Fresh install of FONV' date=' loaded New Vegas Script Extender v3 beta 2.7z ... then placed the v11 Extender into the plugins folder. Upon starting FONV, I get the message that I need version v9 or better and that I am currently using v0. Any ideas?

Update: Silly me, had the NVSE folder under the root and not data ... moved it and works fine now. My bad. :)

[/quote']

I'm getting the same error, but my NVSE folder IS in the data folder. Any ideas for that?

OK, I'm sorry for this, it's probably a stupid oops on my end but I'm having issues. I put the script extender in after figuring out I was putting it in the wrong place to begin with and now NV Crashes when I try to start a new game or load a saved game.

This is what pops up in the windows error thinger:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FalloutNV.exe

Application Version: 1.4.0.525

Application Timestamp: 4e0d50ed

Fault Module Name: nvse_extender.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5039174c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 03fb2970

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Anyone know what might be causing that? I would love to be able to try this out since a friend said I would find the Sexout stuff amusing.

OK' date=' I'm sorry for this, it's probably a stupid oops on my end but I'm having issues. I put the script extender in after figuring out I was putting it in the wrong place to begin with and now NV Crashes when I try to start a new game or load a saved game.

This is what pops up in the windows error thinger:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: FalloutNV.exe

Application Version: 1.4.0.525

Application Timestamp: 4e0d50ed

Fault Module Name: nvse_extender.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5039174c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 03fb2970

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Anyone know what might be causing that? I would love to be able to try this out since a friend said I would find the Sexout stuff amusing.

[/quote']

have you tried re-validating the game files from Steam?

drey_je@excite.com sorry but I'm haveing a problem getting the NVSE extender to load but it constantly crashes when either loading a new game or continue on already saved. I had put my bethesda softworks/fallout new veagas/data/NVSE/Plugin folder and the game crashes as soon as I click continue or new game at the loading screen. Would you know what the problem is thank you for any answers you may have. quote='prideslayer' pid='116817' dateline='1330841569']

I am happy to present to you loyal LL minions my custom NVSE build, and the NVSE extender. This is a plugin for NVSE, providing new script functions for modders, and a custom build of NVSE with save/load support.

Make sure you install the latest BETA of NVSE. As of now, that is NVSE V3 beta 2, available here.

Thank you all for participating in the custom NVSE experiment, with almost 4000 downloads prior to me removing it, and almost no reported problems beyond the nogore hiccup!

Extender Version: 11

- Added exception handling and logging.

Released: 25-Aug-2012

Project source code: nvseex@sourceforge

What does it do?

NVSE Extender provides additional functions available to modders. Some will provide information via the console as well. It uses the save/load notifications to save (and load!) its data whenever the game is saved.

How do I install it?

Install NVSE (v3b2 or newer) as normal, simply extract all the files to your fallout new vegas directory.

Install the extender by extracting the contents to the data/nvse/plugins directory.

What functions are available?

There are eight functions available at present. You may see others if you examine the DLL under a microscope. Do not use them. Only use the published interface. Using anything else WILL cause the mods using it to break in an entirely unpredictable fashion.

Current implemented function list:

NX_GetVersion

Available since: V1

- Returns an integer representing the version (release #), starting from 1.

int (ref.)NX_IsUsingSkeleton name:string (actor:ref)

Available since: V1 Fixed in V6, thanks Ashmedai

- Given a skeleton name fragment and an actor reference (player, NPC, or creature), returns the 1 if the actor is using a skeleton in that directory, 0 otherwise. The directory fragment must match the subdirectory under meshes, and is not case sensitive.

player.NX_IsUsingSkeleton "_male" ; will return 1
player.NX_IsUsingSkeleton "nvgecko" ; will return 0
RexREF.NX_IsUsingSkeleton "_male" ; will return 0
RexREF.NX_IsUsingSkeleton "dog" ; will return 1

int NX_IsInList list:formlist item:object (recurse:int)

Available since: V1 Fixed in V5

- Given a formlist and an item (base object, reference, or dynamic reference), will return 0 if the item is not in the list at all, or a value greater than 0 indicating how the object was found. The recurse flag is an optional integer that should be 1 or 0. It is currently not implemented. In the future, it will search formlists contained within formlists.

0 : item not in list.

1 : item in list exactly.

2 : base form of item in list.

3 : item is a baseform of another item in list.

4 : base form of item is the same as base form of another item in list.

Take the following three vars:

set itemA to AcousticGuitar
set itemB to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1
set itemC to player.placeatme AcousticGuitar 1

And two formlists. List1 contains itemA, list2 contains itemB.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemA" and "NX_IsInList List2 itemB" will both return 1.

"NX_IsInList List1 itemB" will return 2.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemA" will return 3.

"NX_IsInList List2 itemC" will return 4.

