Licentia Labs

On 9/20/2020 at 9:41 AM, greenskye said:

Suggestion: Can a permanent prolapse/broken state be added and a trait that likes this for pawns that want to be 'destroyed'? Maybe a "Size Queen" trait that gets happy thoughts on tearing/prolapse and a permanent happy thought when something breaks completely?

Someone suggested this idea on the Discord, and while the trait is doable, there already is a permanent prolapse hediff (only fixable by surgery). I have not encountered that hediff in regular gameplay, though.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, Karbyr said:

can you make sex arcades or breeding stations? what about milk pumps or milk stations?

I think these ideas are outside the scope of this mod.

I think this mod is in desperate need of some rebalancing. Both the market values and resources costs on the serums are so ridiculous that I question whether anyone uses them at all.

Let's say you want someone to replace someone's dick with a horsedick. If you choose to buy the materials, you can either spend 250 silver on a severed horsedick and attach it yourself, or spend 4200 silver on an equine mutagenic serum. If you choose to do all the work yourself, you can either look for a male equine to tame or down so you can harvest its cock, or you can make the serum using 140 hormonal serum.  For that you first need 140 neutroamine, which can be a showstopper in itself, since it's a precious and limited resource that you depend on traders bringing along to sell you. Then you need 140 humpshrooms, which take ages to grow, only yield 2 per harvest, and needs hydroponics despite barely benefiting from the high fertility. If you do the math, you'll need 17.5 basins dedicated to growing humpshrooms, and it will take more than a quadrum to grow them. Lastly you need 420 (heh) psychoid leaves, which sounds bad too, but a couple of basins dedicated to it should give you more than enough in the time it takes to get enough humpshrooms. After you've finished this little project, you finally have a single (1) serum that you can use to give one (1) of your colonists equine genitalia.

I noticed from the changelog that this all changed in v0.5f, when Ed decided to adjust things. He essentially added a 0 to all production costs, and then multiplied them by 30 to get the market value. The latter would have been fine if he didn't touch the production costs. The same equine serum used to require only 13 hormonal serums, which would make the market value 390 silver. That seems perfectly reasonable to me, it's a bit more expensive than installing one on your own, but it's an acceptable trade-off since you don't need a good doctor or any of the risks associated with surgery.

Granted, some of the serums might have been a bit too cheap pre-v0.5f, mainly the psyche serums. If you wanted a pawn to become a masochist, you'd have to imprison them, set them as comfort prisoner, and make sure that they're considered a valid rape target and that enough of your colonists are horny and desperate enough to keep raping them regularly enough until they finally break, while also dealing with mental breaks along the way. Meanwhile, the serum does it instantly and painlessly, and used to require just 12 hormonal serums.

But overall, I think it would be best to just start out by removing a 0 from both the market value and production cost of all the serums, and then maybe look into individual serums that could use some adjustments. And while we're at it, you should really, really consider removing the TechHediff trade tag from the serums. It ends up flooding trader inventories and makes it nearly impossible to buy useful things like implants.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, John the Anabaptist said:

Someone suggested this idea on the Discord, and while the trait is doable, there already is a permanent prolapse hediff (only fixable by surgery). I have not encountered that hediff in regular gameplay, though.

I think these ideas are outside the scope of this mod.

there's rimfactory maybe someone could make a patch to make those animal harvesters work with humans too?

On 10/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, eggsalad said:

>snip<

I'm probably going to end up reworking the serums to not be instantaneous, since as-is you can just chug down a bunch of serums, tank the serum tolerance, and I think the lack of time taken for serums to affect pawns is one of the bigger issues. In the process of rebalancing these values, I'll probably also tone down the production costs since indeed, they are ludicrously expensive at the moment; I've noticed Ed likes to punish players of his mods for some reason or another. Modder's sadism?

