7 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

***SPOILER***

You mean the 1st room in which you appear after Ivy's AI persona releases you and Little Debbie? That room with the fountain?

Yeah, there should be a terminal on the wall for you to load a memory archive.

Yes that room, the terminal is missing in my game. I don't know why.

1 hour ago, bishlapped said:

I don't know about this one.

You don't have any mods that alter terminals?

None that I would know of. Interestingly I went the extra mile trying to solve this problem and I opened this room in Creation Kit just to see if the terminal will be there in this developer tool. I never used it before, so I had to google how to look around in the Render window lol, but I guess it was worth it as it revealed that the terminal is really there when rendered in Creation Kit, also this terminal is called _ivy_debstage81Term, so it's not like something that should be directly overwritten by other mods, unless they are trying to change Ivy mod in some way, right? But I don't have any mod that would claim to change anything related to Ivy, besides AAF scenes for Ivy, but that's probably not the problem here.

Ugh... I feel dumb. I forgot that recently I installed this new self-explanatory mod called Player Curses During Lockpicking and Hacking... It turns out it was this mod that caused Ivy's terminal to disappear! I disabled that mod and Ivy's terminal is there now! Well, who needs to curse at the terminal virtually anyway? Now I have a reason to curse in real life trying to resolve issues with mods that break other mods. :lol:

Edited by MrFuturehope

Guys, have you ever had a situation that Ivy gave you back your wedding ring? It just happened to me after she saw me having sex with a different girl. Ugh, are those two things somehow connected? I hope not. Well, it would make sense of course and I would hate to make Ivy upset, but still that was kinda scary, it's a game and I think I remember clearly she said she wouldn't mind if I was with other girls. Is she jealous now? ?

4 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Guys, have you ever had a situation that Ivy gave you back your wedding ring? It just happened to me after she saw me having sex with a different girl. Ugh, are those two things somehow connected? I hope not. Well, it would make sense of course and I would hate to make Ivy upset, but still that was kinda scary, it's a game and I think I remember clearly she said she wouldn't mind if I was with other girls. Is she jealous now? ?

Ivy returns the ring when your relationship with her is not 'deep' enough yet.

17 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Ugh... I feel dumb. I forgot that recently I installed this new self-explanatory mod called Player Curses During Lockpicking and Hacking... It turns out it was this mod that caused Ivy's terminal to disappear! I disabled that mod and Ivy's terminal is there now! Well, who needs to curse at the terminal virtually anyway? Now I have a reason to curse in real life trying to resolve issues with mods that break other mods. :lol:

13 hours ago, bishlapped said:

I guess this is another mod to add to Ivy's incompatibility list.

No. Running with this mod even since before Ivy – never have I noticed any terminal not being where it would be expected to be.

50 minutes ago, compleCCity said:

No. Running with this mod even since before Ivy – never have I noticed any terminal not being where it would be expected to be.

Then the above poster must have some other mod(s) that are working together to cause this.

I've seen similar behavior, where one mod has a strange effect on other mods.

I once had a Skyrim mod that was supposed to modify the EXP you got for smelting metals to their base ingots. But in some cases, it gave NO exp whatsoever.

Turns out, the author had simply edited each individual smelter in the game. So any town or area where a smelter was referenced, couldn't be addressed by the EXP change.

4 hours ago, compleCCity said:

Do you have version 2.2 or older? Asking because version 2.2 claims to bring a minor improvement, I quote "removed two ITMs to avoid a very unlikely but still possible mod conflict" and since there was a problem like this before, who's to say there aren't problems like that anymore? Are you using ESP or ESL version? I was using the latest version 2.2, and I chose ESL file to save a mod slot, but as we know ESL loads after everything else (at least I heard so), so it would make more sense that it could actually affect Ivy negatively if it has potential to cause problems with terminals, since it loads after Ivy. If you were using ESP file instead, chances are you didn't run into the same problem, simply because it didn't override Ivy in the way it did in my case. Also, the mod itself contains configurable holotape that comes with flexible settings for both lockpicking and terminal hacking procedures. Did you configure the mod to affect terminals at all? So yeah, even though this mod seems harmless at first, there are still too many variables to consider here to be sure it really doesn't affect Ivy negatively. I'm not saying that it was 100% this mod that caused Ivy's terminal to be missing, but the terminal certainly showed up when I disabled this mod, so while there was no big harm when I disabled it (only loss being that I won't hear my character cursing anymore), leaving it enabled meant that my game was broken and I couldn't proceed with the quest, so for me it was very easy to decide what should I do about it...

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy returns the ring when your relationship with her is not 'deep' enough yet.

Well, I knew she could return the ring for that reason, she already did that before and she made it clear that when we get to know each other better she may eventually accept it, but the situation I described earlier happened after she already accepted the ring and she still returned it to me, I don't know why. It happened so fast, when I was running, she was far behind me and my character even stopped running and looked back at her as if she had something to tell me, but she didn't say anything (maybe because I was too far away from her at that time? I don't know), but then I noticed that the wedding ring was added to my inventory. It was pretty random, just after having sex with a different woman, so that's why I speculated if that could be the reason.

With the talk lately of giving a Wedding Ring to Ivy, I'm inclined to ask:

Is there supposed to be a dialogue reaction to this? Or a dialogue cue as to when to do it?

I had already reached the point where Ivy loves my character, and her diary entry indicates that she stays with me because she wants to - when I ask her about our relationship, she affirms that she loves me and doesn't want to be with anyone else.

Gave her a wedding ring tonight, but there was no visual or dialogue reaction, and no change to her diary entries.

