Trials of Mana Mod Creation Guide

1 hour ago, tigers said:

Dont make a new topic, otherwise that would become a third topic. Just post your stuff in this or the mod request topic.

Also was anyone able to fix the lips issue?

The lips issue is because morphs are not exported by UModel.  We need a better method of exporting uassets :(

4 hours ago, Heart76 said:

Thank you great tutorial! My only issue is I don't know how to add stand alone materials. I overwrote Durans main textures    duran-mod.png

It works though. Just want to be able to add different hairstyles and colors for different outfits.

Duran-hair-texture.png

Awesome haircut!

You need to set the correct material ID for the vertices that you want to texture. You will probably also need to edit the UV if you are editing an existing mesh.

For new meshes it's best to re-use existing materials and share the texture. For existing meshes it's best to only edit the vertex/texture/UV data.

You can also edit bone weights, but it's tricky to get it looking right because of the animation and physics blueprints that we can't export/edit.

I'm trying to do just raw texture edits where I don't even touch the models, but I'm having an issue with it. I've triple-checked the editted bat file in step 8, and it's exactly the same as yours. When I run my file DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE-SFV.bat , I get an error that says "Invalid number of parameters" right at the top. Then it packs the file system, and the game spits out an error when I try to load it. I get the feeling whatever's going on with the error is corrupting the .pak file, because when I try to open it with umodel, it's all blank inside. Here's my file structure, put into a zip file, that I've been shoving into the .bat. Any help would be great.  Tes.zip

Good evening,

I'm interested in the re balance aspects of modding this game. I supposed once done, repacking the .pak is the steps described above, but how do you go to getting those files.

Install Unreal4 via the Epic Games Launcher to be able to get the files to edit?

2 hours ago, koechophe said:

I'm trying to do just raw texture edits where I don't even touch the models, but I'm having an issue with it. I've triple-checked the editted bat file in step 8, and it's exactly the same as yours. When I run my file DROP_MOD_FOLDER_HERE-SFV.bat , I get an error that says "Invalid number of parameters" right at the top. Then it packs the file system, and the game spits out an error when I try to load it. I get the feeling whatever's going on with the error is corrupting the .pak file, because when I try to open it with umodel, it's all blank inside. Here's my file structure, put into a zip file, that I've been shoving into the .bat. Any help would be great.  Tes.zip

i opened your bat file and confirmed it's exactly the same as mine.

is your unpacked mod on a different drive? that caused problems for me at first. try putting it on the same drive as the batch file first and let me know if that works so I can put a note in the tutorial.

14 minutes ago, Ermac madafaka said:

I'm blocked at last phase of step 6 , i can't drag object from UE model to character folder in UEditor

rage quit after 6h+ on SK_pc02_03d

1st modding experience lolz

What you mean "drag object from UE model to character folder in UEditor" ???

At the end of step 5 we have created an FBX file. In step 6 we drag that FBX file into UE4.

The only reason we open UModel in step 6 is to look at paths and file names so that we know what folders to make in UE4.

4 minutes ago, Nameraca said:

Good evening,

I'm interested in the re balance aspects of modding this game. I supposed once done, repacking the .pak is the steps described above, but how do you go to getting those files.

Install Unreal4 via the Epic Games Launcher to be able to get the files to edit?

Ummm...

interested in the re balance aspects of modding this game

This is too vague for me to give a useful answer.

You can unpack and repack the files with u4pak. I don't know what changes you want to make, but it may be possible with a text editor or hex editor  

u4pak_TOM.zip

17 minutes ago, wutdahax said:

Ummm...

This is too vague for me to give a useful answer.

You can unpack and repack the files with u4pak. I don't know what changes you want to make, but it may be possible with a text editor or hex editor  

u4pak_TOM.zip 2.98 MB · 0 downloads

My apologies. I'll give some more details.

The game as it is, is too easy. The first things I want to do are things like:

Increase enemy stats - damage, health, maybe drops, movement speed.

Change the buy/sell values of items.

Change the character's health/damage/stats, ideally across the board for all levels

I am not yet certain of what can or can't be done yet.

Additional interesting things:

Swap out training/perks/passive between classes

Try if it's possible to assign a class costume to another class.

Absolutely no 3D editing here, only changing up the game balance.

Thank you for the tool, I will give it a try.

14 minutes ago, Nameraca said:

My apologies. I'll give some more details.

The game as it is, is too easy. The first things I want to do are things like:

Increase enemy stats - damage, health, maybe drops, movement speed.

Change the buy/sell values of items.

Change the character's health/damage/stats, ideally across the board for all levels

I am not yet certain of what can or can't be done yet.

Me neither. I don't know where any of that is stored so if you find it in the unpacked files we would all be very interested to know!

Additional interesting things:

Swap out training/perks/passive between classes

Try if it's possible to assign a class costume to another class.

Absolutely no 3D editing here, only changing up the game balance.

