Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

6 hours ago, Idkwutdou said:

Yup, incompatible mod versions. You are using Milkable Colonists 1.4 which is for RJW 4.8, but you use RJW 4.7.something which you need for Sexperience (which is not updated for RJW 4.8). So either try to get all the old versions or remove Sexperience and update all mods.

Also, HAR should go above RJW.

PS: I just noticed Sexperience got an update for RJW 4.8, so maybe updating all mods works without removing sexperience (update it though!).

Edited by nugerumon
11 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Yup, incompatible mod versions. You are using Milkable Colonists 1.4 which is for RJW 4.8, but you use RJW 4.7.something which you need for Sexperience (which is not updated for RJW 4.8). So either try to get all the old versions or remove Sexperience and update all mods.

PS: I just noticed Sexperience got an update for RJW 4.8, so maybe updating all mods works without removing sexperience (update it though!).

Thanks for verifying that, I fixed the same issue by rolling forward everything to RJW 4.8 

On 9/13/2021 at 3:27 PM, nugerumon said:

Thanks man, you're a godsend! I'll do that right away! 

How do I modify the effects of a hediff 'lactating heavily (permanent)'? I put the drug on my hauler slave and it considerbly slowes her down. I tried to modify the XMLs by changing lactating.xml file and Heavy_Lactating_Permanent with <capacity>Moving</capacity> <offset>0.10</offset> but it did not work and still has the same Consciousness max 50% in the game even when xml file says otherwise.

Edited by Thegameing
  • 6 months later...

How does one add races to the race patch? Is it as simple as going to the race mod, going to the Defs folder and then opening up AlienRaceSettings/opening PawnKindDefs from the race mod folder and copy-pasting the names from the file(s) there into the milkpatch xml, by copy-pasting the pre-existing operation in that xml and then pasting the race name over "human" in the copies? Or do you also need to define them in the above section of "PatchOperationTest"? Not familiar with xml at all so unsure of how to do it, only thinking what seems like common sense to me here, needing to define what you want to reference and all that. Also unsure if, if it's the PawnKindDefs version, would setting the parent class make all subclasses work (eg. for Ferian, the race in PawnKinds_Player_Ferian xml is listed as "AFerian", but there are multiple individual entries in the PawnKinds_Ferian xml) or do the subclasses listed in the non-player versions of the PawnKindDefs files still have to be added. I'm assuming that it would work that way, similar to how "Human" is what's listed in the milkpatch xml, but a confirmation that I am thinking correctly would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

How do I get the mod to accept new races for this? I renamed the file with all the race compatibility but it didn't seem to do anything, I also tried to get Race Support to use a new race but I couldn't get that working either. Am I just missing a step?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, skydragon92 said:

Any plans for a 1.4 update, or did biotech make this mod redundant?

Biotech did not make this mod obsolete.

1.3 rjw version didn’t seem to generate any errors, however I couldn’t milk any pawns. The “handler” would just stand still next to the other pawn. 

other mods like Coffee’s and the non rjw version seem to be updated already. I think we just need some patience. Of course I can’t speak for the author.  

54 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbless said:

1.3 rjw version didn’t seem to generate any errors, however I couldn’t milk any pawns. The “handler” would just stand still next to the other pawn. 

other mods like Coffee’s and the non rjw version seem to be updated already. I think we just need some patience. Of course I can’t speak for the author.  

I actually have never heard of a milk mod by anyone named coffee, only this one and the one on steam made by Ziehn and then continued by Mlie. Kind enough to drop a link?

On 10/30/2022 at 3:19 PM, skydragon92 said:

I actually have never heard of a milk mod by anyone named coffee, only this one and the one on steam made by Ziehn and then continued by Mlie. Kind enough to drop a link?

Sure:) it’s an Ideology mod based on Milkable colonist. Female pawns that you start with already lactate and there is a role that can turn pawns into hucows, buffing their production. Not lactating with a certain breast size or not being a hucow is frowned upon, that kind of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, Cookiecrumbless said:

Yeah, I've got the same issue with milking not taking place, has 1.4 changed how jobs happen?

Got the actual error to pop, not sure if its a mod compatibility thing or what.

