I keep having an issue where several story NPCs, or quest important NPCs will not have their specific quest based dialogue. For example I couldn't speak to Benny and get the platinum chip from him, and I couldn't even give it to Mr. House. Hell I couldn't get Viktor to open the gate to the Lucky 38.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that the AI will freeze in place if you are freeing a captive (the kind used in FO3, wasteland and anchorage captives).

I suspect this is because when you free the captive, they are supposed to say something else immediately and use their flee package. However smaller talk forces them to try to say the "whats up?" greeting to the player, and the AI responds by freezing.

Edit : I had the conversation delay set to 1, if i increase it to 3 seconds, they wont lock up. I suspect its because smaller talk is trying to get the NPC to talk to the player while the NPC is still restrained or standing up.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm in need of assistance. Every time I activate the game, it crashes. 

I have 3 mods

[1] The SexoutNG with all the necessary downloads required. When I type in "~GetNVSEVersion" I get the number signaling it is indeed installed

[2] I have sexoutlite as a mod, it's a single esp file

[3] and these two files for "smaller talk"

I think [2] is good because that just requires me to throw it in a folder and put it in the Mod list 

I've been dabbling around with [3] and several variations with no success

- SmallerTalk.esp by itself in the mod list

- SmallerTalk.fomod by itself 

- both at the same time 

- zipped SmallerTalk.fomod and got the .esp version and put it in by itself. 

- and then put both as .esp files. 

for [1], that's the possible problem because I was unable to find the falloutnv.exe, so I just put the NVSE files at the very bottom and it did get me the "~GetNVSEVersion" confirmation 

I even activated the mods in mod list but turned off the mods in fallout manager, the one that contains all the DLCs. 

any assistance would be welcomes. 

4 hours ago, chinaman55 said:

Hey guys, I'm in need of assistance. Every time I activate the game, it crashes. 

I have 3 mods

[1] The SexoutNG with all the necessary downloads required. When I type in "~GetNVSEVersion" I get the number signaling it is indeed installed

[2] I have sexoutlite as a mod, it's a single esp file

[3] and these two files for "smaller talk"

I think [2] is good because that just requires me to throw it in a folder and put it in the Mod list 

I've been dabbling around with [3] and several variations with no success

- SmallerTalk.esp by itself in the mod list

- SmallerTalk.fomod by itself 

- both at the same time 

- zipped SmallerTalk.fomod and got the .esp version and put it in by itself. 

- and then put both as .esp files. 

for [1], that's the possible problem because I was unable to find the falloutnv.exe, so I just put the NVSE files at the very bottom and it did get me the "~GetNVSEVersion" confirmation 

I even activated the mods in mod list but turned off the mods in fallout manager, the one that contains all the DLCs. 

any assistance would be welcomes. 

Smallertalk.fomod is a special zip file to install the esp in the correct location, using a mod manager.

I think you might have made mistakes in [1] as it is more likely to go wrong

I'd suggest restarting the installs Get Mod Organizer 2 and follow below stuff (that I wrote for a different user with similar problems).

Install NVSE manually

Setup Mod Organizer 2 'profile' to toggle Archive Invalidation

install through MO2: ModConfigurationMenu (MCM), NewVegasAntiCrash (NVAC), NewVegas TickFix,

then install

also don't forget to follow the steps at the bottom of the page as I wasn't allowed to include those resources.

-----------

then redo [2].

[3] is included in SexoutFrameworkAssortment.

• 8 months later...

hi all, im having an issue with this mod. i can initiate the dialogue with "E" however when talking it just gives me the option to say goodbye, no other options. here is my load order

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
Vanilla UI Plus.esp
K2SissySlutRaces.esp
K2SissyStuff03.esp
K2SissyStuff04.esp
Cowboy Radio - Songs only.esp
K2SissyStuff02.esp
King of the Radio.esp
SexoutPosNew.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Slave In Pose NV Plus.esp
st.esp
Restraints - Death Alternative.esp
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
SmallerTalk.esp

Total active plugins: 28
Total plugins: 28

2 hours ago, Anonymoustaco said:

hi all, im having an issue with this mod. i can initiate the dialogue with "E" however when talking it just gives me the option to say goodbye, no other options. here is my load order

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
Vanilla UI Plus.esp
K2SissySlutRaces.esp
K2SissyStuff03.esp
K2SissyStuff04.esp
Cowboy Radio - Songs only.esp
K2SissyStuff02.esp
King of the Radio.esp
SexoutPosNew.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Slave In Pose NV Plus.esp
st.esp
Restraints - Death Alternative.esp
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
SmallerTalk.esp

Total active plugins: 28
Total plugins: 28

this is normal.  The function of this mod is, to give non-interactable NPCs a dialog option, so that other mods can insert dialog (for instance SexoutSex)

basically Smallertalk moves the non-interactable NPCs to the interactable group, so that they can participate in triggers.

1 hour ago, dborg2 said:

this is normal.  The function of this mod is, to give non-interactable NPCs a dialog option, so that other mods can insert dialog (for instance SexoutSex)

basically Smallertalk moves the non-interactable NPCs to the interactable group, so that they can participate in triggers.

ah ok this mod is working correctly, its sexoutsex that's not generating dialogue? 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:15 PM, LoveWomen007 said:

Hello. I tried talking to an NPC, Sunny in particular, but the dialogue remains the same. Is there some fix to this?

Smallertalk is mostly for NPCs WITHOUT dialog, or only with a 'grunt'. on it's own Smallertalk won't change much for NPCs with dialogs.

• 2 weeks later...

A workaround I use for NPCs that when interacted with using SmallerTalk by pressing E, and only generate the "Goodbye" or other non-relevant dialogue, is to get close-ish to them, and HOLD E for maybe 1-1.5 seconds. You have to be just outside their normal conversation range (but you'll still get the dialog prompt) and if it works, you'll see them moving to come talk to you.

That sometimes fixes the problem you guys are describing. But I've had that with SmallerTalk since before SexoutSex, so I assumed it was a small bug or hangup of that mod. Also, in MCM, change the dialogue delay time from 3s to 1s. Makes you wait A LOT LESS time.

GL!

EDIT: Actually, I say workaround, but Astymma (the mod author) noted this as a feature waaay back in 2013, when the mod was released. (Fuck me, it's been nearly ten years...)

So yeah, if that doesn't work, there is something wrong with your installation. OR try an earlier version of NVSE/xNVSE, which has been causing bugs in Sexout recently.

Edited by ChancellorKremlin
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...