Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

Hey everyone,

I've always been a big fan of the Milkable Colonists mod by Ziehn on steam, but it hasn't been updated since July of 2019 and I'm not sure if it will be anytime soon. In the meanwhile, I decompiled, updated, and recompiled the Milkable Colonists mod to work for 1.1. No personal changes, and all credit for the mod goes to Ziehn.

I tested it out and it's worked well so far. Also posted in the Rimjobworld topic.

Milkable Colonists 1.1.rar

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46851.msg445002#msg445002 The original link.

Naturally pregnant colonists produce milk like appropriate tamed female animals [caribou, cows, dromedaries, elk, and muffalo], when 100% milk fullness is reached, another colonist will perform a 'milk creature' job to produce around 12 units of milk which is required as an 'animal product' for fine and lavish meals.

It also adds the Lact-X and Lact-MAX drugs [learned at the normal drug manufacturing research]; the former is mildly [2%?] addictive, and induces lactation as if pregnant for three days.  The latter induces permanent lactation, but causes immediate Lact-X addiction.

8 hours ago, KitsunemimiMaiden said:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46851.msg445002#msg445002 The original link.

Naturally pregnant colonists produce milk like appropriate tamed female animals [caribou, cows, dromedaries, elk, and muffalo], when 100% milk fullness is reached, another colonist will perform a 'milk creature' job to produce around 12 units of milk which is required as an 'animal product' for fine and lavish meals.

It also adds the Lact-X and Lact-MAX drugs [learned at the normal drug manufacturing research]; the former is mildly [2%?] addictive, and induces lactation as if pregnant for three days.  The latter induces permanent lactation, but causes immediate Lact-X addiction.

Kitsunemimi summed it up well. Also, the author tried to setup some universal compatibility with other race mods to allow for milking. In the patch files, he setup quite a few unique milkable items for various custom races. The page that Kitsunemimi linked has a list of them. However, odds are that most race mods are broken right now with the 1.1 update and all of the Harmony issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, this is odd. This is the third different RimWorld mod I've tried to download from LL that WinRar has told me is a broken or missing archive. It seems like plenty of people can download and get it working, is anyone else having problems like this?  And 7zip is now saying the same thing. I might not be surprised by one or two files, but three in a week?

On 4/17/2020 at 4:03 AM, Billy-Rex said:

Open 7Zip File Manager, navigate to the folder and open the archive in there. I have the same problem with rar files and this procedure works for me.

Actually that was how I tried to open it with 7zip.  Still no luck. I can't help but wonder if part of the issue with the steam versions is that they aren't considered local copies, I've noticed that mods that just would not work start working just fine after they go in the Rimworld\mods folder.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay. So I have ten female colonists. I had purchased 10 Lact-MAX from a trader, and had all of them inject it. Now all ten have the Lactating (permanent) hediff, but there's a problem. Only my CHJee Android and my Revia colonist actually seem to be producing, well, stuff (so far, only the android has been milked, producing chem-fuel as expected). My other colonists don't seem to be any different than before, except for Lact-X tolerence and some of them having milk dripping from their boobs. Oddly enough, the android and the revia do not have the dripping effect. My other colonists include: a naga, a ratkin, a moon elf (O21 forgotten realms), a forsaken, a callistan, a slime girl (from loverslab), a drow (drow race continued), and a tiefling (O21 again). I have not been able to verify any other race and if they produce milk or other substances yet, as I have not recruited any other races and I have no more Lact-MAX. 

It should also be noted that I have tried both the base Milk Patch xml and @13th Guest's version of the Milk Patch xml. What should I do? It feels bad that I am making my ladies go through withdrawal with 80% of them not having any positive effect to gain from it (speaking of which, what are the effects of Lact-X withdrawal and is it lethal?).

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:32 PM, Fumeknight79 said:

My other colonists don't seem to be any different than before, except for Lact-X tolerence and some of them having milk dripping from their boobs. Oddly enough, the android and the revia do not have the dripping effect.

Milk Dripping? I haven't had this happen ever even though they're at milk fullness 100%. What gives? Under what conditions does this happen?

Maybe because I used Character Editor to make my pawn start with permanently lactating already?

On 7/19/2020 at 2:32 AM, Skömer said:

Some bugfixes for Mali's Milkable Colonists (fixes done by RatherNot, source included)
fixes of:
- lactation check code massacre
- Hyper Lact-Max causing thoughts list to jitter
- Brain Chemical Damage impossible to heal using Healer Mech Serum or mod items.

mali_milkable_colonists_vN0.0.1.zip 404.53 kB · 33 downloads

Is this a complete replacement to Vasho's update or do we need to overwrite? The versioning confuses me.

2 minutes ago, HerChianti said:

Milk Dripping? I haven't had this happen ever even though they're at milk fullness 100%. What gives? Under what conditions does this happen?

I don't know the conditions for it. Not all of my colonists had it. It was just a little visual effect, looked like milk dribbling from their breasts. No individual hediff for it, since it's probably just the visual component of the lactating hediff.

1 hour ago, HerChianti said:

Is this a complete replacement to Vasho's update or do we need to overwrite? The versioning confuses me.

the files look like the full updated mod

I didn't make it, I'm just publishing this straight from our Discord

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the RatherNot from Discord, did N+0.0.1 version (discord eaten "+" symbol in the filename)

Probably we should sync our endeavors.

There is N+0.0.2 (where N is the original version, the number I don't know) I published on discord:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/579087972515840020/736300694985900062/mali_milkable_colonists_vNplus0.0.2.zip

- natural lactation is working again

- more code massacre removal (performance fix of lactation logic)

Also, I'm not posting on LL usually

Also I have some fixes for pregnancy checks - using native RJW check. Native check is working with all possible modded weirdness (which may or may not exist in the wild)

On 7/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, klz said:

I'm the RatherNot from Discord, did N+0.0.1 version (discord eaten "+" symbol in the filename)

Probably we should sync our endeavors.

There is N+0.0.2 (where N is the original version, the number I don't know) I published on discord:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/579087972515840020/736300694985900062/mali_milkable_colonists_vNplus0.0.2.zip

- natural lactation is working again

- more code massacre removal (performance fix of lactation logic)

Also, I'm not posting on LL usually

Also I have some fixes for pregnancy checks - using native RJW check. Native check is working with all possible modded weirdness (which may or may not exist in the wild)

Good evening

I decided to take advantage of the arrival of the summer holidays to get back to Rimworld a bit and finally test the Royalty extension.

So, I tried to update all my mods to version 1.1, including this one.

Unfortunately, the mod does not work.

I may have done it wrong, having simply unzipped the archive to the game's "Mod" folder.

Is there a particular additional manipulation to perform for this to work?

Thanks to your answer.

It should just work. Also, try to load it after RJW, I don't remember anything RJW related in strong dependencies, but just in case.

Which exactly exception you have?

Also, sources are located in ./1.1/Source

Another thing, which is not inserted into N+0.0.2 - you can use rjw.PregnancyHelper.GetPregnancy(pawn); It will return any rjw-compatible pregnancy hediff or null if none.