9 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Morph healing is relying on the doctor scenes being played. The unmodded game plays the scene and sets a flag when rads are cured (DialogueGenericDoctors.DoctorJustCuredRads).

If you have a mod that changes how doctors work that could break detection of rads being cured. I think Horizon was discussed earlier in this thread as one example of a mod that breaks doctors. 

The vanilla game docs in Diamond City and Bunker Hill have definitely worked correctly for me. I'll have to test some of the mod-added docs as I'm not sure I've tried it with them yet. The one I noticed failing was the DLC doc in town in Far Harbor, and while I don't think I have any mods exclusively altering NPCs there (I'm not playing with Horizon anyway) it's possible some other event just caused the rad healing animation not to play that one time.

Thanks for clarification on how the reset is triggered, I'll do some more focused testing to see if I can reproduce this and maybe identify an offending mod conflict via FO4edit.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, vaultbait said:

The vanilla game docs in Diamond City and Bunker Hill have definitely worked correctly for me. I'll have to test some of the mod-added docs as I'm not sure I've tried it with them yet. The one I noticed failing was the DLC doc in town in Far Harbor, and while I don't think I have any mods exclusively altering NPCs there (I'm not playing with Horizon anyway) it's possible some other event just caused the rad healing animation not to play that one time.

Thanks for clarification on how the reset is triggered, I'll do some more focused testing to see if I can reproduce this and maybe identify an offending mod conflict via FO4edit.

Did a bit more testing, mod-added docs are working fine (like the one in The Hole from Diamond City Outskirts), just not Teddy Wright in the Far Harbor market clinic. The only mod I have touching there is the Unofficial Falllout 4 Patch, and that seems like an unlikely culprit. I notice he also doesn't show FPE's obstetrics menu when I'm pregnant either, so there's something decidedly odd about Teddy. His radiation cure animation certainly looks like the others though...

Is anyone else able to get him to reset your morphs?

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Did a bit more testing, mod-added docs are working fine (like the one in The Hole from Diamond City Outskirts), just not Teddy Wright in the Far Harbor market clinic. The only mod I have touching there is the Unofficial Falllout 4 Patch, and that seems like an unlikely culprit. I notice he also doesn't show FPE's obstetrics menu when I'm pregnant either, so there's something decidedly odd about Teddy. His radiation cure animation certainly looks like the others though...

Is anyone else able to get him to reset your morphs?

Do you have a log of having Teddy cure rads? Probably best to check that first before digging into Creation Kit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, LenAnderson said:

Do you have a log of having Teddy cure rads? Probably best to check that first before digging into Creation Kit.

Finally found time to test this, with Dr Sun I get this in my papyrus log:

[LenARM] Scene.OnBegin: [Scene < (0005FD41)>] (rads: 140.000000)

And the morphs are reset normally after. With Teddy, that line does not appear in the log at all, though rads are still cured. Shows him flicking the syringe and then the fade to black and then everything comes back and I get the notification that 40 caps were removed. These seem to be the only relevant log lines for the event with Teddy though:

[LenARM] new rads: 0.000000 (0.140000)
[LenARM] UpdateCompanions
[LenARM] GetCompanions
[LenARM]   allCompanions: []
[LenARM] RemoveDismissedCompanions: []
[LenARM] AddNewCompanions: []
[LenARM]   CurrentCompanions: []
[LenARM]   SliderSet 0
[LenARM]     morph 0: 0.140000 -> 0.000000
[LenARM]     setting baseMorph 0 to 1.175176
[LenARM]     setting currentMorph 0 to 0.000000

So it looks like the scene isn't being detected?

Yes, looks like Teddy uses a different scene.

Usually doctors use the scene

DoctorMedicineScene03_AllDone

to play the end of a treatment. With the script 

DialogueGenericDoctors

having flags about what has happened. 

The flag that we're interested in is

DialogueGenericDoctors.DoctorJustCuredRads

The mod gets notified when the scene ends and then checks that the flag is set in which case morphs are reset.

When this works you would first see "Scene.OnEnd ..." in the log and then "ResetMorphs" .

If Teddy uses a different scene we would have to find out which one that is in CreationKit and add its handle to the mod as well.

I've put the issue on my list. Might be able to go through CK and add a fix two weeks from now. Otherwise it'll have to wait until later this year... 

