Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

@vaultbait

Companion tasks will pause (not be given), If you're wearing a DD, pull out a weapon or have the dialogue blocked

^^^

+ Mistress will remove DD once per task/event completed (not stacking)

If the PC is stuck with a DD and already used the removal from her mistress you have either use the 'demand' option (and increase chance to get a bad event) or ask NPCs for help. Or use non BDH options to remove the DD.

When you got rid of the DD the mistress tasks should trigger again...

3 hours ago, Akor said:

@Jahtoris

You just loose the audio, right? The dialog menu still works (for vanilla and BDH dialog)?

Is it a specific event/task when this happens or completely random?

Yep jus the audio, everything else (dialog menu, etc) works fine. I haven't found a specific BDH task that does it, it's just that it occurs immediately following a BDH task. Thanks! Great mod, btw

4 hours ago, Akor said:

@vaultbait

^^^

+ Mistress will remove DD once per task/event completed (not stacking)

If the PC is stuck with a DD and already used the removal from her mistress you have either use the 'demand' option (and increase chance to get a bad event) or ask NPCs for help. Or use non BDH options to remove the DD.

Question :  how many events are the "bad event"?  Because the only bad one I have received is the vacation.... 

John

17 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Companion tasks will pause (not be given), If you're wearing a DD

10 hours ago, Akor said:

Aha! Thanks to the both of you. I was indeed perpetually wearing a DD collar and didn't realize already wearing a device would block mistress tasks. I most likely didn't read the description page closely enough.

@Jahtoris

I looked through thing and I don't think BDH modifies the player voice directly at any point. So it might be incompatibility with some other mod?!

Do you have any mod installed that modifies the placer character/voice in any way?

Or could it be that it happens after BDH calling a specific animation? I saw that AAF can temporary modify a characters voice type, maybe you have a mod installed that adds voice to animations?

2020-09-27

• Boston Devious Helper v0.3.17.7z
  • Boston Devious Helper v0.3.17 Ru.7z

Changed

• DD help: Asking Mistress for help with DD no longer requires to complete a task to reset. It's now purely based on the MCM setting (Boston Devious Helper -> Companion -> Remove Chance).
  • Auto Bimbo event: Teleport PC to target NPC if they are in different cells.
3 hours ago, Akor said:

@Jahtoris

I looked through thing and I don't think BDH modifies the player voice directly at any point. So it might be incompatibility with some other mod?!

Do you have any mod installed that modifies the placer character/voice in any way?

Or could it be that it happens after BDH calling a specific animation? I saw that AAF can temporary modify a characters voice type, maybe you have a mod installed that adds voice to animations?

This can happen when exiting a scene and the "E to Talk" is still on screen and hitting "E". If you look away so the interaction options go away for a couple seconds, then the voice works.

It happens exiting pretty much any AAF scene. It seems to take a couple seconds for AAF to clear it's shenanigans.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:27 AM, izzyknows said:

This can happen when exiting a scene and the "E to Talk" is still on screen and hitting "E". If you look away so the interaction options go away for a couple seconds, then the voice works.

It happens exiting pretty much any AAF scene. It seems to take a couple seconds for AAF to clear it's shenanigans.

Thanks to both of you for some answers. I don't have any PC voice alterning mods, but will make a point not to accidently hit the E key. Not sure that I was, but might have been? The voice loss doesn't appear to happen every time, and I don't see any specific animation that it is occuring with, but yep might be hitting the E key, or maybe some AAF glitchy thing. Thanks again

4 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Can your followers help you if they too wear DD?

Yes, but... if you don't/can't then remove their DD's, then the next NPC you talk to you'll be asking/demanding for help to get your Mistress out of them.

Of course you can block BDH dialogue when talking to NPC's and make her wear the DD's for awhile.... like she did you.