JobDriver threw exception in toil unnamed's initAction for pawn Camre driver=JobDriver_MilkHuman (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(MilkHuman (Job_39927) A=Thing_Human2191)
System.MissingMethodException: void RimWorld.PawnUtility.ForceWait(Verse.Pawn,int,Verse.Thing,bool)
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x001b0] in <1ea541f48818430abd724fc665f76dc4>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob (Verse.Pawn,string,System.Exception,Verse.AI.JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil ()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell ()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick ()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay ()
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

2 minutes ago, Azzamatazz said:

Я проверю это и узнаю.

Пока мод для кофе может использовать его как зависимость, я счастлив, лол.

Yes, except that I'm trying in vain to find a way to fix the milking error. I thought maybe I could take milking from the animal husbandry job list, that would be a normal temporary patch. 
While actually the only thing that doesn't work critically is milking, I would fix it myself, but I don't understand well what's going on in the mod.

22 minutes ago, Necro1298 said:

Breasts seem to be in a permanent state of "ready to stimulate for lactation."  No error log seems to be produced when I send the hucow handler to induce. Also can use the induce lactations ability multiple times on the same pawn.

I think that's part of one of the ideology mods and may be happening as I removed the "Lactating_Natural" and "Lactating_Drug" hediffs.  I'll see if I can track down that mod and make my new version play nice with it.  I'll probably have to re-add those removed hediffs for backwards compatibility but then just have those go ahead and add on the biotech hediff after.

I'll check it out later today once I have time to do so.

15 hours ago, onslort said:

I really wanted this mod and Biotech to behave nicer together, and so I had to learn how to c#.  I've learned a lot over the past weekend!

I started off just trying to make the rimworld lacation hediff work with Milkable Colonists and wound up changing all sorts of things. It ended up being pretty much a complete rewrite.

Some of my source is really ugly right now but I'm slowly cleaning it up as I figure out better ways to do things.

The main changes:

• Rimworld Biotech's hediff remains, but the charge is now set via MC's fullness value when it updates. (This is ugly but it works for now.)
  • Milk will recharge faster than in standard MC, this is set to closer match the speed on biotech's milk renew. (For baby feeding.)
  • As before, breast size matters. Larger breasts will give you more milk and help keep babies fed more easily. If your pawn only has small breasts you may use all your milk on one feeding for the kiddies. Larger breasts can feed multiple babies.
  • The milk you gain from milking is now in baby sized portions and nutrition values. I added recipes to the stove to combine 10 milk bottles into 1 bulk milk. The bulk milk will feed an adult better. Still not exactly the ideal meal, but if it's all you have you take what you can get. You can also split the larger bulk milks into the bottles as well to feed babies. No loss in ingredient amount, it just takes time.  (I know you could potentially setup a cooking loop to combine and uncombine to skill up. I don't care. Your pawns should have better things to do.)
  • When milking you will take 'whole' amounts and leave the leftover, rather than setting the fullness to 0. If a pawn at 100% fullness has 3.5 milk bottles in them (Low end of large breast size), you'll take 3 bottles and the pawn will be left with the remainder of half a bottle in this example.  (Which mathematically would be something like 14% fullness left over.)

The drugs have been changed:

• Regular Lact-x will start the pawn lactating (and get you high.) This will now last 10 days unless you breast feed a baby, which will restart the 10 day countdown. (Biotech values and rules.)
  • Lact-Max will get the pawn addicted to lact-x, give you the Lactating Permanent hediff, increase milk generation speed by 50% and increase yield by 50%. It should be a little over double in total if you can keep up with on time milkings. Also offsets hunger +40%.
  • Hyper Lact-Max does the similar, it adds the Heavy Lactating Permanent hediff, except with a 100% increase in generation and yield.  Should be quadruple the amount if you can keep up with the milkings.  Offsets hunger +80% (Shovel that food down). Removed the brain damage portion.

On the back end I removed CompHyperMilkableHuman, I'm just using CompMilkableHuman with the end values adjusted if you have either of the permanent hediffs.

I also did some fairly funky math in some places to get the results I wanted. Don't judge. I'm slowly making it better.

I didn't change the ID of the package so any dependencies should still work. If you use it alongside an existing copy of RJW-MC it will probably complain and/or break in some way.

It probably has bugs. I think I have it so it's working with multiple sets of breasts correctly from my limited testing. I added a debug to the options so I could see amounts being added/removed more easily. I left it in for the curious.

rjw-mc-biotech.zip 429.96 kB · 170 downloads

thank you so much for this

i would like to help by reporting a bug i faced after adding your mod to my save

when i have development mode enabled i can't open the debug menus.

