Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

Updated my post above with updates:

Ver 002 Updates:

Lots of cleanups and naming things more sensibly.

Lactating_Natural and Lactating_Drug hediffs have been re-added for backward compatibility.

The biotech hediff will be added if you have any of the MC hediffs and it will match it's severity (Days until it expires)

Taking basic Lact-x will now give you the Lactating_Drug Hediff and three days worth of timer. This will be copied to the Biotech hediff timer.

Lactating_Drug gives +10% production and +10% yield.  Permanent and Heavy Permanent remain at +50% and +100% production and yield.

Lactating_Natural and Lactating_Drug will be removed if you become malnourished to match the Biotech hediff.  The permanent hediffs will remain but you will not gain milk or the biotech Lactating hediff during that time.

Stronger hediffs will remove the lesser hediffs.  Heavy Permanent -> Permanent -> Drug -> Natural.  Moved the logic to do this into the tick rather than in the always on "Active" checking part of the function. Probably slightly better for performance.

------------------

To do:

Compatibility testing.  I need to dig up the ideology mod for the hucows and see what it does.

Pregnancy testing. This is probably old.

Probably other things. Suggestions welcome.  (Might not be able to do them depending on what they are. Still new.)
Moving some of the values currently in XML into the options menu for easier live tweaking.

2 hours ago, Akaluto said:

This SHOULD be a separate page. By the way, I would like to make a couple of suggestions or I want to, and in general I consider your approach as correct as possible and I believe that you are authorized to conduct this as an independent fork. Like MC by Onslort

One day when I can be bothered I'll investigate what is needed to make this a valid fork.  For now I just want to make stuff.

8 hours ago, IDAZIZ said:

thank you so much for this

i would like to help by reporting a bug i faced after adding your mod to my save

when i have development mode enabled i can't open the debug menus.

I don't think I was seeing this on my side but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

36 minutes ago, onslort said:

В один прекрасный день, когда я смогу побеспокоиться, я изучу, что нужно, чтобы сделать эту вилку действительной. А пока я просто хочу что-то делать.

Could you add localization files, in return I will give your mod a Russian translation)

31 minutes ago, onslort said:

i would like to help by reporting a bug i faced after adding your mod to my save

when i have development mode enabled i can't open the debug menus.

I don't think I was seeing this on my side but I'll take a look when I get a chance.

I am seeing this when I have C0ffee's RJW Ideology Addons installed. Also shows up as coffeeRIA in the mod list.

I'm not sure why this happens. I'll investigate but I can't promise anything. It is possible that my changes to make it play nicer with biotech might have broken compatibility there.

30 minutes ago, Akaluto said:

Could you add localization files, in return I will give your mod a Russian translation)

I'm not certain how that works. In the current files I can see existing files in:
rjw-mc-biotech\1.4\Languages\Russian

I'll dig in to see if I need to do something more to get that working. Most of this is still new to me.

I've been looking into coffeeRIA, the ideology mod and I'm not sure if it's working correctly with 1.4.

I recompiled Milkable Colonists for 1.4 from the original files here:

https://gitgud.io/Ed86/rjw-mc

This fixes the bug where pressing / to open the debug menu breaks that occurs with my new fork. (I'm not sure why. I say that a lot.)

However I don't know if the induce lactation ability is working anyway. The pawn that has the induce hediff will get trapped by another pawn that will perform a quick job over and over for a very long time, day after day. I had a much older version of coffeeRIA that worked for RJW4.8 before biotech came out, before RJW was updated many times, and so I have no idea how the more recent versions of it are supposed to work. I don't think it is like this.

I'll attach the re-compiled for 1.4 version of Ed86's fork of Milkable Colonists for people to test with. I don't actually know if it is working correctly anyway. Anyone with spare time feel free to test and let me know if this is doing what it used to do in 1.3.

Edit: After reading Coffee's RIA thread, it seems he's also waiting on Ed86 to update MC to 1.4.  Maybe this recompiled version will work? I have a feeling if it was easy it might have been done already though.

rjw-mc-master.zip

Edited by onslort
Fixed names. Coffee -> RIA, Ed86 -> Milkable Colonists.
25 minutes ago, onslort said:

Я изучал coffeeRIA, мод идеологии, и я не уверен, правильно ли он работает с 1.4.

Я перекомпилировал Milkable Colonists для версии 1.4 из исходных файлов здесь:

https://gitgud.io/Ed86/rjw-mc

Это исправляет ошибку, из-за которой нажатие / для открытия меню отладки прерывается, что происходит с моей новой вилкой. (Не знаю почему. Я часто так говорю.)

