[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

38 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Check if you have aaf theme installed, also probably you have custom races mods?

yes I reinstalled AAF and themes but now I cant get the "new scene" to do anything (it opened before). I have SEU installed for testing and I can't get solo scenes to work either. And yes I have animations installed. I don't have any custom races unless fusion girl unique player counts?

8 hours ago, palethanatos said:

yes I reinstalled AAF and themes but now I cant get the "new scene" to do anything (it opened before). I have SEU installed for testing and I can't get solo scenes to work either. And yes I have animations installed. I don't have any custom races unless fusion girl unique player counts?

SEU  is the last you install after getting Animation working Bodyslids outfits and body for player bare the first you install them Aaf and requirements then requirements for the Animation packs then animations then once the animations work then SEU  myladykiller bed is a requirement for other stuff can't think off top of my head  bp70 animations and other stuf for bp70 you need to know what's for what animations to install  if using them animations. 

Edited by Zizzpa
16 minutes ago, Zizzpa said:

SEU  is the last you install after getting Animation working Bodyslids outfits and body for player bare the first you install them Aaf and requirements then requirements for the Animation packs then animations then once the animations work then SEU  myladykiller bed is a requirement for other stuff can't think off top of my head  bp70 animations and other stuf for bp70 you need to know what's for what animations to install  if using them animations. 

??? I already installed AAF(and the requirements)+Themes+Bodies+Animations(and the settlement mods the anims use)+the patches and then SEU to test things. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean

Edited by palethanatos
36 minutes ago, palethanatos said:

they're no help (no offense to them) hence why I tried asking here

You're describing problems with the most fundamental parts of the sex mod ecosystem for FO4. If even they're unable to help you understand how to get it working, you're likely better off spending your time on something else.

At a minimum they would have told you to check your installation with AAF_GFV.exe, and then turn on debug mode for AAF and review the admin log for it. You've mentioned basically no troubleshooting you performed, just that you "installed stuff" and then scratched your head quizzically.

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

You're describing problems with the most fundamental parts of the sex mod ecosystem for FO4. If even they're unable to help you understand how to get it working, you're likely better off spending your time on something else.

At a minimum they would have told you to check your installation with AAF_GFV.exe, and then turn on debug mode for AAF and review the admin log for it. You've mentioned basically no troubleshooting you performed, just that you "installed stuff" and then scratched your head quizzically.

No one told me about a debug mode and admin log... How do I turn it on and get the log?

1 hour ago, palethanatos said:

No one told me about a debug mode and admin log... How do I turn it on and get the log?

Easiest way to turn it on is the checkbox option to enable it in AAF's FOMOD installer menu. Reinstall AAF to get that menu. It will display the startup log for AAF along the left side of the screen when you load a save.

But first, did you check your AAF installation and prerequisites with the game files verifier (AAF_GFV.exe)? Did it give a clean bill of health?

Edited by vaultbait
[fixed a typo]
17 hours ago, palethanatos said:

??? I already installed AAF(and the requirements)+Themes+Bodies+Animations(and the settlement mods the anims use)+the patches and then SEU to test things. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean

You don't use SEU to test things out you test things out  before installing SEU  .. SEU is the last you install after animations are working  to test animations out  you press the home key that brings up Aaf wizard then you hit the emter key that brings up a list of anination then page down to highlight npc s then arrow right   then back to page down to elect self are other's then arrow right  and so on then to go through animatons page up are page down if all works then in stall AAF SEU 1..4    and AAF SEU 1.4 XMl  add-on are the 1.3 ones

Edited by Zizzpa
Missspelings
15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Easiest way to turn it on is the checkbox option to enable it in AAF's FOMOD installer menu. Reinstall AAF to get that menu. It will display the startup log for AAF along the left side of the screen when you load a save.

But first, did you check your AAF installation and prerequisites with the game files verifier (AAF_GFV.exe)? Did it give a clean bill of health?

