I love this mod, and everything about it.  I followed the creator's advice on not using Ivy as one in a collection of companions.  I normally go with Cait but I have to say, I haven't missed having her a bit.  This is a mod I wish all follower mods could be.  As far as I know, everything has worked great and I have not encountered a single bug or issue.  I do have some concerns though.  I have loved having Ivy as a companion and I so don't want to lose her or get a bad ending.  I have been saving every step of the way, but I am afraid to progress. 

Spoiler

I have just got the combat suit and and we are ready to confront Stein.  But as I said I am hesitant to go forward for fear of irreversibly breaking something.  I understand there will soon be a walk through.  This should prevent me from messing up my game.  I am curious though, one good ending and three bad . . . do any result in losing her as a companion?

As I have said, I am enjoying everything about this mod, the companion,  The voice actress is incredible.  I love the story so far.  I have had a lot of fun with it.  Looking forward to see where things go next.  I love her comments and interactions with the other NPCs.  I can't say enough good about the people who have worked on this mod.  It will now become a staple of every play through and I will be recommending it to all my friends that enjoy this type of content.

59 minutes ago, ACastle said:

I love this mod, and everything about it.  I followed the creator's advice on not using Ivy as one in a collection of companions.  I normally go with Cait but I have to say, I haven't missed having her a bit.  This is a mod I wish all follower mods could be.  As far as I know, everything has worked great and I have not encountered a single bug or issue.  I do have some concerns though.  I have loved having Ivy as a companion and I so don't want to lose her or get a bad ending.  I have been saving every step of the way, but I am afraid to progress. 

Hide contents

I have just got the combat suit and and we are ready to confront Stein.  But as I said I am hesitant to go forward for fear of irreversibly breaking something.  I understand there will soon be a walk through.  This should prevent me from messing up my game.  I am curious though, one good ending and three bad . . . do any result in losing her as a companion?

As I have said, I am enjoying everything about this mod, the companion,  The voice actress is incredible.  I love the story so far.  I have had a lot of fun with it.  Looking forward to see where things go next.  I love her comments and interactions with the other NPCs.  I can't say enough good about the people who have worked on this mod.  It will now become a staple of every play through and I will be recommending it to all my friends that enjoy this type of content.

If you've made a hard save when the popup came up (right before the nuka world quest for Ivy started) then you can always go back to the safe point. All bad endings lead to Ivy choosing another path than the players. But if you've been supportive and listened well (between the lines) to what Ivy needs then it should be a breeze.

Spoiler

Once inside Stein's Construct, there is a terminal called <root access>. You can open that and check what ending you will receive. If one of the top two statuses is not 'GOOD' then you will get one of the bad endings.

If you have ALL science and ALL robotics perks, you can then proceed to HACK Ivy and brute force a good ending.

6 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

If you've made a hard save when the popup came up (right before the nuka world quest for Ivy started) then you can always go back to the safe point. All bad endings lead to Ivy choosing another path than the players. But if you've been supportive and listened well (between the lines) to what Ivy needs then it should be a breeze.

Hide contents

Once inside Stein's Construct, there is a terminal called <root access>. You can open that and check what ending you will receive. If one of the top two statuses is not 'GOOD' then you will get one of the bad endings.

If you have ALL science and ALL robotics perks, you can then proceed to HACK Ivy and brute force a good ending.

Thank you for your reply, I have been paying close attention so I think I should be okay.  And again I do love the mod, thank you so much.  It is not hyperbolic in the least when I say it has been my favourite mod I have have ever used.

Not a complaint but a compliment!

Make sure you have Ivy with you before you accept the quest, Confidence Man. I won't spoil it, but after you accept the Quest from Vadim, talk to Ivy and ask her Thoughts. You are welcome LOL

This is one of the things I love about this Mod. Ivy is easily the most fleshed out character in the game. And these little additions make it even better

17 hours ago, MainMansrevenge said:

Not a complaint but a compliment!

Make sure you have Ivy with you before you accept the quest, Confidence Man. I won't spoil it, but after you accept the Quest from Vadim, talk to Ivy and ask her Thoughts. You are welcome LOL

This is one of the things I love about this Mod. Ivy is easily the most fleshed out character in the game. And these little additions make it even better

Ivy rulez !

Fun to take a vist to Travis too, Diamond City Radio... Funny wall design, lol...

4 hours ago, Rebel Marauder said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but how compatible 'out of the box' is Ivy with the mod Horizon ?

Horizon seems to me this kind of " CTD mods " I avoid absolutely . Except if you're this kind of gamer who prefers to spend his time on moding & debugging than playing (this can be cool, no judgement), I would not recommend it with Ivy...

Such a "simple" mod as Simcity is known to interfere with Ivy; let you think about Horizon...

But you can try, you'll tell us...

Edited by Khinzull
On 2/17/2022 at 8:27 AM, Fiona159 said:

How sick we are of you already...with your patches.Read the description.

Yikes.  Now I feel bad for asking this question myself a few pages ago...lol.  Gotta say tho, it's a little unnerving getting that "You have XDI installed and should patch it...this warning will be repeated two times." (paraphrasing, of course) pop-up in-game.  Led me to search the net and come back here looking for help...  Color me guilty of this one too.  :P

22 hours ago, Khinzull said:

Horizon seems to me this kind of " CTD mods " I avoid absolutely . Except if you're this kind of gamer who prefers to spend his time on moding & debugging than playing (this can be cool, no judgement), I would not recommend it with Ivy...