Однако я не знаю, работает ли способность индуцировать лактацию. Пешка, у которой есть индуктивный хедиф, попадет в ловушку другой пешки, которая будет выполнять быструю работу снова и снова в течение очень долгого времени, день за днем. У меня была гораздо более старая версия coffeeRIA, которая работала для RJW4.8 до того, как вышла биотехнология, до того, как RJW много раз обновлялся, и поэтому я понятия не имею, как должны работать более поздние версии. Я не думаю, что это так.

Я прикреплю перекомпилированную для версии 1.4 версию форка Milkable Colonists от Ed86, чтобы люди могли протестировать ее. Я на самом деле не знаю, правильно ли он работает в любом случае. Любой, у кого есть свободное время, не стесняйтесь протестировать и дайте мне знать, делает ли это то, что раньше делало в 1.3.

Редактировать: после прочтения ветки RIA Кофе, похоже, он также ждет, когда Ed86 обновит MC до 1.4. Может быть, эта перекомпилированная версия будет работать? У меня есть ощущение, что если бы это было легко, это, возможно, уже было бы сделано.

rjw-mc-master.zip 588,45 КБ · 1 загрузка

To be honest, I would prefer your version. I like it more than what it was. I understand correctly, this file is literally an unmodified version, without your improvements, and as it was before?

1 hour ago, onslort said:

Я вижу это, когда у меня установлены дополнения C0ffee RJW Ideology Addons. Также отображается как coffeeRIA в списке модов.

Я не уверен, почему это происходит. Я проверю, но ничего не обещаю. Возможно, мои изменения, направленные на то, чтобы он лучше работал с биотехнологиями, могли нарушить совместимость.

I think addresses that refer to ideological perks were broken. Scroll through the publication of coffee, somewhere there was something similar with a sub mod.

It seems to be here

1 hour ago, onslort said:

Я не уверен, как это работает. В текущих файлах я вижу существующие файлы в:
rjw-mc-biotech\1.4\Languages\Russian

Я покопаюсь, чтобы увидеть, нужно ли мне сделать что-то еще, чтобы заставить это работать. Большая часть этого до сих пор для меня в новинку.

image.png.22ca693bb917ad921384cb58203b7e23.png

image.png.ce379435fe1b773b22ae299da7452976.png

This is what is missing
These lines just don't exist.
I think I would translate it into Russian as follows
Combine human milk = Объединить человеческое молоко (But it's literal. I honestly disagree with the original title.)
Might make sense.
Pour breast milk into a bottle. and. Pour into baby milk food
I think the bucket looks stupid.
I can recolor a bottle of go juice or neutroamine (or beer, or inverted drilling rig, many options) for you. Or perhaps even draw a tetrapack (But this is less logical).
As far as I understand, your baby food made from milk is just recolor. Don't think I didn't mean it was bad. Lact-x is generally go-juice :D

35 minutes ago, Akaluto said:

To be honest, I would prefer your version. I like it more than what it was. I understand correctly, this file is literally an unmodified version, without your improvements, and as it was before?

Yes. I downloaded the 1.3 source and re-compiled it using the updated 1.4 references. It has no other changes.

12 minutes ago, Akaluto said:

image.png.22ca693bb917ad921384cb58203b7e23.png

image.png.ce379435fe1b773b22ae299da7452976.png

This is what is missing
These lines just don't exist.
I think I would translate it into Russian as follows
Combine human milk = Объединить человеческое молоко (But it's literal. I honestly disagree with the original title.)
Might make sense.
Pour breast milk into a bottle. and. Pour into baby milk food
I think the bucket looks stupid.
I can recolor a bottle of go juice or neutroamine (or beer, or inverted drilling rig, many options) for you. Or perhaps even draw a tetrapack (But this is less logical).
As far as I understand, your baby food made from milk is just recolor. Don't think I didn't mean it was bad. Lact-x is generally go-juice :D

I'm just waiting for time to advance to test some pregnancy things in game with my updated version of MC.  While I wait I'll look into where I need to add the lines to make the translations work.

The bucket was the original art used when milking. It was convenient. I'll look for something to recolor that looks more sensible when I get some time like I did with the baby food.

17 minutes ago, onslort said:

Я просто жду времени, чтобы проверить некоторые вещи на беременность в игре с моей обновленной версией MC. Пока я жду, я посмотрю, где мне нужно добавить строки, чтобы переводы работали.

Ведро было оригинальным искусством, используемым при доении. Это было удобно. Когда у меня будет время, я поищу что-нибудь, чтобы перекрасить что-нибудь более разумное, как я сделала с детским питанием.