Did you use the leiato stage one  by chance that might be gofging you up  are tell me from the first thing you install to the last I don't need a load order only what you started  out with all the way to ended  ended with  also fusion girl cloud be messing you up   as well did me I got rid of broke all morphs lips they ended up being  . No more fusion nothing on my game that one was wired all worked great the boots strated footing I was with then lip dicks came I don't why but yeah all worked great for 3 months no other's mods install something broke ..  now all cbbe with aninated fannys Bress bounc  sep mutants are still lipping  

Edited by Zizzpa
Info update
15 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Ok so AAF_GFV.. all that came up in red was outdated creation club but would that really mess things up? should I get rid of the cc mods?

Also this is the log right? image.png.7182d35aeef1c6d26f6a8aad8efdf8fb.pngimage.png.5c1d8e0064ec514bf773044d007a4573.png 

1 hour ago, palethanatos said:

Ok so AAF_GFV.. all that came up in red was outdated creation club but would that really mess things up? should I get rid of the cc mods?

Also this is the log right?

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the CC mods, and yes that log. Since it appears AAF really is fully starting and you actually do seem to be able to pull up the on-screen wizard (it sounded like you were saying you couldn't in an earlier post, but maybe you just meant you had a problem creating a new scene with it), that's a fine way to get to the logs without needing to enable full debug mode (which tends to be most useful when AAF won't completely start and the interactive interface is unavailable).

So, you hit the home key and the AAF interface comes up at the new scene wizard, then you hit the enter/return key and... do you get a list of actors or no? Try to be standing next to someone.

Also I see you're testing it in the pre-war intro. There are a number of things wacky about the game at that stage. For cleaner testing, I would strongly recommend loading a previously unmodded vanilla save at or past the Vault 111 entrance. It helps rule out a number of potentially strange behaviors. If you need a clean save to test with, there are a number easily found and downloaded from the Nexus Mods site.

3. Install Ultimate AAF Patch and load/rule after everything it conflicts with.

4. [...]load/rule[...]

What does this even mean? >load/rule after everything it conflicts with

Drag the mods in red(losing conflict) to load after the patch so they overwrite the patch? Keep the patch at the bottom so it overwrites everything? What even is the point of those two bullet points if a patch is obviously supposed to overwrite the mods in question? Needless confusion.

7 hours ago, Chromarex said:

4. [...]load/rule[...]

What does this even mean? >load/rule after everything it conflicts with

Drag the mods in red(losing conflict) to load after the patch so they overwrite the patch? Keep the patch at the bottom so it overwrites everything? What even is the point of those two bullet points if a patch is obviously supposed to overwrite the mods in question? Needless confusion.

Not needless confusion... Seriously, do you know  what is going on.. Load is for MO2 users and Rule is for Vortex users. As for .3 and .4... Number 4 is for those that use that mod. (funny how you decided to delete most of that statement and only choose to show what fits your narrative. For those not understanding what was deleted. #4 is for Letio's mod. and it is specifically there mentioned last as it is LAST even for the patch.. which NEEDS to be there as most experienced mod users will put a patch on the very bottom and not realize that that needs to go below the patch that IS SUPPOSE TO NORMALLY BE THE PATCH FOR THE ENTIRE AAF FRAMEWORK. 

1. Install 'Basic Requirements' listed above.
  2. Install desired animation packs.
  4. Install Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix if Leito's Animation Pack and/or Hardship mod is/are installed and load/rule after everything above, UAP and/or Hardship included.

Here's an idea.. instead of putting your foot in your month ask for clarification on why something is before complaining and slinging accusations.   Creating a guide for an ever changing framework where various authors have projects in various degrees of completion and or update(s) is impossible without some overlap and /or statements like this.

TL;DR

1. Using Leito Plus Erection Fix requires you to make changes to normal mod setup so that it can over ride the main patch used by UAP.  This is due to Leto's patch needing to overwrite some files in UAP to win in the conflicts.

2.   "Load" refers to Mod Organizer terminology the term "rule" refers to Vortex mod manager.

10 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

-snip-

No, I was only talking about the "load/rule 'after'" terminology.

I only ever used MO2, no other mod managers, I do not know what you mean to install Ultimate AAF Patch and load/rule after 'everything it conflicts with'

Instead of saying that, you could say to 'put Ultimate AAF Patch after the conflicting mods and have it overwrite them'?

