54 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Don't run Ivy with AFT.

How can I make it clearer that.. don't run Ivy with AFT?

Just... Don't run Ivy with AFT.

Or... go ahead and run Ivy with AFT and when it breaks, not my problem and I won't help you resolve that problem.

I mean I, me, Flashy, did all that research as to WHY that piece of shit mod (AFT) breaks Ivy (and so many other custom companions) and shared that in the old Ivy thread and if people are STILL going to use that frankenstein monstrosity, well, that is on them. But all of these "I need it for this", "I need it for that" crap? Wrong, and wrong.

Multi-followers? Go install UCF which works better anyways and is at least made by an accredited mod author worth his salt. I mean, he DOES make Looksmenu.

Camping system? Go install Campsite.

AFT is pure garbage, top to bottom. And if people wish to use it Reg, I say ignore anything they have to say and let them suffer the consequences when it all falls to shit. I mean, you have been telling people for TWO YEARS not to use AFT with Ivy... I think you've said it enough now.

1 hour ago, steve6419 said:

ok now i am lost i have done all the stuff with debby and ivy is back to normal and i was teleported back to the place in root cellar santuary and she back to normal and has her memories so what happens net is all quest stuff over or is there more just asking so i know 

The "Into the Deep" quest is the last affinity quest (until I release Nuka World).

There however, over 80 levels of affinity to reach after that, so in terms of Ivy, no more quests, but much more dialogue left that's 'locked'. ;)

36 minutes ago, tokyobomber said:

Reg, quick question

(forgive me for asking)

How to upgrade Ivy with Hypercombat ?

It's described in more detail in the Support & Development section of the blog.

But long story short: Upgrade in Science! Robotics! and Bloody Mess perks, then use the controller holotape to configure her attacks.

3 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

Every time someone brings up ATF my soul dies a little... as I'm sure must be the case MORE SO for the Greats Like @Reginald_001 and @Flashy (JoeR) 

I vote from here on out we just straight IGNORE all mentions/requests and support that involve ATF like they don't exist. or delete the comments. it's beyond overstated by this point

Okay, now I'm a little confused. Are you saying that we can't run AFT with Ivy?

LOL  j/k  ?

I tried to resist... I really did.

3 minutes ago, darkhighlander said:

I`m stuck and seriously about to put my head through a feckin wall...spent 2 hours trying to advance......

Hide contents

Quest with Debbie - get to the top to exit Fallons....keeps showing marker on a lift but they only lead to a stuck exit door....I can open lift hatch but can`t jump through....argh. Dunno if my ENB is making it worse but it`s so feckin hard to see with the black ethereal effect. I`m ******** stumped.

No coincidence, I have posted a video spoiling how to get upstairs, this morning.

Check the tread in the support blog. :)

The interesting part starts at 20 seconds in.

2 hours ago, wdaigle said:

Okay, now I'm a little confused. Are you saying that we can't run AFT with Ivy?

LOL  j/k  ?

I tried to resist... I really did.

YA kNOW! for a minute there I did see the "J/K" and almost had an aneurysm LMAO

Btw your avatar also made the post golden

52 minutes ago, kchurchjr said:

YA kNOW! for a minute there I did see the "J/K" and almost had an aneurysm LMAO

Btw your avatar also made the post golden

LOL  So it had the desired effect.  :)  I just could not resist.  I was here cracking myself up.  Sad, I know.

Seriously, I never used AFT.  It's incompatible with most everything else and would make me OP.  I only just recently started using man's best friend once I had a mod  that would keep the dog from jumping in front of me as I threw my Molotov.  Seriously, did Bethesda not test sneaking with the damn dog.  I digress.  Anyway, if Ivy makes me OP I may need to adjust my game.   My game is set for me and one or two meat shields (aka distractions) that do very little damage.  So far, she seems to do about 3 times the damage I do.  Not as OP as Codsworth, but she's up there. Maybe it'll even out by mid-game.  We'll see.

31 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

LOL  So it had the desired effect.  :)  I just could not resist.  I was here cracking myself up.  Sad, I know.

