[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

On 6/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, Chromarex said:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3937-aaf-fo4-animations-by-leito-122118/image.png.5b597c95d74787cf18eae90d1c2431e7.png

???

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99273-aaf-patches-for-crazy-leito-mods-v32-leito-pack-v2-bodytalk-support/

image.png.fd557173aa714ecf28a88b6cd4015f7e.png

???

Do you even listen to yourself? Your modding community is literally retarded and contradictory, which is why I am asking for clarifications. Pointlessly highlighting text as if that answers the question doesnt help. Look, i can do it too.

Leito is saying to load the patch before. The patch is saying to load it after. DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING?

You started bitching about the terms used on 2 statements. NOW you are pulling shit from everywhere else.  The info is there. It works. I have used it, others have used it as well without problems. Pulling shit from elsewhere after you were called out for your comment about the #3 and #4 being factual and correct doesn't do you service, and meaningless to the thread. This is a support thread for the guide that was created by Saya.  Nobody here gives a flying fuck what someone else post elsewhere. If you want to deal with their comment.. GO TO THEIR THREAD AND HAVE THAT DISCUSSION.

Because of your bitching and other crap... see how much support you have gotten so far. People that posted after you are getting support. 

Follow the guide? Right? nope. The guide states expressly for support to go to the Discord Server.  Or didn't you understand the clear, HUGE text that states to go there? What that confusing?

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you

The info is there. If you had a problem with the guide wording... well... it is clear to go there. 

GOOD LUCK on getting this sorted. Perhaps, if / when you decide to stop bitching and trying to tell someone how to write their guide and actually ask true clarification questions you might get somewhere.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, palethanatos said:

The GFV didn't find anything wrong though.... and I followed the install instructions

Untitled.png

Forgive me if I missed it.. I don't see AAF installed in MO2. Did you manually install it or using another mod manager? If so that can be the reason it doesn't work. It is a scripted installer and it doesn't like being messed with outside of the installer process and using multiple mod managers cause a fight for the files. Harder to resolve the conflicts.

Also see you don't have a f4se entry in MO2 I as well as many others use that by installing the "Scripts" folder into MO2. There are guides on the web to do this. After wards you can see the conflicts with F4SE and address them much easier.

If you did manual install there are processes to quickly clean up the game folder then you can install the mods properly into MO and get your game on. 

More support can be given on the Discord channel.

Oh, some added info. I have the load order from the last time I installed things. Please don't follow it exclusively. It is old and was used to test some things so I don't know the state of what is there if it is functional .. more of a general concept. YOu should have more mods installed if you are following the guide.

Spoiler

MO.png

Edited by RitualClarity
More info
1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

If you had a problem with the guide wording... (...)

There isn't. The guide clearly states which patches should be discarded, and I see that that user still tried to install one of the patches explicitly listed as incompatible.

SKIP/SCRAP THESE MODS/PATCHES (Incompatibilities)

Patches

• Polistiro's AAF patches for Crazy and Leito Animations

Edited by JBpy
11 hours ago, JBpy said:

There isn't. The guide clearly states which patches should be discarded, and I see that that user still tried to install one of the patches explicitly listed as incompatible.

that is one of the reasons I keep on directing them to the Discord channel for support. People claim they did the installation correctly, that there are problems with the guide etc. etc. and it is usually due misunderstanding or inexperience.  That level of support requires many, many, many post just to correct all the mistakes and screw ups that they did trying to install  the framework, not even talking about getting the right stuff installed correctly. It is just faster and more efficient for posting on the Discord channel due to this. Also there are more support personal there watching that and responding that they ever would be on this thread. The main reason people insist on posting and trying to get support on this thread is because they have a pirated copy of the game. Support will figure that out pretty quickly through various methods and they will not get support. The other reason is they are trying to use pedo mods. Support has been trained to detect those users again, through various techniques. So for those providing support here it is 1. difficult to set them up completely. Likely to be on the hook for hours trying to fix there "installed correctly mods following the guide" issues and or various pirated issues that AAF and the mods prevent working most of the time.  The only support I can see done here is for those mods that aren't part of Saya's guide. From those authors and even then that support should be done on their mod's thread not here.

I know the guide can sometimes be confusing for some. I made a few mistakes myself setting it up after years of not having an adult setup of AAF. Simple mistakes but it did cause me to not have a functional or properly functional setup. Took me an hour to sort it out and If I recall correctly  a post or two on the Discord to make sure things were up to par.

If there are issues with the guide. Grammar, phrasing and such. This is something to bring up on the Discord. Saya is very fast to fix any issue that is legitimate. Of course provided it is presented in a reasonably respectable manner.

