My issue is the talk prompt when you try to talk to her has stopped working. She will still make random statements and respond when you say something but you can't have a conversation with her any more.

I read online that is  common issue not for ivy per se but for any follower. If you walk away from a conversation too soon it can lock it up. 

The solution is to return where the conversation stopped but I don't recall where that was.

So if anybody knows of a solution please post it.Thanks.

56 minutes ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

My issue is the talk prompt when you try to talk to her has stopped working. She will still make random statements and respond when you say something but you can't have a conversation with her any more.

I read online that is  common issue not for ivy per se but for any follower. If you walk away from a conversation too soon it can lock it up. 

The solution is to return where the conversation stopped but I don't recall where that was.

disable

enable

then again - SAVE BEFORE u DO THAT! Ivy is pretty delicate and may not survive this. ?

Works with base game followers when that same shit happen in my game. Luckily only couple of times i think.

2 hours ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

Try the debugging options in her holotape, do a soft reset.

[Possible Bug Report]

Spoiler

It seems like I have a conflict between Ivy and Be Exceptional - Skills and Perk Overhaul by rcoll.

Be Exceptional (LevelUpMenuEx) adds the old-style skill system; meaning that some of the perks (such as Gunsmith, Science, etc.) can now be upgraded by investing skill points on them. Perk points, on the other hand, are used only to obtain certain perks, such as Sniper, Commando, and all the SPECIAL perks.

That being said, I've successfully completed Ivy's HyperCombat quest and had it (HyperCombat) enabled. However, now that my character is level 38 (and has Science 4 and Robotics Expert 2 perks) I can't seem to upgrade Ivy's HyperCombat frequency. The options for HyperCombat frequency that were on the Controller holotape (prior to learning the said skills/perks) are missing, and the only available option is the default one - Low.

I'd hate to remove Be Exceptional and LevelUpMenuEx since I've been playing the game with those two for literally years and this is my first time experiencing some issues.

Any info, tips and help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, really enjoying Ivy 6.0!

Edited by rubber_duck
1 minute ago, rubber_duck said:

[Possible Bug Report]

Hide contents

It seems like I have a conflict between Ivy and Be Exceptional - Skills and Perk Overhaul by rcoll.

Be Exceptional (LevelUpMenuEx) adds the old-style skill system; meaning that some of the perks (such as Gunsmith, Science, etc.) can now be upgraded by investing skill points on them. Perk points, on the other hand, are used only to obtain certain perks, such as Sniper, Commando, and all the SPECIAL perks.

That being said, I've successfully completed Ivy's HyperCombat quest and had it (HyperCombat) enabled. However, now that my character is level 38 (and has Science 4 and Robotics Expert 2 perks) I can't seem to upgrade Ivy's HyperCombat frequency. The options for HyperCombat frequency that were on the Controller holotape (prior to learning the said skills/perks) are missing, and the only available option is the default one - Low.

I'd hate to remove Be Exceptional and LevelUpMenuEx since I've been playing the game with those two for literally years and this is my first time experiencing some issues.

Any info, tips and help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, really enjoying Ivy 6.0!

Use the console to set the frequency to a percentage between 0 and 100.

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 25 (low)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 50 (medium)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 75 (high)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 100 (always = spammy)

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

Use the console to set the frequency to a percentage between 0 and 100.

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 25 (low)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 50 (medium)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 75 (high)

set _ivy_sa_frequency to 100 (always = spammy)

Thanks!

Just to be clear, these commands can be used even if the player hasn't learned the required perks, right? Also, the high chance (75) corresponds to the high setting in the holotape, correct?

I appreciate the quick reply!

Hello all.  :)

I'm trying to replicate something with Ivy that I did in my last game and I can't seem to remember how to use the Combat functions part of the holotape to get Ivy to do what I want when it comes to combat behavior.

While I love her handcannon, I'd like her to scavenge weapons on the fly and switch to anything that she might find that overpowers her current weapon.  I can either force equip her handcannon or set her weapon to something different myself (via the "trade" menu, of course)...I just can't remember what I clicked on to allow her to scavenge weapons as well.  Like I said earlier, I did it in my last game and thought it was pretty cool...but my memory is failing as to HOW I made it happen.  :/

Any and all help appreciated.  Thanks, Reg, for such a WONDERFUL companion in Ivy; she's amazing!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  I tried doing a search in the thread and didn't see this query specifically.

