• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 3:20 PM, Reginald_001 said:
On 9/11/2023 at 9:52 PM, jdf088 said:

New Bitmap Image.bmp 668.3 kB · 2 downloads

Wyre Bash plugin checker is showing that it's got a deleted base record and could cause crashes. My crash logs seem to point to Ivy being responsible for a lot of my recent crashes.

Nope. Not a single record is deleted in Ivy's ESM. Wyre Bash is wrong or you used it incorrectly.

This is untrue.

The Record in Question is  \ [02] CompanionIvy.esm \ [30] GRUP Top "QUST" \ [56] GRUP Quest Children of Min01 "Sanctuary" [QUST:0005DEE4] \ [36] [DIAL:00072DFB] \ [1] Record Header. (Copied from xEdit) Its a base game Dialog which gets changed but ultimately marked as deleted by CompanionIvy.esm. Used Version is the current 6.1.
Probaply a mistake and the Record can be undeleted as is.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:26 PM, MSEdgeView said:
On 10/11/2023 at 10:06 PM, MSEdgeView said:

Can you tell me why my erotic service menu looks like this? I can't seem to get around to get the "normal" messages to show up.

All other menus seem to be ok. I'm using XDI (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216)

image.png.c5dfb1f52a5e6412ee09dc9f42830f15.png

(ps. besides that, amazing companion mod. really well done!)

Expand  

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't seem to get this to work correctly. Or is this the correct behavior when using Extended Dialogue Interface?

Ivy doesn't work completely with XDI. NO, not even the new version 6. However the Errors are minor. The worst one is probably what you are currently witnessing where the Dialogue ist different chades of yes.
Try https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57868?tab=description
However this mod has 15 deleted Records. Precisely for this issue it seems. Uneccassary as well, I think but im not sure.

Not sure why but the layout of the post breaks, when I try to edit my post?
Anyway the version I uploaded doesn't have those 15 deleted records. Instead the original values from Ivy are overwritten.

Still needs the original mod for sound files. (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57868?tab=description)
Just overwrite the esp from the mod with this one. untested.

Deleted. See Post(s) below.

Edited by V3rius
1 hour ago, V3rius said:

This is untrue.

The Record in Question is  \ [02] CompanionIvy.esm \ [30] GRUP Top "QUST" \ [56] GRUP Quest Children of Min01 "Sanctuary" [QUST:0005DEE4] \ [36] [DIAL:00072DFB] \ [1] Record Header. (Copied from xEdit) Its a base game Dialog which gets changed but ultimately marked as deleted by CompanionIvy.esm. Used Version is the current 6.1.

That is by design and won't interfere. It is utterly not an issue.

Functionally, no content is missed, if it is, it's a line or dialog interfering with something for Ivy.

The XDI mod is for 5.0 and not recommended to be used with Ivy.

Edited by Reginald_001
35 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:
1 hour ago, V3rius said:

This is untrue.

That is by design and won't interfere. Best not to confuse the casual users into thinking this might be an issue. It is utterly not. Functionally, no content is missed, if it is, it's a line or dialog interfering with something for Ivy.

Its still a deleted base reference. The User was right as well as Wyre Bash.
Im also very hesitant to say that a deleted base reference is not an issue. If another mod references the Dialogue strange things might happen. That being said Dialogues are the least likely to hurt. Normally the Dialogue just doesn't fire or silent conversations (fish gulps) happen.
I still would either delete the entry from the mod (aka stay vanilla) or undelete it if it can be used. Not sure what the "best practice" is though to disable Vanilla Dialogue.

35 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

The XDI mod is for 5.0 and not recommended to be used with Ivy.

The mod is explicitly stated for 6.0 and seems to fix the excact problem MSEdgeView had. Though, as the author I trust you to know better then me and will delete the esp and don't use the mod. Especially since I currently can't test anything myself.

Edit: Also considering the mod is almost a year older then the mod it tries to patch it's probably not a bad idea to be cautiuos if it anyway lol.

Edited by V3rius
1 hour ago, V3rius said:

Though, as the author I trust you to know better then me and will delete the esp and don't use the mod. Especially since I currently can't test anything myself.

Listen to daddy. He knows best. ;)

Hi,

Is there a way to make Ivy comment only once on each issue of a magazine? In one play-through I found more then 10 copies of some of the magazines (with Loot Detector it's very easy to spot them) and she repeats the same comments every time I pick it up. The only solution I found is to remember which magazines I've already have and not pick them up.