17 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Yes, looks like Teddy uses a different scene.

Usually doctors use the scene

DoctorMedicineScene03_AllDone

to play the end of a treatment. With the script 

DialogueGenericDoctors

having flags about what has happened. 

The flag that we're interested in is

DialogueGenericDoctors.DoctorJustCuredRads

The mod gets notified when the scene ends and then checks that the flag is set in which case morphs are reset.

When this works you would first see "Scene.OnEnd ..." in the log and then "ResetMorphs" .

If Teddy uses a different scene we would have to find out which one that is in CreationKit and add its handle to the mod as well.

I've put the issue on my list. Might be able to go through CK and add a fix two weeks from now. Otherwise it'll have to wait until later this year... 

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I'm not well-versed in the GECK but it's also not really bothering me. I just happened to notice the reset wasn't working with that particular actor so figured I'd double-check that I didn't have something deeper wrong with my setup.

• 1 month later...

So I found this recently and when doing testing I could see the slider updating in near real time with periodic on. However now it doesn't seem to be updating the slider periodically. The slider and stuff works because when I change a setting and the script resets the slider updates to a larger version. I though it may have to do with the update period being to short, but at 1, 10 and 60 seconds nothing seems to happen automatically. In my logs I see a bunch of "[LenARM] AddFakeRads" calls, but none of the updating slider bits that I see when the script restarts. I have included a recent log, and can test a specific instance if needed.

Let me just update that I did my testing on Actual Rads and wanted to use Random Rads since I am one level away from unlocking the perk that will cause my Rads to heal over time (and I'm already pretty Rad Resistant). When I switched back to Actual Rads and took some RadAway, my slider shrunk in real time.

Papyrus.0.log

17 hours ago, Yurrii_The_Shark said:

So I found this recently and when doing testing I could see the slider updating in near real time with periodic on. However now it doesn't seem to be updating the slider periodically. The slider and stuff works because when I change a setting and the script resets the slider updates to a larger version. I though it may have to do with the update period being to short, but at 1, 10 and 60 seconds nothing seems to happen automatically. In my logs I see a bunch of "[LenARM] AddFakeRads" calls, but none of the updating slider bits that I see when the script restarts. I have included a recent log, and can test a specific instance if needed.

Let me just update that I did my testing on Actual Rads and wanted to use Random Rads since I am one level away from unlocking the perk that will cause my Rads to heal over time (and I'm already pretty Rad Resistant). When I switched back to Actual Rads and took some RadAway, my slider shrunk in real time.

Papyrus.0.log 141.75 kB · 0 downloads

It doesn't look like you're taking any radiation damage in your log (red "+X RADS" shown above health bar). Fake rads are only added when you are taking rads.

The "AddFakeRads" line in the log is just from the check whether to add fake rads, if that check were positive you would then see a line "FakeRads: #.#" where "#.#" would be the amount of fake rads being added. Also you'd see a line with "OnRadiationDamage:" shortly before that from the game telling the mod that radiation damage is being taken.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:04 PM, vaultbait said:

I've been enjoying this mod a lot, and really wish someone would do a mash-up of this level of body slider control with consumption-based triggers like https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29277 or https://www.deviantart.com/coldsteelj/art/Fallout-4-WeightGain-mod-ssbbw-730902010 (neither of which work for Fusion Girl).

I'm right there with you Vault. I'm loving this mod (so big thanks to LenAnderson as well) and spent a while fine tuning the expansion to almost where I'm satisfied with it. Reduction on the other hand is janky at best. The Radaway option is too easy.  Even on Survival the game all but throughs them at you. The Doctor only option is better, until you actually go to him and the cure is too sudden. I'd love to see the negative slider pressure gradual. Perhaps a pooled value that ticks down over time. Using a Radaway could add its regular anti-rad value to that pool and doctors could provide some three times that. The rate this ticks back down could be set in the MCM but 1 by default. I like the idea that even if you have a slow negative pressure, you still can't go wading in radioactive lakes. This would mean positive growth would have to be separate from the characters active rad level, which I think is done through the additive option anyway.

