Reg, Congratulations on release.

I look forward to checking out your work on Ivy, which is proving to be the next step in this particular gameplay mechanic. (Followers, and possibly player interactivity)

This is what Bethesda followers will look like in FO5/ESVI, (Maybe SF, I'm not sure where they are in the Dev cycle there) and I'm excited. (It's just how they roll, take the best and integrate)

19 minutes ago, TheGawdfather said:

It's just how they roll, take the best and integrate

While you are correct.

I honestly doubt a big studio could or would devote the time that @Reginald_001 put into Ivy. Simple fact is Ivy is a labor of love that was made with out a big studio breathing down his neck for dead lines or the what not. I could see where they would do something similar but it would most likely lack the Love heart and soul that's been poured into Ivy

1 hour ago, TheGawdfather said:

Reg, Congratulations on release.

I look forward to checking out your work on Ivy, which is proving to be the next step in this particular gameplay mechanic. (Followers, and possibly player interactivity)

This is what Bethesda followers will look like in FO5/ESVI, (Maybe SF, I'm not sure where they are in the Dev cycle there) and I'm excited. (It's just how they roll, take the best and integrate)

I believe you're correct, have belied in this since I played .Prince of Persia and met Elika and her dozens of idles.

I believe that the next real step will come when machine learning is introduced into game NPC's though. That's when our VI's will become uncanny after we meet them. You see I truly believe you quickly start to hear beyond the voice and hear the character. So proper TTS'es (better than Ivy is using now) and a more script like VI is certainly the next step.

I have used some very basic stuff like that in Ivy. Most of her erotic memory archives are generated completely dynamically in 7 different phases, where each phase has over 30 different lines, that all stitch and work together when randomly put together. Ivy's whole 'can I ask you a question?' system is the same, where she has 'true' questions of consequence (one player dialogue scene), flirty questions (another player dialog scene), or rhetorical questions (e.g. Have you ever heard of the Rosetta Stone?) where any answer is good.

This is all very basic though with how I'd like to see the future. Game NPC's that learn from your behavior, your older saves, learn your traits and can become meaningful at one point as Ivy is to some.

Having said that, I am working on making optional downloadable TTS voice packs a reality for Ivy, hold on to your hats.

The PoP Companion Elika, reminds a me of really capable NPC from a couple other games, Bioshock...3 I think, and another game, that eludes me right now....(I think it was a blonde girl/woman type character....blanked out, C'est la vie)

Yeah I completely agree with the machine learning NPCs, and am delighted you used the concept as inspiration. I've dreamed of it for a while now, it's nice to see I'm not the only one.

Think of a deep proc gen world, once they figure a way to get really good variance in, Proc gen quests, maybe factions, npc spawning  etc, etc, with machine learning type NPCs and mix in firefights with, say 100 NPCs friend and Foe. (Or any kind of competition, swords, lasers, air combat, trading w/e) Imagine that game. Even in a handcrafted world the rest would be amazing. Throw in a destructible,or malleable  world ala minecraft, kinda and that's it, I'd be lost to the world forever.

That's my person dream game, a Truly Living World. There are a very few of them, mostly 2d space shooters from what I've seen.

I had a Skyrim character where I chopped wood for a living, paid for and ate food and drinks, lived at the inn. Couple hundred hours worth of lumberjack madness, imagine playing that type of character and the world just passes you by....... "Hey you were supposed to save the world" "You think these logs split themselves?" (Although I'd imagine having a Main Quest become impossible due to time wasted wouldn't be too popular.)

It's funny you mentioned the voice thing, I find Ivy with her/in spite of/because of deeply robotic voice to have the most, I don't know if soul is the right word, but soul..of any NPC I've played with. That, I feel, is the highest praise I can offer, I don't do it lightly. Seriously impressive.

Sorry, but what's a TTS?

back to fo4.......

Your mod quest hypercombat works with nexus mod Concord Revised v1.6 which expands/modify the area where the hypercomat holotape is located.

I also want to thank you very much for this great mod (my 2nd fav companion mod after Darlene) and for making a second esp with those magazines which i won't use cause there are already way to many vanilla mags and perks to make your MC overpowered. I love the fact that you made it recrutable at the start of the game. My only concern is after i unlock hypercombat she doesn't become to overpowered cause without it she is very well balanced from my POV. I also like the fact that you can chose how she fight meele, snipe, tank but the only thing i am still missing are some options to make her dialog more dominant so i can finaly play as a male character for the first time LOL!