Okay, new question... I can't figure out the gangbang task. I've gotten it from my mistress twice now and after I choose "start scene" I go around asking NPCs to bang me. Where does that end? I've asked and had countless NPCs accept, but the scene never starts and if I talk to my mistress she only describes the task but doesn't tell me when I've gotten enough participants. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried twice now and had to restore to before the task is assigned because it seems to never end for me.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Okay, new question... I can't figure out the gangbang task. I've gotten it from my mistress twice now and after I choose "start scene" I go around asking NPCs to bang me. Where does that end? I've asked and had countless NPCs accept, but the scene never starts and if I talk to my mistress she only describes the task but doesn't tell me when I've gotten enough participants. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried twice now and had to restore to before the task is assigned because it seems to never end for me.

If you ask to fast (ask one then quickly ask another) or your mistress isn't close enough it wont trigger the dialogue. If you make sure your mistress is close, then ask an NPC, after they agree, turn & face your mistress for a couple seconds. When you have enough the mistress dialogue "should" force start immediately after talking to the last NPC.

And you don't need to reload a save, just use the MCM/Boston Devious Helper/Misc/Reset Events. Works for getting stuck in a "black screen" too. Console.. set bdh_cmd to 911

@vaultbait

The gangbang from the mistress requires 1-4 NPC to join, the number is randomly picked at the start of the task.

When you talk to an NPC you can 'Ask' (50% success chance) or 'Insist' (100% success chance) to join the gangbang.

After reaching the required number of NPC the mistress will start a dialog which should allow to start the scene.

---

You never get to the point where the mistress starts a dialog with the PC and tells here she found enough ppl, right?

When you talk with the mistress and pick the dialog option to start the scene mistress just tells you to find more people?

Or does it try to start the scene (screens fades to black) and it is a problem with gathering the NPCs?

Did you use the 'Ask' or 'Insist' option? You sure the NPCs accepted, my dialog is not good maybe it wasn't clear that they actually rejected to join... 

---

I did some basic testing with v0.3.17 and as far as I could see the event should work in this version.

Maybe if it happens again you can post a papyrus.log for me to check.

@izzyknows

If you ask to fast (ask one then quickly ask another) or your mistress isn't close enough it wont trigger the dialogue.

Whaaaat? :classic_blink:

Is that really a thing? You mean the dialog to ask NPCs to join or the dialog where mistress tells the PC that she invited enough ppl? 

6 hours ago, Akor said:

@izzyknows

Whaaaat? :classic_blink:

Is that really a thing? You mean the dialog to ask NPCs to join or the dialog where mistress tells the PC that she invited enough ppl? 

The Mistress dialogue will bug out if you have enough people, but she wasn't able to start her dialogue and you ask/insist another NPC. Say for example Piper happens to go off to get  an interview for the paper or gets stuck on a cat, box, car, truck hood, log, doorway, stairs.. well.. anything in the world. LOL Reaching the next level of affinity, which triggers the vanilla slow walk, can cause small issues if your not paying attention.

If your mistress is following as normal, everything works fine.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, izzyknows said:

The Mistress dialogue will bug out if you have enough people, but she wasn't able to start her dialogue and you ask/insist another NPC. Say for example Piper happens to go off to get  an interview for the paper or gets stuck on a cat, box, car, truck hood, log, doorway, stairs.. well.. anything in the world. LOL Reaching the next level of affinity, which triggers the vanilla slow walk, can cause small issues if your not paying attention.

If your mistress is following as normal, everything works fine.

Yeah, this seems plausible. I'm using Piper, and trying to recruit participants in Diamond City. I didn't consider trying to talk to Piper again after each new participant accepts (I'd tried both ask and insist). Not knowing what the workflow for it would be, I just wandered around and kept asking people to join but no idea if Piper was right behind me or off doing other stuff for some of those. I'll try it again and make sure to keep her close by the entire time. Thanks @Akor and @izzyknows!

On 10/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, Akor said:

@vaultbait

The gangbang from the mistress requires 1-4 NPC to join, the number is randomly picked at the start of the task.

When you talk to an NPC you can 'Ask' (50% success chance) or 'Insist' (100% success chance) to join the gangbang.

After reaching the required number of NPC the mistress will start a dialog which should allow to start the scene.

---

You never get to the point where the mistress starts a dialog with the PC and tells here she found enough ppl, right?

When you talk with the mistress and pick the dialog option to start the scene mistress just tells you to find more people?

Or does it try to start the scene (screens fades to black) and it is a problem with gathering the NPCs?

