Well, that was interesting.  :/  Had a less-than-optimal experience running a vanilla quest with Ivy.  Mind you, *SHE* preformed fine, but the Fallout 4 quest made me pull my hair out...and I'm bald on top, so you can imagine how well that went...lol.  I got through it fine, but I'm hoping you all can give me some advice for my next game so I can get through it better.

We're talking about "The Silver Shroud" quest here.  Drove me crazy as Hancock was less than cooperative during it.  I had already completed "The Dig", which puts Hancock into his "Hancock is available to be your companion" mode.  Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but even hiring him with RAM-FM wasn't enough to get him past this.  It did the first time during the Shroud quest when you have to talk to Hancock to get cued to go and fight Northy and Smiling Kate (talk to Hancock, he just says he'd like to be hired...break contact, hire him with RAM-FM, talk to him, get the Smiling Kate and Northy conversation, fire him with RAM-FM, move on), but the quest objective "Talk to Hancock" stayed active, and he moves to the front of his home.

I finished off Sinjin and returned back to Goodneighbor, thinking Hancock would just move back into the State House for the final talk with Kent...but nope, he was standing out front of the State House, waiting to be hired.  :/ Had to hire him again using RAM-FM and bring him into the State House to wrap things up.  Finished the quest...but the objective "Talk to Hancock" stayed active and Hancock himself was still a quest target.  The only way I could clear it was to fire him by way of RAM-FM, hire him the vanilla way, firing Ivy of course, then fire Hancock and re-hire Ivy.

My first thought is to make sure to do "The Silver Shroud" quest before doing "The Dig", but that still leaves me nervous about what happens then.  Likely Hancock will still force his way into your party by only telling the player he's willing to be hired rather than wrapping up any questlines around him...or at least that's my thoughts, here. 

Is there any way to get past this other than the roundabout way I took?

1 hour ago, TolstoyTony6265 said:

Nun, das war interessant. :/Hatte eine weniger als optimale Erfahrung bei der Durchführung einer Vanilla-Quest mit Ivy. Wohlgemerkt, *SIE* hat sich gut entwickelt, aber die Fallout 4-Quest hat mich dazu gebracht, mir die Haare zu raufen ... und ich bin oben kahl, also können Sie sich vorstellen, wie gut das gelaufen ist ... lol. Ich habe es gut überstanden, aber ich hoffe, ihr könnt mir alle einen Rat für mein nächstes Spiel geben, damit ich besser durchkomme.

Wir sprechen hier von der Quest „The Silver Shroud“. Hat mich wahnsinnig gemacht, weil Hancock dabei alles andere als kooperativ war. Ich hatte „The Dig“ bereits abgeschlossen, was Hancock in seinen „Hancock ist verfügbar, um dein Begleiter zu sein“-Modus versetzt. Normalerweise wäre das kein Problem, aber selbst ihn bei RAM-FM einzustellen, reichte nicht aus, um darüber hinwegzukommen. Es war das erste Mal während der Shroud-Quest, als Sie mit Hancock sprechen mussten, um ein Zeichen zu bekommen, gegen Northy und lächelnde Kate zu kämpfen (sprechen Sie mit Hancock, er sagt nur, dass er gerne eingestellt werden würde ... Kontakt abbrechen, ihn einstellen mit RAM-FM, sprich mit ihm, erhalte das Gespräch zwischen lächelnder Kate und Northy, feuere ihn mit RAM-FM, mach weiter), aber das Questziel „Sprich mit Hancock“ blieb aktiv und er zieht vor sein Haus.

Ich erledigte Sinjin und kehrte nach Goodneighbor zurück, weil ich dachte, Hancock würde für das letzte Gespräch mit Kent einfach wieder ins State House ziehen … aber nein, er stand draußen vor dem State House und wartete darauf, eingestellt zu werden. :/Musste ihn erneut mit RAM-FM einstellen und ihn ins State House bringen, um die Dinge abzuschließen. Die Quest abgeschlossen ... aber das Ziel „Sprich mit Hancock“ blieb aktiv und Hancock selbst war immer noch ein Questziel. Der einzige Weg, wie ich es klären konnte, war, ihn über RAM-FM zu feuern, ihn auf die einfache Art einzustellen, natürlich Ivy zu feuern, dann Hancock zu feuern und Ivy wieder einzustellen.