Even went to DC to see if maybe there was an interaction with Pastor Clements to perform a ceremony or something, but no change.

Is there something I'm missing?

18 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Do you have version 2.2 or older? Asking because version 2.2 claims to bring a minor improvement, I quote "removed two ITMs to avoid a very unlikely but still possible mod conflict" and since there was a problem like this before, who's to say there aren't problems like that anymore? Are you using ESP or ESL version? I was using the latest version 2.2, and I chose ESL file to save a mod slot, but as we know ESL loads after everything else (at least I heard so), so it would make more sense that it could actually affect Ivy negatively if it has potential to cause problems with terminals, since it loads after Ivy. If you were using ESP file instead, chances are you didn't run into the same problem, simply because it didn't override Ivy in the way it did in my case. Also, the mod itself contains configurable holotape that comes with flexible settings for both lockpicking and terminal hacking procedures. Did you configure the mod to affect terminals at all? So yeah, even though this mod seems harmless at first, there are still too many variables to consider here to be sure it really doesn't affect Ivy negatively. I'm not saying that it was 100% this mod that caused Ivy's terminal to be missing, but the terminal certainly showed up when I disabled this mod, so while there was no big harm when I disabled it (only loss being that I won't hear my character cursing anymore), leaving it enabled meant that my game was broken and I couldn't proceed with the quest, so for me it was very easy to decide what should I do about it...

Of course I used the latest version, so 2.2. Also, if an ESL/ESLification is available, that's the one I usually download. So, our mod versions are the same.
Haven't done technical research on "ESL loads after everything else", but at least in my load order, ESLs are above ESPs, so would be loaded before. However, Companion Ivy is an ESM, only the quests plugin ("Into the deep") an ESP. My LO, regarding these:

1. CompanionIvy.esm
  2. […]
  3. HCKTerminalHack.esl
  4. […]
  5. CompanionIvy_quest.esp

AFAIK, I kept the default settings in the holotape, i.e. everything enabled, including terminal hacking, no filters.

It will be like bishlapped said: most likely there are "mod(s) that are working together to cause this" in your load order.

41 minutes ago, compleCCity said:

Did you give her your or your spouse's wedding ring? It needs to be the spouse's, as far as i know.

Pretty sure it was the spouses. I might have gotten the two rings mixed up very early in the playthrough though, so.....

maybe I'll try swapping them around tonight and see if that makes a difference.

About the ring... I had 4 wedding rings in my inventory, don't ask where did I get them, because I have no idea. They all occupied the same inventory slot, so they were basically the same type of item, how exactly is the game supposed to recognize which one of them is the one from your spouse? I have no idea...

39 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

About the ring... I had 4 wedding rings in my inventory, don't ask where did I get them, because I have no idea. They all occupied the same inventory slot, so they were basically the same type of item, how exactly is the game supposed to recognize which one of them is the one from your spouse? I have no idea...

Form ID for the spouse ring is 0007C70C.

Hi Reginald,

Are you alright with translations?

I'd like to translate the mod in italian.

If there's no problem with it,

Should I publish it only here on LL, or can I publish on the nexus too?

TY

albie

Edited by ialbie
On 6/16/2021 at 8:29 PM, MrFuturehope said:

Can't think of Ivy been Jelous... she screws anyone! and offers you another girls., so... ????

28 minutes ago, ialbie said:

Hi Reginald,

Are you alright with translations?

I'd like to translate the mod in italian.

If there's no problem with it,

Should I publish it only here on LL, or can I publish on the nexus too?

TY

albie

Yes, that's fine.

BUT Nexus is a no-no for now.

Publish here. :)

51 minutes ago, Gamaramdi said:

Can't think of Ivy been Jelous... she screws anyone! and offers you another girls., so... ????

In the meantime, I noticed she can randomly return the wedding ring, even when I just start talking to her. It seems like a bug or maybe another mod conflict? I have no idea. I did my best to get rid of everything that could break Ivy this time, so I'm clueless here... ?

Ok, as to the wedding ring and my experience. I'd been in the gameplay with her for quite a while, way past when I got hyper combat mode from her. I think her affinity level was probably maxed out with me. I just one day randomly decided to give her the ring, I'm not sure which ring it was, she then started immediately a dialogue with me which I can't remember the specifics but it was something like "Wait, Wow!, what did you just do, you gave me a wedding ring, Wow!, this is really a big deal!, etc. So, she never did bring up the subject beforehand. I was looking at her diary a little later, and she had an entry that I gave her the ring, how happy she was and if that meant we were married now, even though there weren't any preachers to conduct the ceremony, (something like this). She never has given it back, and that was quite a while back in my gameplay. I never have screwed any other woman, so I do think that has something to do with it. I never turned off her prostitution mode, I left her settings as she wanted them to be. 

Believe it or not, but it is uncanny at times as to how she is so much like some real women in the real world. They do expect to screw who they want (clients), but woe to you if you do so. They view that as just "business", and if you tell them that you want them to stop, they start feeling like you're treating them as "property", and questioning them as to their love for you. And, for us men, most of us would find this type of relationship unworkable, but it does exist, with all the abuse that some women have gone thru. 

There's nothing in Ivy programmed for her to return the ring, other than 2 circumstances:

- You made her angry about something (she will always tell you this, you only make her angry by denying her quests or telling her 'no' constantly to questions she asks)

- You gave her the ring before max affinity (she'll think you are manipulating her)

She'll never mind you engaging with any other partner in game (or multiple) and will in fact encourage such behavior. ;)

Edited by Reginald_001