Did you use the 'Ask' or 'Insist' option? You sure the NPCs accepted, my dialog is not good maybe it wasn't clear that they actually rejected to join... 

---

I did some basic testing with v0.3.17 and as far as I could see the event should work in this version.

Maybe if it happens again you can post a papyrus.log for me to check.

To narrow down the possibilities, I entered the Diamond City security office. I accepted the gangbang task from Piper, chose Start Scene, and approached each of the 4 security officers on duty at the time making sure Piper was always no more than a few steps away. I insisted so as to rule out confusing rejections. I've done my best to filter it down to the relevant papyrus loglines in the following spoiler (my raw papyrus log is huge due to deugging data from other mods):

Spoiler

[10/08/2020 - 12:48:47AM] warning: Loaded timer offset for [bdh:bdh_bimboalias <alias BimboAlias02 on quest BDH_BimboQuest (EF04A6CC)>] is too negative for the current time - forcing to 1 second. (Offset: -8, Current: 0)
[10/08/2020 - 12:48:55AM] BDH-INFO - HasOutfits=True||[bdh:bdh_clothinglib <BDH_LibQuest (EF01E7C1)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:49:01AM] BDH-INFO - Boston Devious Helper v0.3.17
[10/08/2020 - 12:49:07AM] BDH-DEBUG - OnAAFReady||[bdh:bdh_animationlib <BDH_LibQuest (EF01E7C1)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:05AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SLUT_IDLE||[bdh:bdh_slutquest <BDH_SlutQuest (EF0234C8)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_BYSTANDER_SELECT||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - BDH_Global_PartnerTarget: 1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - BDH_Global_BystanderAccept: 0||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:25AM] BDH-WARNING - StartScene() not implemented in state: STATE_BYSTANDER_SELECT||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:50:52AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias00 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:51:17AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias01 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:51:53AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias02 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:52:33AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SLUT_IDLE||[bdh:bdh_slutquest <BDH_SlutQuest (EF0234C8)>]
[10/08/2020 - 12:52:45AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias03 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (EF01A242)>]

I suppose BDH_Global_PartnerTarget: 1 means Piper should have stopped me as soon as I'd recruited PartnerAlias00 at 12:50:52, you can see I waited 30+ seconds between each approach but she never said anything. After the fourth partner was recruited I talked to Piper and she was still only willing to tell me about my task or let me cancel out of it.

Any idea what could be going on there?

@vaultbait

suppose BDH_Global_PartnerTarget: 1 means Piper should have stopped me as soon as I'd recruited PartnerAlias00 

Correct!

So I don't see any error in the log...

I think what might have happened is that a previous task/event bugged out somehow and the GlobalVariable that keeps track the number of NPCs during events didn't reset to 0. 

Now if the gangbang events starts and you add NPCs the PartnerCount ends up higher then the PartnerTarget and then the task would never progresses to the next step because it only checks that PartnerCount==PartnerTargert...

If that makes sense...

Anyways I tweaked some scripts and it should now reset the GlobalVariable more reliable.

In case the variable is already in a bugged state it should fix itself the next time a gangbang event starts.

Maybe you can try it out and see if it helps.

In case it still doesn't work I also added some more logging to help figure out what else it could be.

PS: Do you remember a previous task involving other NPCs bugging out or behaving weird?

Boston Devious Helper v0.3.17-gangbangfix1.7z

On 10/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Akor said:

I think what might have happened is that a previous task/event bugged out somehow and the GlobalVariable that keeps track the number of NPCs during events didn't reset to 0. 

Now if the gangbang events starts and you add NPCs the PartnerCount ends up higher then the PartnerTarget and then the task would never progresses to the next step because it only checks that PartnerCount==PartnerTargert...

If that makes sense...

Anyways I tweaked some scripts and it should now reset the GlobalVariable more reliable.

In case the variable is already in a bugged state it should fix itself the next time a gangbang event starts.

Maybe you can try it out and see if it helps.

In case it still doesn't work I also added some more logging to help figure out what else it could be.

PS: Do you remember a previous task involving other NPCs bugging out or behaving weird?

