1 hour ago, Grummkol said:

@Erstam Does SoS have the ability to save individual npc schlong settings, or is that something that could be added here? 

A lot of the NPC overhauls don't have the hair color listed in the  NIF so default as grey, so being able to save the settings to a json and then import on a new game would cut down having to click on mjoll and changing her to dark blonde and untamed (she's called the lioness for a reason!).

That's exactly what I planned to add myself, just didn't get to it so far. And no, SOS can only save its global settings, not individual actors.

8 hours ago, ganga said:

Hello. I have a problem with the installation, I put it through NMM or manually and get this bug...

https://ibb.co/FWgWHzs
Who knows where I'm wrong?

Usually that sort of thing happens when a texture or mesh is missing from the game. The only thing I can recommend is checking to make sure that things aren't being overwritten. I don't use NMM anymore because I had issues with everything under the sun when using it.

7 hours ago, Karsalian said:

Usually that sort of thing happens when a texture or mesh is missing from the game. The only thing I can recommend is checking to make sure that things aren't being overwritten. I don't use NMM anymore because I had issues with everything under the sun when using it.

Attempts to reinstall the textures and set them manually did not work alas, in nifskope the paths to the textures are in order, but the game does not see them, the old versions of the mod also do not work, maybe this mod requests other textures which I do not have ...
I will wait for updates or tips, since my knowledge to fix this is not enough :(

16 hours ago, ganga said:

Attempts to reinstall the textures and set them manually did not work alas, in nifskope the paths to the textures are in order, but the game does not see them, the old versions of the mod also do not work, maybe this mod requests other textures which I do not have ...
I will wait for updates or tips, since my knowledge to fix this is not enough :(

all of the textures are included in the uploaded files so them not being there shouldnt be an issue

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 10:06 PM, Grummkol said:

@Erstam Does SoS have the ability to save individual npc schlong settings, or is that something that could be added here? 

A lot of the NPC overhauls don't have the hair color listed in the  NIF so default as grey, so being able to save the settings to a json and then import on a new game would cut down having to click on mjoll and changing her to dark blonde and untamed (she's called the lioness for a reason!).

Is this what you're looking for? - -

SOS Pre-Schlongifier

SOS Pre-Schlongifier v1.1.7z

Maybe this sounds familiar to you: you know exactly what schlong type your favorite NPCs should have, and over time you have set their SOS addons to your liking, one by one. Then you start a new game, and you have to do it all over again, because SOS doesn't remember the settings for individual actors.

This little tool takes care of the problem. It has a MCM where you can store SOS addon data (which can include schlong sizes, or pubic hair colors) for actors under the crosshair. That way you can build a database of many NPCs, and when you start a new game, you can restore their SOS settings all at once. The data is written to a JSON file: SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\PreSchlongifier.json.

Pre-Schlongifier doesn't automatically store the settings for every single NPC in the game. That would create a huge amount of data which can take a long time to process. Normally you only care about a limited number of NPCs, and are okay with the others getting their addons randomly assigned. So the workflow is as follows: get a NPC into the crosshair, open the Schlongs of Skyrim MCM to set schlong type and size (or pubic hair type and color), and then use the Pre-Schlongifier to "snapshot" their settings into the database. Alternatively, you can give the player two minor powers. Aim them at actors to store or erase the settings, so you don't have to go into the MCM every time.

Update v1.1:
- Fixed MCM options sometimes showing the wrong description.
- Actors without a name are now stored under the key "(unnamed)". Empty keys can give problems.
- Removed some script lines that wrote debug messages to the Papyrus log.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And two changes / fixes for the NPC Pubic Hairs mod itself:

Fixed two minor bugs in the modified SOS MCM script with color editing support:
- Couldn't set a custom color when the actor didn't have the actual hair equipped (for example when she was clothed).
- Papyrus throwing an error when setting a schlong type for an actor who had no schlong before (it had no detrimental effect though, as the line yielded the correct result anyway).

Modified SOS MCM script - fixed.7z

Dark pubic hair tones actually turned out too bright under certain conditions. This was especially noticable on dark skin under yellow or orange colored lighting. I've changed the blending mode for all the hairs from "tint" to "linearlight", which fixes this problem. Since dark hair now looks really dark, I've brightened the texture to counter this to an extent. Now it should cover the whole range from black to almost white.
Be aware that this will slightly change the looks of your NPC's pubes. So if you already took a lot of effort in fine tuning the colors, you might want to skip on this. That's why I'm posting it as a separate attachment.

Adjusted pubic hair coloring.7z

On 2/19/2020 at 4:45 PM, ganga said:

Hello. I have a problem with the installation, I put it through NMM or manually and get this bug...

https://ibb.co/FWgWHzs
Who knows where I'm wrong?

Were you trying to use this with UUNP? I just did so by mistake like an idiot and experienced the same issue. Need to fiddle with this a bit...

