1 hour ago, 27X said:

Same rough poly count: round butt, along with mons venus that doesn't behave like an angry garage door and animuuuuuuuuuugguu breasts.

Hide contents

EtvmS.jpg

There's plenty to be grumpy about in bethesda's work pipeline, meshwork isn't one of them, and the myth of hipoly = bad game performance went out of topical relevance about the same time dx9 did.

Excluding the breasts, that is not the same body in the OP which has a higher polycount, or at least it doesn't look it. You don't want to have a bunch of 200K (base body alone) NPCs running around. It can still effect peoples performance depending on their setup and is still an old engine. 100K-160K would be my max recommendation for Skyrim depending on your setup, 50K-80K minimum. And I don't know about you, but I like mods that add more NPCs.

While yes, polycount does not effect performance as it once did as technology keeps improving, it is still very much a concern among developers, and that's where LODs come into play which Skyrim does not have for characters, and you don't want to set character fade distance very low which some people may have to do.

It's not a myth, just less of a concern with today's technology. If it was just a myth, we wouldn't need LODs.

1 hour ago, NightroModzz said:

Excluding the breasts, that is not the same body in the OP which has a higher polycount, or at least it doesn't look it. You don't want to have a bunch of 200K (base body alone) NPCs running around. It can still effect peoples performance depending on their setup and is still an old engine. 100K-160K would be my max recommendation for Skyrim depending on your setup. And I don't know about you, but I like mods that add more NPCs.

While yes, polycount does not effect performance as it once did as technology keeps improving, it is still very much a concern among developers, and that's where LODs come into play which Skyrim does not have for characters, and you don't want to set character fade distance very low which some people may have to do.

It's not a myth, just less of a concern with today's technology. If it was just a myth, we wouldn't need LODs.

True, because at the end of the day your trying to sell a product that hopefully most people can purchase from you to enjoy. Your not trying to sell to an smaller demographic of people with certain high end hardware in their PC's as what people have varies and you want to accommodate them too so you increase your profit, unless it's an preparatory piece of hardware with with certain specs at an certain price cough" Video game console" cough.

22 hours ago, factoryclose said:

Um.............. It's nothing personal but.. Chinese always took my stuff to their website and never asked me before... I was kinda sad. And yes, you can. I never knew that Chinese can't access to Mega.

It's almost requirement. Choose any custom race you want.

I'm sorry to hear that, but honestly, I'm sure they all marked your original address and name. And many Chinese player like your work and highly appreciate it. Maybe they can't communcated to you because of language or Internet control.^^

1 hour ago, thomastm said:

In Bodyslider which Outfit/Body do i select to create armor/clothing? UUNP 3BBB Vagina PE or UUNP 3BBB Vagina SMP

Depends on what options you choose during the installation.

This mod is obviously leaning heavily towards SMP, so rule of thumb is if an armor/clothing is only going to be worn by your character, you should weigh it to the SMP body, vice versa.

The physics break when I try to build a new bodytype in bodyslide.

For example when I click batchbuild -  UUNP Perky - choose all SMP body

I go in the game and the physics stops working. Not as in they no longer move, as in

1.thumb.png.7e8f5bdfe8d6a59904e16a1df0bb1cce.png

It works fine if I don't touch bodyslide. But there's a neckseam. 

Anyone else have this problem?

This isn't a problem caused by other mods by the way, I only have 4 mods installed and a completely clean data folder testing this.

BS/OS, The Pure, XPMSE, and this overwrites all three.

5 hours ago, 27X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

EtvmS.jpg

This is very much practical for those parts, which are in any form "harmed" by clothing or by restraints...It´s ideal as a body-exchanger during wearing assets. There is a defined end of all this if working into the Creation-Engine. This depends also of the texture formats and on the bone-count. A double-time poly-meshed body with a 8K texture is stressing the engine (together with enb) drastically. Alternatively you can use the skyrim cbbe-se-body inside of old-skyrim, which is working very well with more acurate mesh/texture-forming/stretching in extreme poses.

In the pic is the mesh-poly-addition overdriven-but a good example for adding more mesh details at useful parts. Specially under the arms , breast, knees and hips-are a good place to have such a support.

Changing the texture-resolution and mesh resolution is btw. very much supporting the possibilities of (T)BBP as well. Everything becomes more natural and more close to real...the mesh is more exactly moving - combined with a good texture-topology, such a virtual-body is nearly looking like a real one. It´s of course fun to tweak the stuff to the limits-another story then will be the realistic hair-lol-it´s difficult to "sell" a high quality body with the hair of skyrim, which has it´s origin of sims 3 and older.