Seriously, I never used AFT.  It's incompatible with most everything else and would make me OP.  I only just recently started using man's best friend once I had a mod  that would keep the dog from jumping in front of me as I threw my Molotov.  Seriously, did Bethesda not test sneaking with the damn dog.  I digress.  Anyway, if Ivy makes me OP I may need to adjust my game.   My game is set for me and one or two meat shields (aka distractions) that do very little damage.  So far, she seems to do about 3 times the damage I do.  Not as OP as Codsworth, but she's up there. Maybe it'll even out by mid-game.  We'll see.

She is quite overpowered in 'vanilla'. In fact she was nerfed quite a lot already since 4.0. Less perception, etc.. But she has quite some 'perks'. I am planning a survival setting for Ivy, that players can enable, so she will be balanced in a survival type playthrough. E.g. she'll have 'less' of everything and will have some needs for her special functions (e.g. teleportation will cost fusion core power that needs to be maintained at some point, etc..etc..).

2 hours ago, wdaigle said:

Seeing the same thing.  On Hard mode, Ivy has a easier time taking out mobs than my Nora and that's without HyperCombat.  But then I did supply her with a MP5 gun - thinking of taking that away from her but she still did more damage to enemies even with the default revolver than my Nora.   I do use a Spawn configurator to boost the enemy numbers because from my experience a horde of enemies is more effective in making things a challenge than a single powerful enemy or two.  This is on a save game where I started off with my Nora already at level 50 out of the Vault. 

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Seeing the same thing.  On Hard mode, Ivy has a easier time taking out mobs than my Nora and that's without HyperCombat.  But then I did supply her with a MP5 gun - thinking of taking that away from her but she still did more damage to enemies even with the default revolver than my Nora.   I do use a Spawn configurator to boost the enemy numbers because from my experience a horde of enemies is more effective in making things a challenge than a single powerful enemy or two.  This is on a save game where I started off with my Nora already at level 50 out of the Vault. 

Doombased Scar weapon (all of his do actually) has a weapons modification (free of material cost) that allows you to lower the weapon's damage to 25% normal. I use Doom's weapons for companions all of the time simply because of this.

This is his merged weapons mod - has all of them in one file.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16387

Does anyone know if the companions use player damage multiplier or enemy multiplier?  I have 1x outgoing and 2x incoming via Advanced Needs.  Is Ivy using the 1x or the 2x?

I found that I can reduce her damage by console, clicking on her, and "modav 357 ##" where ## is a new decimal multiplier like "modav 357 0.5".  I haven't tried it yet.

I also using NPC Health Rebalance https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40743

Edit: Use getav and setav, not modav.

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I have made a plugin for Ivy that does a couple of things to make her a bit less effective in combat.

You can try it out by installing it with your mod manager. (Of course it requires Ivy 5.0). :)

It does the following:

- Remove/Lower quite a few of her combat perks.

- Lower her accuracy by 9 points from 68 to 59.

- Lower the damage from 32 to 26 on her .44

- Lower the critical hit damage from 4x to 2x on her .44

Try it out and let me know if it suits your gameplay better.

CompanionIvy_Nerfed.7z

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

I have made a plugin for Ivy that does a couple of things to make her a bit less effective in combat.

You can try it out by installing it with your mod manager. (Of course it requires Ivy 5.0). :)

It does the following:

- Remove/Lower quite a few of her combat perks.

- Lower her accuracy by 9 points from 68 to 59.

- Lower the damage from 32 to 26 on her .44

- Lower the critical hit damage from 4x to 2x on her .44

Try it out and let me know if it suits your gameplay better.

CompanionIvy_Nerfed.7z 2.31 kB · 4 downloads

Though you weren't addressing it to me, I installed it and tried it out.  She doesn't have a .44. I took the .38 I gave her to confirm.  She uses her fists.  I'm level 3 or 4 and we just went to Red Rocket to meet Dogmeat.  She does 30 points of damage to the mole rats with her fists.  I have floating damage installed so I can see that they bite her for 2 points and she does 30 points to them with her fists. I have outgoing set to 1x and incoming set to 2x in Advanced Needs.  I don't know how what multipliers the game uses for follower vs npcs. 

Edit: Changing multipliers to 1x and 1x, she still does 30 with her fists.  I do 3 to her and 8 to dogmeat with my fists.  My strength is 3.

