7 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

As you can imagine it might be quite awkward if you found out your spouse was a monster and they are right there holding a gun like "Got a problem, honey?" lol

I have to admit, I don't know why they killed off the spouse. Personally I would've loved a story where parents tear apart the world searching for their kid. I think they could've had a scenario where if you wanted to you could've broke up with them or double down on your relationship and come together closer then before. It sounds better then just waking up and having them dead, but this is just my own preference I guess.

I do understand though, that if you have your world built for that scenario only to have someone throw in a curve ball by adding some dark backstory that may cause a conflict. If your spouse doesn't like murder, theft, or selfishness only to find out that they were secretly working for the mob. It's a bit of a conflict.

9 minutes ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

I have to admit, I don't know why they killed off the spouse. Personally I would've loved a story where parents tear apart the world searching for their kid. I think they could've had a scenario where if you wanted to you could've broke up with them or double down on your relationship and come together closer then before. It sounds better then just waking up and having them dead, but this is just my own preference I guess.

I do understand though, that if you have your world built for that scenario only to have someone throw in a curve ball by adding some dark backstory that may cause a conflict. If your spouse doesn't like murder, theft, or selfishness only to find out that they were secretly working for the mob. It's a bit of a conflict.

To be clear I also romance Piper, Cait, Curie and any modded followers too. (I use the modded Followers Jasmine and Laura who are custom voiced with their own personalities and quests) I just like to interpret that the PC and their spouse practise polyamory.

20 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

To be clear I also romance Piper, Cait, Curie and any modded followers too. (I use the modded Followers Jasmine and Laura who are custom voiced with their own personalities and quests) I just like to interpret that the PC and their spouse practise polyamory.

To each their own. I'm just saying that going out into the world together and fighting like hell to get back your kid would've been better than killing off the spouse. If they (Bethesda) wanted to, I don't understand why they couldn't set up the game to either peruse a monogamous marriage with spouse, or end the relationship, or peruse a more poly/open relationship since the fallout world doesn't really mention marriage. It would've been fun witnessing the drama based on character choices with relationships and/or tactics used in the game (like murder, theft, etc). But as always Bethesda takes a great idea like fallout, like elder scrolls, and decides to have modders finish the game for them.

3 hours ago, Nazguli Tyvek said:

To each their own. I'm just saying that going out into the world together and fighting like hell to get back your kid would've been better than killing off the spouse. If they (Bethesda) wanted to, I don't understand why they couldn't set up the game to either peruse a monogamous marriage with spouse, or end the relationship, or peruse a more poly/open relationship since the fallout world doesn't really mention marriage. It would've been fun witnessing the drama based on character choices with relationships and/or tactics used in the game (like murder, theft, etc). But as always Bethesda takes a great idea like fallout, like elder scrolls, and decides to have modders finish the game for them.

Absolutely. It's very weird because the whole "I must find my son." plot just sort of fizzles out. Like you do find your son but it's a fluke that he's still at the institute.

5 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Absolutely. It's very weird because the whole "I must find my son." plot just sort of fizzles out. Like you do find your son but it's a fluke that he's still at the institute.

I loved the game my first playthrough however, after I met "father" and learned the truth I was soooo pissed I rage quit (first time this ever happened to me in a game, LOL). It took me a couple days to even give it another shot and after all that I was able to complete the main storyline pretty quickly. The way the game is built though (probably my main criticism) is that Bethesda expects me to just help other settlers while my kid is missing... Really? Finding Shawn and getting your husband/wife back should've been half of the game. That plot twist with father was unexpected however, it was bullshit. It spoiled the game for me. They should've had us get our family back then they should've had us explore the world and try to build the family life the character once had for the rest of the game. Either with the minutemen or the brotherhood, maybe the institute would've tried to get revenge or maybe the commonwealth would try to stop you, etc. But as usual they get a great concept but never follow through with their game. 

Edited by Nazguli Tyvek

so about the backstory ideas.

the biggest problem is the 2070's lifestyle

because there are two(and more) ideas of the 2070's life

1. that it is really rosy with little to no racism(except Chinese) and life is pretty good. basically a prewar utopia

or

2. that in a lot ways, it is actually a lot worse than the wasteland, with near constant paranoia, disease, over inflation, corruption and casual violence(soldiers executing a Canadian in the intro of Fallout 1 or 2.)

so when I am talking about a darker backstory to Nate or Nora, I am referring that they did what they could to survive and prosper. (buying a house would have been insanely expensive)

new backstory idea - I just had an idea about the previous owners of the house, basically they were Chinese and the government took the house away from them and sold it to a loyal solder and his wife. (also btw the government took the old owners to a detention camp so that is cheery)

