Jump to content

[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide ~ 29/September/2026).


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

You need to remove the "pre-built" clothing which is causing this issue.  Please check my post here in the tech support forum, that should explain what to do. 

 

Perfect, it worked. Thank you very much. And I learned something else about using Bodyslide.

Posted
7 hours ago, Streamlne said:

I am looking for the zazout4 v.0.0.3.2 Beta.  Anyone have a copy of it?

 

Is there some reason you are looking for that version specifically?  It has bugs with the animations.  There was just a new version 0.0.3.3 uploaded this week which fixes them.

Posted
15 hours ago, Streamlne said:

I am looking for the zazout4 v.0.0.3.2 Beta.  Anyone have a copy of it?

 

8 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

 

Is there some reason you are looking for that version specifically?  It has bugs with the animations.  There was just a new version 0.0.3.3 uploaded this week which fixes them.

Only reason I can discern is it is for a unsupported mod compatibility issue.  Generally, old or unsupported mods aren't something covered with AAF and guides in general.  You never know what kind issue might arise.

Posted
32 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Only reason I can discern is it is for a unsupported mod compatibility issue.  Generally, old or unsupported mods aren't something covered with AAF and guides in general.  You never know what kind issue might arise.

 

Well, it seems to come up constantly because of modpacks/collections which specify particular versions of mods, and their users aren't clueful enough to just update the version constraints themselves so wind up asking for old versions to satisfy that manifest instead. Regardless, not something I expect the authors of most mods to even try to support.

Posted

Are there BodyTalk Sliders (for Male characters) under the Advanced Section of the looksmenu, similar to CBBE for female characters?

 

To elaborate, when I use the Advanced Tab on LooksMenu for female characters, I get a lot of options. I do not get those for BodyTalk, but had several options when I used Dongs of Fallout. There are no advanced sliders for men. BodyTalk otherwise appears to work fine. Trying to diagnose if there is an issue here and where it would be

Posted
1 hour ago, LrNZo said:

Are there BodyTalk Sliders (for Male characters) under the Advanced Section of the looksmenu, similar to CBBE for female characters?

 

To elaborate, when I use the Advanced Tab on LooksMenu for female characters, I get a lot of options. I do not get those for BodyTalk, but had several options when I used Dongs of Fallout. There are no advanced sliders for men. BodyTalk otherwise appears to work fine. Trying to diagnose if there is an issue here and where it would be

 

The mod author made a design choice to split bodygen and looksmenu sliders for FusionGirl and Bodytalk into a separate mod.  You'll need this:

 

Posted
10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

Well, it seems to come up constantly because of modpacks/collections which specify particular versions of mods, and their users aren't clueful enough to just update the version constraints themselves so wind up asking for old versions to satisfy that manifest instead. Regardless, not something I expect the authors of most mods to even try to support.

I forgot about the mod pack collections.  I usually do my homework and build my own mod list from scratch, with an occasional look over someone else list or a mod pack for suggestions and or new mods / ideas.

Posted
On 6/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, DbleMinded said:

Are there any player run brothel mods out there that actually work? I can't even find AAF prostitution anymore and it never worked well anyway. And the one brothel mod listed in the OP says it's broken as well. So I'm looking for a functioning player run brothel/prostitution mod. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I see Human Resources has a brothel aspect to it but I'm wary of the workshop mod it has as a hard requirement.

 

There's a patch to RSE II - Brothels, but I haven't tried it yet.

 

Patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/58969?tab=description

 

 

 

Posted

My apology if I should ask somewhere else. In the current iteration of AAF and the various animation packs and such, is there a way to not have the scenes/animations remove you equipment? To my knowledge there is a working mod that stops vanilla equipment from being removed/stripped, BUT I would like to know if there is any up to date version where modded equipment and clothing won't be removed/stripped. Thanks for any replies.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

My apology if I should ask somewhere else. In the current iteration of AAF and the various animation packs and such, is there a way to not have the scenes/animations remove you equipment? To my knowledge there is a working mod that stops vanilla equipment from being removed/stripped, BUT I would like to know if there is any up to date version where modded equipment and clothing won't be removed/stripped. Thanks for any replies.

 

The question is more nuanced than it might seem.

 

First, if you've just got some specific items you don't want removed you can use something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager to flag them with a protected keyword in-game and AAF (and some other mods which check the same keywords) won't strip them. That's the most user-friendly approach, but if you're not afraid of a text editor and browsing plugin contents with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, then you can create a custom protected equipment set data file like this:

 

Spoiler
<meta title="Custom_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form=deadaf" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form=a1b2c3" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
</condition>

 

 

If you don't want most mod items stripped by AAF then you choose a less thorough undressing option in AAF's FOMOD installer menu, or you can roll up your sleeves and alter its AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file to specify which biped slots should have items unequipped from them.

