Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

12 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

That log shows several scripted mods have been uninstalled, which in this case proked that save.

Start a "new" game with your current load order and see if it works. You can also use a pure vanilla save like Ms. Vault 111. Which is great for testing mods!.

That was a new game. I hadn't changed anything. This log was made right after leaving vault 111. I doubt it shows bdh scripts yet but it is quite long nonetheless.

Papyrus.0.log

@xyzxyz @izzyknows

That log shows several scripted mods have been uninstalled, which in this case proked that save.

I would agree but @xyzxyz already tried a new game, right?

Same problem with a new char

Does your log contain entries from when you started a new game? Or is it all saved games?

10 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

That was a new game. I hadn't changed anything. This log was made right after leaving vault 111. I doubt it shows bdh scripts yet but it is quite long nonetheless.

Papyrus.0.log 117.15 kB · 1 download

The new log still shows that it tried to load BDH stuff from a save. You sure it was a new game/save game which had no BDH previously installed?

[08/25/2020 - 07:12:01PM] error: Variable object type BDH:BDH_Core is unknown - data will be ignored
[08/25/2020 - 07:12:01PM] error: Unable to load object 0x0000016035E7BE00 from save game

This save and log was made in another new game in Vault 111. I cleaned the game files manually and he didn't find any older version files. For some reason NexusMM always forgets to delete the .ini file from this mod.

I tried updating from version 0.2.4 to 0.3.14 on my main char but it didn't worked too.

Papyrus.0.log

@Akor -- as of version 0.3.14, your mod cannot work unless RSE II: CSA is installed.

Both script logs from @xyzxyz have these errors:

[08/25/2020 - 07:34:22PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "_playerAbductionScript" on object "bdh:bdh_abductionlib"
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:22PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "LoadRSEAbductions" in state "" on object "bdh:bdh_abductionlib".
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:23PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::BDH_AbductionLib_var" on object "BDH:BDH_Core"
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:23PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "BDH_AbductionLib" on object "BDH:BDH_Core"
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:23PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "Execute" in state "" on object "bdh:bdh_cmdalias".
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:23PM] error: Unable to bind script BDH:BDH_Core to BDH_Core (3F0090A0) because their base types do not match
[08/25/2020 - 07:34:24PM] error: Unable to bind script bdh:bdh_abductionlib to BDH_LibQuest (3F01E7C1) because their base types do not match

This is happening because in 0.3.14 you have made the RSEII:CSA scripts a hard requirement:

RSEII_CSA:RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript _playerAbductionScript

Your script now has RSEII_CSA:RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript as one of its base types, and the script will fail to load if the user doesn't have RSE II: CSA installed.  That leads to a cascading failure, where your abduction script fails to load, which causes the BDH_Core script to fail to load, etc.

You don't need to make an explicit dependency like this.  Looking at your script it appears you did this in order to access properties on the RSE script, e.g.

StoredClothingList = _playerAbductionScript.RSEII_CSA_ClothingToRemove

You can avoid a script dependency by getting the quest using GetFormFromFile (like you did in earlier versions ;)), then getting the script using CastAs:

RSEAbductionMain = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000B7DB,"RSE_II_CSA.esp") as Quest

ScriptObject _playerAbductionScript = RSEAbductionMain.CastAs("RSEII_CSA:RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript")

After that, you can access the script's properties with GetPropertyValue:

StoredClothingList = _playerAbductionScript.GetPropertyValue("RSEII_CSA_ClothingToRemove") as FormList

These changes will allow your mod to work even if the user doesn't have RSE installed at all.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

This save and log was made in another new game in Vault 111. I cleaned the game files manually and he didn't find any older version files. For some reason NexusMM always forgets to delete the .ini file from this mod.

I tried updating from version 0.2.4 to 0.3.14 on my main char but it didn't worked too.

Papyrus.0.log 352.95 kB · 2 downloads

Load the attached save, don't move!.. wait a couple minutes for everything to load, then "walk" to Sanctuary, exit the game & post the log.
The reason I say not to move is, this is a vanilla save and it will be loading ALL your mods for the first time. There's also a couple triggers you don't want to trip while the mods are trying to load. That and Sim Settlements, depending on the flavor you have, can take several minutes to actually finish loading.

Ms. Vault 111-2383-1-01.rar

57 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

These changes will allow your mod to work even if the user doesn't have RSE installed at all.

I don't run RSE and don't have an issue. Does BDH check for RSE and ignore it if it's not installed? (whatever the "check" is called)

40 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

I don't run RSE and don't have an issue. Does BDH check for RSE and ignore it if it's not installed? (whatever the "check" is called)

This problem only happens with the latest version of the mod. 

