Hopefully not too important for others, but exciting news for me. I just saw this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/75216 Escape Freeze fix go up a few days back, thought "Huh that sounds a lot like the issues I was having with Ivy a few months back that made her unusable for me", and lo and behold this fixes it. I still get a couple seconds of freeze when entering combat, but then it just unhitches and goes back to normal! I can finally use her again!

Far Harbor Development Update

There's nothing other to say than that it's going fantastically wild beyond my expectations well. So well in fact that I sometimes wonder if a muse landed in my home to accompany me during this journey into what may be one of Ivy's last true adventures (in Fallout 4). You'll find new NPC's, encounter strange fellows and time travelers. You'll have your heart broken (again) and lifted up by Ivy's never ceasing positive attitude. And together you'll get through anything.

About 75% of all vanilla quest integration is done. All of Ivy's locational dialogue is done. I'm 50% into her own quests on the Island. You'll also find a nice upgrade for Ivy in one of the custom quests that take place for Ivy in the Island that increases her hacking capabilities enormously. There will be multiple new custom cells and locations too, including what may be the most advanced player home I ever built for Fallout 4. It will be a nice place to settle down from your adventures on the Island for you and Ivy (and any followers you have with you).

Oh and you can play Quant! with Ivy. Which she really really likes.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:06 PM, MSEdgeView said:

Can you tell me why my erotic service menu looks like this? I can't seem to get around to get the "normal" messages to show up.

All other menus seem to be ok. I'm using XDI (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216)

image.png.c5dfb1f52a5e6412ee09dc9f42830f15.png

(ps. besides that, amazing companion mod. really well done!)

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't seem to get this to work correctly. Or is this the correct behavior when using Extended Dialogue Interface?

On 10/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, Reginald_001 said:

Far Harbor Development Update

There's nothing other to say than that it's going fantastically wild beyond my expectations well. So well in fact that I sometimes wonder if a muse landed in my home to accompany me during this journey into what may be one of Ivy's last true adventures (in Fallout 4). You'll find new NPC's, encounter strange fellows and time travelers. You'll have your heart broken (again) and lifted up by Ivy's never ceasing positive attitude. And together you'll get through anything.

About 75% of all vanilla quest integration is done. All of Ivy's locational dialogue is done. I'm 50% into her own quests on the Island. You'll also find a nice upgrade for Ivy in one of the custom quests that take place for Ivy in the Island that increases her hacking capabilities enormously. There will be multiple new custom cells and locations too, including what may be the most advanced player home I ever built for Fallout 4. It will be a nice place to settle down from your adventures on the Island for you and Ivy (and any followers you have with you).

Oh and you can play Quant! with Ivy. Which she really really likes.

Should get marry muse, prob?

"I always cooked for myself. I decided to get married. Now I'm cooking for two"

On 8/18/2023 at 1:56 AM, IBAGadget said:

The file should be CompanionIvy6.1.7z

It's a .7z archive, don't unpack it before you install it. Don't forget to Enable it after installing, then Deploy your modlist

What I am seeing is that Vortex puts the entire archive in the Data folder without actually unpacking it. Never seen this before. The previous version installs normally. I'm on a complete rebuild of my F04 installation after moving everything to a new SSD. I started to install the latest version of Ivy manually after realizing what Vortex was doing, then thought better of that. I've played her all the way through, including NW, a few times and while there are some things that I find curious (e.g., whenever I eat something she comments with one dialogue variation or another that we should take all we can find, as though I just looted my own pockets -- I am using Advanced Needs 76 and FallUI - Complex Sorter, if that matters), nothing about my previous runs were broken or anything. So I'm sticking with the previous version for now.

EDIT: Figured it out. It appears that the main archive is packed inside a separate one, like a kind of shell. Once I ran a basic 7-Zip extraction on the initial download, Vortex was able to install that secondary archive just fine. I have never had to do anything like this before. Here is a visual:

Companion Ivy Zips.jpg

Edited by Rambean
8 hours ago, Nahema said:

Does Ivy have comments when getting swapped with vanilla and DLC companions? I could almost swear she had some of that and now she's not commenting about for some reason - I didn't installed AFT or anything similar to it.

I don't think so. If there are, there's one or two.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought FO4 had only 3 excellent companion mods: Heather, Ellen and Darlene.

Until I came across this. This bumps the number up to 4. I'll give it a shot. I assume it'll be safe to update your mod mid-save whenever you release more updates?

Additionally;

1. In that Quant clip, Ivy has eyes that are visible in darkness. What eye mod is that?

2. I'm using PANPC + PACE + Liga companions mod (currently planning to have all known good companion mods aka Heather, Ellen, Darlene in the team). Are those mods good to roll with Ivy or do you suggest cracking down the number of companions to 2 or fewer?