Yeah, it didn't seem to help, and the additional debugging you added I think backs up your suspicions:

Spoiler

[10/10/2020 - 12:39:27AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SLUT_IDLE||[bdh:bdh_slutquest <BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:27AM] BDH-INFO - HasOutfits=True||[bdh:bdh_clothinglib <BDH_LibQuest (F001E7C1)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:27AM] BDH-DEBUG - ClearAll||[bdh:bdh_partneraliasgroup <alias AliasGroups on quest BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:27AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias AliasGroups on quest BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_partneraliasgroup.ClearAll() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_PartnerAliasGroup.psc" Line 147
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.STATE_SLUT_IDLE.OnBeginState() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line 531
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.GotoState() - "E:\root_obse\f4se\scripts\build_src\ScriptObject.psc" Line 42
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.GotoStateRandom() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line 303
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.STATE_SLUT_IDLE.UpdateState() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line ?
	<truncated stack>
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:27AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp63"
stack:
	[alias AliasGroups on quest BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_partneraliasgroup.ClearAll() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_PartnerAliasGroup.psc" Line 147
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.STATE_SLUT_IDLE.OnBeginState() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line 531
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.GotoState() - "E:\root_obse\f4se\scripts\build_src\ScriptObject.psc" Line 42
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.GotoStateRandom() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line 303
	[BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)].bdh:bdh_slutquest.STATE_SLUT_IDLE.UpdateState() - "E:\Mod Organizer 2 (Fallout 4)\mods\Boston Devious Helper - DEV\Scripts\Source\User\BDH\BDH_SlutQuest.psc" Line ?	
	<truncated stack>
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:33AM] BDH-WARNING - Maintenance...||[bdh:bdh_companionquest <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:33AM] BDH-INFO - Boston Devious Helper v0.3.18
[10/10/2020 - 12:39:39AM] BDH-DEBUG - OnAAFReady||[bdh:bdh_animationlib <BDH_LibQuest (F001E7C1)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:40:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_BYSTANDER_SELECT||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:40:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - BDH_Global_PartnerTarget: 1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:40:13AM] BDH-DEBUG - BDH_Global_BystanderAccept: 1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:40:45AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias00 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:40:45AM] BDH-DEBUG - partner: 5/1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:03AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias01 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:03AM] BDH-DEBUG - partner: 6/1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:29AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias02 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:29AM] BDH-DEBUG - partner: 7/1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:38AM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SLUT_IDLE||[bdh:bdh_slutquest <BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:38AM] BDH-DEBUG - ClearAll||[bdh:bdh_partneraliasgroup <alias AliasGroups on quest BDH_SlutQuest (F00234C8)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:38AM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	<truncated stack>
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:38AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp63"
stack:
	<truncated stack>
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:55AM] BDH-DEBUG - PartnerAlias: Diamond City Security||[bdh:bdh_partneralias <alias PartnerAlias03 on quest BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]
[10/10/2020 - 12:41:55AM] BDH-DEBUG - partner: 8/1||[bdh:bdh_companiontask_gangbang <BDH_CompanionQuest (F001A242)>]

All I can figure is maybe a previous attempt at the gangbang quest didn't go right and I cancelled/aborted it incompletely somehow.

@vaultbait

It looks like it is the problem I described. I'm not sure why the fix didn't work.

Did you try/load a save where the gangbang event already started?

It will only work when the gangbang event hasn't started yet.

I guess in case you load a save where it already has started you could just manually reset the GlobalVariable via the console, and then it should work for the current and next events.

Set BDH_Global_PartnerCount to 0

Added tweaks to the other quests as well, I only did it for the mistress quest.

Boston Devious Helper v0.3.17-gangbangfix2.7z

On 10/10/2020 at 7:02 AM, Akor said:

It looks like it is the problem I described. I'm not sure why the fix didn't work.

Did you try/load a save where the gangbang event already started?

It will only work when the gangbang event hasn't started yet.

Yep, I had been testing from a save where Piper already wanted to talk to me, I guess the quest is initiated by that point. I was able to use the MCM to reset BDH events and then later got a new gangbang quest from her which worked fine.