Long term goal, I think the food option adding gain could be great as well. Again this acts as a counter to the odd way of just stuffing your gullet in the middle of a fight to heal. Wiped out to 10% health? Nothing a dozen molerat chunks, a 6 pack of water, and some patient strafing can't handle. A little hyperbole but you get the point. This mechanic could again be optional and configurable.

Opposing food, other than using the mechanics Vault suggested could be a simple as sprinting. Maybe Not overeating for so long to counter food pressure only, requiring another pool variable. I'm sure there's other possibilities.

Again, love the mod. I don't expect Len or anyone else to rush or even do any of this, but please consider the first idea. It will help the immersion tons.

45 minutes ago, timco99 said:

I'm right there with you Vault. I'm loving this mod (so big thanks to LenAnderson as well) and spent a while fine tuning the expansion to almost where I'm satisfied with it. Reduction on the other hand is janky at best. The Radaway option is too easy.  Even on Survival the game all but throughs them at you. The Doctor only option is better, until you actually go to him and the cure is too sudden. I'd love to see the negative slider pressure gradual. Perhaps a pooled value that ticks down over time. Using a Radaway could add its regular anti-rad value to that pool and doctors could provide some three times that. The rate this ticks back down could be set in the MCM but 1 by default. I like the idea that even if you have a slow negative pressure, you still can't go wading in radioactive lakes. This would mean positive growth would have to be separate from the characters active rad level, which I think is done through the additive option anyway.

Long term goal, I think the food option adding gain could be great as well. Again this acts as a counter to the odd way of just stuffing your gullet in the middle of a fight to heal. Wiped out to 10% health? Nothing a dozen molerat chunks, a 6 pack of water, and some patient strafing can't handle. A little hyperbole but you get the point. This mechanic could again be optional and configurable.

Opposing food, other than using the mechanics Vault suggested could be a simple as sprinting. Maybe Not overeating for so long to counter food pressure only, requiring another pool variable. I'm sure there's other possibilities.

Again, love the mod. I don't expect Len or anyone else to rush or even do any of this, but please consider the first idea. It will help the immersion tons.

I like the idea of gradually reducing the morphs over time. I've put it on my list of potential new features.

You could kinda get this effect already at least with RadAway if you greatly reduce the rate at which it decreases rads, e.g instead of the default 5 seconds for -300 rads you could increase the time to 5 minutes. On my last play one of the mods did that and it worked quite nicely. Might have been part of Insult To Injury. Of course ITI does a lot more that you may not be interested in, but I think RadAway effects may be changeable directly through FO4Edit.

I will try to get a log where I'm actively taking rads, because the effect wasn't working then (though with my luck it will be working when I go to try and get a log). I do like the idea of the morphs slowly going away if you are under the amount needed to keep it. That is the main reason I want to use the random rads for since with the perks I have Rads go away quicker then I would want the morphs to.

17 hours ago, timco99 said:

Add to my earlier list of weight gain mods this recent entrant (with most of the same downsides as the first one I mentioned): https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47616

i like to say that this is a purity cool mod but i found one bug with it,
it's how the config gets made lets say you add a slider, let says boobs, it adds the slider but not the fTargetMorph setting but if you adjust the Target Size increase the setting gets added to the config 

basically after you add the slider you need to tap the Target Size increase so it gets added to the settings config

the only reason i found this out was i got the game in window mode and was watching the config update to make sure it was working

3 hours ago, Rex89 said:

i like to say that this is a purity cool mod but i found one bug with it,
it's how the config gets made lets say you add a slider, let says boobs, it adds the slider but not the fTargetMorph setting but if you adjust the Target Size increase the setting gets added to the config 

basically after you add the slider you need to tap the Target Size increase so it gets added to the settings config

the only reason i found this out was i got the game in window mode and was watching the config update to make sure it was working

Thanks for reporting but that is not a bug. Only the fields that have been changed are added to the settings.ini file in .../Data/MCM/Settings/. If a field is unchanged its default value is used. This is just how MCM works.

19 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

Thanks for reporting but that is not a bug. Only the fields that have been changed are added to the settings.ini file in .../Data/MCM/Settings/. If a field is unchanged its default value is used. This is just how MCM works.

no problem just wanted to mention it just in case but any who i have a suggestion it's for quality of life (unless you already have this on your list) can you add a master switch for the Only doctors can reset morphs and Additive morphing so you don't have to go thought all 20 sliders individually turning them on/off or is that not possible.