Edited by RitualClarity
15 hours ago, JBpy said:

Use "AAF Sex Em Up".

The above is an excellent option but there is also a more chunky way of doing it is to use AAF itself to call the animation. There is a guide posted in the discord channel on the SFW channel (Pinned) that will help  you walk through how to call an animation. experiment and learn which animation you are calling is the one you want and you can call it at any time without any mods. As I said it is a bit chunky but this process isn't intended for actual play.

(Sorry for typo issues. On a machine with a bad keyboard to quickly write this up. I am mostly just popping in and watching some threads currently as the reason for the issue.  I have to stretch my arms out to full length to reach this keyboard as well to make these post. lol Not ideal! )

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (14/June/2021)

Good afternoon, my apologies if it was answered already but i see in the patches section UAP is the recommended patch to use?. I have been doing some research and Indarello patch seems more active and updated. Is there any difference or different purpose?.

Thanks and good day!

13 hours ago, Atreides__ said:

Good afternoon, my apologies if it was answered already but i see in the patches section UAP is the recommended patch to use?. I have been doing some research and Indarello patch seems more active and updated. Is there any difference or different purpose?.

Thanks and good day!

You can actually play with AAF without a patch. Most of the newer animations are geared toward AAF ,not the patches. The patches offer extra bells and whistles to the AAF sex action. UAP has been offered as gay centric, and offers a representation of available animations using manual staged posing. (ex. if an animation has 5 steps in it, you would have to use the PgUp or PgDn keys to advance or backtrack the next stage). Indarello's patch offers cum squirts, cum stains, sounds, and auto staged representation of available animations. That means if an animation gets chosen, it will advance itself in a timed manner. (more immersive in my humble opinion) You could try both and see what meets your wants. Neither is mandatory and you need know there are 2 camps of "believers" for these patches. I have used Indarello patch regardless of the one camps' opinion of him and it works fine with AAF. Also, you can run AAF without Buffout but I believe UAP needs it, but double check its' requirements. 

Hey there.

Apologies in advance because I did research this and it seems like it is an issue that has been looked at before but I couldn't really find a solution no matter where I looked. So if it's there and I missed it please forgive me.

Anyway:

I followed the guide to the best of my ability but no matter what I do I still get an error for bad formatted XML files that cannot be parsed.

Since it's time consuming for you and I don't want to needlessly waste anyone's time before I exhaust the (quite shallow) depths of my ability to crack this , I want if possible for someone to explain to me this:

What file/s, or what mod/s can cause this to happen, what I mean is: If I'm getting this error, it's either the XMLs that actually are poorly formatted, or the "whatever" is reading them is expecting them to be formatted differently.

Since this is an issue with ALL XMLs, as I have tried replacing them with versions from my older AAF installation that worked flawlessly, and it just parses them succesfully until it get's to one of the new ones, no matter which on it is, it crashes, I'm assuming it;s more likely the second option

So what can I look at before giving up and have to be taken by the hand?

(I'm trying to make this work without completely starting from scratch as there are A LOT of handcrafted nifs and things I don't want to lose, and since I'm really bad at this I loath to have to do it all over again. But If I must I will, until I reach that point however I'm trying to make sense of this so I can at least not work blind)

I find it extremely strange that AAF cannot parse it's own included XMLs, how can this be???

1 hour ago, Trailbandit said:

Hey there.

Apologies in advance because I did research this and it seems like it is an issue that has been looked at before but I couldn't really find a solution no matter where I looked. So if it's there and I missed it please forgive me.

Anyway:

I followed the guide to the best of my ability but no matter what I do I still get an error for bad formatted XML files that cannot be parsed.

Since it's time consuming for you and I don't want to needlessly waste anyone's time before I exhaust the (quite shallow) depths of my ability to crack this , I want if possible for someone to explain to me this:

What file/s, or what mod/s can cause this to happen, what I mean is: If I'm getting this error, it's either the XMLs that actually are poorly formatted, or the "whatever" is reading them is expecting them to be formatted differently.

Since this is an issue with ALL XMLs, as I have tried replacing them with versions from my older AAF installation that worked flawlessly, and it just parses them succesfully until it get's to one of the new ones, no matter which on it is, it crashes, I'm assuming it;s more likely the second option

So what can I look at before giving up and have to be taken by the hand?

(I'm trying to make this work without completely starting from scratch as there are A LOT of handcrafted nifs and things I don't want to lose, and since I'm really bad at this I loath to have to do it all over again. But If I must I will, until I reach that point however I'm trying to make sense of this so I can at least not work blind)

I find it extremely strange that AAF cannot parse it's own included XMLs, how can this be???