The load/after is literally the thing causing confusion since lower on load order means it loads AFTER everything else, but higher means BEFORE everything else. 

I still don't know whether to put the Leito patches before or after the AAF patch, since on Leito's page he says to put his animation packs after all the patches. 

Well, whatever.

1 hour ago, Chromarex said:

No, I was only talking about the "load/rule 'after'" terminology.

I only ever used MO2, no other mod managers, I do not know what you mean to install Ultimate AAF Patch and load/rule after 'everything it conflicts with'

Instead of saying that, you could say to 'put Ultimate AAF Patch after the conflicting mods and have it overwrite them'?

The load/after is literally the thing causing confusion since lower on load order means it loads AFTER everything else, but higher means BEFORE everything else. 

I still don't know whether to put the Leito patches before or after the AAF patch, since on Leito's page he says to put his animation packs after all the patches. 

Well, whatever.

I literally told you what Load meant. Also, I said, to ask questions to get an answer. Before spurting out complaints.  What you did, generally will rub many the wrong and you will receive much less support if any for these very issues that you seem to need to know.  Can the term be different... sure. It isn't necessary.  Many understand what is being said and those that done go to the Discord server as instructed and get assisted and their questions answered. Not a problem.

You also literally answered your question if I read you correctly.  Leito iis even telling you to load his patch after all the patches just like the example that you pointed out (#4 which states Load/rule leito's patches after UAF...

Again, if you don't understand something ask for a clarification.  However, "Well whatever" this is the end of my support or answer session. You obviously want to run on your own narrative (like many seem to want to do nowadays) and for clarification "Narrative" is closed minded thoughts where you cannot be wrong and completely unwilling to even attempt to understand what is going on or what someone is trying to explain because it goes against your own internal judgment/thoughts, and/ or beliefs.)  Working with someone dependent on their own Narratives, is a waste of time as it is impossible to try to explain anything or get anywhere with said person.

I have better things to do. Blocked.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3937-aaf-fo4-animations-by-leito-122118/image.png.5b597c95d74787cf18eae90d1c2431e7.png

???

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99273-aaf-patches-for-crazy-leito-mods-v32-leito-pack-v2-bodytalk-support/

image.png.fd557173aa714ecf28a88b6cd4015f7e.png

???

Do you even listen to yourself? Your modding community is literally retarded and contradictory, which is why I am asking for clarifications. Pointlessly highlighting text as if that answers the question doesnt help. Look, i can do it too.

Leito is saying to load the patch before. The patch is saying to load it after. DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING?

On 6/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, vaultbait said:

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the CC mods, and yes that log. Since it appears AAF really is fully starting and you actually do seem to be able to pull up the on-screen wizard (it sounded like you were saying you couldn't in an earlier post, but maybe you just meant you had a problem creating a new scene with it), that's a fine way to get to the logs without needing to enable full debug mode (which tends to be most useful when AAF won't completely start and the interactive interface is unavailable).

Also I see you're testing it in the pre-war intro. There are a number of things wacky about the game at that stage. For cleaner testing, I would strongly recommend loading a previously unmodded vanilla save at or past the Vault 111 entrance. It helps rule out a number of potentially strange behaviors. If you need a clean save to test with, there are a number easily found and downloaded from the Nexus Mods site.

So, you hit the home key and the AAF interface comes up at the new scene wizard, then you hit the enter/return key and... do you get a list of actors or no? Try to be standing next to someone.

I press the enter key and nothing happens. It shows that its loading for a few seconds but then nothing. I tried it on wolfgang on a clean new save

Edited by palethanatos
2 hours ago, palethanatos said:

The GFV didn't find anything wrong though.... and I followed the install instructions

Untitled.png

I backtracked and looked at your prior posts. First off, I never had to use the Leitos patch and that would be the first thing to disable before retrying your game. Make sure you have enough animation packs installed in order to trigger sex. BP70, Savage Cabbage, Atomic Lust, etc.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (11/June/2021)