Notes on the SetEV* and GetEV* functions:

1. The persist flag, as yet, does nothing. These values are saved with savegames will persist across game sessions.

2. The keys are NOT shared between types. You can safely store a float and a form both under the key 'my key' and they will not overwrite one another. Internally they are stored in entirely separate arrays (maps actually), one per "type."

(ref.)NX_SetEVFl key:string value:float (persist:int)

Available since: V3

- Stores a floating point value with a reference. 'key' is the name for the value used in the SET and GET functions. 511 character maximum.

playerREF.NX_SetEVFl "test value" 3.1415 0

Will create the variable 'test value', associated with the player, and set it equal to 3.1514. This is basically the same thing as an associative array in perl, php, java (via an object), etc. As yet, there is no key iterator.

(ref.)NX_GetEVFl key:string

- Retrieves a floating point value set via the above syntax. Will return 0 if the value has never been set.

(ref.)NX_SetEVFo key:string value:form (persist:int)

Available since: V3 (Fixed in v9)

- See NX_SetEVFl above. This is the same, but stores a form instead (reference, base, or dynamic).

(ref.)NX_GetEVFo key:string

- See NX_GetEVFl above. This is the same but retrieves a form.

(ref.)NX_GetConversationPartner

Available since: V7 Thanks a ton, jaam!

- Returns the current conversation partner if in a conversation AND the NPC initiated the conversation via StartConversation topic. Only makes sense when called on the player. Only works in MENUMODE blocks, as that is where conversations happen. To use in gamemode scripts, just create a menumode block that calls it fairly often and stores the result in a quest var that you can use in GAMEMODE blocks.

someref.startconversation sometopic
; wait a bit, and be in a menumode block
ref = player.NX_GetConversationPartner
; ref now == someref

(ref.)NX_ClrEVFl key (match)

Available since: V9

- Clears out the key on ref.

- Match is optional. If set to 2, clears all keys starting with the one you specify, e.g. "mymod" will clear all keys starting with the string "mymod".

(ref.)NX_ClrEVFo key (match)

Available since: V9

- Same as NX_ClrEVFl, but for the form vars.

Can I include this with my mod, upload it elsewhere, etc?

Sure. You can do whatever you want with it.

If you screw up your players by installing an older version than they already have, you deserve a slap. If you upload it somewhere else and claim to be the author, you can field the bug reports and write the fixes, while rotting in hell.

I'm all about letting people do whatever they want with stuff I create, but be responsible about it and don't be a dick.

What does the future hold?

Many other functions are planned, they are discussed here. Also, Ian of the NVSE team has expressed interest in integrating some of the functionality into core NVSE once they are less busy, and I've agreed to furnish him with the source code to do that.

Sourcecode is available on sourceforge.

Release History:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest luthienanarion

It saddens me that the release thread for this highly useful plugin is 25 pages of people not reading the first post and then arguing about it. Amazing work, prideslayer.

Hey amazing work, I found this series of mods yesterday, and proceeded to download everything for a basic startup which includes both the pregnancy and tryout mods.  I have NVSE 3beta2 (because I have Ghost Armor) and when I started up at first I had the same "NVSE Extender requires v9 and you have v0" on startup.  So I went bact to the start, reread the placement, and put it into data\nvse\plugins.  All OK so far.  I start it up and as a test I load the very same file that I got the message on.  It either, CTD's OR it freezes and causes me to Ctrl-Alt-Delete, start task manager and close that way.  I have an older comp with 4 gigs of ram, and 3.2 gigahertz and have had no problems till now with Fallout NV.

- Oh and waffles I always read, reread and then sometimes re-reread the plugins, mods or game docs to make sure I'm doing everything right.  Granted I'm as human as everyone else and I can have a "Oops I fergot ta do that" moment that's why if I have problems my first idea is to read the 1st post and then the later ones to find out if my prob has been solved and if so how.  I really don't mean to sound annoying but if half of the problems on a computer could be fixed by just restarting it we wouldn't have half the problems lol!

- OK I may have found the problem.  I have checked and double checked and NVSE 3beta2 got overwritten with an earlier version.  I will update this post when I know if this will work.

• 4 months later...

Hi.

I installed NVSE last Beta and extender v11 and I can't have persistants NX_Vars so I think I missed something.

It seems load/save problems are solved in v10 of extender. This includes NX_Vars, are they since v10 persistants or did I misunderstood ?

Syntax I use is :

myref.NX_SetEVFo "D101:Marker::Slave" myFormRef 1

Is the last parameter good ? I use 0/1 for persistant/not persistant

Sorry to awake you :D

Do you think it could be possible to add some "loop" functionality into the NX_ vars.

The end result would be to loop through an array of unknown size of array of unknown size of NX_ vars without requiring string manipulation in script.