 

All of the above is for handling what does or doesn't get stripped by AAF. Quite a few mods implement their own stripping routines before handing off to AAF scenes, which as I'm sure you can imagine leads to confusing and inconsistent behaviors. Some are nice and use query Rogg's No-Strip or check AAF's protected equipment keywords, some give you the option of turning off their striping feature or provide you with ways to configure what slots are/aren't stripped by them, some just shoot from the hip and do what the mod author thought was a good idea at the time.

 

To more accurately answer your question, we'll need specifics: what mod is initiating the scene, and what item(s) is it stripping that you wanted left worn?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

 

The question is more nuanced than it might seem.

 

First, if you've just got some specific items you don't want removed you can use something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager to flag them with a protected keyword in-game and AAF (and some other mods which check the same keywords) won't strip them. That's the most user-friendly approach, but if you're not afraid of a text editor and browsing plugin contents with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, then you can create a custom protected equipment set data file like this:

 

  Reveal hidden contents
<meta title="Custom_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form=deadaf" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form=a1b2c3" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
</condition>

 

 

If you don't want most mod items stripped by AAF then you choose a less thorough undressing option in AAF's FOMOD installer menu, or you can roll up your sleeves and alter its AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file to specify which biped slots should have items unequipped from them.

 

All of the above is for handling what does or doesn't get stripped by AAF. Quite a few mods implement their own stripping routines before handing off to AAF scenes, which as I'm sure you can imagine leads to confusing and inconsistent behaviors. Some are nice and use query Rogg's No-Strip or check AAF's protected equipment keywords, some give you the option of turning off their striping feature or provide you with ways to configure what slots are/aren't stripped by them, some just shoot from the hip and do what the mod author thought was a good idea at the time.

 

To more accurately answer your question, we'll need specifics: what mod is initiating the scene, and what item(s) is it stripping that you wanted left worn?

Thank you for the reply already!  

Now, the item I wish not to be removed is the X-92 power suit mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9278 from this link)
I also did find Roggvir's no-strip items manager, but sadly for some reason despite using it, this my equipment was removed none the less. As I'm rather new to fallout and it's modding, there is a possibility that I have missed something. And as I type this, the thought came to me. Would this item manager need two different files to work? The original at the start of the thread with a big "download this file" button And the patch that was linked at the very end of the thread? *Edit:* Turns out those are the same file, or so it would seem, I was confused. My mistake

Furthermore the usage of backdash did not work for me during scenes despite all else working. (Might be an issue of keyboards. My keyboard has a different layout as I need some more keys over let's say US keyboards.)

I must admit that I do not know what is AAF's FOMOD installer menu. (Unless this is the menu where you select some options which finish up the installation, Including different animation back, the initial option of what is done to equipment etc etc. In that case I do know it.) If it is the menu I suspect, I chose the game/mod to not strip any equipment. 

I would be willing to modify xml file(s) if need be, as I do enjoy this object quite much.

Once again, I would like to already thank you for your help and time!

Edited by Zerozerooneone
Clarification
Posted
11 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

Thank you for the reply already!  

Now, the item I wish not to be removed is the X-92 power suit mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9278 from this link)
I also did find Roggvir's no-strip items manager, but sadly for some reason despite using it, this my equipment was removed none the less. As I'm rather new to fallout and it's modding, there is a possibility that I have missed something. And as I type this, the thought came to me. Would this item manager need two different files to work? The original at the start of the thread with a big "download this file" button And the patch that was linked at the very end of the thread? *Edit:* Turns out those are the same file, or so it would seem, I was confused. My mistake

 

So, to leverage the No-Strip function you'll need to use the config item it adds to your inventory. You select the gender you want to configure and then once you exit the Pip-Boy you'll see a container. Move the item you don't want to be stripped from your inventory side to the container side (you'll still have the item in your inventory when you exit, don't worry). Once you exit from the container inventory management view back to the gender selection menu, scroll down to the end to find the exit option. This should stop AAF from stripping that clothing, but it won't necessarily stop other mods from stripping it before they call AAF.

 

11 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

Furthermore the usage of backdash did not work for me during scenes despite all else working. (Might be an issue of keyboards. My keyboard has a different layout as I need some more keys over let's say US keyboards.)

 

AAF's keybindings can be configured in the AAF_settings.ini file if you need to adjust them for the scancodes emitted by your keyboard.