Mein erster Gedanke ist, dass ich die Quest „The Silver Shroud“ mache, bevor ich „The Dig“ mache, aber das macht mich immer noch nervös, was dann passiert. Wahrscheinlich wird Hancock immer noch seinen Weg in Ihre Gruppe erzwingen, indem er dem Spieler nur sagt, dass er bereit ist, angeheuert zu werden, anstatt irgendwelche Questreihen um ihn herum einzuwickeln … oder zumindest sind das meine Gedanken hier. 

Gibt es einen anderen Weg, als den Umweg, den ich genommen habe, daran vorbeizukommen?

Die Sache mit Hancock ist von den Programmierern des Vanilla-Spiels nicht wirklich gut überlegt worden - selbst wenn man ohne die ganzen Zusatzdinge aka Mods spielt war es schon - diplomatisch ausgedrückt - kurios

Nach vielleicht 14 oder 15 kompletten Durchspielen von Fallout 4 hole ich mir Hancock so ziemlich zum Schluss als Begleiter und das Quest um "Silver Shrout" mache ich IMMER VOR "the big dig"!

Macht man diese Quest jedoch im Rahmen des Mods "Verderbtheit"

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35513

wird es einfacher mit diesen Zwängen umzugehen.

Zum einen geben die "umhüllenden" Queste Hinweise das man z.B. Hancock als Begleiter entlassen soll um Konflikte zu vermeiden

zum anderen "verschwindet" Hancock für eine Weile von der Bildfläche und kann so nicht als Begleiter (z.B. nach "the big dig") aquiriert werden

--

The thing with Hancock was not really well thought out by the programmers of the vanilla game - even if you play without all the additional things aka mods, it was - to put it diplomatically - strange

After maybe 14 or 15 complete playthroughs of Fallout 4 I pretty much get Hancock as a companion at the end and I ALWAYS do the quest for "Silver Shrout" BEFORE "the big dig"!

However, if you do this quest as part of the "Depravity" mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35513

it becomes easier to deal with these constraints.

On the one hand, the "enveloping" quests give hints that you should, for example, dismiss Hancock as a companion in order to avoid conflicts

on the other hand, Hancock "disappears" from the scene for a while and can't be acquired as a companion (e.g. after "the big dig")

34 minutes ago, andigieger said:

Please help

I have a problem with the holotape "King Pelican - A Story about a Girl" 

My Pipboy does not display the included Images? Is this a mod conflict or do I need specific fallout.ini-settings?

It's a know issue in 6. A patch is coming for that.

5 minutes ago, woodie99 said:

hi i am playing 6.0 and in nuka world , can i ask you how to start ivy quest and have you alerted anything thing in nuka world ? 

Has Ivy already asked you to see Nuka World? If not, then the quest will not start afair. You need to have reached a certain stage in Ivy's story first.

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Ivy's past. I know that the answers to this might be somewhere plainly written, but I don't want to look it up in order not to spoil story too much for myself. I just need clarification on some topics which my character would be able to ask Ivy from the beginning, and which would be able to help me better RP his initial attitude towards her.

My questions are: why Ivy is located at sanctuary and for how long was she waiting there? Was she discovered by someone before sole survivor meeting her? Why Stein left her and what happened to him? Was Ivy able to leave her bunker after Stein left her or was she sort of imprisoned there until she was redeemed? If she was imprisoned, is all her talking about sexual experiences with others, only a construct in her AI, or has it really happened in between her creation and imprisonment in bunker? Was Stein using her as his personal sexdoll? For how long was she a cyborg?

My assumptions thus far:

She is not a synth per se, but her creation has something to do with institute or its technologies/discoveries. Institute's labcoat in Stein's suitcase confirms that;

Stein was either memeber of institute or a former member who went rogue;

She was a living human being before becoming Ivy, and she lived at some point after the war;

If she is a cyborg with real human brain, she would be subject of human cell decay and thus age similar to how humans do. If that is the case, she should be around 20-40 years old and became cyborg at some point in her teenage years or early adulthood. Since she was created as sexbot, I would tend to assume the later, although post nuclear world morals shouldn't be implied here too much.

She must have been operationional as a cyborg for quite a while, because she has some comments about stuff in her basement and how they were given to her when she was cyborg already;

Thus far, I haven't encounter any comments of Stein romancing/"using" her so either she hasn't mentioned this yet to me and Stein has built her as personal sexdoll, or Stein was not using her and simply was involved in her creation and/or cared for her. She seems fond of him from those few comments that I've already heard, so my initial assumption is that Stein wasn't some sort of lusty old scientist or rogue institute member who stole her for personal use.

If my questions are answered by some major plot point, then just tell me so. But if it wouldn't be any secret for Ivy to tell MC at the start, then I would appreciate support.

