Quick question about mid-game gender change.

Acacia17

A quick question, i have a female character now which is 34 level, progressed through several storylines, ended a few etc. I play with the mods as well, so they know my character as a female(i mean my character registered as a female in their respective scripts or something(?)). I was thinking, saving my game, and changing my gender through console. How likely it is for me to corrupt my old save or have problems when i revert back the change to the previous save with these mods installed(there are couple of other mods as well(weapon/spell packs, Alchemy overhaul etc), but they dont have anything to do with character creation or lewd stuff in general so they should be fine i guess, if not i could post them as well);

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
SexLab.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
FNIS.esp
FNISspells.esp
SkyUI.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
NusbieVoices.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
SexLabAnimalSex.esp
SexLabAnimalSexDawn.esp
SexLabAnimalSexTame.esp
SexLabSquirt.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
Cherrypie.esp
DW.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SexLabTools.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
SexLabRomance_IgnoreGender.esp
LoversComfort.esp
SexLabArousedAnimations.esp
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
SexLab Trainers.esp
SexLabSexBounty.esp
YCrimeOverhaul.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp
SLAL_K4Anims.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SexLab Submit.esp

It is a pretty old setup so some of them doesnt even work properly, but im too lazy to try and fix them. Anyways, thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Acacia17 said:

A quick question, i have a female character now which is 34 level, progressed through several storylines, ended a few etc. I play with the mods as well, so they know my character as a female(i mean my character registered as a female in their respective scripts or something(?)). I was thinking, saving my game, and changing my gender through console. How likely it is for me to corrupt my old save or have problems when i revert back the change to the previous save with these mods installed(there are couple of other mods as well(weapon/spell packs, Alchemy overhaul etc), but they dont have anything to do with character creation or lewd stuff in general so they should be fine i guess, if not i could post them as well);

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
SexLab.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
FNIS.esp
FNISspells.esp
SkyUI.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
NusbieVoices.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
SexLabAnimalSex.esp
SexLabAnimalSexDawn.esp
SexLabAnimalSexTame.esp
SexLabSquirt.esp
SexLab Cumshot.esp
Cherrypie.esp
DW.esp
UIExtensions.esp
SexLabTools.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
SexLabRomance_IgnoreGender.esp
LoversComfort.esp
SexLabArousedAnimations.esp
SexLabDangerousNights2.esp
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
SexLab Trainers.esp
SexLabSexBounty.esp
YCrimeOverhaul.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ASLAL - Hearthfire Support.esp
SLAL_K4Anims.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SexLab Submit.esp

It is a pretty old setup so some of them doesnt even work properly, but im too lazy to try and fix them. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Don't change your sex in the console. You won't like what you look like. If you want to do this change it by running racemenu. Then run a save cleaner like ReSaver (part of Fallrim Tools found on Nexus). You're likely to be able to get away with it.

2 hours ago, Acacia17 said:

It is a pretty old setup so some of them doesnt even work properly

I'd update MNC for starters.

2 hours ago, Acacia17 said:

SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

They've been gone for a long time.

As has been said, Racemenu is better than consoling it. There are several mods out there for changing gender on the fly. Immersive Gender Change is the only one I can recall off the top of my head.

The only way to lose stuff using showracemenu is changing race. A gender change and other tweaks with aesthetics sliders should be safe, maybe you would need to reload the game after doing it or manually check and change gender in the Sexlab MCM, most LL mods grab that information from there to assign the proper role in animations. I guess if other mods are used you could check their MCM to check if the change is applied or if you need to manually change it. I doubt a save could get corrupted by doing this, but you have Fallrim tools to check and clean it if needed. I'd keep a backup of the save before doing it either way.

Yes, this has been already documented in the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages. See the page for console commands.

About showracemenu:

Note: Using this command to alter one's race will reset skills and health/magicka/stamina to default levels. This command can be safely used to alter a character's appearance without causing any unwanted side-effects as long as race is not changed. However, it should be noted that upon completing your changes and choosing a name for your character, all temporary active effects (such as Gift of Charity or shrine blessings) will be removed. Racial resistances will no longer be listed in Active Effects until the game is loaded from the main menu, at which time racial resistances will be automatically reapplied. Permanent active effects such as those from guardian stones or perks will not be lost. Active effects granted from enchanted items will not be listed until the items are re-equipped.

So using showracemenu and switcing gender without changing race should be safe. Re-equipping any enchanted gear and re-loading the save after finishing the process would be enough. I tend to use showracemenu to add minor changes to my character (changing hairstyle, adding scars, weight, etc.) and I've never experienced any skill, perk or attribute lost.

I've read that using setrace before showracemenu is a safe way to change race without losing skills, showracemenu is used later just to adjust character appearance. But I can't confirm this personally, as changing races is something I've never done on a savefile I care about.

10 hours ago, Psalam said:

Don't change your sex in the console. You won't like what you look like. If you want to do this change it by running racemenu. Then run a save cleaner like ReSaver (part of Fallrim Tools found on Nexus). You're likely to be able to get away with it.

So, lets say i changed my gender through console(im assuming you meant writing ''showracemenu'' to the console, by saying use racemenu, if not would you kindly specify?), and didnt like that way i looked. If i revert back to an old unaltered save, might this f*ck up something? Or would it be totally safe because its an unaltered old save? Im asking this because i kind of hate Skyrim, but only play it for the mods and my progression with both the game itself and in mods(roleplay), and my mods are in a status where im convinced that they have their own minds, they repair/fix themselves or something because there is no way in hell they hold it all together by natural means. So, if there is an even infinitesimal chance of this fecking up my whole playthrough(old saves and all), i will not be doing it. Just trying to make sure. Thanks again.

I know there will be problems, so only the ''me being able to revert back to an old save without any problems because its an unaltered save'' bit is important. Can someone verify that?

What I meant is that, if you use the "SexChange" console command you would not like your look (Male head on female body or vice versa). You are quite correct that you will need the showracemenu console command to use racemenu and that is the method that is most likely to get you the result that you desire. 

If you go back to an old, unaltered save you should get basically what you have right now prior to changing your sex. However, my proviso in all this is, remember this is Skyrim which can give you issues even when you are not messing with its fundamentals. All I'm trying to do is help minimize your risks.

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

What I meant is that, if you use the "SexChange" console command you would not like your look (Male head on female body or vice versa). You are quite correct that you will need the showracemenu console command to use racemenu and that is the method that is most likely to get you the result that you desire. 

If you go back to an old, unaltered save you should get basically what you have right now prior to changing your sex. However, my proviso in all this is, remember this is Skyrim which can give you issues even when you are not messing with its fundamentals. All I'm trying to do is help minimize your risks.

Yeah, i know Skyrim's capacity of summoning nonexistent issues on its own alright. Anyways, i just discovered the matchmaking thingy in the Sexlab Tools tab of my MCM, it kinda does what i wanted to do in the first place, even though its a bit too indirectly. So, thank you for your time and answers, i appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Acacia17 said:

Yeah, i know Skyrim's capacity of summoning nonexistent issues on its own alright. Anyways, i just discovered the matchmaking thingy in the Sexlab Tools tab of my MCM, it kinda does what i wanted to do in the first place, even though its a bit too indirectly. So, thank you for your time and answers, i appreciate it.

You're quite welcome.

Archived