EDIT: Got it. I used the UUNP bodyslide files from the original; this however restricts variety to just the 5 types, including shaved. Still, I love it, thank you Karsalian and Erstam for the great mod.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:37 PM, Erstam said:

Is this what you're looking for? - -

SOS Pre-Schlongifier

SOS Pre-Schlongifier.7z 12.38 kB · 10 downloads

Maybe this sounds familiar to you: you know exactly which schlongs your favorite NPCs should have, and over time you have set their SOS addons to your liking, one by one. Then you start a new game, and you have to do it all over again, because SOS doesn't remember the settings for individual actors.

This little tool takes care of the problem. It has a MCM where you can store SOS addon data (which can include schlong sizes, or pubic hair colors) for actors under the crosshair. That way you can build a database of many NPCs, and when you start a new game, you can restore their SOS settings all at once. The data is written to a JSON file: SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\PreSchlongifier.json.

Pre-Schlongifier doesn't automatically store the settings for every single NPC in the game. That would create a huge amount of data which can take a long time to process. Normally you only care about a limited number of NPCs, and are okay with the others getting their addons randomly assigned. So the workflow is as follows: get a NPC into the crosshair, open the Schlongs of Skyrim MCM to set schlong type and size (or pubic hair type and color), and then use the Pre-Schlongifier to "snapshot" their settings into the database. Alternatively, you can give the player two minor powers. Aim them at actors to store or erase the settings, so you don't have to go into the MCM every time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And two changes / fixes for the NPC Pubic Hairs mod itself:

Fixed two minor bugs in the modified SOS MCM script with color editing support:
- Couldn't set a custom color when the actor didn't have the actual hair equipped (for example when she was clothed).
- Papyrus throwing an error when setting a schlong type for an actor who had no schlong before (it had no detrimental effect though, as the line yielded the correct result anyway).

Modified SOS MCM script - fixed.7z 20.1 kB · 14 downloads

Dark pubic hair tones actually turned out too bright under certain conditions. This was especially noticable on dark skin under yellow or orange colored lighting. I've changed the blending mode for all the hairs from "tint" to "linearlight", which fixes this problem. Since dark hair now looks really dark, I've brightened the texture to counter this to an extent. Now it should cover the whole range from black to almost white.
Be aware that this will slightly change the looks of your NPC's pubes. So if you already took a lot of effort in fine tuning the colors, you might want to skip on this. That's why I'm posting it as a separate attachment.

Adjusted pubic hair coloring.7z 1.95 kB · 15 downloads

Thanks! Would you know what would cause 3D pubic hair for CBBE and SOS to work but not this mod when using Smalls (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28978)?

8 hours ago, cminnow said:

Thanks! Would you know what would cause 3D pubic hair for CBBE and SOS to work but not this mod when using Smalls (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28978)?

Im not sure what you mean since I dont use that mod. My guess from reading the description of that mod is that the underwear occupy the same slot as the meshes from this mod, so unless the underwear is removed these meshes will not be equipped

21 hours ago, Karsalian said:

Im not sure what you mean since I dont use that mod. My guess from reading the description of that mod is that the underwear occupy the same slot as the meshes from this mod, so unless the underwear is removed these meshes will not be equipped

So basically the smalls mod adds underwear so every stripped corpse isn't naked. What I find strange is that it works with the male version no problem but the female version here seems to override it and actually removes the underwear. I assume since both npc pube mods use SOS and the male version doesn't have any problems, it means there isn't a problem with SOS and this mod just needs a slight change to the script to make it compatible. However, I'm not sure where the change would need to be made to alter when the SOS is applied as the male version is script-less and simply applies itself along with SOS. I could try some changes to SOS_Config.psc if I could even get a hint at where to change it.

1 hour ago, cminnow said:

So basically the smalls mod adds underwear so every stripped corpse isn't naked. What I find strange is that it works with the male version no problem but the female version here seems to override it and actually removes the underwear. I assume since both npc pube mods use SOS and the male version doesn't have any problems, it means there isn't a problem with SOS and this mod just needs a slight change to the script to make it compatible. However, I'm not sure where the change would need to be made to alter when the SOS is applied as the male version is script-less and simply applies itself along with SOS. I could try some changes to SOS_Config.psc if I could even get a hint at where to change it.

I forgot to comment again but I did give smalls a download and didn’t have any problem with the underwear being unequipped with this mod running. It looks like it chooses underwear from mods you already have installed. Usually what happens is the pubes stick through the underwear or the underwear occupies the same slot and removes the pubes

On 3/23/2020 at 11:20 PM, cminnow said:

It's weird that male SOS schlongs work for you, but not the pubic hairs. Technically they're all the same - pieces of armor that occupy slot 52, and they use the same scripts and mechanics from SOS to equip. The only difference is that the hairs are for female actors. Maybe they don't work with some of the female-only underwear pieces in Smalls. Can you try to install a futa schlong and test if there are problems too?