8 hours ago, laleh said:

Hi,

Is there a way to make Ivy comment only once on each issue of a magazine? In one play-through I found more then 10 copies of some of the magazines (with Loot Detector it's very easy to spot them) and she repeats the same comments every time I pick it up. The only solution I found is to remember which magazines I've already have and not pick them up.

There is. You can make the lines 'say once', it's just a check box.

But there's an issue with that. Sometimes Often she is interrupted (due to any circumstances, like combat) and then the line will not be spoken again, ever. So I'd need to make some kind of smart system, where the script remembers each of the 74 magazines and checks whether Ivy made it to the last line of her dialog. But then the script gets bloated beyond belief.

So as a compromise, I added the controller holotape for the magazine settings, where you can make her say short lines like 'nice mag', etc.. but that's for all mags. That way you can pick up all the mags in the field, once home, enable her full lines, and pick them up at your leisure to hear her lines.

Edited by Reginald_001
1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

There is. You can make the lines 'say once', it's just a check box.

But there's an issue with that. Sometimes Often she is interrupted (due to any circumstances, like combat) and then the line will not be spoken again, ever.

I don't mind if I miss some of the comments, because I already have several play-throughs with her. Where is this "check box"- in a holo-tape or xEdit.

And thank you and VA for the great companion!

I have searched around but I could not find anything about this so far, although I am can't believe that I am the first one to have found/notice this. So I apologize if could not find the answer. In my "Companion Ivy 6.1" there is a texture file that is 0 bytes and I found this with "dds texture scanner" that reported it as corrupted. I re-downloaded the latest file again but it is also 0 bytes in the new download.

The file is "Fallout 4\Data\Textures\SetDressing\Ivy\ivy_art_misc01.dds" and it is in the loose files.

Is there a new file or fix for this or can this possibly be on purpose, it does seem wrong, maybe the file is not used ?. 

I checked my older versions of ivy 5.x but they do not contain this particular texture file.

I was planning on just duplicating the "ivy_art_02.dds" file and renaming it to this so that the file at least is not 0 bytes.

Thanks, and I am sorry if i have missed this answer somewhere.

Thanks for this great mod.

2 minutes ago, HellPhantom said:

I have searched around but I could not find anything about this so far, although I am can't believe that I am the first one to have found/notice this. So I apologize if could not find the answer. In my "Companion Ivy 6.1" there is a texture file that is 0 bytes and I found this with "dds texture scanner" that reported it as corrupted. I re-downloaded the latest file again but it is also 0 bytes in the new download.

The file is "Fallout 4\Data\Textures\SetDressing\Ivy\ivy_art_misc01.dds" and it is in the loose files.

Is there a new file or fix for this or can this possibly be on purpose, it does seem wrong, maybe the file is not used ?. 

I checked my older versions of ivy 5.x but they do not contain this particular texture file.

I was planning on just duplicating the "ivy_art_02.dds" file and renaming it to this so that the file at least is not 0 bytes.

Thanks, and I am sorry if i have missed this answer somewhere.

Thanks for this great mod.

It's not used. You can ignore it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

great mod

personal usage report

i wanted to take Ivy with me and sometimes a couple of others so i tried

Unlimited Companions = Ivy broken

UCF {it uses the EFF.esp plugin (not the same thing as Unlimited Companions)} = Ivy works mostly, the quests fire (for me), but some random dialogues may/will be missing

AFT = Ivy totally broken or works just fine, unless used just right when recruiting Ivy will be totally broken.

the way i had AFT and Ivy both work was to do the following.

leave Sanctuary and listen to radio so Recruit Ivy quest shows up 

go to Ivy's Place and talk to her (without the voucher) and after dialogue do NOT leave Ivy's Place.

use AFT feature to "ignore this NPC" (Ivy has not been recruited yet).

leave and go get voucher.

recruit Ivy as normal (everything worked fine because AFT does not "see" Ivy at all anymore). 

if you recruit/try to recruit Ivy before using AFT's ignore npc feature Ivy WILL be broken.

using UCF (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829) in my games currently.

in current game i currently have Ivy, Heather Casdin, (Wastelander) Barb, and Nora (spouse companion) and it is working.

in previous game i had Ivy, Heather Casdin, (Wastelander) Barb, (Project) Valkyrie, Piper, Cait, and Synth Curie all at the same time and it worked.

i have to say that Ivy is the best follower/companion mod i have ever played with (games i have played with companions include but not limited to

Dragon Age, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout NV and yes Ivy was the best available for that game too).

so i just have to say THANK you for the AWESOME Ivy Companion mod.