Not to rehash old discussions, but AAF does correctly parse its own included XML files. You either have some leftover XML files from a prior installation of something, or you're installing some animation patch mod which is mismatched with the intended version of the animation packs it's trying to patch, resulting in inconsistencies in the set of XML files AAF is trying to make sense of.

Also, as the very beginning of the guide boldly states, you're far better off asking for help on the AAF Discord rather than here.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Not to rehash old discussions, but AAF does correctly parse its own included XML files. You either have some leftover XML files from a prior installation of something, or you're installing some animation patch mod which is mismatched with the intended version of the animation packs it's trying to patch, resulting in inconsistencies in the set of XML files AAF is trying to make sense of.

Also, as the very beginning of the guide boldly states, you're far better off asking for help on the AAF Discord rather than here.

Thanks for taking the time. I'm trying to access the discord server but my client just will not load messages, I don't know why ?

I have completely removed all xlms from previous installations, reinstalled AAF and compared old and new XMLs to make sure they are the new ones. I still get the error. I have also cleared all my srcipts, no difference.

Also, I get this error even for the "
AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml" which as far as I can tell, no mod listed in the guide or any other I'm using (not that it matters because I didn't install any of them on top of the guide) seems to attempt to replace it.

The XML is triple checked to be the latest one included in the AAF 161.1b , and I still get errors.

I did completely delete the old AAF folder before beginning the guide so It's highly unlikely I have older versions left over. So if there is an old XML in there I don't know how that can be possible ?

Is it possible for an animation patch to cause parsing problems in an XML that it does not directly change? I can understand an incompatibility to cause AAF to not parse an incompatible XML, but can it cause it to not parse it's own included XMLs?

Is there a completely different location I might have any leftovers? like my documents or some other place that can affect AAF?

I'm trying to get a feel of how this works so I can find the problem.

On 6/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, palethanatos said:

??? I already installed AAF(and the requirements)+Themes+Bodies+Animations(and the settlement mods the anims use)+the patches and then SEU to test things. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean

Once again  SEU is not  for testing  it clearly  states  on SEU instalation  Do No Install  Seu until  you have  full working  animation  SEU is to be installed  only afterwards  you have working  animation s .

21 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

Is it possible for an animation patch to cause parsing problems in an XML that it does not directly change? I can understand an incompatibility to cause AAF to not parse an incompatible XML, but can it cause it to not parse it's own included XMLs?

Yes, there are relationships where elements within XML files refer to elements in each other's contents. What generally winds up happening is that a patch mod alters a reference in one XML file to something which existed in some version of an XML file provided by an animation pack but has since changed or been renamed, and now it's instructing AAF to load something you don't have. There is no real "stable API" provided by animation packs, so names of things change out from under the patch mods with some frequency. Make sure to test without any patch mods, ideally with just AAF and one animation pack (for example a pose pack) and make sure it starts with no errors, before adding more content. Then add more animation packs and patches gradually, testing between them, in order to spot incompatibilities.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, there are relationships where elements within XML files refer to elements in each other's contents. What generally winds up happening is that a patch mod alters a reference in one XML file to something which existed in some version of an XML file provided by an animation pack but has since changed or been renamed, and now it's instructing AAF to load something you don't have. There is no real "stable API" provided by animation packs, so names of things change out from under the patch mods with some frequency. Make sure to test without any patch mods, ideally with just AAF and one animation pack (for example a pose pack) and make sure it starts with no errors, before adding more content. Then add more animation packs and patches gradually, testing between them, in order to spot incompatibilities.

Thank you! That was very helpful. This was exactly what I needed, insight on the relationships between the files.

I gave up on trying to do this "top down" (in a way) and I'm now working the other way around.

I started with a fresh clean 1.10.163 install, followed the guide again as best I could. It worked.

Then I tried slowly carrying over my older files, especially custom meshes and esp, until things broke and then backtracked.

It's been a PITA but I'm starting to get most things to work without breaking AAF.

I have a long way to go and will probably have to accept some of my older mods will just not work. But I try to prioritize.

Untill now I think I got about 85% of the animation related stuff working. I even got shinos pose animations to work without braking anything (I used the latest nexus download with the older XMLs I had. Happily they didn't brake anything :) )

I'm hoping that mods that are (virtually) completely unrelated (outfits, workshops, weapons) will not further brake stuff. Fingers crossed.

I really, really appreciate you trying to help. I really do. I apologize I bother you guys here, but I can't seem to access the discord server. Either I'm doing something stupid (I don't regularly use discord, I have gaps in how things work) or the server is too busy? (can that be the case?)

