ok the compilation file apparently came with the extender so I extract the b13 file into the plugins folder then?

(in the compilation file in the new vegas directory there is an NVSE folder. Inside the folder is a plugins folder. Inside the plugins folder are two files "nvse_extender" and "nvse_extender_ng") I have the b13 file do I simply extract the b13 file into the plugins folder? or do I need to download the other file now and do the same? Also is there anything else I have to do after this like run an installer? thanks for the help by the way.

Install NVSE as normal' date=' simply extract all the files to your fallout new vegas directory.[/quote']

ok well then it should be working if the NVSE files are there and the extender files are in the plugins directory (are those two files the only things that should be in there). Is there anything else I have to do? since the extender does not appear to be working.

Inside the plugins folder are two files "nvse_extender" and "nvse_extender_ng".

Don't think you're supposed to have two different extenders. Hopefully if I'm wrong Zippy will see this and correct me, but I think you need to delete both of those and redownload the extender from here just to be safe.

Just checking: You have nvse_loader.exe in the same folder as FalloutNV.exe' date=' correct?

[/quote']

no the NVSE_loader file is currently in a temp folder as im not sure where to place it. on a further note I cannot find FalloutNV.exe its not in the games data folder or anything with NMM. ill check the steam folder as well but If I find it I just copy past that whole folder into the same folder that falloutNV.exe is in? Also I tried to run fallout with some of the sexout plugins enabled and it actually worked and I was able to get into the game however it did not seem like any of the sexout stuff was working (I didnt expect it to work but I expected a CTD)

Kainschilde209: One is the noGore version and they're both included in the download.

doejohn111: As the NVSE instructions state, you need to place the NVSE files IN YOUR FALLOUT NEW VEGAS FOLDER. Not your DATA folder. Not your PLUGINS folder. The FALLOUT NEW VEGAS folder. This is the folder that contains FalloutNV.exe.

Kainschilde209: One is the noGore version and they're both included in the download.

doejohn111: As the NVSE instructions state' date=' you need to place the NVSE files IN YOUR FALLOUT NEW VEGAS FOLDER. Not your DATA folder. Not your PLGUINS folder. The FALLOUT NEW VEGAS folder. This is the folder that contains FalloutNV.exe.

[/quote']

ok I did that the NVSE folder containing the loader is in the falloutNV folder. however nothing happens and if I try to run the loader it just says falloutnv.exe not found. I also have a second folder that it appears was placed in the data folder (this folder contains the two extender files).

You do not place the FOLDER containing the files in there. You place the FILES in there.

did that and ran the loader the game started and I was able to play. Also go the message "sexout is ready" however the plugins I had installed did not seem to work. When I tried to start a new game I got a CTD.

For whatever reason, starting a new game with plugins active can cause CTD consistently. Don't start a new game without deactivating everything but FNV and official DLC. After you gain control of your character you can save, quit, and reactivate the plugins.

Also, define "did not seem to work".

For whatever reason' date=' starting a new game with plugins active can cause CTD consistently. Don't start a new game without deactivating everything but FNV and official DLC. After you gain control of your character you can save, quit, and reactivate the plugins.

Also, define "did not seem to work".

[/quote']

I seem to have them working actually. all I did was start a new game and everything seemed to work. The only thing is the nude body has some majorly screwed up textures but this is likely because I haven't installed any nude body mods and do not have the bnb extender. However the more difficult part seems to be up and running thanks for helping out where you could. Im assuming ill be able to install the nude mods and bnb without a problem so long as they dont conflict with the load order (which to my understanding is just place all .esm's behind .esp's.)

Sexout comes with a nude body. Have you activated Archive Invalidation?

Its always on I understand some mods instruct you to turn it of then back on should I do this? also do I need the bnb skeleton then?

Turn it on and leave it on in FONV. Not sure how many different times I'm going to have to repeat that.. ;) It never needs "toggled" in FONV.

Sexout comes with a nude body. Have you activated Archive Invalidation?

Its always on I understand some mods instruct you to turn it of then back on should I do this? also do I need the bnb skeleton then?

Turn it on and leave it on in FONV. Not sure how many different times I'm going to have to repeat that.. ;) It never needs "toggled" in FONV.

ok well everything seems to be working except the facial expressions (im not sure if they are even supposed to work I just remember reading somewhere that there were files for facial expressions) but thats really just a nit pick at this point thanks for the help it looks like its finally running. Although I am having a bit of trouble with the plugin for the NCRCF im not sure what to do once I get out into the yard also when people approach me all I can say to them is "goodbye" is there another plugin I should have running?