 

11 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

I must admit that I do not know what is AAF's FOMOD installer menu. (Unless this is the menu where you select some options which finish up the installation, Including different animation back, the initial option of what is done to equipment etc etc. In that case I do know it.) If it is the menu I suspect, I chose the game/mod to not strip any equipment.

 

AAF is distributed as a FOMOD archive. When you install it with a FOMOD-capable mod manager like MO2 or Vortex, it will show a menu during installation with some installation options. One of the choices (I think it's on the last page) is for how to handle undressing. Again, though, this selects how AAF's stripping works, but not mods which might strip characters before they call AAF.

 

11 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

I would be willing to modify xml file(s) if need be, as I do enjoy this object quite much.

Once again, I would like to already thank you for your help and time!

 

What you haven't said is which mod is calling AAF to start a scene (unless you're simply initiating scenes from AAF's on-screen menu to test it).

Posted
9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

So, to leverage the No-Strip function you'll need to use the config item it adds to your inventory. You select the gender you want to configure and then once you exit the Pip-Boy you'll see a container. Move the item you don't want to be stripped from your inventory side to the container side (you'll still have the item in your inventory when you exit, don't worry). Once you exit from the container inventory management view back to the gender selection menu, scroll down to the end to find the exit option. This should stop AAF from stripping that clothing, but it won't necessarily stop other mods from stripping it before they call AAF.

 

 

AAF's keybindings can be configured in the AAF_settings.ini file if you need to adjust them for the scancodes emitted by your keyboard.

 

 

AAF is distributed as a FOMOD archive. When you install it with a FOMOD-capable mod manager like MO2 or Vortex, it will show a menu during installation with some installation options. One of the choices (I think it's on the last page) is for how to handle undressing. Again, though, this selects how AAF's stripping works, but not mods which might strip characters before they call AAF.

 

 

What you haven't said is which mod is calling AAF to start a scene (unless you're simply initiating scenes from AAF's on-screen menu to test it).

Huh... So I was testing one last time yesterday, and I was invisible during scenes. This was something new that I was going to mention, but figured 6am was late enough that it could wait for tomorrow. Well, the morning came and I figured I'd check to see that it still happened. It did not, so I was happy. Next I did as you instructed to get the no-strip function to work. And it did. I was surprised and tried 3 different scenes. I'm very happy about this, and I'll copy your instructions onto a text file so I can always go through this properly when/if need be. I have no idea what I did wrong the last time since I followed instructions on the mod page itself. But in the words of one man "All of this just works"

Now I suppose I should ask since I seem to have encountered an expert of AAF. Is there a way to increase player character volume without reinstalling the whole AAF? Or would you happen to know off of a good voice mod? As it stands the voice of the character is pretty much on the level of a very quiet whisper.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your help and hard work!

Posted
15 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

Huh... So I was testing one last time yesterday, and I was invisible during scenes.

 

Character being invisible during scenes is something that can be caused by several different things

- using 8k textures

- using unique player + alternate start + skipping the pre-war

- using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

- wearing a non converted armor item during a scene and using CBBE 3bbb

 

These are just some examples of what can cause the character to be invisible during a scene.  For more in depth troubleshooting of this problem, feel free to join the AAF Discord server.  The invite link is on the front page.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

 

Character being invisible during scenes is something that can be caused by several different things

- using 8k textures

- using unique player + alternate start + skipping the pre-war

- using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

- wearing a non converted armor item during a scene and using CBBE 3bbb

 

These are just some examples of what can cause the character to be invisible during a scene.  For more in depth troubleshooting of this problem, feel free to join the AAF Discord server.  The invite link is on the front page.

Indeed, I figured as much. But as long as it does not happen again, I'm happy.  Out of those things you listed, only hair is a possibility. 
I will likely join the discord sooner or later, but for now. If everything works, I see no reason to ruin the scenery in there.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

 

Oh! I've been seeing this start randomly happening very recently too, and I think it might be the hairstyle randomization in the recent rewrite of Random Overlay Framework, since @Invictusbladehas been struggling to figure out how to get that mod to not also affect the AAF player doppleganger. I'll try disabling its hairstyle support and see if that problem disappears.

Posted
On 10/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, vaultbait said:

Oh! I've been seeing this start randomly happening very recently too, and I think it might be the hairstyle randomization in the recent rewrite of Random Overlay Framework, since @Invictusbladehas been struggling to figure out how to get that mod to not also affect the AAF player doppleganger. I'll try disabling its hairstyle support and see if that problem disappears.