6 hours ago, Rex89 said:

no problem just wanted to mention it just in case but any who i have a suggestion it's for quality of life (unless you already have this on your list) can you add a master switch for the Only doctors can reset morphs and Additive morphing so you don't have to go thought all 20 sliders individually turning them on/off or is that not possible.

I think I could come up with an override setting that takes precedence over all the individual settings. Or add a button that toggles either option on/off for all slider sets. I have added your idea to my list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 1:28 AM, vaultbait said:

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I'm not well-versed in the GECK but it's also not really bothering me. I just happened to notice the reset wasn't working with that particular actor so figured I'd double-check that I didn't have something deeper wrong with my setup.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, vaultbait said:

Oh, yep ran into that problem myself the other day... had my companions in power armor and got hit with a high dose of rads. They left the frames who knows where (possibly vanished) but were still wandering around with their bodies deformed to the power armor's bones/gait and still wearing the helmets. It was... surreal.

With the latest update v0.6.3 Teddy can now reset morphs. Since this required a reference to his healing scene I suppose that the mod now requires Far Habor.

This update also introduces a power armor check for both the player and companions. If the player is in PA no morphs are applied to player and companion, if only a companion is in PA no morphs are applied to just that companion.

11 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

With the latest update v0.6.3 Teddy can now reset morphs. Since this required a reference to his healing scene I suppose that the mod now requires Far Habor.

This update also introduces a power armor check for both the player and companions. If the player is in PA no morphs are applied to player and companion, if only a companion is in PA no morphs are applied to just that companion.

Thanks for the fixes!

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhat tangential... I'm trying to get a better understanding of how body morphs are applied in game.

When a mod like this one (or FPE, or BDH) applies a body morph it doesn't adjust the LooksMenu sliders from what I can tell. Is there a way to see a list of the adjustments being applied to the body at any particular time? The "resetting your morphs" FAQ talks about saving and editing a LM preset, but in my case (body based on FG "Zero Sliders") the BodyMorphs section of the preset I've saved is null even though there are clearly some applied

I'm not quite sure what I've done to get the body in my current save into such an odd state. After a reinstall I may have accidentally run for a bit with RMR's default slider set briefly without noticing and then replaced them with the slider I wanted, or it might have been BDH's "bimbo collar" gone awry, or FPE post-birth morphs (but more extreme than usual and its MCM reset option isn't undoing them if so...). Whatever happened, now the earlier body changes have become permanent increases even if I load an old LM preset, these morphed body parts seem to be treated as the zero point for the sliders. I'll probably start a new playthrough soon anyway so it's not a big deal, mainly just curious how I would go about trying to get all morphs back to nominal/zero again if I wanted.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:25 AM, vaultbait said:

Somewhat tangential... I'm trying to get a better understanding of how body morphs are applied in game.

When a mod like this one (or FPE, or BDH) applies a body morph it doesn't adjust the LooksMenu sliders from what I can tell. Is there a way to see a list of the adjustments being applied to the body at any particular time? The "resetting your morphs" FAQ talks about saving and editing a LM preset, but in my case (body based on FG "Zero Sliders") the BodyMorphs section of the preset I've saved is null even though there are clearly some applied

I'm not quite sure what I've done to get the body in my current save into such an odd state. After a reinstall I may have accidentally run for a bit with RMR's default slider set briefly without noticing and then replaced them with the slider I wanted, or it might have been BDH's "bimbo collar" gone awry, or FPE post-birth morphs (but more extreme than usual and its MCM reset option isn't undoing them if so...). Whatever happened, now the earlier body changes have become permanent increases even if I load an old LM preset, these morphed body parts seem to be treated as the zero point for the sliders. I'll probably start a new playthrough soon anyway so it's not a big deal, mainly just curious how I would go about trying to get all morphs back to nominal/zero again if I wanted.

All this mod does is change LooksMenu sliders. This is (at least for me) immediately visible in LooksMenu. If the sliders don't change in LooksMenu after morphs from this mod are applied I suspect that something is off in your game.

I think LooksMenu treats base morphs made in BodySlide as 0-values (I use Zero Sliders with BodyGen for variety). If your morphed body is treated in LooksMenu as Zero Sliders and this mod will also not restore it beyond that my best guess would be BodySlide.