The abduction script does check whether RSE is installed.  The problem is, with a hard script dependency like the one introduced in 3.14, that check never gets a chance to run.  The script specifies a variable of type "RSEII_CSA:RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript" and that type is defined in the RSEII scripts.  If they are not found, the script won't load properly.  Technical explanation:

Spoiler

You can see the problem clearly in the errors in xyzxyz's logs.  The first real run-time error (as opposed to the load errors I talked about above) is

[08/25/2020 - 07:35:14PM] error: Unable to obtain function call information - returning None
stack:
    [alias BDH_PlayerAlias on quest BDH_Core (3F0090A0)].BDH:BDH_ReferenceAlias.OnAliasInit() - "...\BDH_ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 21

The line 21 in question is:

Mod = BDH:BDH_Core.GetInstance()

The next error is

[08/25/2020 - 07:35:14PM] error: Cannot call BDH_Setting_Futanari_Allowed() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias BDH_PlayerAlias on quest BDH_Core (3F0090A0)].BDH:BDH_PlayerAlias_FollowTarget.SetCoreProperties() - "...\BDH_ReferenceAlias.psc" Line 14

and the line 14 in question is:

BDH_Setting_Futanari_Allowed = Mod.BDH_Setting_Futanari_Allowed

In other words, "Mod" is a None object because the BDH:BDH_Core script did not load, because of the load time errors I talked about earlier.  This is preventing the mod from doing anything at all.

Note that not everyone is guaranteed to run into this even if they don't have RSE installed.  The way the script engine handles these missing type errors depends on whether any other mod is looking for the same script, and it's possible that if you upgraded from an earlier version the problem won't happen because the script objects were already populated.  But it is obviously causing the mod not to work in xyzxyz's case, and the fix is pretty simple.

52 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Load the attached save, don't move!.. wait a couple minutes for everything to load, then "walk" to Sanctuary, exit the game & post the log.
The reason I say not to move is, this is a vanilla save and it will be loading ALL your mods for the first time. There's also a couple triggers you don't want to trip while the mods are trying to load. That and Sim Settlements, depending on the flavor you have, can take several minutes to actually finish loading.

Ms. Vault 111-2383-1-01.rar 1.88 MB · 1 download

Here you go.

Papyrus.0.log

I installed RSE and the hotkeys are reacting finally. Now I just need to get the dialogues to work. No NPC or follower seems to notice the several DDs my player is wearing. Other mods have no problem finding the DDs. Of course I activated the dialogues with the hotkey^^

Did you add any hidden dependencies for those too? ^^

Papyrus.0.log

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The abduction script does check whether RSE is installed.  The problem is, with a hard script dependency like the one introduced in 3.14, that check never gets a chance to run.  The script specifies a variable of type "RSEII_CSA:RSEII_PlayerAbductionScript" and that type is defined in the RSEII scripts.  If they are not found, the script won't load properly.  Technical explanation:

Thank You for that detailed explanation!! I love it when ya talk nerdy to me. ;)
That explains why I don't have issues, I did update on an existing save. It also shows a good example of why you can load an older\current save then start a new run, without exiting, and "some" issues\settings from the last loaded save will follow into the new run.

@EgoBallistic

Thanks a lot for your help :P:thumbsup:

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense to me...

BUT... it is also totally confusing me... :O

Because in my script that handles DD (BDH_DeviousLib.psc) I did the same thing with a Form/Property from Devious Cursed Wasteland and this was in since the first version I released and it never caused these kind of problem.

At least no one complained about it so far...

Spoiler

DCW:dcw_mastercontrollerQuestScript Property DCW_Lib Auto Hidden

Function LoadGame()
        ; ---
        ; [DCW] Devious Cursed Wasteland
        if (Game.IsPluginInstalled("Deviously Cursed Wasteland.esp"))
            DCW_Lib = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x001735, "Deviously Cursed Wasteland.esp") as DCW:dcw_mastercontrollerQuestScript
            if (DCW_Lib == None)
                LogWarning("cannot find DCW:dcw_mastercontrollerQuestScript")
            endIf
        Else
            LogWarning("Deviously Cursed Wasteland.esp not installed")
            DCW_Lib = None
        endIf
EndFunction

Function UPdatePlayer()
    ; Strip Collar
    if (DCW_Lib)
        if (IsWearingDevice(PlayerActor, DCW_Lib.dcw_SlaveCollarRendered))
            BDH_Global_Player_StripCollar.SetValueInt(1)
        else
            BDH_Global_Player_StripCollar.SetValueInt(0)
        endIf
    endIf
EndFunction

Is this something that can work and sometimes not, maybe it depends in what order the scripts initialize?!