As for the trade tag, I don't think I've seen anyone sell hormonal serums except the LicentiaLabs trader, which is kinda rare. I'll look into that as well.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:36 AM, John the Anabaptist said:

I think the lack of time taken for serums to affect pawns is one of the bigger issues.

Somehow it doesn't bother me that much that that pawns can just morph instantly, but the psyche serums could benefit a lot from a rework in this department. It doesn't feel right that you can just drink something and change how your mind works. What would be really cool is if they instead made the pawn more susceptible to gaining the trait. The masochist serum could be like a mindbreak drug from some eromanga, a cocktail of drugs that lowers inhibitions and increases suggestibility and libido, allowing you to designate them for comfort rape while under the effect, decreasing the negative mood from getting raped, and increasing the rate of progress towards gaining the masochist trait.

As for the trade tag, I don't think I've seen anyone sell hormonal serums except the LicentiaLabs trader, which is kinda rare. I'll look into that as well.

That's strange, because I see it all the time. Maybe you have other mods that also add too much stuff with the TechHediff tag. A lot of modders don't seem to understand or care that using existing trade tags makes their items fight for limited slots in trader inventories.

1 hour ago, John the Anabaptist said:

As for what "modders don't seem to understand", I'm maintaining the LL mod because of love what it strove to do, not because I'm super experienced in Rimworld modding. I'll look into the tags thing. You can keep your high horse outside.

I guess I came off as more accusatory than intended. It's just a really common issue with mods that add new items, since the game's simplistic approach to trader stocks isn't very well suited for the wide variety of items added by mods. The way tradetags work is that each traderkind can be defined as carrying X items with that tag, and it will pick from all items with that tag completely at random. In the case of the TechHediff tag, all implants go under this, so a bionic arm and a futa serum will have the same chance of being generated.

So part of the issue is that modders often use tradetags without understanding the full implications (mainly how it decreases the chances of getting other items). Which is completely understandable. People should be able to make simple mods that add a bunch of items without having to dive into the source code to understand how trader stocks are generated. But the other part is that even when you understand it, there's often no good solution. You can add a whole new tradetag, but then you have to manually patch all the traders you want to carry that item, which is tedious enough with vanilla traders, and basically impossible if you want to consider all the traders from whatever mods the player might be using. Or you can add a new type of trader for your items, but that kinda just moves the issue, since now you have to worry about how often that trader appears compared to other vanilla and modded traders.

So yeah, I'm frustrated, but not with you or modders in general, just with how the game works.

How'd you guys got the mod to work with 1.2?
Harmony > Core > Royalty > HugsLib > RJW (4.4.9) > RJW - Licentia (0.4/0.4b)

just crashes and burns (as in deactivating all mods, "Recovered from incompatible mods..." )

I get a bunch of "Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at ..." and some "Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements" errors.
Am I missing something? Is a different RJW version required?

1 hour ago, Tshillax said:

How'd you guys got the mod to work with 1.2?
Harmony > Core > Royalty > HugsLib > RJW (4.4.9) > RJW - Licentia (0.4/0.4b)

just crashes and burns (as in deactivating all mods, "Recovered from incompatible mods..." )

I get a bunch of "Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at ..." and some "Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements" errors.
Am I missing something? Is a different RJW version required?

you use the updated version on page 3

Last tested with RJW 4.4.5.
v0.7.2
- Made vomit occur immediately after sex instead of interrupting it.
v0.7.1
- Fixed a bug where the penetrator pawn was being considered for serum/body effects in orifice calculations.
- Minor code changes.
v0.7
- Overhauled stretching calculation to take into account multiple penetrators and extended RJW values (i.e. length and girth).
    - Difficulty of extreme stretching has increased; extremely overstretched orifices can take up to 4 days to restore.
    - Prolapse and damage are no longer chance based but size-based.
    - Damage caused to stretched orifices has increased in severity, meaning that a number of stretching penetrations can destroy an orifice.
    - New Hediff added: "CervixPunch".
- Added option to violate thermodynamics when transferring nutrition (i.e. pawns can transfer nutrition even if they themselves have none left).
- When cumflation is enabled, too much anal cumflation will overflow into the stomach, and too much overflow from the stomach will induce vomiting.
- Settings have been cleaned up; old settings file will error out.