 

Not conclusive, but since I disabled hairstyle randomization in ROF's MCM, I haven't seen the AAF doppleganger turn invisible any longer. What's odd is that it only ever seemed to happen when animations took place outdoors (Commonwealth worldspace), wasn't occurring for animations in indoor cells, but maybe there's a performance-related race condition involved too.

Posted (edited)

Hello guy i have this error in AAF (yellow)the game and AAF run normaly but no possibility to select actor and scene and i not really see what is the problem .Normaly the animation work fine but when i instal UAP no possibility to select scene/actor(red) same if i disable the one patch to rule them all

 

loadorder.txtimage.png.04a98858dc3bc86c990db94bfcf47cf3.png

Edited by NukaKhorne
Posted
2 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:
  • BakaScrapHeap [Incompatible with Buffout's memory manager option.]

 

Can someone explain to me what the Buffout memory manager does? 

 

"expands specific types of game memory"

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115

 

This is the main reason it's recommended when using AAF (and especially UAP). In particular, the base game has limited memory for the Shockwave Flash subsystems used to render on-screen interfaces like the HUD, including AAF's on-screen integration, which can lead to a CTD (crash to desktop) when the allotted memory pool for it is overloaded.

Posted
7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

 

"expands specific types of game memory"

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115

 

This is the main reason it's recommended when using AAF (and especially UAP). In particular, the base game has limited memory for the Shockwave Flash subsystems used to render on-screen interfaces like the HUD, including AAF's on-screen integration, which can lead to a CTD (crash to desktop) when the allotted memory pool for it is overloaded.

As an aside, I use both Buffout and Baka Scrap Heap.  If one goes to the comments section of Baka, (screenshot) there is a post of 4 or 5 changes to the buffout toml file to make them play nicely.  Scroll down to Jereblalock's comment and read that thread.  The Manual quote linked above by vaultbait makes this suggestion:  - If you have Baka ScrapHeap mod installed, set the MemoryManager line to false.
(Then go to Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins, open BakaScrapHeap.toml and set ScrapHeapMult to 4)

 

Long story longer, the guide is right.  They don't work together.  Unless one makes some known, specific changes to the Buffout.toml.  Then it works fine.  I run over 300 mods typically, and I rarely get ctd.image.png.1f5a7b238e7280e73b140e4b80f317dd.png

Posted

Nur ein kleiner Dank von mir das ihr diese Hilfen erstellt habt.

Ohne dieser Anleitung hätte ich nach der Umstellung auf "cbbe  3bbb" das ganze nicht mehr "ans laufen" bekommen

❤️

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

 

"expands specific types of game memory"

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115

 

This is the main reason it's recommended when using AAF (and especially UAP). In particular, the base game has limited memory for the Shockwave Flash subsystems used to render on-screen interfaces like the HUD, including AAF's on-screen integration, which can lead to a CTD (crash to desktop) when the allotted memory pool for it is overloaded.

 

I was reading multiple post, thread and etc regarding B4 & BakaScrap... and I am in mix bag that if I really need both together... Some people say Buffout & BakaScrap can be use perfectly fine together as long as a changes was done on the toml files while some other say you should't use it together with AAF...

 

  

5 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

As an aside, I use both Buffout and Baka Scrap Heap.  If one goes to the comments section of Baka, (screenshot) there is a post of 4 or 5 changes to the buffout toml file to make them play nicely.  Scroll down to Jereblalock's comment and read that thread.  The Manual quote linked above by vaultbait makes this suggestion:  - If you have Baka ScrapHeap mod installed, set the MemoryManager line to false.
(Then go to Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins, open BakaScrapHeap.toml and set ScrapHeapMult to 4)

 

Long story longer, the guide is right.  They don't work together.  Unless one makes some known, specific changes to the Buffout.toml.  Then it works fine.  I run over 300 mods typically, and I rarely get ctd.

 

Did you use both mod with all those mod listed in this guide and it work perfectly fine?

 

Trying to double check and confirm it... else I might just disable BakaScrapHeap for profile using those mod.

 

Sorry if I sounds uncertain.. but I been getting soo many different answer at reddit, steam, nexus and etc that I just need to double check it.

Edited by DrSeptimus
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

I was reading multiple post, thread and etc regarding B4 & BakaScrap... and I am in mix bag that if I really need both together... Some people say Buffout & BakaScrap can be use perfectly fine together as long as a changes was done on the toml files while some other say you should't use it together with AAF...

 

Yes, the "jury's still out" on combining them. This specific manual conservatively says to avoid the combination, but you're free to dare defying its recommendation. Do so at your own risk, and don't expect the authors of this manual to assist you in solving any resulting Fallout. ?

Edited by vaultbait

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...