Changing perks and abilities: again, no idea, same as above.
Assign a class costume to another class can be tricky without going through the whole process in my tutorial. I'm sure it would work the same way as swapping costumes in Street Fighter 5, that is to swap directories and then hex-editing the contents so that they contain the correct file paths.

Thank you for the tool, I will give it a try.

You're very welcome. I look forward to see what you come up with!

1 hour ago, wutdahax said:

Me neither. I don't know where any of that is stored so if you find it in the unpacked files we would all be very interested to know!

Changing perks and abilities: again, no idea, same as above.
Assign a class costume to another class can be tricky without going through the whole process in my tutorial. I'm sure it would work the same way as swapping costumes in Street Fighter 5, that is to swap uasset+uexp files and then editing the contents so that they contain the correct file paths.

You're very welcome. I look forward to see what you come up with!

Thank you. Of course, I'll share anything I find, I'm going to try and parse through once I manage to get my hands on the files.

I'm getting the following error when I unpak. I assumed the large file was the one containing everything.

Creating a "unpak" folder prior to unpacking still gives me the same error.

I need to install Unreal 4.22.* for it to work, right?

image.png.1ff7f06fd5ee072fc52e0379c1aa5369.png

1 hour ago, Nameraca said:

Thank you. Of course, I'll share anything I find, I'm going to try and parse through once I manage to get my hands on the files.

I'm getting the following error when I unpak. I assumed the large file was the one containing everything.

i had file not found when i dragged a file from another disk.

If that's not the problem, i can only refer you to the github readme https://github.com/panzi/u4pak

try using that .py file?

3 hours ago, wutdahax said:

i opened your bat file and confirmed it's exactly the same as mine.

is your unpacked mod on a different drive? that caused problems for me at first. try putting it on the same drive as the batch file first and let me know if that works so I can put a note in the tutorial.

They were both on my D drive, tried moving it over to C and had the same problem. I used your .Bat file, and while it all looks right in Umodel, I still get an "Invalid number of parameters" error before it paks the file, and then when I try to play with it, I get this error: image.png.00a094e158448f23f9a603aefb4233fc.png

I think whatever error I'm having is the same was as Nameraca, as I get the exact same error when I try to use the unpack function, too. See below at this picture:

2 hours ago, Nameraca said:

image.png.1ff7f06fd5ee072fc52e0379c1aa5369.png

Is there some sort of dependency for u4pak that I'm missing? I have python installed, couldn't think of what else would be causing such a simple program to behave this way. I also have UE installed in the right version, though I doubt that would affect this particular program. 

On 4/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, wutdahax said:

Now open up SK_pc02_01a. You can collapse parameter groups that we don’t need.

Click the little yellow undo icon to remove the physics asset.
Select the Post Process Animation named pc02_01a_sub_ABP_kawaii we created earlier.
And make a new Shadow Physics Asset named SK_pc02_01a_shadow_PhysicsAsset (in the correct folder).

image.png.c8c60d990bc638e4ba1e7f63a7edcfd1.png

Default options for the shadow physics object are fine – we won’t include them in our packaged mod anyway.

Save All (Ctrl+Shift+S)

Now delete the old PhysicsAsset from the content browser because we don’t need it any more.

Sorry, i don't know what is this main? Can you help me? Please

13 hours ago, azerty96 said:

I just tried to mod angela mystic outfit but having issues with hair, face and body textures, clothes textures works well

Reveal hidden contents

20200428232350_1.thumb.jpg.55ac18958d72b981c17337acfefe32ae.jpg

If you wants to take a look at my pak here it is

Angela_mystic_P.pak 2.17 MB · 13 downloads

Still can't figure out why there is no texture on hair, body and face, I did the same process as the tutorial, just changed file names to 02_02b intead of 02_01a.

Any idea?

#It is English in machine language.

Thank you for the polite commentary forum.

I also tried to replace the goddess statue.

In the end, I gave up on remapping the textures of the new model, but I enjoyed learning the UE.

I look forward to many wonderful works in the future.20200429162651_1.thumb.jpg.b6c3cad47275d4590c8dfb1e5a5bb663.jpg

3 hours ago, azerty96 said:

なぜ髪、体、顔にテクスチャがないのかわからないので、チュートリアルと同じプロセスを実行し、ファイル名を02_02bに変更し、02_01aに変更しました。

何か案が?

I'm sorry if it's hard to understand because it's machine translation.
You can do it like in the image on UE42011374061_2020-04-29224158.thumb.png.6972175d125739b5e22d21b087f22bfd.png

20200429225311_1.jpg

"No Game Default Map specified in Project Settings > Maps & Modes."

Is what I get when trying to pack the files, I have no idea how to fix that and google is not helping.

Edit apparently it was a problem of starting a project with starter crap, doing it without it worked.

But now a different problem, same issue as @azerty96

20200429172205_1.jpg