I think i broke Ivy, i can no longer access her dialogue. The dialogue tree will appear and i'll press talk, but no menu, and this is over a hundred hours plus into the game. I feel like i bugged her quests. Hypercombat i accessed her holotape when she wasn't with me, when i found her again i missed all the dialogue that follows that quest, and the quest remains active in my journal from here on out.

Similarly i found all of Mercy's documents, and dress, again without Ivy present. When i found her to see if she would mention something, that's when i ran into this no dialogue problem.

I do use multi-follower mods which can conflict, and XDI with a patch, and unfortunately i found out late that i had Liga which is incompatible, but apart from that i can't figure the problem.

I tried to get around it, accessing her holotape, redoing her survey, but her main dialogue menu won't work. Her affinity with me is 1000+, and haven't started Nuka World yet.

Is there a setstage to forementioned quests i could try, or would that bug it further, or is there another workaround that might work?. Any help would be great.

Promise to not let her leave my side again.😄

6 hours ago, igorkeri said:

I think i broke Ivy, i can no longer access her dialogue. The dialogue tree will appear and i'll press talk, but no menu, and this is over a hundred hours plus into the game. I feel like i bugged her quests. Hypercombat i accessed her holotape when she wasn't with me, when i found her again i missed all the dialogue that follows that quest, and the quest remains active in my journal from here on out.

Similarly i found all of Mercy's documents, and dress, again without Ivy present. When i found her to see if she would mention something, that's when i ran into this no dialogue problem.

I do use multi-follower mods which can conflict, and XDI with a patch, and unfortunately i found out late that i had Liga which is incompatible, but apart from that i can't figure the problem.

I tried to get around it, accessing her holotape, redoing her survey, but her main dialogue menu won't work. Her affinity with me is 1000+, and haven't started Nuka World yet.

Is there a setstage to forementioned quests i could try, or would that bug it further, or is there another workaround that might work?. Any help would be great.

Promise to not let her leave my side again.😄

couple of things to mention 

1 - the XDI patch is not for the current version of Ivy (just check the dates of mod versus patch last updated)

2 - you can find Mercy's Documents and Dress without Ivy with you and she should talk about them when she is with you again. (see point 4)

3 - Liga unknown on compatabilty, but the creator of Ivy only says RAM-FM is compatible and that any other multi-follower mod can break Ivy.

RAM-FM is available on discord, see Reginald_001 signature to find it 

4 - this sounds like the vanilla companion not talking issue (bug).  to check you can try talking to a "regular" follower and see if you can get them

to respond to you.  try with a vanilla follower (McCready is easy to hire).  if when recruited and you try to talk to them they also do not respond

you have this issue. the issue is caused by leaving during a scripted dialogue (like Vadim talking to start Confidence Man quest). the solution

(if this is your issue) is to go back and let the scripted dialogue finish, but the problem is sometimes it might be very hard to find who was

supposed to finish talking.  something you can try (to help narrow down when it occurred) is to try rolling back your save game and see when

the issue first showed up.

5 - Hypercombat quest needs Ivy with you when you install it (with the decryption key) for it to work right, so probably anything done after that will

still have Ivy in a broken state.  sadly this means you will (almost) certainly have to roll back or start a new game to fix it. it is possible

(but not likely) to have Ivy start working again anyway if the issue is the one i talk about in point 4, but the most likely outcome is a roll back

to a previous save game.  something you can try if it is the issue in point 4 that was stopping her main dialogue is to re-install Hypercombat

with Ivy with you after you have resolved it.

i just ran into point 4 myself (with Vadim) and thought i had somehow broken Ivy due to checking the dialogue issue with what i thought was

a generic follower and it turned out the follower was a custom one so would have dialogue, but when i checked with a vanilla follower (McCready)

he would not talk to me when following so i found out it was that issue.

hope the information helps.

Cheers for that.

I hoped it might point 4, I had a similar issue with Preston a while back, but every other follower works as normal. The Hypercombat issue was a while ago, but she managed to be fine after that, working as normal. She still says idle dialogue fine, comments on current quests i'm on or just started, but it's when i initiate dialogue, nothing happens, meaning i can't talk to her about Mercy or give her her secondary processor, whether she's with me or not.

I noticed in her holotape under 'Dismissing Ivy', that one of two things will happen, one being she will return to her home or settlement of choice, or secondly, become a 'light follower', meaning she will stay close to the player but cannot be commanded. I feel like this is the problem i'm encountering, but i can't find any information as to reverse the 'light follower' option. Considering i can still trade with her, order her to unlock terminals and such, it seems likely this is the issue.

9 hours ago, igorkeri said:

Cheers for that.