Ok I'm gonna chime in here and you can all just skip this if it don't sound right to you. I've seen people posting mods that changed the food found in supposedly prewar containers because they felt that type of food (bloatfly meat, etc.) wouldn't have been present prewar. That's BS. Why did the war happen? Because the world was running out of resources. Rampant radiation pollution was killing off the wildlife and / or changing it. The Yoa Gui Bear was named BY the people held in interment camps. So most of the creatures in the game were there except the super mutants, ghouls and feral ghouls BEFORE the war. Super mutants came about by science trying to develope a mutagen to help humans resist the radiation and to possibly enhance humans to make better soldiers. Corruption was RAMPANT at every level of government and all throughout industry though in my opinion it was mainly at the higher levels of both. The average workers were being exploited for company/government gain. So to get ahead in either you had to be corrupt, partially corrupt, turn a blind eye to corruption or a whistle blower that would probably be targeted for deletion. So lets say Nora was a JAG investigator/whistle blower and Nate was her inside man doing the dirty work to get the info she needed to blow the lid on military corruption. Since VaulTec and the military were in bed together might it not be reasonable to assume that they were targeted for deletion but the nukes fell to soon and VaulTec not to miss their chance injected them with an experimental serum that causes them to be extremely fertile the side effects of which leads them to be promiscuous and greatly lowers their inhibitions? Not quite a bimbo/himbo serum but similar, the unexpected side effects are the bimbo/himbo like approach to sex and extremely high sex drive? They could have been injected with the serum as part of the "health" check they were supposedly to go through in the pods. "Here take this shot and get into the pod for your health checkup", type thing? Other more in depth dossier's on both could be placed at other locations, Switchboard and the hidden lab at University Point comes to mind right off the bat.

Anyway that's my take on why/how they could have more indepth backstories with out being squeaky clean.

46 minutes ago, Oldwolf58 said:

Ok I'm gonna chime in here and you can all just skip this if it don't sound right to you. I've seen people posting mods that changed the food found in supposedly prewar containers because they felt that type of food (bloatfly meat, etc.) wouldn't have been present prewar. That's BS. Why did the war happen? Because the world was running out of resources. Rampant radiation pollution was killing off the wildlife and / or changing it. The Yoa Gui Bear was named BY the people held in interment camps. So most of the creatures in the game were there except the super mutants, ghouls and feral ghouls BEFORE the war. Super mutants came about by science trying to develope a mutagen to help humans resist the radiation and to possibly enhance humans to make better soldiers. Corruption was RAMPANT at every level of government and all throughout industry though in my opinion it was mainly at the higher levels of both. The average workers were being exploited for company/government gain. So to get ahead in either you had to be corrupt, partially corrupt, turn a blind eye to corruption or a whistle blower that would probably be targeted for deletion. So lets say Nora was a JAG investigator/whistle blower and Nate was her inside man doing the dirty work to get the info she needed to blow the lid on military corruption. Since VaulTec and the military were in bed together might it not be reasonable to assume that they were targeted for deletion but the nukes fell to soon and VaulTec not to miss their chance injected them with an experimental serum that causes them to be extremely fertile the side effects of which leads them to be promiscuous and greatly lowers their inhibitions? Not quite a bimbo/himbo serum but similar, the unexpected side effects are the bimbo/himbo like approach to sex and extremely high sex drive? They could have been injected with the serum as part of the "health" check they were supposedly to go through in the pods. "Here take this shot and get into the pod for your health checkup", type thing? Other more in depth dossier's on both could be placed at other locations, Switchboard and the hidden lab at University Point comes to mind right off the bat.

Anyway that's my take on why/how they could have more indepth backstories with out being squeaky clean.

This I like. Perhaps the best compromise between my 'No, the main characters are nice people' and INVB's fair point that the world was just shit and people did what they had to to survive.

Make it a bit Captain America in that part of the reason they are special is that they bothered to stand up and fight for good even when everything is awful. Perhaps scientists prewar singled them out for special experimentation pre war using the cryo vault as cover for their plans. It would also add extra irony to the Institute kidnapping Shaun and deciding to keep the sole survivor alive as a 'back up' if unknowingly the sole survivor and their spouse weren't pure human anymore.

If you wanted you could even say that Nate and Nora were living crappy lives until they kicked up enough of a fuss that they got volunteered and the powers that be gave them the nice house with the white picket fence (possibly taken from people sent to internment camps) just so they could keep them close

It would also explain why Nate and Nora are able to survive so damned much in the commonwealth

It wouldn't even require that much effort. Just stick an extra terminal entry or journal somewhere from the special ops guy inside the vault then have it presumed he was killed off with the rest of security and scientists.

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

thinking about it, at least we are not talking about a Deus Ex baby twist.