Edited by lt5ive
1 hour ago, lt5ive said:

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Ivy's past. I know that the answers to this might be somewhere plainly written, but I don't want to look it up in order not to spoil story too much for myself. I just need clarification on some topics which my character would be able to ask Ivy from the beginning, and which would be able to help me better RP his initial attitude towards her.

My questions are: why Ivy is located at sanctuary and for how long was she waiting there? Was she discovered by someone before sole survivor meeting her? Why Stein left her and what happened to him? Was Ivy able to leave her bunker after Stein left her or was she sort of imprisoned there until she was redeemed? If she was imprisoned, is all her talking about sexual experiences with others, only a construct in her AI, or has it really happened in between her creation and imprisonment in bunker? Was Stein using her as his personal sexdoll? For how long was she a cyborg?

My assumptions thus far:

She is not a synth per se, but her creation has something to do with institute or its technologies/discoveries. Institute's labcoat in Stein's suitcase confirms that;

Stein was either memeber of institute or a former member who went rogue;

She was a living human being before becoming Ivy, and she lived at some point after the war;

If she is a cyborg with real human brain, she would be subject of human cell decay and thus age similar to how humans do. If that is the case, she should be around 20-40 years old and became cyborg at some point in her teenage years or early adulthood. Since she was created as sexbot, I would tend to assume the later, although post nuclear world morals shouldn't be implied here too much.

She must have been operationional as a cyborg for quite a while, because she has some comments about stuff in her basement and how they were given to her when she was cyborg already;

Thus far, I haven't encounter any comments of Stein romancing/"using" her so either she hasn't mentioned this yet to me and Stein has built her as personal sexdoll, or Stein was not using her and simply was involved in her creation and/or cared for her. She seems fond of him from those few comments that I've already heard, so my initial assumption is that Stein wasn't some sort of lusty old scientist or rogue institute member who stole her for personal use.

If my questions are answered by some major plot point, then just tell me so. But if it wouldn't be any secret for Ivy to tell MC at the start, then I would appreciate support.

Any answer to any of those questions would be a spoiler. Play her affinity quests to find out all the answers to this. Some of these questions won't be revealed until the very end of Ivy goes to NukaWorld.

As for in game. If you would be able to ask her, she would say 'I don't remember' to most of these questions.

Edited by Reginald_001
2 hours ago, lt5ive said:

Hi,

Ich habe einige Fragen zu Ivys Vergangenheit. Ich weiß, dass die Antworten darauf irgendwo einfach geschrieben stehen könnten, aber ich möchte sie nicht nachschlagen, um mir die Geschichte nicht zu sehr zu verderben. Ich brauche nur eine Klärung einiger Themen, die mein Charakter Ivy von Anfang an fragen könnte und die mir helfen könnten, seine anfängliche Einstellung ihr gegenüber besser zu erkennen.

Meine Fragen sind: Warum befindet sich Ivy im Sanctuary und wie lange hat sie dort gewartet? Wurde sie von jemandem entdeckt, bevor der einzige Überlebende sie traf? Warum hat Stein sie verlassen und was ist mit ihm passiert? Konnte Ivy ihren Bunker verlassen, nachdem Stein sie verlassen hatte, oder war sie dort sozusagen eingesperrt, bis sie erlöst wurde? Wenn sie inhaftiert war, ist ihr ganzes Reden über sexuelle Erfahrungen mit anderen nur ein Konstrukt ihrer KI, oder ist es wirklich zwischen ihrer Erschaffung und der Inhaftierung im Bunker passiert? Benutzte Stein sie als seine persönliche Sexpuppe? Wie lange war sie ein Cyborg?

Meine Vermutungen bisher:

Sie ist per se kein Synthesizer, aber ihre Kreation hat etwas mit dem Institut oder seinen Technologien/Entdeckungen zu tun. Der Laborkittel des Instituts in Steins Koffer bestätigt dies;

Stein war entweder Mitglied des Instituts oder ein ehemaliges Mitglied, das abtrünnig wurde;

Sie war ein lebender Mensch, bevor sie zu Ivy wurde, und sie lebte irgendwann nach dem Krieg;

Wenn sie ein Cyborg mit einem echten menschlichen Gehirn wäre, würde sie dem Zerfall menschlicher Zellen unterliegen und somit ähnlich altern wie Menschen. Wenn das der Fall ist, sollte sie etwa 20-40 Jahre alt sein und irgendwann in ihren Teenagerjahren oder im frühen Erwachsenenalter zum Cyborg geworden sein. Da sie als Sexbot geschaffen wurde, würde ich eher letzteres annehmen, obwohl die Moral der postnuklearen Welt hier nicht zu sehr impliziert werden sollte.