I hoped it might point 4, I had a similar issue with Preston a while back, but every other follower works as normal. The Hypercombat issue was a while ago, but she managed to be fine after that, working as normal. She still says idle dialogue fine, comments on current quests i'm on or just started, but it's when i initiate dialogue, nothing happens, meaning i can't talk to her about Mercy or give her her secondary processor, whether she's with me or not.

I noticed in her holotape under 'Dismissing Ivy', that one of two things will happen, one being she will return to her home or settlement of choice, or secondly, become a 'light follower', meaning she will stay close to the player but cannot be commanded. I feel like this is the problem i'm encountering, but i can't find any information as to reverse the 'light follower' option. Considering i can still trade with her, order her to unlock terminals and such, it seems likely this is the issue.

if it is her becoming a "light" follower i have no clue.

two more thing you can check to make sure it is not something else

1 - did you have a companion that hit an affinity talking point?  example - McCready will ask you to go kill Winlock and Barnes ..then later to go to Med-Tek.

if you had a companion hit one of those type points but did not have the dialogue it can cause this or something real similar to it.

2 - this one can be a pain to check - did you walk away from a settler requesting help?  even if you did not engage in dialogue with them at all if a settler asks

for help it can cause a bug that act very much like this.  ugghh the only way i know of to check this is to go to every settlement you have discovered and try 

talking to each settler there to see if that one requested help, and what makes it worse is it will not show in quest log as you did not actually start their

quest.

if it is not either of those i wish you luck in solving it.

13 minutes ago, Zakiti said:

Is it safe to forward the ufo4p quest changes into ivy's altered vanilla quests 

or should I leave them as they are? 

Don't think it's an issue. You might lose a few lines from Ivy?

I never heard it was an issue either way.

26 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Don't think it's an issue. You might lose a few lines from Ivy?

I never heard it was an issue either way.

Thank you very much for your answer. Then I'll just leave Ivy as the conflict winner. I'm very excited about the mod.

On 1/10/2024 at 2:13 PM, Flanker69 said:

I am so amazed of all the small details you put into Ivy!

All her detailed facial expressions is a huge one to me, not to take away from all other aspects of her.

2 versions from recent playthroughs

20240110064542_1.jpg

20240108060408_1.jpg

may I know what you did to change her appearance? do all female NPCs in the game use that bodyslide preset?

2 hours ago, SgtPorkchop91 said:

may I know what you did to change her appearance? do all female NPCs in the game use that bodyslide preset?

Sure. For hairs I mostly use either Mischairstyle or Anto hair pack. I believe these pictures are using Mischairstyle.

Body, I use FusionGirl, where I created 5-6 different presets. Then I use ZeX-ZBG-1.3 to apply different presets to NPC. For Ivy (who has ID 0803 in CompanionIvy.esm) I select a preset I prefer to be her look. Finally I tweaked her face a bit in Looksmenu.

To answer your second question, not all NPC use the same preset. With ZeX-ZBG-1.3 NPC will get a random body preset, unless their ID is specified in morphs.ini

Video that taught me how to do this: https://youtu.be/Mvp_SceIDmo?si=WhzfRVpkSoulX6KH

Edited by Flanker69
On 3/2/2024 at 1:36 AM, Flanker69 said:

Sure. For hairs I mostly use either Mischairstyle or Anto hair pack. I believe these pictures are using Mischairstyle.

Body, I use FusionGirl, where I created 5-6 different presets. Then I use ZeX-ZBG-1.3 to apply different presets to NPC. For Ivy (who has ID 0803 in CompanionIvy.esm) I select a preset I prefer to be her look. Finally I tweaked her face a bit in Looksmenu.

To answer your second question, not all NPC use the same preset. With ZeX-ZBG-1.3 NPC will get a random body preset, unless their ID is specified in morphs.ini

Video that taught me how to do this: https://youtu.be/Mvp_SceIDmo?si=WhzfRVpkSoulX6KH

so I followed your tips and the instructions from the video. I zeroed out the sliders for the Vanilla and FG outfits. I also edited the morphs.ini to include FG bodies for specific NPCs, but when I booted up the game. I am hit with the brown face bug and am not sure if the FG bodies were applied.

Example: I gave Piper the Appleseed FG outfit from FG Conversions page and used this body preset according to the video you shared. When she wore the outfit, she now looks like the image below.

Not sure if I fumbled somewhere with the body and face textures. For Face I use: HiPoly Faces Redux, Natural 2K Face Textures and its compat patches. For Body I'm using Darling Skin replacer

20240306183512_1.jpg