6 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Maybe. ?

I'm working on something, but nothing I will be announcing here or with this account when finished.

Anyways, here is a good example of good shoulder topology. It could be a bit better, especially the outer chest area so the topology can be reused for both genders. Scapula edge loops could be better too, but still one of the best approaches for shoulders.

http://hippydrome.com/ArmsShldrRot.html

This shoulder tweaks are well done, more important will be, how the texture will be created to be able to follow this moves without damaging during the stretching...you can use macro-technique to do that-I made that for the breast area (you offer a different scale (higher texture-resolution) of that part of the diffuse map and take care for the UV-map to act on the right place on the ready-made body)-You can also have different scaling inside of one texture as well. Some parts are "stretch-depend" showing higher resolution, others have less. On the body this map-puzzle will look like perfect without any gaps.

Also this is for skyrim very much not worth the work, because there are simply limits.

18 hours ago, cooldown1337 said:

Here are the adjusted configs with commas replacing periods in values. I haven't done a lot of testing but I'd say that if bodies work then everything else should work, too. Pretty weird that I have decimal separator set to period in system settings but it only works with commas. The power of SMP, huh...

By the way, could you perhaps consider porting sliders from JaneBody? They give a much broader range of body shapes one can make.

hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs with commas.7z 4.4 kB · 16 downloads

If you like to have the jane-bod-sliders inside of BS working with the reference-body and racemenu all together, you have to overhaul all your clothing-vanilla & your added ones-takes some weeks to do so. Maybe you talk of the existing official version here.

7 hours ago, D7Rock88 said:

I'm sensing sarcasm in there, at any rate, I never proclaimed it to be complicated.  I just said the reason I never used smp before was because it seemed complicated to me, but then I decided to give using smp a try and realized it was simpler than I thought.  Also, in regards to the little guide I posted, I figured that there were others who wouldn't know how to go about converting outfit pieces properly, and whereas there are most certainly guides on it somewhere, it doesn't hurt to have one right here in the thread does it?  Oh and don't you worry your pretty little head, I shan't ever feel proud of myself for figuring out a little thing or two ever again, nor shall I ever dare commit the grave sin of trying to be helpful to anyone ever again, you have my word.  I'm being sarcastic by the way.  Also, who's Kim?

Edit:  Since you edited your post to insult me further allow me to do the same!  I haven't checked the download recently, so I didn't see that there was already a guide on how to do this, as the last time I looked there wasn't one.  So please oh great one forgive me my sin for being unaware and not checking to see if one had been posted yet.

Its nice to have my first post on this site made in literally years in attempt to be helpful, be greeted and then be insulted for no actual reason at all by such a fine fellow as yourself.  Not exactly surprised, this is LL after all, plenty of people on here who absolutely love to take literally everything up the ass.  I personally prefer not to...but to each their own as they say.

ggg, i´d also like to know whos´s "kim"-yeay!!-you´re on LL, not inside a "lover´s" - chat, :mrgreen:-welcome to the party!

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

Alternatively you can use the skyrim cbbe-se-body inside of old-skyrim, which is working very well with more acurate mesh/texture-forming/stretching in extreme poses.

wait, what!? How? That never worked for me.

Also BTT: For all those having to change the decimal separator in the XML files:

I highly suggest changing the decimal separator in Windows itself, otherwise you'll run into the same problem with every outfit which uses a seperate SMP XML file.
This can be changed in the following location in Windows:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Region
  3. Additional Settings
  4. Decimal Separator -> change from ',' to '.'

I have a non-english version of windows and translated the control panels names as best i could. Nevertheless it might be named slightly differently on an actual English Windows version.

@factoryclose You might want to put that info into the install description, also great work on this :D

1 minute ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

wait, what!? How? That never worked for me.

Also BTT: For all those having to change the decimal separator in the XML files:

I highly suggest changing the decimal separator in Windows itself, otherwise you'll run into the same problem with every outfit which uses a seperate SMP XML file.
This can be changed in the following location in Windows:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Region
  3. Additional Settings
  4. Decimal Separator -> change from ',' to '.'

I have a non-english version of windows and translated the control panels names as best i could. Nevertheless it might be named slightly differently on an actual English Windows version.

@factoryclose You might want to put that info into the install description, also great work on this :D

I can after zap release that with the suiting race-menu support. Yes, it´s perfect working for old-rim users as well. As far I have in mind it has double-time polys (all over-not specified). Of course is it working with the oldrim skeleton and the oldrim physics together.