Right now I do have one more question if I may: when using vortex, where are load priorities stored? (as in both for esp load order and mod relationships). I want to make failsafe milestone backups as I go, and I want to know what locations I should back up to make them full proof. A of yet I just backup the entire fallout4 installation folder and the my games\ fallout4 folder. Is there anything else I should be backing up?

13 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

Right now I do have one more question if I may: when using vortex, where are load priorities stored? (as in both for esp load order and mod relationships). I want to make failsafe milestone backups as I go, and I want to know what locations I should back up to make them full proof. A of yet I just backup the entire fallout4 installation folder and the my games\ fallout4 folder. Is there anything else I should be backing up?

By default Vortex will save its state in your homedir, under the AppData\Roaming\Vortex directory. Be aware however that some subpaths like downloads\fallout4 (where the downloaded mod archives are stored) and fallout4\mods (where the installed mods are kept unpacked for staging) can be very large and/or contain lots of files. I personally just back it all up, but if you're short on space and not worried about having to redownload it all you could probably omit those.

29 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

By default Vortex will save its state in your homedir, under the AppData\Roaming\Vortex directory. Be aware however that some subpaths like downloads\fallout4 (where the downloaded mod archives are stored) and fallout4\mods (where the installed mods are kept unpacked for staging) can be very large and/or contain lots of files. I personally just back it all up, but if you're short on space and not worried about having to redownload it all you could probably omit those.

Ok Great. I think I'm set for now. fingers crossed it goes well from here on out.

I am having minor issues with specific animation misalignment and things like that but I'll seek help on the creators' threads obviously.

Still no luck with the discord server btw. I don't know what's up with that. Either I'm very unlucky or missing something profound.

Anyway
Thanks again!! ❤️

On 6/14/2021 at 10:05 PM, maddadicusrex said:

You can actually play with AAF without a patch. Most of the newer animations are geared toward AAF ,not the patches. The patches offer extra bells and whistles to the AAF sex action. UAP has been offered as gay centric, and offers a representation of available animations using manual staged posing. (ex. if an animation has 5 steps in it, you would have to use the PgUp or PgDn keys to advance or backtrack the next stage). Indarello's patch offers cum squirts, cum stains, sounds, and auto staged representation of available animations. That means if an animation gets chosen, it will advance itself in a timed manner. (more immersive in my humble opinion) You could try both and see what meets your wants. Neither is mandatory and you need know there are 2 camps of "believers" for these patches. I have used Indarello patch regardless of the one camps' opinion of him and it works fine with AAF. Also, you can run AAF without Buffout but I believe UAP needs it, but double check its' requirements. 

Pretty far through a playthrough, using only the UAP and Staged Leito patches (along with the AAF requirements/animations, of course).  Animations all work well, although there is an occasional erection failure.  However, I have not seen any ejaculations, even though I recall that when I used a previous version of the Indarello patch, those did occur.

Is there anything I should troubleshoot on the UAF/Leito patches concerning ejaculations.  Also, do you see any issue with using Indarello patch in addition to the UAP and Staged Leito patches?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

43 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Pretty far through a playthrough, using only the UAP and Staged Leito patches (along with the AAF requirements/animations, of course).  Animations all work well, although there is an occasional erection failure.  However, I have not seen any ejaculations, even though I recall that when I used a previous version of the Indarello patch, those did occur.

Is there anything I should troubleshoot on the UAF/Leito patches concerning ejaculations.  Also, do you see any issue with using Indarello patch in addition to the UAP and Staged Leito patches?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You cannot use 2 patches together. Both of these totally handle animations differently. I do not use UAF and you need to check its page to see what extra functions it offers. I am guessing here that because you need to manual advance the stages, there will not be many bells and whistles. Indies' patch has the squirts and cum stains. Leito had some of his animations auto staged with squirts built in but only if they were not aggressive tagged. 

19 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

You cannot use 2 patches together. Both of these totally handle animations differently. I do not use UAF and you need to check its page to see what extra functions it offers. I am guessing here that because you need to manual advance the stages, there will not be many bells and whistles. Indies' patch has the squirts and cum stains. Leito had some of his animations auto staged with squirts built in but only if they were not aggressive tagged. 

Thanks!

On 6/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, maddadicusrex said:

UAP and SLP were compatible at one time, but some months back there were changes (I think around introduction of interactive position trees in UAP) which rendered them mutually incompatible in their latest versions. There was some hope the conflict between those mods might be rectified, but Ulf's departure from the scene has rendered that outcome unlikely, so yes I would tread lightly when trying to combine them unless you really, really, really know what you're doing and how to troubleshoot the ensuing issues on your own. At a bare minimum you'd need to configure UAP to not touch any of the animation packs SLP covers (or vice versa), but it's not for the faint of heart.

Edited by vaultbait