Sie muss schon eine ganze Weile als Cyborg im Einsatz gewesen sein, denn sie hat einige Kommentare über Sachen in ihrem Keller und wie sie ihr gegeben wurden, als sie bereits Cyborg war;

Bisher habe ich keine Kommentare von Stein gefunden, die sie romantisieren/"benutzen", also hat sie das mir gegenüber entweder noch nicht erwähnt und Stein hat sie als persönliche Sexpuppe gebaut, oder Stein hat sie nicht benutzt und war einfach an ihr beteiligt Schöpfung und/oder sich um sie gekümmert. Aus den wenigen Kommentaren, die ich bereits gehört habe, scheint sie ihn zu mögen, also gehe ich zunächst davon aus, dass Stein kein lüsterner alter Wissenschaftler oder abtrünniges Institutsmitglied war, das sie für den persönlichen Gebrauch gestohlen hat.

Wenn meine Fragen durch einen wichtigen Handlungspunkt beantwortet werden, dann sagen Sie es mir einfach. Aber wenn es für Ivy kein Geheimnis wäre, MC am Anfang zu erzählen, dann würde ich mich über Unterstützung freuen.

Ich möchte hier nicht alles spoilern

aber ein paar Ãœberlegungen meinerseits

1) Ivys biologisches Gehirn

laut dem lore von Fallout werden Robohirne zwar regelmässig wahnsinnig aber sie altern nicht

spielen sie mal den DLC "Automatron" - da kommen sie in die Fabrik des Mechanisten - dort wurden vor dem Krieg die Robohirne Strafgefangenen entnommen

alle Robohirn-Roboter stammen aus der Vorkriegszeit!

2) ja - Ivy wurde "entdeckt" bzw. man sucht nach ihr

Hinweise werden sie dazu finden im Verlauf der Story um Ivy - also sich gründlich umschauen

3) Hat Ivy den Bunker vor dem Eintreffen des Spielers verlassen?

Ja - aber nicht durch die Kellertür

sondern -> ....

haben Sie sich nie gefragt wie Ivy zu ihren Kunden kommt?

Mit Sicherheit NICHT zu Fuss!

4) Warum wird Ivy nicht wahnsinnig wie ein "normales" Robohirn?

Das ist ja ein wesentlicher Teil der Quests um sie selbst

und was dem Mod-Autor hier gelungen ist -> sensationell

--

translation

I don't want to spoil everything here

but a few thoughts on my part

1) Ivy's biological brain

According to Fallout's lore, while robo-brains regularly go insane, they don't age

play the DLC "Automatron" - you come to the mechanist's factory - there the robo-brains were taken from convicts before the war

all robo-brain robots are pre-war!

2) yes - Ivy was "discovered" or you are looking for her

You will find hints about this in the course of the story about Ivy - so look around carefully

3) Did Ivy leave the bunker before the player arrived?

Yes - but not through the cellar door

but -> ....

never wondered how Ivy gets to her customers?

Definitely NOT on foot!

4) Why doesn't Ivy go insane like a "normal" robo-brain?

That's an essential part of the quests for them

and what the mod author has achieved here -> sensational

On 3/18/2022 at 6:23 AM, Mark Antony said:

For some reason Ivy tends to stand still in combat every now and then. I dont use aft or anything like that

I have a similar problem, she is always in combat mod with her weapon out. Except when she sits.

she became like that after gaining hypercombat.

After doing the last mission of mechanical menace, the problem dissapeared , so everything is fine now

Edited by Michel889

hi great follower mod and i am enjoying her better than in game ones . however getting her affinity up is painfully slow on my redo playthrough with no multi follower mods installed , i have only done the mission to install hyercombat and i am 1 day 2hrs into it , what's is the rate of her affinity ?  any of my mod list does she do not like ?

ModList_2022-03-22T11-03-47.txt

Edited by woodie99
added mod list file
1 hour ago, woodie99 said:

hi great follower mod and i am enjoying her better than in game ones . however getting her affinity up is painfully slow on my redo playthrough with no multi follower mods installed , i have only done the mission to install hyercombat and i am 1 day 2hrs into it , what's is the rate of her affinity ?  any of my mod list does she do not like ?

ModList_2022-03-22T11-03-47.txt 23.03 kB · 0 downloads

woah. slow down there speedy.