I will disagree with you on that one point. When I returned to FONV and started adding mods (less than 5-6 months ago), I ran into a situation where I started a brand new character, then I installed a body mod (BnB and Breeze), and the female PC looked like it was stitched together by Dr Frankenstein himself. I had to quit, toggle the AI, and reload the game. This corrected the issue. This has happened to me 2-3 times, but usually only when creating a new character (I uninstall all mods, verify cache, start a new game, then reinstall the mods). Haven't seen it when adding a mod mid-game, only when starting fresh.

If you installed it but did not update, then toggling has an effect, but on a fully patched version, toggling it off and on doesn't do anything. The exception is if you manually modify the AI settings between runs, or if you used two MMs at the same time (like FOMM and NMM) on the same game.

Knowing how AII works, on a fully patched FONV used with only one manager, it is flat out impossible for toggling it to have any effect beyond the psychological. In the old days (and in Oblivion and FO3), AI generates a list of overridden files whenever it's turned on. It *needs* to be toggled off and on every time the data files change.

FONV initially worked that way, but hasn't since they changed how the data directory and BSAs are processed in winter 2008.

Edit: FO3 got the patch as well around the same time, so today, only oblivion needs it toggled off and on.

This was a fully patched version of FONV base with only 1 DLC. Is it possible this change was done through DLC and not just an FONV version? I only recently (about 3 weeks ago) downloaded all of the FONV DLC - yea steam specials, cost only $8.00 (US). I haven't seen it recently, but at the time, FONV itself was fully updated and it has happened on more that 1 occasion. And I only use NMM, I do not have both NMM and FOMM installed. Hhhmm, I wonder - since it only seemed to occur at initially starting up, one of the things I do is toss old saves and the ini files, before starting a new game. Maybe rebuilding the ini without the mods installed initially? Don't know. All I can tell you is:

1) FONV most recent version with 1 DLC installed.

2) Starting fresh game (again: remove mods, toss inis, verify cache through steam, start game which rebuilds ini, quit, set the correct video (always picks the wrong one), restart game, start new character, quit (when possible), install mods, restart game).

3) Sometimes (rarely), body looks stitched together. Reset AI through NMM. Restart game. Body looks fine.

I know there's no way I can make you believe it without video/screen caps, so if it does happen again I'll try to get video evidence. Again, I haven't seen it recently, but it did happen.

It wasn't with the DLC, it was a patch to the base game. I'm trying to find exact dates, but it looks like winter 2008. In 2010 they (obsidian) broke it again for a short time. The initial change resulted in an entirely new invalidation method being put out "archive invalidation invalidated!" followed by all the major tools (FOMM, Wrye, etc) copying the technique.

AII creates an empty BSA and then ensures that it is first in the archive list in the fallout_default.ini file. As soon as the game engine encounters the empty BSA, it looks in the data directory *before* moving on to the remaining BSAs.

The only way for AI to be "turned off" in a tool like FOMM, without you turning it off yourself, is for you (yourself or through a tool) to either change the BSA list in the INI file, or remove the empty BSA.

It's not that I don't believe toggling it fixed your problem -- but that the problem was *not* caused by simply installing more stuff to the data directory, because that is absolutely impossible. It's certainly possible that you did something (intentionally, or via a tool) that broke AI in the INI file, the fake BSA, or both. In that case (but only that case), toggling AI in FOMM will fix the issue.

At the time, I was just beginning adding mods to games. Starting with Skyrim, so I was used to using NMM. When I went (back) to Oblivion, FO3, and FONV to mod them, a) they were already updated to current through steam (well FO3 wasn't, it was a store-bought copy, not steam-based so I updated it manually) B) I was too damn worried about breaking things that I would only install mods that I was sure would work through NMM. Never touched a BSA, and the only thing I ever did with an ini was toss it when starting a new character (still do). Again, I haven't had to do it in quite a while, so maybe it was just a (few) freak incidents. Again, if it happens again I'll document it a little better. But like I said, hasn't happened in a while. And probably won't again. Although thinking about it, the one time I know for sure it happened (the first time), I installed several mods, reloaded the game (1st save in doc's house), played around with some of the mods, quit and deleted a couple mods, including AP (wasn't using sexout at the time). Restarted game and that's when it appeared. Again, it happened a couple of time since then, but that one I remember uninstalling the AP mod (and a couple others), then the problem appeared.