So I would need to set starting points that are independent of which mod creates the array and which mod consumes it. (more than one, so I was thinking about using NX_ vars of type p to store them, so the consumer can choose its owns).

A possibility to define or alter a starting point from another starting point.

Next I would need to iterate (Count, First, Next, even Prev and or Last but they are less useful) from that starting point. Using an subkey made of an integer would be the simpliest.

Something like:

NX_SetEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Own:Root"

NX_GetEVFpO/L "My:Own:Pointer" "element"      that would return "My:Own:Root:Element"

NX_ChgEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "subRoot" that would change the pointer to "My:Own:Root:subRoot"

NX_BldEVFp "My:Second:Pointer" "My:Own:Pointer" "subRoot" that would make the new pointer "My:Second:Pointer" point to "My:Own:Root:subRoot:subRoot"

NX_GetFirstEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Own:Item"

that would return a pointer to "My:Own:Pointer:1" in "My:Own:Item"

NX_GetCountEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Own:Item"

that would return how many consecutive entries there are in "My:Own:Pointer" that are integers

NX_GetNextEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Own:Item"

that would return a pointer to the next element (ie "My:Own:Pointer:2" then "My:Own:Pointer:3") in "My:Own:Item"

NX_AddEVFp "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Own:Item"

that would return a pointer to a new element (ie "My:Own:Pointer:Count+1" ) in "My:Own:Item",

make sure that element exists (create a dummy entry ?),

returns the element index so the calling mod can store the info.

NX_GetPrev/LastEVFp  "My:Own:Pointer" "My:Data"

that would give the previous element (not really required)

I am making that up as I type, so it is definitivly not well thought out :)

A few questions about NX variables, I've read as much as I can fins and it seems to confuse me as to how the ":" stuff works, it seems to be a way of being able to clear/reset groups as far as I can see with 3 layers, but I also see "::" in some scripts.

Using:

rZActor,NX_SetEVFI "fBaseBellySize" 3 1

to set an actors belly size to 3.

Is the Persistant flag working yet across saves, I couldn't find it in the thread here and is 1 mean persistant turned on?

Second question, if that was set in Pregnancy and I wanted to check it in an esp with pregnancy as a master would I just use:

Set fBellySize to rZActor,NX_GetEVFI "fBaseBellySize"

And if so what stops 2 or more mods using a variable like "fPlayerHP" and overwriting each other?

Number of colons doesn't really matter at the moment when you pick a string to use, Hal. Once you pick it, you stick with it of course.

I haven't needed to use the persistent flag so far in order for the data to be persistent. Seems to be by default, even survives clean saves.

Second question, if that was set in Pregnancy and I wanted to check it in an esp with pregnancy as a master would I just use:

Set fBellySize to rZActor,NX_GetEVFI "fBaseBellySize"

And if so what stops 2 or more mods using a variable like "fPlayerHP" and overwriting each other?

Yes, and: nothing. The fact that multiple mods can read and manipulate the data is both the pro & the con. I think it's more the former than the latter. You can specify the mod in the string itself, maybe "SOPregnancy:fBaseBellySize", if you're worried about unintended overrides.

The string you use in the call is just a string... those NX vars are what we'd call a "map"... an array of values not indexed by integers, but by "keys" (strings). It doesn't matter what string you choose, just so long as the one you use to write (Set) is the one you use to read (Get). I'd suggest using a good naming scheme though:

ModName:VariableName or ModName:SectionName::VariableName

Examples would be

Sexout:PosX

or

Sexout:Start::ActorA

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to Fallout New vegas and I already ran into a problem ^^

"Install the extender by extracting the contents to the data/nvse/plugins "

I do not have this folder(s) so i made them myself. Will that work to?

I am sure this was asked already but I am to tired to read 25 pages at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Attached to the OP is a new BETA of NVSE.

Note that -- it's a beta of NVSE, not the Extender.

The extender version has not changed and a new download of the extender is not required.

I'd like as many brave souls as possible to test this new NVSE build with the existing extender and report in on any NEW problems with NVSE using mods -- Sexout, Project Nevada, MCM, etc.

I simply don't have the time to playtest even sexout extensively, let alone all possible NVSE using mods. If testing goes well I will try to cajole the silverlock team into putting this up as a new official download.

This adds significant new functionality to NVSE for modders, mostly ported from OBSE, including:

• Get and Set functions for Eyes, Hair, HairLength, HairColor, NPCWeight and NPCHeight.
  • ModFactionRank/SetFactionRank fixes.
  • Script functions: RunScript, GetCurrentScript, GetCallingScript, GetVariable, SetVariable, HasVariable, and others.
  • OBSE expressions including eval, while, loop, foreach, continue, break, etc.
  • OBSE arrays and functions.
  • OBSE strings and functions.
Thanks to JAAM for the changes.