You already know this, but Ivy is absolutely amazing.

I have her v4 on one play-through and just started a new play-through with v5.1.

One question; I have not heard the song "intimate strangers - love sounds" on v5.1 WIVS. Is it still in there somewhere? If not, is there some way to add it?

Again, thanks for an amazing companion. Other than Dogmeat, I don't even care about the other companions. She is so much more advanced and fun. Love the ability to customize her options too.

Thank you so much for all of your work on this!

Wow, after having soooo used to and attached to @ChicGeek's voice I was skeptical about downloading the new version-..Then I watched the video in first post and that made me smile and chuckle.

Great vision and humour.

And once I finally read that Ivy is gonna get a new voice in version 6 I am sooooo happy ? I don't really write anything on LL but I wanted to show my support.

You're awesome at doing what you do and I hope you reach great success.

11 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

No worries, Sorry for the short answer I was at work, TTS is the Software @Reginald_001 used for all the voiced mods/scenes that don't have a VA (Voice Actor/Actress)

The short answer was the perfect answer, You didn't even have to answer, could've left me an ignorant, babbling, fool. You helped a dude out. Now I'm just a babbling fool, but at least I'm not ignorant as well.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Reginald_001 said:

Announcement

What better way than to begin the release of 5.0 with a proper news announcement? And it's a doozy as well..

A new voice actress will be revealed together with the trailer of Ivy 6.0. She is both awesome and awe-inspiring and my lips are sealed until the trailers have been made.

More information in January!

Now I have something new to wait for. Thanks for letting us know.

@TheGawdfather I dunno about "Babbling fool" Aside from Ivy and her Discord (Shameless Link goes... HERE ) I still VERY much a lurker. Back on the Ivy 4 forum we all just tended to chat and help each other, That's how I ended up getting chatty and then as involved as I currently am. If you told me 2 years ago I'd not only be active on a forum, but on Discord as well. I would've laughed at the Idea. I'd think you were crazy if you told me I'd be a mod tester, moderator AND doing art support for said Mod forum. Funny how things work out. 

Can't speak for all of LL. But @Reginald_001 has made something amazing with Ivy and most of us tend to be respectful to each other around here.

@urbanoantigo You mention the mod New Dialog on Ivy 4.0, do you have any more feedback about running it with Ivy 5.0/5.1?

So, in preparation about playing FO4 in about 16 months since I last played it. I have started gathering and downloading mods I used to run and new ones that caught my eye. With the joy of technology getting better for FO4 with the ESP Flagged ESLs along with a new and better version of zEdit (once named zMerge but now it does both), one can now safely have more mods to run. While it still holds true that too many mods will really slow down the game, we could probably run a comfortable 275 plugins (that's including ESLs and ESP Flagged ESLs, but they don't actually count against the 255 limit) if you have the rig to run it. I have since upgraded my processor from the Core i5-4690K (3.5GHz, overclock to 3.9GHz if needed) to a Core i7-4790k (4.0GHz, overclock to 4.5GHz if needed) and I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 960 4GB DDR5 to a GTX 1660ti 6GB DDR5. And I maxed out the RAM capacity to 32GB.

Now having said that, I still don't think that I can run a total of 427 mods that I have downloaded. I guess I took it too far when I kept seeing new and old mods that I wanted. It is now going to be a weeding out of the mods I thought I wanted to the ones I have to get rid of. But I figure that I will have a least 3 months before we get some kind of "Release" date for Ivy 6.0 with the new VA. I know that we are to expect a trailer in January, but it will take at least until March before it can even be talked about a release.

How close am I on my speculation @Reginald_001?

Hi Reginald_001.

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I think Ivy 5.0 is utterly and delightfully charming as a character and what you've done with this mod is simply amazing. Thank you for everything. I'm still in the first couple of hours of a play through with her but she keeps surprising me, not with her interactions with me but with settlers. Asking how they were doing then telling them to get a hold of her if they had any problems. I know its a little thing but it adds so much to the immersion!

Thanks again.!

The idea of Ivy being voiced is something to look forward to but as I mentions once before to you I'm just fine with the robot voice if that's all she has available. Ojh, and good job on integrating the robot voice into her story. Now I'm going back to my game 'cuz I'm looking forward to the point when I'll get to meet Deborah.

Jack aka Doctor Steam.

3 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

@urbanoantigo You mention the mod New Dialog on Ivy 4.0, do you have any more feedback about running it with Ivy 5.0/5.1?

