On 4/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, LenAnderson said:

Since morphs aren't necessarily linked to rads anymore, healing morphs also shouldn't be triggered by healing rads...

Well I thought things were going good.  got 3bbb set up, bones set right, setup all my sliders.  Butt, Belly, Boobs, Nipples all morphing fine to radiation exposure.  When I talk to the doctor in Diamond City...I don't get the green box that pops up to heal her morphs.  Its just the normal vanilla options, no green box popup so I can pick heal morphs.  Please help, she has a large ass, belly pooch, triple d's, and swollen nipples.  I wanted to heal her, then start over...?

6 hours ago, leesjig said:

Well I thought things were going good.  got 3bbb set up, bones set right, setup all my sliders.  Butt, Belly, Boobs, Nipples all morphing fine to radiation exposure.  When I talk to the doctor in Diamond City...I don't get the green box that pops up to heal her morphs.  Its just the normal vanilla options, no green box popup so I can pick heal morphs.  Please help, she has a large ass, belly pooch, triple d's, and swollen nipples.  I wanted to heal her, then start over...?

The recent posts with screenshots and video are from the development of version 2 of RMR. None of this is in the current version. 

If you have doctor only reset enabled, just have the doctor heal ads and morphs will be reset. 

9 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

The recent posts with screenshots and video are from the development of version 2 of RMR. None of this is in the current version. 

If you have doctor only reset enabled, just have the doctor heal ads and morphs will be reset. 

Well I loaded back up the game and double checked the options with doctor.  Doctor just doesn't give any options to heal morphs.  Prolly my game then.  I'll start a new game and double check setup.

3 minutes ago, leesjig said:

Well I loaded back up the game and double checked the options with doctor.  Doctor just doesn't give any options to heal morphs.  Prolly my game then.  I'll start a new game and double check setup.

There is no explicit dialog option or message box to heal morphs in the current version of this mod.

Let the doctor heal rads. That will reset your morphs.

I just wanted to post and tell you how much I love this mod, I've been using it for several months now.  I've even patched all my rad food to give 6 times the normal radiation in order to ramp up the game play loop of visiting doctors for treatments. 

I was very excited to check the thread the other day and saw that it's still being improved upon.  Great stuff, and thank you so much!

On 5/7/2022 at 10:24 AM, LenAnderson said:

There is no explicit dialog option or message box to heal morphs in the current version of this mod.

Let the doctor heal rads. That will reset your morphs.

All is good,  Thanks LenA. On new start I made sure I had 'only doctors can reset morphs' checked in MCM early before any morphing started.  I exposed her to lots of rads, body morphed up.  I went to Doctor in D. City again, this time I made sure I had a little rads exposure on health bar, then Doctor reset all morph when I picked cure rads. 

On previous test, just guessing.  I didn't have any rads on health bar when talking to doctor, so thats why maybe the doc didn't reset morphs, or I actually didn't turn on 'only doctor can reset morph' way later after morphing had already begun.  So it could have been either of these causing the no healing morphs?  So yep, 1st You want a little rads on health bar, 2nd you want the animation of him thumping the needle, then screen fades to black.  That's what you want to see...I know, dang.  

Edited by leesjig
5 hours ago, leesjig said:

All is good,  Thanks LenA. On new start I made sure I had 'only doctors can reset morphs' checked in MCM early before any morphing started.  I exposed her to lots of rads, body morphed up.  I went to Doctor in D. City again, this time I made sure I had a little rads exposure on health bar, then Doctor reset all morph when I picked cure rads. 

On previous test, just guessing.  I didn't have any rads on health bar when talking to doctor, so thats why maybe the doc didn't reset morphs, or I actually didn't turn on 'only doctor can reset morph' way later after morphing had already begun.  So it could have been either of these causing the no healing morphs?  So yep, 1st You want a little rads on health bar, 2nd you want the animation of him thumping the needle, then screen fades to black.  That's what you want to see...I know, dang.  

Yes, it's a corner case with doctor morph resetting... it depends on being able to have rads healed by a doctor, so if you already cured your radiation damage (for example by taking Rad-Away) then the dialogue option for it just says something like "I'm not irradiated" instead and does nothing.

@LenAnderson In the 0.7.1.7 version, I edited the script and fought to recompile it, to make it so dismissed companions/followers don't revert morphs if they're dismissed while in a morphed state.

Can you just add it as an MCM toggle?(Please) Only because 'not everyone' may want it as the default.

From the 0.7.1.7 version I modified.

Untitled.png.97a3b908c2e56145af802df798f88c0b.png

I've tried to do this with the current version, but compiling things in subdirectories is a huge pain-in-the-ass, and I haven't worked out all of the compiler arguments.

Maybe stop using a subdirectory? Just data\source\user\? Please?

If you don't, I'll just fight with the compiler until I get it right, but I'd rather see it as an "official" update.

6 hours ago, tzenrick said:

@LenAnderson In the 0.7.1.7 version, I edited the script and fought to recompile it, to make it so dismissed companions/followers don't revert morphs if they're dismissed while in a morphed state.

Can you just add it as an MCM toggle?(Please) Only because 'not everyone' may want it as the default.