21 hours ago, onslort said:

Я очень хотел, чтобы этот мод и Biotech лучше вели себя вместе, и поэтому мне пришлось научиться C#. Я многому научился за прошедшие выходные!

Я начал с того, что просто пытался заставить хедиф краевого мира работать с Milkable Colonists, и в итоге изменил множество вещей. В итоге получилось почти полное переписывание.

Некоторые из моих источников сейчас действительно уродливы, но я постепенно исправляю их, пока нахожу лучшие способы делать что-то.

Основные изменения:

• Хедиф Rimworld Biotech остается, но заряд теперь устанавливается через значение полноты MC при его обновлении. (Это уродливо, но пока работает.)
  • Молоко будет перезаряжаться быстрее, чем в стандартном MC, это настроено для более близкого соответствия скорости биотехнологического обновления молока. (Для кормления ребенка.)
  • Как и прежде, размер груди имеет значение. Большая грудь даст вам больше молока и поможет легче кормить ребенка. Если у вашей пешки только маленькая грудь, вы можете использовать все свое молоко на одно кормление для детишек. Большая грудь может кормить нескольких детей.
  • Молоко, которое вы получаете от дойки, теперь имеет детские порции и пищевую ценность. Я добавил рецепты на плиту, чтобы объединить 10 молочных бутылок в 1 объемное молоко. Объемное молоко лучше накормит взрослого человека. Все еще не совсем идеальная еда, но если это все, что у вас есть, вы берете то, что можете получить. Вы также можете разделить молоко большего объема на бутылочки, чтобы кормить детей. Никаких потерь в количестве ингредиентов, просто нужно время. (Я знаю, что вы потенциально можете настроить кулинарный цикл, чтобы комбинировать и раскомбинировать для повышения навыка. Мне все равно. У ваших пешек должно быть занятие поважнее.)
  • При доении вы будете брать «целые» количества и оставлять остатки, а не устанавливать полноту на 0. Если пешка при 100% наполненности имеет в себе 3,5 молочных бутылочки (нижний предел большого размера груди), вы возьмете 3 бутылочки. и в этом примере пешка останется с остатком половины бутылки. (Что математически соответствует примерно 14% оставшейся наполненности.)

Препараты изменены:

• Обычный Lact-x запустит лактацию пешки (и поднимет вам кайф). Теперь это продлится 10 дней, если вы не будете кормить ребенка грудью, что перезапустит обратный отсчет 10 дней. (Ценности и правила биотехнологии.)
  • Лакт-Макс пристрастит пешку к лакт-х, даст вам постоянную лактацию, повысит скорость производства молока на 50% и повысит надои на 50%. В сумме должно быть чуть более двойного количества, если вы можете не отставать от своевременных доек. Также компенсирует голод +40%.
  • Hyper Lact-Max делает то же самое, добавляя хедифф Heavy Lactating Permanent, за исключением того, что генерация и урожайность увеличиваются на 100%. Должно быть в четыре раза больше, если вы можете не отставать от дойки. Утоляет голод +80% (перелопачивайте эту еду). Удалена часть повреждения мозга.

На задней панели я удалил CompHyperMilkableHuman, я просто использую CompMilkableHuman с корректировкой конечных значений, если у вас есть какой-либо из постоянных хедиффов.

Я также проделал довольно забавную математику в некоторых местах, чтобы получить желаемые результаты. Не судите. Я медленно делаю это лучше.

Я не изменил идентификатор пакета, поэтому все зависимости должны работать. Если вы используете его вместе с существующей копией RJW-MC, он, вероятно, будет жаловаться и/или каким-то образом сломаться.

Вероятно, в нем есть ошибки. Я думаю, что он у меня есть, поэтому он правильно работает с несколькими наборами груди из моего ограниченного тестирования. Я добавил отладку к параметрам, чтобы мне было легче видеть добавляемые/удаляемые суммы. Я оставил это для любопытных.

rjw-mc-biotech.zip 429,96 КБ · 226 загрузок

This SHOULD be a separate page. By the way, I would like to make a couple of suggestions or I want to, and in general I consider your approach as correct as possible and I believe that you are authorized to conduct this as an independent fork. Like MC by Onslort