Getting Ivy's affinity up takes time.

A lot of time

Talk to her

Take her places she likes to go

Talk to her some more

Do the little missions she asks you to

Talk to her

It's unlikely that you will max out her affinity until after you have gone into her head, possibly not until after you've gotten Mercy's journals and dress.

4 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

woah. slow down there speedy.

Getting Ivy's affinity up takes time.

A lot of time

Talk to her

Take her places she likes to go

Talk to her some more

Do the little missions she asks you to

Talk to her

It's unlikely that you will max out her affinity until after you have gone into her head, possibly not until after you've gotten Mercy's journals and dress.

the reason why i asked is the ingame followers usually takes me arround 8hr to complete everything , anyway thanks  

Vor 1 Stunde sagte woodie99:

Der Grund, warum ich gefragt habe, ist, dass die Ingame-Follower normalerweise ungefähr 8 Stunden brauchen, um alles fertigzustellen, trotzdem danke 

In the quite detailed description of this mod, it is expressly pointed out that it is NOT the "usual" follower mod
That's why the affinity system is much more complex
But because that's the way it is - for us users, Ivy looks much more alive (more lifelike) than the other followers of the game
If you don't want to deal with it and are looking for "light fare" you are definitely wrong with this mod
Ivy only works with other follower mods if you acquire them first and also pester them at exactly this point - otherwise the "inner system" breaks
I know - hardly anyone wants to read through 115 pages of tread text...
..I did it and learned so much about the thoughts (ideas and their implementation) of the author.
Incidentally, I also do this with other mods that really interest me and I want to understand how they work and what does NOT work in theirs.
Not every user has to do this - but if he then asks questions without reading through the sites beforehand - then he should also try to understand what the answer is

You can spam Ivy's affinity up quickly by sleeping in a bed often with her close by (RPG wise it's implied there's 'bedtalk' that brings you two closer). By taking her to shops and places she likes to see and by talking to her often (asking her thoughts). If you focus your efforts she'll "affinity up" quicker than vanilla companions but you might not unlock her affinity quests because you haven't reached certain levels yet.

If you just play and enjoy Ivy and the game, she will naturally grow in affinity for you. This is the better choice because some affinity quests require minimum levels or parts of the main story to have unlocked.

Edited by Reginald_001
10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

You can spam Ivy's affinity up quickly by sleeping in a bed often with her close by (RPG wise it's implied there's 'bedtalk' that brings you two closer). By taking her to shops and places she likes to see and by talking to her often (asking her thoughts). If you focus your efforts she'll "affinity up" quicker than vanilla companions but you might not unlock her affinity quests because you haven't reached certain levels yet.

If you just play and enjoy Ivy and the game, she will naturally grow in affinity for you. This is the better choice because some affinity quests require minimum levels or parts of the main story to have unlocked.

so in short i have do the main game story to progress her story , that explains why she is not moving on , i am at the glowing sea part of the main story , thank you for the explanation and i really like her and thank you for creating her 

5 minutes ago, woodie99 said:

so in short i have do the main game story to progress her story , that explains why she is not moving on , i am at the glowing sea part of the main story , thank you for the explanation and i really like her and thank you for creating her 

You just need to be high enough level and some areas need to have been visited, those areas are related to the main story but you don't need to play the main story to do Ivy's quests.

Vor 2 Stunden sagte Reginald_001:

Sie müssen nur hoch genug sein und einige Bereiche müssen besucht worden sein, diese Bereiche haben mit der Hauptgeschichte zu tun, aber Sie müssen die Hauptgeschichte nicht spielen, um Ivys Quests zu erledigen.

Strictly speaking, you can also ignore the main story of "Fallout" completely - because you don't need to go to the Institute or the Brotherhood's airship for the quest about Ivy - which even makes a visit to Fort Hagen superfluous

59 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Strictly speaking, you can also ignore the main story of "Fallout" completely - because you don't need to go to the Institute or the Brotherhood's airship for the quest about Ivy - which even makes a visit to Fort Hagen superfluous

yah, but you don't really want to skip going to Fort Hagen - you get some interesting info there, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte IBAGadget:

yah, aber Sie möchten nicht wirklich nach Fort Hagen gehen - Sie erhalten dort einige interessante Informationen, und das ist alles, was ich dazu sagen werde.

when it comes to Ivy's sheer affinity and progression in quests, a visit to Fort haben isn't necessary
but
when it comes to the "extended" background...
..one can already find indications elsewhere as to why a visit to Fort Hagen is worthwhile