no futa, and skin colors to the original images; all in order to maximize compatibility with the flavor text Tentacled Dreams provides. Here is one example of how careful I've been in selecting these images:

Untitled6.png.6474d61511fb7f890af098c1bb70407d.png

Notice how they both have their mouths open, are sitting upright, and have their arms bound behind them with some action going on underneath. These are the details I'm looking for when I replace an image. I cannot guarantee this quality of translation across every picture, but I have tried to remain true to the vanilla positions. Additionally, I have paid attention to group size, sex/gender, and even facial expressions.

FEATURES:

Besides the 130+ new images, there are several miscellaneous things this mod optionally adds:

• I've revamped the SFX to be more meaty and wet. Most of the original sounds are still in place, but I have replaced sfx_tentacled_2 and sfx_tentacled_3 with new sounds from HentaiKey's Natsume 2 flash game (heavily edited in FL Studio).
  • I've replaced the Tentacle monsters' portrait with this cute guy : tentacle.png.76114976c6b44e3b2e1681dbe8902cb4.png  (delete characters folder in gfx if you prefer OG)
  • I've added two image replacements for Crusader Milk's (link is to a comment with the file because the mod page has not been updated since 2019) 'engorged breast' and 'self-milking' events.
  • I've edited Tentacled Dream's localization file to change a dialogue confirmation during the ravish ability from "la! la...!" to "I've reached her womb!" (just delete the localization folder if you really want your la!la...! back).

COMPATIBILITY:

Compatible with almost anything, but keep in mind:

• This submod is incompatible with similar sub-mods seeking to change Tentacled Dreams' images and sounds. Worst thing that could happen with an incompatibility is that some images might get overwritten, so there's really nothing to worry about!

• This is just a reminder that it really doesn't matter what version Tentacled Dreams you have installed, and that this mod should work as long as the files it's replacing still exist in the original mod. For the foreseeable future, this mod is indefinitely compatible with Tentacled Dreams. 

REQUIREMENTS:

This segment is for people who do not read. YOU NEED TO HAVE TENTACLED DREAMS INSTALLED.

• I can't believe I have to say this, but this mod is mainly an event_pictures folder replacement (you would know if you looked at the folders you downloaded). Imagine all the problems you would run into if you didn't have several integral parts of the original mod downloaded /s. THE ONLY THING THAT IS SAFE TO DELETE FROM THE ORIGINAL MOD IS THE event_pictures folder.

INSTALLATION:

I've made the mod modular, but have also provided an all in one pack (AIO) that includes everything for Tentacled Dreams and Crusader Milk:

• Extract whichever archive(s) (.zip files) you downloaded and place their contents in Documents>Paradox Interactive>Crusader Kings II>mod.

ARTIST CREDIT:

I do not claim to have made any of the art you will find in this mod. This was all taken without permission, and I'm not planning on making anything from this. Most of the art comes from these artists I'm about to mention, so if you see something you like start by searching for these names:

• Homare (fool's art)
  • Numeko
  • Venusflower
  • yamaika/ika/chabo (fuketsudan)
  • rindou/allegro/kuroi hiroki

Quick Afterword

Holy fuck, I did it. I've spent the past four days staring at nothing but tentacle hentai inside Photoshop. I'm pretty sure I've moved along the spectrum during this journey, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Let me know if there are any issues with the images and flavor text compatibility. I'll be looking to do another pass through these images for quality control (because I kind of pushed this out the door); so keep an eye out for another update. After I'm finished polishing this mod, I'll move on to Luxuria Fantasia and eventually Dark World Reborn if I don't gather too many chromosomes in the process. Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/14/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Tentacled Dreams by Cheri; Crusader Milk by Triskelia (not required, but recommended)

Let me know about any issues you guys are having in terms of image compatibility with the flavor text. I'll be looking to do one more pass through the images so that they are as similar to vanilla positions as possible. Hope you enjoy the fresh set of paint for Tentacled Dreams!

10 hours ago, gg1aa said:

How the fuck did you find the dedication to do this? Thinking about it is mentally exhausting

?

It definitely was a struggle to push through, but sankaku complex is a huge help in organizing all of the different tags (pregnancy, birthing, lesbian, tentacles + bed, tentacles + bdsm, tentacles + futa, etc.) I think if I was just searching on google this would have taken much longer; I appreciate the encouragement.

• 2 weeks later...

truly amazing. But I have some question. given to think original tentacle dream mod keeps updating, Would you update your progress making ALO pack for succeeding your modification for new tentacle dream version?

and, Is there no option I just deploy our own mod into original tentacle dream mod files? (ex. copy and paste your sound modification file into original sound modification file) 

I've seen this come up in the TD discord channel, but does this include all the images that aren't replaced as well, or is the base image pack still going to be required? So far as I've seen, people that use this without the base image pack end up with things missing, like event window backgrounds.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:27 PM, TOT14 said:

truly amazing. But I have some question. given to think original tentacle dream mod keeps updating, Would you update your progress making ALO pack for succeeding your modification for new tentacle dream version?

and, Is there no option I just deploy our own mod into original tentacle dream mod files? (ex. copy and paste your sound modification file into original sound modification file) 

Yes I've been updating the AIO pack with the current version of Tentacled Dreams, but considering these are only images and sounds, there should be no conflicts due to updates.

This mod only replaces some sounds and images, not all. So if you only want to use the original mod, do not delete the gfx or sounds folders. Simply paste my folders into the sounds/gfx folders and replace files.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, Arigas said:

I've seen this come up in the TD discord channel, but does this include all the images that aren't replaced as well, or is the base image pack still going to be required? So far as I've seen, people that use this without the base image pack end up with things missing, like event window backgrounds.

This mod includes all event_pictures in the base image folder, but does not include coat_of_arms, flags, interface, traits, or ambitions images. The only thing this mod is replacing is the event_pictures folder and a tentacle character portrait, and that is why the people who do not have the flags, interface, ambitions, etc. are experiencing missing images.

To be absolutely clear, you can delete the base event_pictures folder and encounter no missing images, but do not delete ambitions, characters, coat_of_arms, flags, interface, or traits folders.

• 1 year later...