From the 0.7.1.7 version I modified.

Untitled.png.97a3b908c2e56145af802df798f88c0b.png

I've tried to do this with the current version, but compiling things in subdirectories is a huge pain-in-the-ass, and I haven't worked out all of the compiler arguments.

Maybe stop using a subdirectory? Just data\source\user\? Please?

If you don't, I'll just fight with the compiler until I get it right, but I'd rather see it as an "official" update.

I'll keep that in mind and see if I can add that option in a satisfying way. However, enabling that option would most likely mean that there would be no way to restore a companion's original morphs ever, even when disabling RMR due to the limited array lengths.

I'll certainly keep my scripts in their namespace. Never had any issues with compiling in CK.

EDIT 1

All that CK does to compile is this:

"...\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\PapyrusTemp\EditorBuildTemp.ppj"

And the contents of the ppj

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<PapyrusProject xmlns="Papyrus:Project-Schema" Output="E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\" Flags="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg">
	<Imports>
		<Import>...\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\</Import>
		<Import>...\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base\</Import>
	</Imports>
	<Scripts>
		<Script>LenARM\LenARM_API.psc</Script>
		<Script>LenARM\LenARM_Main.psc</Script>
		<Script>LenARM\LenARM_Util.psc</Script>
		<Script>LenARM\LenARM_Debug.psc</Script>
		<Script>LenARM\LenARM_SliderSet.psc</Script>
	</Scripts>
</PapyrusProject>

EDIT 2

Thought some more about what it would mean to not restore companion morphs on dismiss. Not only would there by no way to ever restore their original body, the morphed body that they had when dismissed would be treated as the new "original" body to base any new morphs on...

- Companion joins, save their current morphs (m0 = the original companion body) as original
- Take rads, morph companion based on original (m0) morphs
- Dismiss companion, keep current morphs (m1 = modified by RMR), forget original morphs to make room for new companions
- Companion joins again, save their current morphs (m1) as original
- Take rads, morph companion based on "original" (m1) morphs

Edited by LenAnderson
(1) add compile info (2) more thoughts on not restoring companion morphs
17 minutes ago, tzenrick said:

edit: Because my directory structure was wrong. Scripts belonged in Source\DLC04\DLC04

I experienced the same thing when I first started experimenting with recompiling Papyrus scripts. The wiki doesn't go into nearly enough detail about these things because 1. it's assumed by the CK authors that the compiler will be called by the CK rather than invoked directly by users (ugh), but also they assume you'll use the CK to do the base script unpacking (it prompts automatically the first time you fire up the UI) and so they don't bother documenting where things will actually get put/expected.

10 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Thought some more about what it would mean to not restore companion morphs on dismiss. Not only would there by no way to ever restore their original body, the morphed body that they had when dismissed would be treated as the new "original" body to base any new morphs on...

I've seen it said that some mods (and notably the BodyGen feature of LM itself) use specific tags on the morphs they apply in order to accomplish this. The up side is that a mod can supposedly recognize the morphs it applied later and so not confuse them with original body states or morphs applied by other mods, but the down side is that users can't really adjust these directly either because the slider manipulation interface in LooksMenu shows only untagged morphs.

31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I've seen it said that some mods (and notably the BodyGen feature of LM itself) use specific tags on the morphs they apply in order to accomplish this. The up side is that a mod can supposedly recognize the morphs it applied later and so not confuse them with original body states or morphs applied by other mods, but the down side is that users can't really adjust these directly either because the slider manipulation interface in LooksMenu shows only untagged morphs.

I'm going to have to look into that. Not having to keep track of the original morphs would be quite nice.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

they assume you'll use the CK to do the base script unpacking (it prompts automatically the first time you fire up the UI) and so they don't bother documenting where things will actually get put/expected.

Which leads me to ask, how come they didn't make the CK smart enough to unpack the DLC scripts?

13 minutes ago, tzenrick said:

Which leads me to ask, how come they didn't make the CK smart enough to unpack the DLC scripts?

One of the many mysteries of the cosmos. They packed CC and survival script sources into Base.zip, but for some reason the various DLC sources are each in their own separate zipballs and, no, the CK doesn't auto-unpack them at all. I agree it's bizarre. The FAQ does attempt to point out the need to unpack Base.zip (and even gets the location wrong!), but makes no mention whatsoever of the DLC sources.

Started using BodyGen with a keyword for morphing instead of saving the original morphs and that seems to work really well. That should open up the option to not restore companions on dismiss as I no longer have to keep track of their body.

I also looked into compiling outside of CK and into the other features of the VS Code extension for papyrus. Now I have build tasks that do all the papyrus compiling, FOMOD stuff, and even zipping a new release with the proper versioned filename directly in the editor. And one more thing I had never dared to even dream of: a proper papyrus debugger! Pretty awesome to be able to finally set breakpoints, step through code, see call stacks and local variables... Even if it's not perfect (e.g. FO4 crashes for me whenever I try to expand a struct or object variable in the variable viewer), this makes development so much easier.