Hide contents

that in all of the main games, you are playing as a modified(modified from conception or birth) human.

so I do not want Father to be superhuman

Oh absolutely Shaun should be the last 'normal' human from before prewar it adds to the tragedy. I just always found it amusing how the villains keep you alive as 'backup' and that is their downfall so it would be extra irony if you didn't even qualify as a valid backup. Plus I was more explaining away the way player characters are.

8 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

thinking about it, at least we are not talking about a Deus Ex baby twist.

Reveal hidden contents

that in all of the main games, you are playing as a modified(modified from conception or birth) human.

so I do not want Father to be superhuman

It also goes along with the fact that I play as a synth using the A.S.I.A. mod by Trykz. I look at it as if Nora was injected with Nanites that recreated her body to the last detail, kind of like the premise for Cyberpunk 2077 the Secure your Soul chip is using nanites to overwrite V's brain. A branch of synth development that the institute discarded as it evolved the machines you see creating the gen 3 synths. The Nanites recreated her perfectly with the serum intact. That ties the ASIA mod , the rogue sexbot mod and WLDF all together. It also allows for the narrative in my first post to be valid for their good/bad history since she was recreated exactly by the nanites all the memories are still valid.

Edited by Oldwolf58
On 11/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, NiX10 said:

I've seen someone report this here but using empty milk bottle i can make infinite amount of milk, I'm assuming that is a bug.

Yep... I reported it Post #1938 Page 78. It's a Sterilised Empty Milk Bottle, one of the loot from Vault 111. Unlimited uses...

There's also the magazine on the roof of Abernathy Farm, that you can't pick up. I usually save the game, then run into it shin first, to knock it off the box, to pick it up. Magazine is placed slightly too low...

7 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Yep... I reported it Post #1938 Page 78. It's a Sterilised Empty Milk Bottle, one of the loot from Vault 111. Unlimited uses...

There's also the magazine on the roof of Abernathy Farm, that you can't pick up. I usually save the game, then run into it shin first, to knock it off the box, to pick it up. Magazine is placed slightly too low...

It's a bethesda game so many items spawn then fall through the textures of items. I use no clip routinely now. It's not cheating if it's an item you could get if the game worked.

8 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

It's a bethesda game so many items spawn then fall through the textures of items. I use no clip routinely now. It's not cheating if it's an item you could get if the game worked.

Nope... its a mod placed magazine, its just been placed a touch too low, and its below the hit box of the box it is on. I know, because I make mods that place items into the world. It's only a minor problem, if there's an easy work around.

28 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Nope... its a mod placed magazine, its just been placed a touch too low, and its below the hit box of the box it is on. I know, because I make mods that place items into the world. It's only a minor problem, if there's an easy work around.

I will fix it in the next update

so while I am updating the mod, I decided to add a bodycount to captive creatures (similar to enslavement)

so you can craft a creature cage after killing a certain amount of them.

but I would like to know how many kills per creature

because I don't actually remember how often creatures appear (in actually gameplay)

so the kills will divided into 1, 10, 25, 50 and 100 lots

Alien -  1 kill
Bloatfly - 100 kills

Bloodbug (hostile only) - 100 kills
Brahmin - ?

Housecat - ?
Deathclaw - 25 or 50
Raider dog - 100 kills

Vicious Dog - 100 kills

Feral Ghouls - 100 kills
Mutant Hound - ?
Gorilla - ?
Mirelurk Hunter - 50 kills

Mirelurk King - ?

Mirelurk Crab - 100 kills

Mirelurk Queen - ?
Molerat - 100 kills
Radscorpion - 50 kills
Radstag  - 50-100 kills

Stingwing - 50 kills
Supermutant - 100 kills

Behemoth - 25 kills?
Synths - 100 kills
Yao Guai - 25 kills?

DLC03

Anglers - ?
Fog Crawlers - ?
Gulpers -  ?
Hermit Crabs - ?
RadRabbit - ?
RadChicken - ?

Wolf - 50 kills

DLC04
Bloodworm - ?

Brahmiluff - ?

Cave Cricket - ?
Gatorclaw -  ?

Ghoulrilla - ?

Rad Gazelle - 50-100 kills

RadRat - ?

How exactly does the milking process work? I have the buffout milking equipment and I have both sterilized and regular milk bottles. I know that if I click on the sterilized bottles then I get breast milk however it doesn't have any buffout perk. When clicking on the regular milk bottles it says "can't equip this item". I was able to get some milk equipment to work automatically however I'm having trouble getting the buffout equipment to work. So, how do I get the Buffout equipment to automatically milk the PC while wearing it throughout the game? Do I need any special milk bottles?

Edited by Nazguli Tyvek