View File

Description

Offer sex to merchants in exchange for a discount.

Details

Ask a merchant "How about a discount if I do you a 'favor'?".  Any merchant is valid except innkeepers and elderly NPCs.  The merchant will decline if arousal is below 20, or if you do not match the merchant's SexLab gender preference.  Gay men and heterosexual women will always turn down a female player character.  Bisexual NPCs will accept.  Gender preference is randomly set by SexLab, though you can override NPC sexuality with the Puppet Master feature in SexLab Aroused.  If interested, the merchant will ask for a specific sex act, determined in part by arousal.  Whether you accept or decline, the merchant will not be interested in "favors" from you for 4 hours.

If you accept, sex will commence.  When the sex animation ends, you receive a 30 second bartering buff.  Enter the trade window before it expires.

If you decline, the merchant might become angry and rape you.  Arousal and relationship level affect the chance for that.  A strongly aroused merchant can still rape even if you're a friend.  Just accept the merchant's offer.  Female merchants will not rape a male character; instead, your relationship level with that merchant will decrease.  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Female merchants will sometimes demand to use a strap-on on a male character at higher arousal levels.  You didn't think it would be easy as a man did you?

Features

Arousal and SexLab gender preference determine whether a merchant will be interested in your offer of sex.

If the merchant is interested, arousal affects which sex act the merchant will ask for.

The amount of discount is determined by the sex act, relationship level, and player character experience with that type of sex.

Sex types are limited by worn devious devices.  A gag that lacks either a panel or the permit oral keyword blocks oral sex.  A belt blocks vaginal sex, and also blocks anal if the belt does not have the permit anal keyword.  Female merchants will not want "lesbian" sex if you're wearing a gag or belt of any kind, though oral or strap-on sex might still be possible.

Wearing a device that permits sex will allow the sex act but it reduces the discount you receive because you're vulnerable.  (A ring gag will permit oral sex, but the discount you receive will be less.)  Devices other than gags or belts probably should also reduce the discount, but at this time they do not.

Relationship level with the merchant affects how likely it is that you'll be raped if you reject the merchant's offer.

Accepting the merchant's offer never results in rape (SexLab "victim") but the merchant will sometimes use animations tagged "rough" or "aggressive".  Relationship level affects the chance for rough sex.  It's never rough with a friend.

Support for female and male player characters.

Suggested Use

I wrote this for myself as an alternative to haggling necklaces.  Trading sexual favors feels more grounded than putting on a magic amulet.  However, nothing prevents you from using this mod with a necklace of haggling.  The effects should stack.  The buff duration is short because you should only realistically get a discount from the merchant you had sex with.  However, it's a generic buff and the mod doesn't stop you from abusing it if you're fast.

Devious Devices

Devious Devices Assets is required only for keyword checking, to determine if the player character is wearing blocking devices (a gag or belt).  This mod does not add, remove, or interact with devices.

Credit

shane4244 and SexLabWorkingGirl for inspiring me to do this mod.  I just wanted a sex-for-discount mod, but I also wanted it to account for arousal, gender preference, relationship rank, and blocking devices.

Permissions

Do not upload this mod to another site.  Do not upload a modified version of this mod in a different topic.  If you have a conversion or translation, please post it in a comment and I will link to it here.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/28/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, SexLab Aroused, Devious Devices Assets, SKSE, Fuz Roh D'oh
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

View File

I was not able to test this mod with SE, but based on the experience with my previous mod, it should be compatible so I marked it that way.  If you use SE and the mod does not work for you, please let me know and I will update the description.

I wrote this mod for myself, then realized that I could make it public and others might get some use from it.  I play female characters, so I did not write support for males.  If there's enough interest I could do that, but I'm not really expecting a small mod like this to get much notice.

Need a mcm option to switch bartering buff time. 

Gender preference maybe no need.

Can add a option (dialogue) that PC can sell stolen goods to merchant after offer a sex. (Except TG merchants)

Or merchant find PC have too many/High value stolen goods then blackmail PC have sex/rape/add bondage, or they will report to guards. (Chance by relationship) 

As stated in the mod description, the buff is intentionally short to make it difficult to use on a second merchant.  Unless you're asking for an option to reduce the buff duration to really prevent abuse?  "Switch" is a little vague.

