On Nexus, there are several cheat terminals available that make it possible to do things like adding levels, perks, use the showrace and barber/makeover menus, etc. Maybe pull apart one of those for what you want to do?

For one-stop shopping of all the different character edits I've seen, look for the Levelers House. Spread out over 3-4 terminals are just about all the changes you can make to your character with the console.

So what I'm thinking of is something like this' date=' which is a very rough sketch..[/quote']

Shucks, trying to follow you there made my head hurt.

I found something interesting - at least to what I'd like to have - in OBSE, which has a GetActiveMenuSelection command. Works for stuff in player inventory & other containers alike, apparently (it's used in the FormdID Finder mod).

It doesn't seem to have carried over to NVSE, but it might be easier copying stuff from it than reinventing the wheel. Could be some other of OBSE's UI functions are needed to get it to work though.

So what I'm thinking of is something like this' date=' which is a very rough sketch..[/quote']

Shucks, trying to follow you there made my head hurt.

I found something interesting - at least to what I'd like to have - in OBSE, which has a GetActiveMenuSelection command. Works for stuff in player inventory & other containers alike, apparently (it's used in the FormdID Finder mod).

It doesn't seem to have carried over to NVSE, but it might be easier copying stuff from it than reinventing the wheel. Could be some other of OBSE's UI functions are needed to get it to work though.

Hmm been looking at how the Weapon Mod Menu implements its functionality and it seems there's a great deal of functionality you can tap into using GetUIFloat, SetUIFloat and SetUIString combined with knowing the XML XPath structure of the menu UI. Should take a look at how the main script plays with the WMM XML menus.

EDIT: Prideslayer, you may want to see if you can hook the id trait of list boxes... from list_box.xml:

&generic; 

&false; 

Hmm been looking at how the Weapon Mod Menu implements its functionality and it seems there's a great deal of functionality you can tap into using GetUIFloat' date=' SetUIFloat and SetUIString combined with knowing the XML XPath structure of the menu UI. Should take a look at how the main script plays with the WMM XML menus.

Far as I can tell, it still picks the item to be modded with a GetEquippedObject 5, not by actually detecting it through the inventory UI.

Far as I can tell' date=' it still picks the item to be modded with a GetEquippedObject 5, not by actually detecting it through the inventory UI.

[/quote']

Aw crap, you're right, it does... grrrrr.

EDIT: Hmm, and it also handles the mod portion by obviously knowing in advance what each line of the mod UI relates to in references. Something you can't know...

Right, those UI functions are only useful for static strings where you know the paths -- which is how MCM works to begin with, and part of what makes it so fragile. The cheat terminals are all statically defined as well. You'll notice that none of them provide DLC or mod-provided items in their "give me an _______" menus.

I will look into the different options available that I already mentioned, perhaps that 'cursor' object has what we want.

Right now I'm just fighting with more basic things though (in scripts, not NX), like getting the actual reference ID (not baseID) of an item in inventory, like a piece of armor. GetSelf in an OnEquip block returns zero and "additem" doesn't return a refID the way placeatme does, for example. What a PITA.

That one is in OBSE.. might be able to port it to NX if it's not in NVSE. I also might be a Chinese jet pilot.

I don't see it as existing in the src folder. However, you may be able to play around with the code found in GameUI.cpp/.h and GameTiles.cpp/.h. Those handle all the current backend UI functions as far as I can tell that support the exports in Commands_UI.cpp/.h.

In OBSE it's in Commands_Menu.cpp/.h but that wasn't ported to fose/nvse afaik.

I had been doing fine with an older version of the script extender, but the last NG update told me to upgrade. So, I installed the latest version of NVSE, and version 11 of NVSEE. Now, when I start the game, it constantly tells me that I have v0, and I need v9... but I installed v11. Since it all works instead of crashing, I doubt that I seriously screwed up an installation I've done many times in the past (except for the NVSEE... which is just another step). I don't know what to do but throw up my hands until someone can tell me what to try. This isn't a FOMOD I can just try reactivating, or activating in a different order. This is just items placed in the fallout new vegas file.

I had been doing fine with an older version of the script extender' date=' but the last NG update told me to upgrade. So, I installed the latest version of NVSE, and version 11 of NVSEE. Now, when I start the game, it constantly tells me that I have v0, and I need v9... but I installed v11. Since it all works instead of crashing, I doubt that I seriously screwed up an installation I've done many times in the past (except for the NVSEE... which is just another step). I don't know what to do but throw up my hands until someone can tell me what to try. This isn't a FOMOD I can just try reactivating, or activating in a different order. This is just items placed in the fallout new vegas file.[/quote']

I think you just reinstall NVSE aafter SexoutNG then install the Extender again afterwards, that seemed to fix it for me

I had been doing fine with an older version of the script extender' date=' but the last NG update told me to upgrade. So, I installed the latest version of NVSE, and version 11 of NVSEE. Now, when I start the game, it constantly tells me that I have v0, and I need v9... but I installed v11. Since it all works instead of crashing, I doubt that I seriously screwed up an installation I've done many times in the past (except for the NVSEE... which is just another step). I don't know what to do but throw up my hands until someone can tell me what to try. This isn't a FOMOD I can just try reactivating, or activating in a different order. This is just items placed in the fallout new vegas file.[/quote']

I think you just reinstall NVSE aafter SexoutNG then install the Extender again afterwards, that seemed to fix it for me

I didn't understand why it would work, but I gave it a shot, anyway, and it's still not working for me.

Just to be sure that I was doing what you had in mind...

* I deleted the two NVSEE items

* I reactivated SexoutNG Core and SexoutNG Data

* I Dropped the NVSE 3 beta2 items into the fallout new vegas folder where they would replace earlier iterations of themselves... I'm not sure what the point of that would be, but lots of stuff that works makes no sense to me, so I just do some things, anyway

* I started the game, then exited

* I installed the NVSEE items

I restarted the game, and still received the same, damned message.

If you can tell me how to fix what I'm doing wrong, or another way to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

That's what I thought. From the OP:

Install the extender by extracting the contents to the data/nvse/plugins directory.

Ahhh... o.k.

Thanks a lot. It's often harder than you might imagine to catch details through these constant migraines. I'd just lie in bed, but I can't do that for the rest of my life without going crazy.

Hi, i followed the sexout faq, and i managed to run the game.

But soon i realized i couldn't see any animation, so i checked trought the files and found the missing, the nvse extender, i forgot it (damn!).

So i have created the directory nsve/plugin and put the two dll files in it.Now when i try a new game, or load, it crashes. I reactivated all i have, but stills crash. The load order it's okay, following the faq.Also i think bouncing breasts mod don't work, cause i don't se anything bouncing, clothed or not (Why?Mistery.I followed the faq instructions, copying only the meshes...).

If i delete the nvse extender form data, it works, but no animation as i said.

If i disable sex out.esm (but i don't deactivate it) the game doesn't crash... Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Seems all right, at least i was able to see my first animation with sexbrutal raper plugin, i assume i will have no problem with other sexout mods (i think, i'll conferm you anyway , just the time to play a bit along).Thank you DoctaSax , i was losing hope :D ( But still bouncing boobs seems doesn't work).