4 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

I also looked into compiling outside of CK and into the other features of the VS Code extension for papyrus. Now I have build tasks that do all the papyrus compiling, FOMOD stuff, and even zipping a new release with the proper versioned filename directly in the editor. And one more thing I had never dared to even dream of: a proper papyrus debugger! Pretty awesome to be able to finally set breakpoints, step through code, see call stacks and local variables... Even if it's not perfect (e.g. FO4 crashes for me whenever I try to expand a struct or object variable in the variable viewer), this makes development so much easier.

Very cool! Almost like actual software development (but still with a generous helping of Bethesda-induced masochism). ?

7 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Started using BodyGen with a keyword for morphing instead of saving the original morphs and that seems to work really well. That should open up the option to not restore companions on dismiss as I no longer have to keep track of their body.

Ooooh, that sounds nifty! Also, any chance of putting that RMR helper on the GitHub? Or is it too much intertwined with your v2 rework?

4 hours ago, Dutchygamer said:

Ooooh, that sounds nifty! Also, any chance of putting that RMR helper on the GitHub? Or is it too much intertwined with your v2 rework?

Yeah, I'll set up a mirror for GitHub soon. The helper is of course targeting v2 which uses a couple of different ini keys and some enums have different values. It may be able to load a v1 ini file, but I'm not sure how well.

All the VS Code configs for building and debugging are already on the v2 branch of RMR (launch.json and tasks.json in the .vscode folder, and you need to remove the "Game" attribute in the PPJ).

9 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

@vaultbait... You've expressed a desire for weight change in FO4, well check this out!

It is not in it yet, but the mod creator has it on their to do list.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/60402?tab=description

Thanks! Sounds reminiscent of "Workout Through the Fallout" (which seems to have been removed from Nexus, likely during the mass Nexodus), though that only ever supported the dreaded triangle as the author had minimal interest in LooksMenu integration.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:24 AM, tzenrick said:

@LenAnderson  make it so dismissed companions/followers don't revert morphs if they're dismissed while in a morphed state.

Looks like this is going to happen!

I started working on morphing companions today. And now that I'm using a BodyGen keyword and no longer have to keep track of original morphs, the option to keep followers morphed on dismiss was fairly easy to implement.

Keeping the list of current companions up to date was a little troublesome. In v1 I just ran a function to find current companions each time rads would change, and then handle dismissed and added companions. I also had a listener on Actor.OnCompanionDismiss for all current companions, but that event never seems to fire.

Well, after some more digging through the official quests and scripts I found a quest called "Followers" with a script "FollowersScript". That script has a CustomEvent CompanionChange that fires whenever a companion is added or dismissed. A bit weird that it's a custom event since this is a Bethesda script, but whatever. This event seems to reliably fire whenever a companion is added or dismissed, so that's what I'm going to use going forward. Should also reduce the performance impact compared to constantly re-checking the current followers and comparing those with the saved list of companions. And the whole companions-no-longer-being-companions while in combat issue should also be avoided.

Not sure how well that will work with custom companions (should not be a problem I think, as long as they are implemented as regular companions), or with multi-companion mods (will probably not work). But we'll see.

19 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Looks like this is going to happen!

I started working on morphing companions today. And now that I'm using a BodyGen keyword and no longer have to keep track of original morphs, the option to keep followers morphed on dismiss was fairly easy to implement.

Keeping the list of current companions up to date was a little troublesome. In v1 I just ran a function to find current companions each time rads would change, and then handle dismissed and added companions. I also had a listener on Actor.OnCompanionDismiss for all current companions, but that event never seems to fire.

Well, after some more digging through the official quests and scripts I found a quest called "Followers" with a script "FollowersScript". That script has a CustomEvent CompanionChange that fires whenever a companion is added or dismissed. A bit weird that it's a custom event since this is a Bethesda script, but whatever. This event seems to reliably fire whenever a companion is added or dismissed, so that's what I'm going to use going forward. Should also reduce the performance impact compared to constantly re-checking the current followers and comparing those with the saved list of companions. And the whole companions-no-longer-being-companions while in combat issue should also be avoided.

Not sure how well that will work with custom companions (should not be a problem I think, as long as they are implemented as regular companions), or with multi-companion mods (will probably not work). But we'll see.

Can confirm that I also had issues with Actor.OnCompanionDismiss not seemingly triggering. Unsure if we use it incorrectly or it is just plain broken.

Does this also solve the issue that eventually companion morphs will break because it has filled up the OriginalCompanionMorphs array? From the sounds of it that array won't be neccesary anymore with this solution.

11 minutes ago, Dutchygamer said:

Can confirm that I also had issues with Actor.OnCompanionDismiss not seemingly triggering. Unsure if we use it incorrectly or it is just plain broken.

Does this also solve the issue that eventually companion morphs will break because it has filled up the OriginalCompanionMorphs array? From the sounds of it that array won't be neccesary anymore with this solution.

Yes, with keywords there's no need to keep track of original morphs because setting every slider to zero (with the keyword) already restores the original body. Also means that there's no conflict with other mods modifying sliders.

EDIT: RMR Helper is now being mirrored to GitHub.

https://github.com/LenAnderson/RMR-Helper

Edited by LenAnderson