- Update -

Ahhh I see :D

Note that not everyone is guaranteed to run into this even if they don't have RSE installed.  The way the script engine handles these missing type errors depends on whether any other mod is looking for the same script, and it's possible that if you upgraded from an earlier version the problem won't happen because the script objects were already populated.  But it is obviously causing the mod not to work in xyzxyz's case, and the fix is pretty simple.

@threethreethree111

Decided to say fuck it and start a new save and maybe that'll fix the issue I posted about before. I messed around for like 4 hours in god mode and no events happened, BDH was in mod config and, cait would acknowledge my pc was in devices and offer to help her out, but I set task after unlocking to 100% and still got none.

I went into the papyrus log and used the find tool to find BDH and Boston, but found nothing at all                   

Papyrus Log:Papyrus.3.log

I'll put my load order in as well to see if anyone can find any obvious issues as I have no idea how to manage that shit.

Thank you!

The log doesn't have any BDH logs in it. Did you upload the right one?

Papyrus.0.log is always the latest/newest one!

When you start the game the old one gets renamed (Papyrus.0.log -> Papyrus.1.log) and it creates a new Papyrus.0.log

@xyzxyz

Spoiler

I installed RSE and the hotkeys are reacting finally. Now I just need to get the dialogues to work. No NPC or follower seems to notice the several DDs my player is wearing. Other mods have no problem finding the DDs. Of course I activated the dialogues with the hotkey^^

I have a problem with the male NPCs from the pillory scene. After the sex they follow the player forever.

The DD problem is gone now then?

It was only male NPCs that followed forever or where there only male in the event?

36 minutes ago, Akor said:

@xyzxyz

Reveal hidden contents

It was only male NPCs that followed forever or where there only male in the event?

I tried an older save with version 0.2.4. In the pillory scene were a minutemen and Hawthorne. After they had sex with the player they kept following around no matter where I go. I couldn't kill them either. When I update this save to the newest version I don't get any events anymore.

And no, the detection problem in the newest version is stil there.

FO4 Nude Basics has a setting that forces pc to from weapon during a vibration event.  Also has no merchant buying or vanilla armors.  Makes pc naked full time.  

If Violate is installed bimbo collar has chance for auto surrender during combat.

Need to lock the bimbo collar so nothing can remove it, such as other collars being locked on.  Viokate will install the shock collar which can only be unlock via code.  Mustress has code, non compliance is vacation or taking of all equipment, random shocks from collar till compliance.

Mind control vs conditioning.  Ie addiction. I like all the ideas.  Debuffs.  Forced quests.  Go to random locations to do jobs.  Random teleportation to spawn points around map. (Enemies)   Moving of a companion randomly around map with equipment etc.

Like the hide and fuck game. Addiction should drive pc mad till back with companion or re recruit one.  

Should be almost an inescapable situation of no choice for pc once gone down rabbit hole.

John

3 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I tried an older save with version 0.2.4. In the pillory scene were a minutemen and Hawthorne. After they had sex with the player they kept following around no matter where I go. I couldn't kill them either. When I update this save to the newest version I don't get any events anymore.

And no, the detection problem in the newest version is stil there.

I have same issue.  Pillory also doesn't lock. And only one time.  I thought perhaps would keep going to some number till mistress was happy.  I ended up killing the npc the end the event.

John

1 hour ago, Akor said:

@xyzxyz

Reveal hidden contents

Was anything usefull to find in my last log?

@xyzxyz

Most of the error are gone in the log but it looks like there are still 2 GlobalVariables from BDH not loaded correctly. One is related to DD items, that's why the dialog is not working.

So overall it looks better then the logs yesterday but something is still not working.

I'm going to upload a new version which hopefully fixes the dependency stuff. 

## 2020-08-26

* ```Boston Devious Helper v0.3.15.7z```

People who had problems with v0.3.14 not working at all need a clean save | new game! :worried:
Otherwise it should be OK to just update to v0.3.15.

### Changed

* Fixed problem introduced with v0.3.14 with a hard dependency to RSEII:CSA that caused BDH to stop working when RSEII:CSA was not installed (Thanks for figuring this out @EgoBallistic !)
* Fixed bug with Bimbo Cum Toilet dialog ('Follow me' option didn't work)
* Fixed issue with events getting stuck in a black loading screen.