What triggers the Hypercombat quest?  Is it just killing X number of enemies with Ivy?  Or getting to a certain affinity?  Or a combination of the two?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Edited by raverbane@gmail.com

Hi all, I've seen another reference to this happening in this thread but it didn't seem to address the issue I'm having. I've just started a new playthrough to try Ivy 6.0 for the first time and WVIS radio isn't playing sound either through my Pipboy radio or when I enter Ivy's bunker. I can see it listed in my list of radio stations but nothing but the initial static happens when I activate the station. I currently have Ivy's .esm loading as late as it will go and the quest, magazine and Nuka quest .esp's late too. The start quest just stays at 'Tune to WIVS radio'. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you for any help fixing this! I'm excited to try the new Ivy!

2 minutes ago, SanguineCemm said:

Hi all, I've seen another reference to this happening in this thread but it didn't seem to address the issue I'm having. I've just started a new playthrough to try Ivy 6.0 for the first time and WVIS radio isn't playing sound either through my Pipboy radio or when I enter Ivy's bunker. I can see it listed in my list of radio stations but nothing but the initial static happens when I activate the station. I currently have Ivy's .esm loading as late as it will go and the quest, magazine and Nuka quest .esp's late too. The start quest just stays at 'Tune to WIVS radio'. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you for any help fixing this! I'm excited to try the new Ivy!

First step is to move Ivy mod to the very bottom right before any patches that you created.

Second. If you created any patches for your mods, recreate the patches again.

third: go and try to see if it works again. If it doesn't then return back with the above done so that further checks can be done by those that are familar with the current mod(s) (I haven't been modding games for some time now but the above holds true for basic testing of an issue. (

This helps to  removes possible conflicts that might be causing this.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

First step is to move Ivy mod to the very bottom right before any patches that you created.

Second. If you created any patches for your mods, recreate the patches again.

third: go and try to see if it works again. If it doesn't then return back with the above done so that further checks can be done by those that are familar with the current mod(s) (I haven't been modding games for some time now but the above holds true for basic testing of an issue. (

This helps to  removes possible conflicts that might be causing this.

Thank you for your response! I did move the Ivy 6.0 related plugins to the end of my load order. I was able to move the quest along by talking to her as the person who posted about it a couple of years ago in this thread did, but I still don't have W.I.V.S. playing on my pipboy or in Ivy's start bunker. I'd love to find a way to fix that if possible.

So I'm able to continue with Ivy but not her radio station right now. I do have some other mods that add radio stations too like Tales of the Commonwealth/Atomic Radio, Sim Settlements 2, Nuka World, Heather's Casdin Caravan Radio and the Left Field Diner Jazz Station but all of those load before Ivy's esm and esp's and all of them are working just fine. It's just Ivy's station that is silent. What conflict could cause that?

Oh gosh, please disregard all of the above. When I watched the recruitment video it showed WIVS radio broadcasting BEFORE you meet and activate Ivy. This definitely didn't work for me BUT after I talked to her and got her redeem voucher and presented it to her and she became my companion, THEN WIVS radio started broadcasting. So everything seems to be working now. Not sure why the initial broadcast didn't play for me.

10 hours ago, SanguineCemm said:

Oh gosh, please disregard all of the above. When I watched the recruitment video it showed WIVS radio broadcasting BEFORE you meet and activate Ivy. This definitely didn't work for me BUT after I talked to her and got her redeem voucher and presented it to her and she became my companion, THEN WIVS radio started broadcasting. So everything seems to be working now. Not sure why the initial broadcast didn't play for me.

Glad you figured it out.  Sometimes with bEthesda and their mods, things just don't work for a brief moment. Sometimes just rebooting the game / or computer fixes it. Especially for heavy use of script mods.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, Reginald_001 said:

There are 72 unique magazines. You find them at random in the world, meaning you can find duplicates.

thanks for the response. Is there a duplicate amount or is it just random? This mod is part of my game from now on, but the Nuka wo=rld add on didn't work for me. I was getting no tags to where to go when you're with the doctor. but damn, AWESOME MOD!