Edit 2: Doing a setav 357 on her works.  0.10 makes her do 1 point, I know the attack vs defense is not linear so that's too low.  But it does work. 

I'm having an interesting issue.

Complete clean install- using the brand new 5.1 version. Everything was great up to the point I got to Diamond City, and now Ivy has no voice. The subtitles work, but she makes no sound at all. All other NPCs are fine, it's just her. Tried reinstalling, and no joy. Ideas?

Reginald, please, don't listen this crap about how Ivy is overpowered.

She is a state of the art and must be overpowered.

Example - Terminator series:
"Terminator is a relentless cyborg assassin and soldier, designed by Cyberdyne Systems for infiltration and combat duty,

used by the military supercomputer Skynet toward the ultimate goal of exterminating the Human Resistance."

Is the Terminator OP - yes. His goal is to be ultimate killing machine.

Ivy in some way is Terminator for protagonist (John Connor) and must stay in this way.

Following Ivy's lore (if I can say this) aside from sex part, she was developed to be ultimate cyborg system,
designed to triumph over the battlefield.

Nerfing her is sliding down on the hill.
Following "nerfing mantra" road will ruined Ivy and turn her into some "advanced" companion.
If someone want for companion some whining pyjak (hello ME universe) - OK.

There lots of settings in Ivy tape for nerfing her and meet your taste.

But, please, don't nerf her global. This will be disastrous for idea Ivy to be Prime companion.

I just want to re quote my own message so that you can post your feedback on this idea.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:21 AM, TTRJN said:

I just tried this mod. It's bloody amazing. You did one fockin hell of a job Reginald.

But I know how to make it even better. What if she can be the first thing when you'll see when you get out of your cryopod? Standing there, near the terminal, coordinating the unlocking procedure of your cryopod with some mysterious people using her built-in radio. Then coming to you and saying "Hello". And then telling you that she will help you to get Shaun back since she has found records about your family and Vault 111 and decided to help since she hates the Institute.

Now that would be an introduction!

I also want to know, is there a ready-to-use IKAROS patch made for Ivy? I'd very like to try it on her, just dunno how.

5 hours ago, S_Moore said:

I'm having an interesting issue.

Complete clean install- using the brand new 5.1 version. Everything was great up to the point I got to Diamond City, and now Ivy has no voice. The subtitles work, but she makes no sound at all. All other NPCs are fine, it's just her. Tried reinstalling, and no joy. Ideas?

Nope. First I heard about it and the test team never encountered this. Can you post your LO?

2 hours ago, SilentWanderer said:

Reginald, please, don't listen this crap about how Ivy is overpowered.

She is a state of the art and must be overpowered.

Example - Terminator series:
"Terminator is a relentless cyborg assassin and soldier, designed by Cyberdyne Systems for infiltration and combat duty,

used by the military supercomputer Skynet toward the ultimate goal of exterminating the Human Resistance."

Is the Terminator OP - yes. His goal is to be ultimate killing machine.

Ivy in some way is Terminator for protagonist (John Connor) and must stay in this way.

Following Ivy's lore (if I can say this) aside from sex part, she was developed to be ultimate cyborg system,
designed to triumph over the battlefield.

Nerfing her is sliding down on the hill.
Following "nerfing mantra" road will ruined Ivy and turn her into some "advanced" companion.
If someone want for companion some whining pyjak (hello ME universe) - OK.

There lots of settings in Ivy tape for nerfing her and meet your taste.

But, please, don't nerf her global. This will be disastrous for idea Ivy to be Prime companion.

It's just an optional release for people that love their survival type playthroughs. All good. :)

My vision for Ivy is singular.

18 minutes ago, TTRJN said:

I just want to re quote my own message so that you can post your feedback on this idea.

I also want to know, is there a ready-to-use IKAROS patch made for Ivy? I'd very like to try it on her, just dunno how.

I saw it, thanks so much! But I have no plans to redesign Ivy's recruitment at this time. I had some specific reasons for the current voucher location, the means of how Ivy is recruited and why she is stuck in the root cellar.

18 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

The "Into the Deep" quest is the last affinity quest (until I release Nuka World).

There however, over 80 levels of affinity to reach after that, so in terms of Ivy, no more quests, but much more dialogue left that's 'locked'. ;)

Thank You for the answers Reginald