Trading sex for anything has the problem that it's free (unless you use a wear & tear mod).  You get to watch some sex, then receive something for nothing.  Using sex to turn any merchant into a fence is roughly equivalent to giving yourself the Fence perk, which is only available at Speech 90.  That just seems very overpowered.  I personally use the mod for a barter buff instead of wearing a necklace of haggling.  It feels more immersive and it's more fun that way, and it works out roughly the same except the sex option is available at level one.  Players can certainly combine a battering amulet with the sex buff if they want, which is quite powerful without adding more benefits.

I like the idea of this mod, seems like something I will be including in my list. I have a question/small suggestion, is the type of the sex (Anal, Oral or Vaginal) being selected at random or do you get to persuade an option? As you have mentioned, Wear & Tear is something you should keep in mind if you use it (Personally, I do). Having the option to choose which type would probably be helpful. It could happen like: He would offer his discount if you let him fucks your character's pussy. You then could suggest you'd suck him dry instead. He might have option to agree, agree with the condition that the discount would be lower since it is not what he wanted (A reason for a lower discount) or a straight up no (You get to accept or deny once more). Arousal and speech level might be the deciding factors.

Again, this is just a small idea that you may decline if you so wish not to include. I'll be adding the mod in the next few days once I handle one small issue in my current profile.

1 hour ago, WingMannDK said:

is there any way to get this without installing Devious Devices Assets?

Haven't tested it myself, but from what is mentioned in the description I'd be surprised if it didn't run fine without DDA. You'd miss out on some stuff though.

"Devious Devices Assets is required only for keyword checking, to determine if the player character is wearing blocking devices (a gag or belt).  This mod does not add, remove, or interact with devices."

6 hours ago, firepunch1 said:

Haven't tested it myself, but from what is mentioned in the description I'd be surprised if it didn't run fine without DDA. You'd miss out on some stuff though.

"Devious Devices Assets is required only for keyword checking, to determine if the player character is wearing blocking devices (a gag or belt).  This mod does not add, remove, or interact with devices."

I tried to install it without installing DDA but sadly the dialog doesn't show up. so if there was a way to install this without having to install DDA would be great

Thank you all for the feedback.

8 hours ago, decaluka said:

Can we get a toggle for elderly people?

I will just remove the filter for elderly NPCs and you can decide whether to offer sex or not.  When I wrote this for myself, I didn't really want to even see the dialog option for elderly because I'd never use it, but excluding elderly NPCs is 5 extra condition checks (ElderRace plus the 4 elderly voice types).  If I get to the point of having options that would justify adding an MCM, I might add a toggle for elderly.

9 hours ago, firepunch1 said:

Any chance we'll see your previous trainer mod become aware of worn devices now that this one is?

I probably should, though it does add a dependence on DD Assets (like I had to do here).

6 hours ago, WingMannDK said:

is there any way to get this without installing Devious Devices Assets?

No, but there are ways you could work around it.

1.  Create a dummy mod with a single record (an unused global variable will work) named Devious Devices - Assets.esm.  Skyrim will see Assets in your mod list and this mod will load.  The keyword checks in this mod would't do anything of course. 

2.  Install just DD Assets.  You don't need Integration or Expansion.  Assets is extremely light on scripting.  It has one script with two GetVersion functions.  There's nothing running in the background to slow your game.  This mod only needs the keywords in the Assets mod file.  If you wish, you could delete the meshes and textures in Assets.  That would add very little to your game, and you'd gain compatibility with mods like this one that check for worn devious devices.

1 hour ago, Bora said:

Is it possible for merchants to also offer sex for a discount, and if refuse, the price rises?

It's possible but not practical.  The discount is a bartering buff that applies for any vendor.  A bartering debuff would likewise apply to any vendor, not just the one you angered.  The possibility for rape is there as a discouragement for refusing.  

8 hours ago, gender65 said:

What is the difference male or female ?

More dialog and more script coding for something I wouldn't use.  With a female PC, it's simple to assume that she will be in the receiving position for sex, except for oral.  With males there are more possibilities (more dialog, more condition checks, more work).  Does the merchant want to fuck the PC, or to be fucked by the PC?  Does a female merchant want cunnilingus, or does she want to suck his cock?  It's not that I don't care about players who prefer male characters, but I made this mod for my own use and decided to make it available to others after cleaning it up a bit.  I am sorry that it leaves out some players, but as I said above I don't expect this small mod to receive much notice, so for now I'm just not willing to do a decent-sized chunk of work for a small number of players for a feature I'd never use myself.  I'd rather put that time into something like this:

10 hours ago, Meteox said:

I have a question/small suggestion, is the type of the sex (Anal, Oral or Vaginal) being selected at random or do you get to persuade an option? As you have mentioned, Wear & Tear is something you should keep in mind if you use it

At lower arousal the merchant will only ask for oral, but at higher arousal the type is random.  I use a wear & tear mod too, so I made notes for plans to add more player interaction to propose a different type of sex, with a chance that the merchant will become angry and refuse any sex-for-discount deal or rape the PC.  The chance of success should be influenced by relationship rank and player speechcraft.  (That and other existing chance rolls should probably also consider other worn restraints.  If you're locked in a yoke or armbinder, you're in a poor bargaining position.  Maybe the merchant decides to have sex with you and not give you a discount.)  I know how I want to do it, but to do it right would take more time than I wanted to spend right now.  It's on the list of things I'd like to do, though. 

Great idea overall! I think this could become fairly popular. 

Personally I'd like the option to also play a male character, but I will still happily add this as I also play as a female quite often. And totally understand the extra work it would be to add male functionality to this.

Is the rape outcome adjustable or is it set? That would be my biggest suggestion, an mcm adjustable slider or whatever.

2 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Is the rape outcome adjustable or is it set?

Right now it's not adjustable, but the chance depends on merchant arousal and relationship with the PC.  It might be a candidate for configuration if it gets to the point there are enough things worth configuring to set up an MCM.  Rape can only occur if you offer sex and then change your mind.  If you don't do that, it will never happen (well, not from this mod).  Since some discount is better than none, it's almost always in your interest to just follow through anyway.  Have sex, get a discount, everyone's happy. 

1 hour ago, Daedric Prince of Lust said:

If you only need DD to check if you're DD or not, wouldn't it be better to make it a soft dependency?

If the keyword checks were only in the scripts, then yes.  But some of the those checks are in the dialog conditions.  It's probably possible to check what devices the PC is wearing in a script at the moment you speak to the merchant, then set quest variables to indicate which keywords were found and have the dialog conditions look at the quest variables.  But that's a roundabout way to do something that should be straightforward, just to remove a hard dependence on a single mod:  not DDi or DDe, just DDa. 

I don't think it's asking much to have DD Assets installed.  The impact on performance should effectively be zero, and it's commonly used by other LoversLab mods.  If it were a dependence on Joe's Erotic Bunny Suits, then sure, that would be out there.  But adding DD Assets to the mod list shouldn't amount to more than a mod slot, and having it could very well allow the player to run other mods too. 

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

At lower arousal the merchant will only ask for oral, but at higher arousal the type is random.  I use a wear & tear mod too, so I made notes for plans to add more player interaction to propose a different type of sex, with a chance that the merchant will become angry and refuse any sex-for-discount deal or rape the PC.  The chance of success should be influenced by relationship rank and player speechcraft.  (That and other existing chance rolls should probably also consider other worn restraints.  If you're locked in a yoke or armbinder, you're in a poor bargaining position.  Maybe the merchant decides to have sex with you and not give you a discount.)  I know how I want to do it, but to do it right would take more time than I wanted to spend right now.  It's on the list of things I'd like to do, though. 

I'm glad to hear we are in the same boat on this one. I usually try to avoid giving suggestion because I don't want to bother anyone. Keep up the good work!

8 hours ago, macnchz said:

thank you for sharing your mod, curious as to why you would not include innkeepers and elderly npcs?  

Innkeepers because the discount is only for bartering and would not affect room rental cost (which can be high with mods that alter them).  I didn't want players to get confused about that or to have to keep answering "Your mod is broken, room rental cost didn't change!"  Innkeepers only buy & sell food and typically have little gold anyway, so no real loss.

Elderly NPCs because I wouldn't want to proposition them and didn't care to see the dialog option when talking to them, and I didn't think anyone else would either.  That turned out to be a bad assumption, so I removed the dialog filter for elderly in the 1.0.1 version but forgot to update the mod description.

Released version 1.1.

While I was walking this morning, I thought of a way to support male player characters without upending the dialog too much.  It ended being more involved than I'd hoped, but it's done.  The tag search for a male PC performing oral on a female NPC was tricky.  I use two searches for valid animations.  If the first one comes up empty, I use the second one.

Changes:

Support for male player characters.

Female merchants will not rape a male character; instead, your relationship level with that merchant will decrease.  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Female merchants will sometimes demand to use a strap-on on a male character at higher arousal levels.  You didn't think it would be easy as a man, did you?  However, you do get a better discount for agreeing to strap-on action.