As soon I have zap ready, I´l switch over and use that body with a custom body-shape then. It´s for old-skyrim the perfect compromise imo.

10 minutes ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

does that mean one can use SSE outfits in oldrim? such as sunjeongs outfits?

Why not-maybe if there´s clothing with new SMP-support, you have then to step backward (by creating the suiting smp-support-file)-but if the cloth is "normally" build via bodyslide I do not see a problem for that-you can convert all cloth backwards-I did that with the vanilla-stuff of SE, which came with the SE-body-it works very well and you have (if the cloth got a texture-overhaul) little more better textures on the cloth as well. As you see I keep mostly to the older stuff because i´m old-school:-))

7 hours ago, 27X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wmXsd.jpg

Wrong.

Your sanctified hardon for UE4 is commendable, but achieving round and smooth during animation relies just as much on planar topology, weighting and bone placement/range just as much as it does edge looping. As a matter of fact more for most games, especially those based on IK animations, case in point. The only reason this model has a hexagonal butt is the mesh work done, and nothing else.

Same rough poly count: round butt, along with mons venus that doesn't behave like an angry garage door and animuuuuuuuuuugguu breasts.

Hide contents

EtvmS.jpg

There's plenty to be grumpy about in bethesda's work pipeline, meshwork isn't one of them, and the myth of hipoly = bad game performance went out of topical relevance about the same time dx9 did.

BTW, what body is this? I love how it is done with delicate parts. lol

@t.ara First of all: thank you for all your replies :)

I'm not sure i understood all of it, as i only recently dove into the entire world that is bodyslide/cbbe/unp and smp/pe. :D

39 minutes ago, t.ara said:

you can convert all cloth backwards-I did that with the vanilla-stuff of SE

Ah, so one does have to convert the outfits.

I presume this is, because the .nif file format changed between oldrim and SE.

Did you also convert the SE outfits by exporting to .obj/.fbx and the reimporting them in oldrim outfit-studio?

(Which then resulted in me either having to repaint all bone-weights or copying them from the baseshape. Neither of these two solutions seem to be ideal.)

I hope i'm not annoying you and/or stopping you from your work on ZAP 9 ^^

6 minutes ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

I'm not sure i understood all of it, as i only recently dove into the entire world that is bodyslide/cbbe/unp and smp/pe. :D

Did you also convert the SE outfits by exporting to .obj/.fbx and the reimporting them in oldrim outfit-studio?

(Which then resulted in me either having to repaint all bone-weights or copying them from the baseshape. Neither of these two solutions seem to be ideal.)

It's possible and it's kinda recommendable for those who know how it work overall. But if you aren't sure about it, just start with either uunp or cbbe in LE. For beginners, it could be too much.

5 hours ago, KiraxSkyrim said:

The physics break when I try to build a new bodytype in bodyslide.

For example when I click batchbuild -  UUNP Perky - choose all SMP body

I go in the game and the physics stops working. Not as in they no longer move, as in

1.thumb.png.7e8f5bdfe8d6a59904e16a1df0bb1cce.png

It works fine if I don't touch bodyslide. But there's a neckseam. 

Anyone else have this problem?

This isn't a problem caused by other mods by the way, I only have 4 mods installed and a completely clean data folder testing this.

BS/OS, The Pure, XPMSE, and this overwrites all three.

I am also experiencing this problem, dont really know what cause this issue.

2 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

FactoryClose is right, maybe you wait for this a little while.

SSE nif optimizer (caliente).

Your problem is maybe not the clothing, instead you need to have racemenu to become working. You need to reconfigure and exchange some parts of the scripts so that you have slider-access ingame. There are also changes in BS needed.

8 hours ago, t.ara said:

If you like to have the jane-bod-sliders inside of BS working with the reference-body and racemenu all together, you have to overhaul all your clothing-vanilla & your added ones-takes some weeks to do so. Maybe you talk of the existing official version here.

Dunno, I just changed the reference body for clothes I want to use to JB and merged/conformed the sliders, wasn't too hard at all. Now I can use racemenu JB morphs and clothes reflect them.

I was not

17 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Wrong how? I didn't even talk about game engines let alone UE4. My point was good edge loops equals a good variety of deformations, game engines or not. Such as that pregnant body has stretching between the quads of the waist and could be better, and of course good rigging helps as well, and I said nothing against rigging.

I was not asking for something impossible, just for UUNP to get the same poly count as the clams of skyrim body. Not even asking for max cbbe. Mesh files go 1.6 megs body mesh, and never had fps trouble on my old toaster even with multiple female npcs following me around.