Such a "simple" mod as Simcity is known to interfere with Ivy; let you think about Horizon...

But you can try, you'll tell us...

I wouldn't consider Horizon a CTD mod, but it's definitely not one that you can run alongside a ton of other mods for sure.

However getting Ivy working with Horizon, is easy, my question more was more attuned to how easy it would be to patch.

Is Ivy hardcoded to keep her .44 Revolver or can you remove it from her inventory and not have her load with it?

I'm genuinely curious if it's just me being an idiot or if this is something I cannot bypass. At this point it's gone past what could be considered Morbid curiousity and borders on a need to know.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable on this than I will have an answer to help me figure this out.

Any time taken to respond is appreciated

41 minutes ago, Rebel Marauder said:

Is Ivy hardcoded to keep her .44 Revolver or can you remove it from her inventory and not have her load with it?

I'm genuinely curious if it's just me being an idiot or if this is something I cannot bypass. At this point it's gone past what could be considered Morbid curiousity and borders on a need to know.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable on this than I will have an answer to help me figure this out.

During my run, she wasn't. I gave her various weapons she uses according to the ennemies and the battlefield. Moreover, you can adjust combat preferences via her control holotape (default, sniper, tank and melee). So, even if she sometimes referes to her .44 and loves it a lot, she doesn't seems obsessed by it, not even using it if it's not suitable... But i never tried to remove it from her inventory...

Did you experience something different ? Does it answer your curiousity ? ?

Edited by Khinzull
3 hours ago, Khinzull said:

During my run, she wasn't. I gave her various weapons she uses according to the ennemies and the battlefield. Moreover, you can adjust combat preferences via her control holotape (default, sniper, tank and melee). So, even if she sometimes referes to her .44 and loves it a lot, she doesn't seems obsessed by it, not even using it if it's not suitable... But i never tried to remove it from her inventory...

Did you experience something different ? Does it answer your curiousity ? ?

Yeah I was making a compatibility patch just for the sake of seeing if I could and I noticed even when I edited Ivy's NPC records in xEdit to remove the gun completely it would still stay in her inventory, but the modifications I made to it took. So I'm not too sure what happened there, but I've gone back to the drawing board to see what I can do. I don't want to edit her from what Reginald envisioned, I simply want to skim her down perk wise, weapon wise etc... to make her more compatible for a horizon play-through.

In short I just want to make her weapon unique and craft-able and only usable by her, but doing so in a way that is not only immersive to how Ivy works but how Horizon plays too, I also want to reduce the number of perks she has and the loot she spawns with to match the starts of the game that give less loot, this is all done in a new plugin btw, I could never harm Ivy directly ?

I'll keep checking back here during my progress.

12 hours ago, Rebel Marauder said:

Yeah I was making a compatibility patch just for the sake of seeing if I could and I noticed even when I edited Ivy's NPC records in xEdit to remove the gun completely it would still stay in her inventory, but the modifications I made to it took. So I'm not too sure what happened there, but I've gone back to the drawing board to see what I can do. I don't want to edit her from what Reginald envisioned, I simply want to skim her down perk wise, weapon wise etc... to make her more compatible for a horizon play-through.

In short I just want to make her weapon unique and craft-able and only usable by her, but doing so in a way that is not only immersive to how Ivy works but how Horizon plays too, I also want to reduce the number of perks she has and the loot she spawns with to match the starts of the game that give less loot, this is all done in a new plugin btw, I could never harm Ivy directly ?

I'll keep checking back here during my progress.

Part of her kernel script is to make sure she uses and keeps her weapon (as it's tied into her story). So even if you take it away from her, if you take all weapons from her away, eventually she'll use it again.

Other than that, her weaponry works the same as say Piper, who has her own custom 10mm that you can't take from her.

Edited by Reginald_001
2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Part of her kernel script is to make sure she uses and keeps her weapon (as it's tied into her story). So even if you take it away from her, if you take all weapons from her away, eventually she'll use it again.

Other than that, her weaponry works the same as say Piper, who has her own custom 10mm that you can't take from her.

Does she change weapons if she has other weapons in her inventory depending on the combat situation since her .44 isn't great for long range shooting.  I've noticed she picks up a few weapons and puts them in her inventory and uses them.   I generally prefer to have Ivy use her .44 hand cannon but she doesn't always equip it ever time especially after Violate defeats. 

I generally prefer to engage enemies at range since I prefer to use a M14 EBR sniper rifle. 

33 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Does she change weapons if she has other weapons in her inventory depending on the combat situation since her .44 isn't great for long range shooting.  I've noticed she picks up a few weapons and puts them in her inventory and uses them.   I generally prefer to have Ivy use her .44 hand cannon but she doesn't always equip it ever time especially after Violate defeats. 

I generally prefer to engage enemies at range since I prefer to use a M14 EBR sniper rifle. 

You can use the controller holotape to force her to use the .44, or alternatively you can trade with her and just take the other weapons away.

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

That's what I wanted to know, thank you.

Good to know that it's script based, I have an idea how to complete this patch esp now. I thank you for the response it helped me immensely.