RJWLicentiaLabs v0.7.2.zip

On 10/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, shizzlenizzle said:

can we get surgery for animals prolapse? my huge donged goat is bankrupting my medicines.

Right, yes. The surgery recipes for prolapse repair were not fully functional, but I personally never noticed that when I played with the mod because prolapses were infrequent. I have a patch incoming for some bugfixes.

14 hours ago, John the Anabaptist said:

Right, yes. The surgery recipes for prolapse repair were not fully functional, but I personally never noticed that when I played with the mod because prolapses were infrequent. I have a patch incoming for some bugfixes.

Yeah. For some reason prolapsing is really common with the colony I have. Occurs most often with nephila seraphim. One  pawn had a huge demon penis, but he betrayed the colony and got beat to death. The seraphim have a body size of 2.5, and most have average or small hemipenises, though one is large. And the nephila clutch mother is body size 6 with a small dick. I don't know if body size factors into stretching/prolapsing, but I notice it occured only in the pawns that fucked the nephila animals or Gladness the Betrayer. Of the three this happened to, Jessie had an average anus and an abyssal vag (animals), Zankerg had an accommodating vag (Gladness and two stints with an animal), and the prisoner had an abyssal anus (animals). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
v0.7.3
- Added prolapse surgery to a recipe patch so that the surgeries are usable.
- Changed Harmony integration from HarmonyPrefix to HarmonyPostfix to prevent Pawns from getting downed mid-sex.
- Removed consciousness penalties from cumflation to prevent death from consciousness loss.
- Fixed a bug where cumflation would not be persistent.
- Added a null check in the GetAdjustedHediffDimensions function.

Manisnecrom, as of right now, no, but that is an oversight that should be eventually corrected.
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 7:39 PM, eggsalad said:

I guess I came off as more accusatory than intended. It's just a really common issue with mods that add new items, since the game's simplistic approach to trader stocks isn't very well suited for the wide variety of items added by mods. The way tradetags work is that each traderkind can be defined as carrying X items with that tag, and it will pick from all items with that tag completely at random. In the case of the TechHediff tag, all implants go under this, so a bionic arm and a futa serum will have the same chance of being generated.

So part of the issue is that modders often use tradetags without understanding the full implications (mainly how it decreases the chances of getting other items). Which is completely understandable. People should be able to make simple mods that add a bunch of items without having to dive into the source code to understand how trader stocks are generated. But the other part is that even when you understand it, there's often no good solution. You can add a whole new tradetag, but then you have to manually patch all the traders you want to carry that item, which is tedious enough with vanilla traders, and basically impossible if you want to consider all the traders from whatever mods the player might be using. Or you can add a new type of trader for your items, but that kinda just moves the issue, since now you have to worry about how often that trader appears compared to other vanilla and modded traders.

So yeah, I'm frustrated, but not with you or modders in general, just with how the game works.

This is something I have been thinking about ....

I have a mod which adds an in-game definition editor but I don´t see such tag so I guess we can only change them through xml edition ?

Would there be any way to control what traders buy and sell? Maybe a mod or app? I have worried about this (because I have 150 mods and sometimes I worry that items are missing in the buying tab mostly when checking on settlements; just not sure if I worry correctly or not, but is always my impression) 

I had to disable a mod about musical instruments for example, because the violins and guitars weighted so much people with armour would not have enough space for ammunition nor food.  Although this example is not about traders anymore... just about availability of items. 

I've noticed a new trait ---- LikesCumflation

Considering that oral sex in the RJWmod will increase the nutrition of players, can you add a rule that allows pawn[LikesCumflation] to have oral sex at random when they are hungry.
Priority over eating.

please :) This is the real Lilium!