Using this mod together with FPE is also likely going to cause problems unless you're very careful not to have any overlap in the sliders that are being changed. Both mods remember the slider values before they start doing stuff and use that to restore your original body. If one slider is modified by both mods you will get weird results during morphs and if one of the mods has already made changes before the other "saves" the original morphs than that changed value is going to be the second mod's baseline...

3 hours ago, LenAnderson said:

All this mod does is change LooksMenu sliders. This is (at least for me) immediately visible in LooksMenu. If the sliders don't change in LooksMenu after morphs from this mod are applied I suspect that something is off in your game.

I think LooksMenu treats base morphs made in BodySlide as 0-values (I use Zero Sliders with BodyGen for variety). If your morphed body is treated in LooksMenu as Zero Sliders and this mod will also not restore it beyond that my best guess would be BodySlide.

Using this mod together with FPE is also likely going to cause problems unless you're very careful not to have any overlap in the sliders that are being changed. Both mods remember the slider values before they start doing stuff and use that to restore your original body. If one slider is modified by both mods you will get weird results during morphs and if one of the mods has already made changes before the other "saves" the original morphs than that changed value is going to be the second mod's baseline...

Interesting to know that the morphs are showing up in the slider values in LooksMenu for you. For me any morphs applied by mods (RMR, FPE, BDH...) don't alter the slider values in LM at all but I can still adjust those sliders myself in-game and see the body/clothing morph as expected. It's been this way for me for years so I just assumed that was normal. I'm using FG (1.75 currently) and everything built with morphs against its Zero Sliders preset; also the built-in bodygen randomization from LM.

You're probably right, I expect the default large boobs slider got readded when I reinstalled RMR and collided with a morph of the same from either BDH's bimbo collar events or FPE's post-pregnancy body adjustments before I noticed and switched RMR back to the non-conflicting slider I normally use with it, by which time I had also deleted most of my earlier saves and didn't feel like going back. Just not sure where these alternate LM zero values are being stashed since they seem to be independent of any body preset I save/edit/load.

Oh well, about to start a fresh playthrough anyway, so it's not a big deal really.

EDIT: Scratch that, a bit more testing indicates RMR's adjustments do show in the LM slider values. I know FPE's don't and so I assumed incorrectly that's how all mods did it. Regardless, whatever the current deformations I'm seeing are, they aren't reflected in slider values, indicating RMR may not have been involved in adding them at all. Current suspicion is BDH uses a mechanism similar to FPE but glitched and didn't undo its morphs after some event. I'll bark up that tree next. Thanks again for your help! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Also if you're trying to add new features to this mod in the future I recommend taking a look at Classic Radiation Poisoning 2 since it overhauls the rad system, where it doesn't reduce max health and provides SPECIAL debuffs depending on how many rads you've accumulated.

Might be useful to reference if you want to add perks that add buffs/debuffs. Something like increased strength, endurance and maybe charisma, decreased agility and/or perception (to go with the idea of a radiation-induced "dummy thicc" perk :P )

On 11/28/2020 at 10:41 PM, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Is there a way to add support for custom followers in xedit? I'm playing with Outcasts and Remnants and Project Valkyrie, which each add a few new followers, but RMR doesn't seem to apply morphs to them.

Weirdly enough Amazing Follower Tweaks (which gives you the option to resurrect your spouse as a companion) works just fine with RMR, but the other mods don't

Do you know how the followers in Outcasts and Remnants and in Project Valkyrie are implemented?

RMR gets followers from Game.GetPlayerFollowers() and then checks that they are in the CurrentCompanionFaction.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Is there a way to add support for custom followers in xedit? I'm playing with Outcasts and Remnants and Project Valkyrie, which each add a few new followers, but RMR doesn't seem to apply morphs to them.

Weirdly enough Amazing Follower Tweaks (which gives you the option to resurrect your spouse as a companion) works just fine with RMR, but the other mods don't

One thing to double-check... those mods' followers use non-vanilla outfits by default. Strip them naked or make absolutely certain they're wearing something built with morphs for the body you're actually using. In my case I'm using the FG body but the outfits which come with those mods (mostly) only have sliders for CBBE, so the followers either get to wear their custom clothing/armor or they get to have morphs, but not both.