Thanks! You are clearly dedicated in this project. I wondered if you ever thought of uploading it to Nexus? You could potentially have a highly popular companion mod out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wall of text, I just have to say a lot about your mod. Do not worry, all of it is good.

I'm going to be honest. I downloaded IVY because I was horny, and curious. And let me tell you, that is quite possibly the second time in my life that being horny while using the computer has gotten me a net positive. Not to get too deep into it, I ended up dressing her up in an Enclave outfit (mix of Dicky's and Pampas) as my sort of "sidekick" for my current America Rising 2 playthrough. Not really thinking about her mod that much after finishing the deed, I just had her run around with me because she gave me a sort of "Dude Where's My Car" vibe, in the sense of two immature people getting up to all sorts of dumb shenanigans. I almost fell out of my chair when she started talking about scat in front of General Ward. After accidentally fulfilling the Affinity requirements for "Into the Deep", I could not believe my eyes, ears or what I was reading. Here, hiding behind a seemingly dumb booby mod, was

Spoiler

a soul-crushing story, that I interpreted for myself being, of a far too little talked about phenomenon: Hypersexualisation stemming from childhood trauma. And while my interpretation as such may be farfetched, and may be allegorical (IVY vs Deborah, IVY as another persona, a front to seek strength in what made her feel weak) and surely beyond authorial intent, as somebody who went through very intense childhood trauma that led to me seeing sex as a coping mechanism, as self-validation, I felt such a deep and immense feeling inside me that I had never expected to ever see from a Fallout 4 mod (I am, at the core of my being, a New Vegas fanboy lol).

Yeah, I am probably reading way too much into this, and I hope that I do not come off as some pseudo-intellectual, but honestly, I would like to find a mod where you can genuinely, non-sexually give NPCs a warm hug, so I can tell her that I'll be there. She morphed from a sexual object within a video game to a multi-faceted character I now see as a companion, in the literal sense of the word (within the game, I'm not so far gone I made a tulpa XD). The only other piece of media that hit closer to home for me was Jack Stauber's "Opal". From what I understand, you are also German, like myself, and if I ever have the pleasure to meet you someday, maybe you'll announce you're going to a convention or something, I hope to be able to shake your hand and thank you in person. IVY ranks, for me, among the greats of the Story/Quest mods, like The North Road, Beyond Boulder Dome, The Machine and Her, and VIGILANT. And I haven't even finished it yet. I literally just completed "Into the Deep" 10 minutes ago. I need a cigarette...

this mod have too many ba2 files, and my game crash after go to main menu a few second . please upload a loose version

i try unpack ba2 but have this

File Not Written: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_d.dds

File Not Written: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_msn.dds

File Not Written: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_s.dds

Vor 32 Minuten sagte Nam An:

Dieser Mod hat zu viele BA2-Dateien und mein Spiel stürzt ab, nachdem ich ein paar Sekunden lang zum Hauptmenü gegangen bin. Bitte laden Sie eine lose Version hoch

Ich versuche, ba2 zu entpacken, habe aber dieses

Datei nicht geschrieben: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_d.dds

Datei nicht geschrieben: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_msn.dds

Datei nicht geschrieben: Textures/Actors/Character/FaceCustomization/CompanionIvy.esp/00000803_s.dds

Sounds like too many mods on your side (ESP limit)... but that is ultimately YOUR problem... and not the mod author's

10 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Sounds like too many mods on your side (ESP limit)... but that is ultimately YOUR problem... and not the mod author's

Similarly, there is also a BA2 limit which will vary from person to person.  The OP has probably hit that.

For @Nam An, Ivy is such a big mod you might not want to unpack the BA2 files associated with it.  You might be better off instead finding one of your mods that has a small file size and unpacking that one instead.  BA2 format helps large files load more efficiently.

I installed this mod in the middle of my playthrough and the quest to recruit her doesn't seem to be starting. I looked up how to recruit her and found out that I need a voucher, but when I went to the suitcase it's not there because the recruitment quest hasn't started. Is there a console command I can use to forcefully start or finish her recruitment quest? I'm really interested in this mod and don't think I can wait until a second playthrough to play with her

15 minutes ago, KanManAttic35 said:

I installed this mod in the middle of my playthrough and the quest to recruit her doesn't seem to be starting. I looked up how to recruit her and found out that I need a voucher, but when I went to the suitcase it's not there because the recruitment quest hasn't started. Is there a console command I can use to forcefully start or finish her recruitment quest? I'm really interested in this mod and don't think I can wait until a second playthrough to play with her

I think it needs a new game