If you tell me the file format and the requirement for its size, then I will throw you in it
Edited: I threw an option there below, if you like, take it)

Edited by Akaluto
I found the answer to my question

64 x 64 in a .png file will work.  If you want to do the same setup that rimworld uses you can name 3 files. 128x128 will also work.
bottle_a
bottle_b

bottle_c
For the 1, 3, many stacks.

I also have these ready to go into a recipes translation file.  I used google translate which I know is probably not good.  Please let me know if you have better.

<Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>смешать грудное молоко</Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>Объедините меньшие молочные бутылки.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>Объединение меньших молочных бутылок.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>смешать гуманоидное молоко</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>Объедините меньшие молочные бутылки.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>Объединение меньших молочных бутылок.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>сплит грудное молоко</Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>Разложите по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>Разложите по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>сплит гуманоидное молоко</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>Разложите по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>Разложите по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>

Edited by onslort
7 minutes ago, onslort said:

64 x 64 в файле .png будет работать. Если вы хотите сделать ту же настройку, что и в rimworld, вы можете назвать 3 файла. 128х128 тоже пойдет.
бутылка_а
бутылка_б

Bottle_c
Для 1, 3, многих стеков.

У меня также есть готовые файлы для перевода рецептов. Я использовал переводчик Google, который, как я знаю, вероятно, не очень хорош. Пожалуйста, дайте мне знать, если у вас есть лучше.

<Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>смешать грудное молоко</Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>Объедините меньшие молочные напитки.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>Объединение меньших молочных бутылок.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>смешать гуманоидное молоко</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>Объедините меньшие молочные напитки.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>объединение меньших молочных бутылок.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>сплит грудное молоко</Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>Разместить по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>Разместить по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>сплит гуманоидное молоко</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>Размещаем по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>Размещаем по бутылкам поменьше.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>

label
description
jobString
And what is the context? Which inscription will be where, I need to adequately arrange cases and declensions....

<Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>Перелить грудное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>Перелить грудное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>Переливает грудное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>Перелить гуманоидное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>Перелить гуманоидное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>Переливает гуманоидное молоко в бутылку.</Make_HumanoidMilkBulk.jobString>

<Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>Перелить грудное молоко в маленькие баночки.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>Перелить грудное молоко в маленькие баночки.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>Переливает грудное молоко в маленькие баночки.</Make_HumanMilkSmall.jobString>

<Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>Перелить гуманоидное молоко в маленькие баночки. </Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.label>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>Перелить гуманоидное молоко в маленькие баночки.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.description>
  <Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>Переливает гуманоидное молоко в маленькие баночки.</Make_HumanoidMilkSmall.jobString>

------

Ps.  By the way, did you like the bottles

Edited by Akaluto

Ver 003 Updates:

Pregnancy. Not too long into the third trimester pawns will start lactating naturally. (At severity .8 right now, which is 80% of 18 days. Maybe day 15?)

Added new larger milk bottle art supplied by Akaluto

(Untested by me) Added Russian translations for the new recipes, also supplied by Akaluto

More convenient link to previous page

Edited by onslort

Ver 004 Updates:

Moved the production and yield values into the hediffs. This will allow you to see what each is doing in game more easily. And allow you to edit the values if you desire.
image.png.098bf54c126fb6cd6fd97c802050ce99.png

Milk leakage. If your pawn is overflowing they can drip milk onto the ground. The fuller they are, the more often they will leak. This can be toggled off in the options menu. Milk splashed onto the ground can help put out fires.

Fix: If a pawn breastfeeds and resets their lactating countdown to 10 days, it will no longer extend the basic 3 day Lactating_Drug hediff.  If the drug hediff wears off the pawn will start lactating naturally at that point.

Convenient link to download post

Edited by onslort

I'm excited to see this mod being reworked, and your changes have been good ones so far. I like the addition of leakage, and I agree with your comment about adding minor pain/discomfort if breasts are overfull and threaten to leak. I also think there should be a small negative mood created when the pawn creates the filth (for them personally "making a mess", in addition to the normal "dirty environment" that everyone might get for being in a room with filth). Maybe modified by traits or ideology, it's generally not pleasant to leak.

Keep up the good work!

There were some comments in the source about adding leakage and pain/discomfort but they were there before I got to it. So credit where it is due.

A hediff for discomfort might not be amiss though as you mentioned, and it could be nullified by the 'Masochist' trait, the 'Messy' RJW quirk, or whatever else makes sense.

Steam sales are also on so that's going to put a dent in my coding time...

Will you be adding compatibility to or maybe consider working with CoffeeRIA and his RJW Ideology mod? Just curios i already left a message in his post letting him know there was a working Milkable Colonists mod here so hoping you two can maybe bring milkies to life again. Thanks for redoing this mod, really hope it plays well with Pawn Morpher when it finally updates. Love your work so far.

Edited by Lordrhodes