Milkable Colonists updated for 1.1

• 2 weeks later...

Milkable colonists Update by Gremilcar

- added 5 races: Zhthyhl, Gor, Ungor, Bulgor, LLiscean

- changed that instead of milk most alien races produce "Humanoid milk"

- made all races be affected by Hyper-Lact-X not just humans

the xml works if the mod is placed right after RJW

+ 1.2 Update by TORY187

Humans now produce Humanoid Milk as well.

Humanoid Milk is used as an ingredient for making cheese in:
     +Vanilla Cooking Expanded (Adds Humanoid Cheese [uses same stats and visuals as Weird Cheese])
     +VGP Garden Gourmet
     +RimCuisine 2 Meals and Munchies Expansion (Continued)

Warning: Human Milk will disappear in your game using this now. If using previous cheese patch, Human Cheese will also disappear!

mali_milkable_colonists.zip

Next version

Has anyone had this not work for them and fixed it? I'm not getting any errors but I'm not getting any functionality either... I don't even know where to start debugging... I've moved the mod around my load order... but nothing changes. 

I'm able to apply the drug and see the headdiffs but the function of the mod ends there. Lactic-MAX does not apply addiction either....

can someone point me in the right direction to start debugging this?

EDIT: I'm still on RimWorld 1.1 for now... so if the latest file works best on 1.2 I wouldn't know (waiting for more of my "must haves" to catch up before updating).

2 hours ago, garth033 said:

Has anyone had this not work for them and fixed it? I'm not getting any errors but I'm not getting any functionality either... I don't even know where to start debugging... I've moved the mod around my load order... but nothing changes. 

I'm able to apply the drug and see the headdiffs but the function of the mod ends there. Lactic-MAX does not apply addiction either....

can someone point me in the right direction to start debugging this?

EDIT: I'm still on RimWorld 1.1 for now... so if the latest file works best on 1.2 I wouldn't know (waiting for more of my "must haves" to catch up before updating).

I believe you want it loaded after RJW now. There is some compatibility and functionally between the two mods so this might be important. RJW could need to be updated too. Everything should be working fine though for 1.1.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, Skömer said:

Milkable colonists Update by Gremilcar

- added 5 races: Zhthyhl, Gor, Ungor, Bulgor, LLiscean

- changed that instead of milk most alien races produce "Humanoid milk"

- made all races be affected by Hyper-Lact-X not just humans

the xml works if the mod is placed right after RJW

+ 1.2 Update by TORY187

Humans now produce Humanoid Milk as well.

Humanoid Milk is used as an ingredient for making cheese in:
     +Vanilla Cooking Expanded (Adds Humanoid Cheese [uses same stats and visuals as Weird Cheese])
     +VGP Garden Gourmet
     +RimCuisine 2 Meals and Munchies Expansion (Continued)

Warning: Human Milk will disappear in your game using this now. If using previous cheese patch, Human Cheese will also disappear!

Removing Human Milk seems to create an error due to a race mod or two that added their own patches that reference it still. I added the item back in but no one will produce it. Should stop errors from these mods.

Added Kurin to produce Humanoid Milk now.

Added a manifest file to ID it as the humanoid milk version.

MMC Humanoid Milk.zip

5 hours ago, Tory187 said:

I believe you want it loaded after RJW now. There is some compatibility and functionally between the two mods so this might be important. RJW could need to be updated too. Everything should be working fine though for 1.1.

Ya, that's why I was playing around with load order... but even placing it right after RJW I still don't get any functionality.... I also updated everything I could... but I'm still dead in the water... how do I check if anything is properly applied to the pawn? I can see in debug that they have a severity but still nothing happens...

2 hours ago, garth033 said:

Ya, that's why I was playing around with load order... but even placing it right after RJW I still don't get any functionality.... I also updated everything I could... but I'm still dead in the water... how do I check if anything is properly applied to the pawn? I can see in debug that they have a severity but still nothing happens...

What exact version of Rimworld are you running? If its anything less than 1.1.2654 it may not work.

8 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Which races are you trying specifically? They could just not be patched in yet. Most of the races I see in your mod list should be working.

Also, 150 mods is rookie numbers kid.

like I said, may be argued.

and no race other than vanilla humans will work. even races that I know used to work and have a known and listed patch.....

• 2 weeks later...

I got really annoyed by the "CompTick" that kept flooding my debug log, since it would eventually hit the debug log cap and I wouldn't be able to see any more messages. I've removed that and adjusted the milk generation logic (the code was... not pretty) and some of the text to be consistent with the rest of Rimworld.

If nobody else decides to pick up maintenance of this mod, feel free to post any suggestions and I might try to add them in.

mali milkable colonists 1.3.1.zip