5 hours ago, Erstam said:

It's weird that male SOS schlongs work for you, but not the pubic hairs. Technically they're all the same - pieces of armor that occupy slot 52, and they use the same scripts and mechanics from SOS to equip. The only difference is that the hairs are for female actors. Maybe they don't work with some of the female-only underwear pieces in Smalls. Can you try to install a futa schlong and test if there are problems too?

i had this problem with the latest version: hairs wouldn't show up when selected in the mcm. tried a quicksave/reload, CTD. CTD on load on that save afterwards.

switched to the 1.* version: no problems whatsoever. i think it might really have to do with the color options being added! not much more to go on...

edit: so i'm thinking it might have to do with mesh loading...don't know anything for sure

Hmm, does everyone have the needed requirements? Latest version of everything, preferably.

- PapyrusUtil (also included with SexLab, but there's a standalone version on Nexus)

- RaceMenu (for armor dying functionality, and for skee/NetImmerse)

- A fully working SOS (meaning that its dll matches your game and SKSE version)

Absolutely no idea what can be wrong there. Something in your game must be incompatible with those meshes. Right now, I'm in the process of assigning pubic hairs and body shapes to all women in Skyrim that my next character might be interested in. That's a lot of assigning, swapping, and coloring addons. No problems at all on my end. That makes it difficult to troubleshoot...

Ooof. It seems the mod author left a broken version as the latest one. I believe it's partially to do with the latest update but he apparently became otherwise occupied and left it in an unfinished state. Thank you for looking into my silly problem.

6 hours ago, cminnow said:

Ooof. It seems the mod author left a broken version as the latest one. I believe it's partially to do with the latest update but he apparently became otherwise occupied and left it in an unfinished state. Thank you for looking into my silly problem.

Karsalian just responded yesterday - he's still around and aware of the problems. And I'm the one who did the changes in v2.0+. But, as I said above, I have no problems with the mod in my own game, so it's hard for me to tell what's going wrong in yours.

And the old version 1.1.0 can still be downloaded. I suggest that you stick to that one until someone figures out what the actual cause is.

Wonder if I and Karsalian are the only ones who have no problems with it. So if you're using v2.0+ and it runs fine in your game, please tell. I don't want this thread to be spammed with "works for me" posts, just give this post a Like instead.

here's my modwatch, in case it helps! https://modwat.ch/u/9bananas/plugins

i think it might not be this mod causing it....creatue framework says it's doing something every time i open it's settings page, even though it's running...

i'll start a new save with the new version and see if the problem persists. i've had some minor issues with SOS in the beginning of this save, but i've re-installed it, and it was working for every other SOS-Addon...

i'll report back in a bit.

edit: okay...so this is weird: it's working now! it seems that the trouble i had with SOS in the beginning is to blame after all...still odd that there seem to be quite a few people with this problem...maybe an issue with SOS?

13 hours ago, Erstam said:

Karsalian just responded yesterday - he's still around and aware of the problems. And I'm the one who did the changes in v2.0+. But, as I said above, I have no problems with the mod in my own game, so it's hard for me to tell what's going wrong in yours.

And the old version 1.1.0 can still be downloaded. I suggest that you stick to that one until someone figures out what the actual cause is.

Wonder if I and Karsalian are the only ones who have no problems with it. So if you're using v2.0+ and it runs fine in your game, please tell. I don't want this thread to be spammed with "works for me" posts, just give this post a Like instead.

Sorry, I meant the latest versions of smalls' mod by scorpiosixninehttps://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28978?tab=files, appear to have some issues. Your/Karsalian's mod is great! 

Hi, I've enjoyed using your mod for sometime now but, recently changed my female bodies to 3bbb. Now I've run into the issue of the pubes being more or less behind the skin. I don't see an option to move the pelvis/groin back in body slide to accommodate the hair mesh and am at a loss as to what I can do. :(

Can you give me any advice here?

Thank 

4 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

Hi, I've enjoyed using your mod for sometime now but, recently changed my female bodies to 3bbb. Now I've run into the issue of the pubes being more or less behind the skin. I don't see an option to move the pelvis/groin back in body slide to accommodate the hair mesh and am at a loss as to what I can do. :(

Can you give me any advice here?

Thank 

I'm no Bodyslide expert at all, but did you rebuild the meshes for the new body, with the Build Morphs box ticked? Also, I think if vertex weighting around the crotch is different from standard CBBE, you may have to copy bone weights and conform in Outfit Studio. But that's not my field of expertise. Everybody is welcome to help converting the meshes to other body types.

15 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

yes I used build body morphs with box ticked to no avail. Like you I'm not an expert either :)

Hopefully someone can give me a simple solution to this problem.

I’ll make 3BA versions of the files according to the authors instructions and hope that fixes your problem. Hopefully will be able to get that done by Tuesday