So, in preparation about playing FO4 in about 16 months since I last played it. I have started gathering and downloading mods I used to run and new ones that caught my eye. With the joy of technology getting better for FO4 with the ESP Flagged ESLs along with a new and better version of zEdit (once named zMerge but now it does both), one can now safely have more mods to run. While it still holds true that too many mods will really slow down the game, we could probably run a comfortable 275 plugins (that's including ESLs and ESP Flagged ESLs, but they don't actually count against the 255 limit) if you have the rig to run it. I have since upgraded my processor from the Core i5-4690K (3.5GHz, overclock to 3.9GHz if needed) to a Core i7-4790k (4.0GHz, overclock to 4.5GHz if needed) and I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 960 4GB DDR5 to a GTX 1660ti 6GB DDR5. And I maxed out the RAM capacity to 32GB.

Now having said that, I still don't think that I can run a total of 427 mods that I have downloaded. I guess I took it too far when I kept seeing new and old mods that I wanted. It is now going to be a weeding out of the mods I thought I wanted to the ones I have to get rid of. But I figure that I will have a least 3 months before we get some kind of "Release" date for Ivy 6.0 with the new VA. I know that we are to expect a trailer in January, but it will take at least until March before it can even be talked about a release.

How close am I on my speculation @Reginald_001?

There is no timeline yet at all. :)

'Somewhere in 2020' is all I dare say!

2 hours ago, Doctor Steam said:

Hi Reginald_001.

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I think Ivy 5.0 is utterly and delightfully charming as a character and what you've done with this mod is simply amazing. Thank you for everything. I'm still in the first couple of hours of a play through with her but she keeps surprising me, not with her interactions with me but with settlers. Asking how they were doing then telling them to get a hold of her if they had any problems. I know its a little thing but it adds so much to the immersion!

Thanks again.!

The idea of Ivy being voiced is something to look forward to but as I mentions once before to you I'm just fine with the robot voice if that's all she has available. Ojh, and good job on integrating the robot voice into her story. Now I'm going back to my game 'cuz I'm looking forward to the point when I'll get to meet Deborah.

Jack aka Doctor Steam.

Thanks for the kind words! I continue to develop Ivy every day to add more features, make her more stable and give her the features she deserves. :)

Seems like I came too late for the party, congratz for the release!  ❤️

Also ,I just wanted to ask if the new version completely removes chic's voice. I'm sorry if this has been answered before (I read multiple pages but didn't find anything), or if the question is toorude or annoying, but I'm genuinely curious. I'm one of those annoying stubborn people that either loves or hates someone's voice (I'm too sensitive with sounds and I have issues with big changes, hate it) and I got used to that one, and while Reg's mod is wonderful and the story he created for Ivy is better than some official FO content, I really couldn't get used to the robotic voice.

If that's the case I'll patiently wait for the next release with the new voice actress :)

3 hours ago, Fun Shaundi said:

Seems like I came too late for the party, congratz for the release!  ❤️

Also ,I just wanted to ask if the new version completely removes chic's voice. I'm sorry if this has been answered before (I read multiple pages but didn't find anything), or if the question is toorude or annoying, but I'm genuinely curious. I'm one of those annoying stubborn people that either loves or hates someone's voice (I'm too sensitive with sounds and I have issues with big changes, hate it) and I got used to that one, and while Reg's mod is wonderful and the story he created for Ivy is better than some official FO content, I really couldn't get used to the robotic voice.

If that's the case I'll patiently wait for the next release with the new voice actress :)

From what I know of the naming structure of the old mod with CG's voice and the new 5.0 build, Chic's voice won't work with this new one. Not without a LOT of work on the end-user's part. And of course, there would be 1000s of lines that she never voiced, so they wouldn't be there at all.

You're better of waiting if the robo-voice isn't your thing... that is, if I'm correct about the above statement.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Reginald_001 said:

A new voice actress will be revealed together with the trailer of Ivy 6.0. She is both awesome and awe-inspiring and my lips are sealed until the trailers have been made.

@Fun Shaundi and @Flashy (JoeR) is Correct the Old CG files by this point are so mixed up and in it'd be close to a 1/4 chic and 3/4 TTS (text to speech robo voice) The robo voice takes about 1/2 an hour to an hour to get used to, By the time I hit 4 hour mark I found certain ways she pronounces things cute. There is even a conversation with her addressing it. 

IF Robo voice is still absolute deal breaker, All I am privy to say is wait for @Reginald_001 to release further updates