Top 5 favorite games from your childhood.

1. Dragon Warrior II NES - It was the first RPG I ever beat (DW1 was the first played) and it was just so epic. Especially the long hallway walk to Hargon's Castle. ;P Epic for the time!

2. Final Fantasy 3 - SNES: My favorite RPG of all time. The height of the series in my opinion, only reason it isn't 1 is because DW2 holds a special place as the first game I ever beat.

3. Castlevania 2 - Simon's Quest - Finding Drac's body parts? Eww but fun.

4. Final Fantasy 2 - SNES: I know it's really IV now but at the time it was the grandest game I had ever seen.

5. Megaman 3 - NES: Still remember some of the enemies, Magnet Man, Gemini Man, Snake Man... ;)

My favorites from childhood:

Running around outside with sticks shooting the pretend bad guys < '73
chainmail ~'73 TSRtm tabletop
AD&D TSRtm '77 tabletop
Ogre Microgamestm '77 tabletop
Melee & wizard Microgamestm '78 tabletop

But I know you mean electronic ;)

pong 75 (arcade)
star trek (programed in basic on our schools first computer) 79
astroids 80 (arcade)
Galaxian 80 (arcade)
Defender 81 (arcade)

1. Pirates! - 'nuff said.

2. Movie Monster Game - I just loved playing the monster

3. Laser Squad - Excellent turn based shooter with destructible environment, overwatch, and so forth.

4. Pool of Radiance - And all the sequels, as well as rest of the AD&D games.

5. Fellowship of the Rings - I did not as much play that game, as I was inspired by that game to take a look into tabletop RPGs. For that it deserves the mention.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Tyrian 2000 (1995) - The childhood game that left the biggest impact on my life and gave me an affinity for sci-fi and top-down shooters.

2) SimCity 2000 (1994) - Where I discovered I loved symmetry, big buildings, and playing god.

3) Pokemon Yellow (1998) - For a computer gamer, I logged over 100 hours on this thing as a kid, bringing it with me on every road trip we went on. And now I'm here eagerly awaiting X and Y!

4) Red Alert (1997) - I sucked hardcore at the original C&C, so Red Alert was the game that truly brought me into the RTS genre.

5) Desert Strike (1992) - This game made me fall in love with helicopters and machine guns. I had no frickin clue what I was doing, but I loved flying around in that badass Apache.

In no particular order:

Spyro the Dragon

Pokemon Silver (strangely I got this before pokemon red or blue, despite being aware of red and blue)

Crash Bandicoot

Worms Armageddon

FFIX

mostly PS1 and Gameboy Colour stuff, I still connect my PSone for a bit of Worms every now and then since it's still a fun game.

I'm going to add games from my teen years too... Like up to 15 years old since the #1 I'm about to list is still my favorite game and came out when I was 14, and #2 came out when I was 15. Considering I'm 30 years old I think I can extend the time period a little more since most of my childhood games would encompass NES and Super NES otherwise. Well they still kinda do, but that's besides the point! :P

#1.) Daggerfall

#2.) Final Fantasy 7

#3.) Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

#4.) Final Fantasy 6

#5.) A tie between Actraiser and Chrono Trigger

Honorable Mention (forget when it came out?): Earthbound for SNES

I'm going to add games from my teen years too... Like up to 15 years old since the #1 I'm about to list is still my favorite game and came out when I was 14, and #2 came out when I was 15. Considering I'm 30 years old I think I can extend the time period a little more since most of my childhood games would encompass NES and Super NES otherwise. Well they still kinda do, but that's besides the point! :P

#1.) Daggerfall

#2.) Final Fantasy 7

#3.) Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

#4.) Final Fantasy 6

#5.) A tie between Actraiser and Chrono Trigger

Honorable Mention (forget when it came out?): Earthbound for SNES

I share my preference for most of those games, except daggerfall since i get dizzy playing it. ff 7 and ff 6 are my ff favorites no matter what people say about ff x and ff xiii. i still play zelda whenever i have time and chrono trgger was epic. maybe its because i grow up playing those games the main reason i love them so much.

Great Thread Polluxval.

1. Gothic 1 ( first RPG what Ive played)

2. Spyro (all 3 parts on ps1)

3. Diablo 2 with addon

4. Fighting Force ( ps1)

5. Poy Poy 1 ( ps1)

Most of them Ps1 games well Snes was nice either.

Chrono Trigger , Secret of mana , DK Country 1-3 all things are played on that famous console.