• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I don't know why but it's not working in Skyrim VR.

The NPC don't show any hair.

I have SOS in the VR version.

I tryed to install the SOS SE version but the game don't load in the menu saying that I have an old version of SOS so I need to use the VR version.

I tryed the old versions of the mod but didn't work.

I remember that when I find the mod 1 year ago the mod was working in VR so I don't know what is happening.

I have Racemenu VR too.

Can someone give me some tip or did someone make it work in VR?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of my outfits for the male side are full outfits.  My female outfits vary, some are full body and some are just the top.  If I mark an outfit SOS_Revealing (say just a shirt on the female side) then the female shows the pubic hair when the shirt is equipped, but the male has his pecker sticking out. If I do not add the SOS_Revealing, the male is fixed but the female does not show the pubic hair when just a shirt is equipped.

I have been trying to completely exclude males from being affected by the SOS_Revealing keyword in the scripts but can't seem to get it to work.  Can anyone tell me how to do that or direct me to where it has already been done?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, AttilaMagyar said:

Hello, I was wondering what slot  I can change the SOS pubic female pubes to so that they stay on the npc when they're wearing revealing clothing?

Thx ;)

I am wondering the same thing.  I would suggest opening the esp in SSE Edit and changing it there (YouTube is your friend for this type of stuff). Should be as simple as changing the body slot number. Just make sure it doesn't conflict with other mods (Sexlab MCM, once loaded, has a section telling you which slots are equipped with corresponding armor i.e strip item tab).

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 5:50 PM, AttilaMagyar said:

Hello, I was wondering what slot  I can change the SOS pubic female pubes to so that they stay on the npc when they're wearing revealing clothing?

Thx ;)

I know this is a response to a post form a few months ago, but, it obviously needs to be said. xEdit, used improperly, is not the answer.

=====

Did you try using the SOS MCM?

Specifically:

1. target the NPC you want to adjust.

2. open the MCM, click on SOS, and look at the 2nd tab(page) of Schlongs.

3. there are two nearly identical columns on this page, one for you, and one for the NPC you've targeted(on the right).

4. in the NPC column, there's a check box for "revealing". It should be unchecked. If you check it, then close the MCM, it should show everything the way you want.

It makes SOS aware that you want the specific clothing that is currently on the NPC to be revealing(all slots showing). You have to do this with each piece of clothing, not NPC. Once you set an item to revealing, it should be revealing for all NPCs. Be advised: if you do this on a male NPC...you will see schlong(this is the original intent of this feature), which may or may not be what you want. The fix is: uncheck the revealing check box.

Also: this is the same place where you can change the pubic hair that this NPC currently has, if you want, and, change the color. Your changes are usually permanent, but can be undone if certain mods are installed(mods that use hidden spells to check/reset NPCs on cell entry, NOT mods that use SPID) . You can also adjust which NPC races are likely to get which of the 11 hair styles here(first page). So, high elves don't get very bushy, orcs do, etc. You can save your settings as a file, and import it for a new game(highly recommended).

Unless the revealing feature has been removed/modified in some new version of SOS that I'm not aware of? This is the correct approach.

=====

EDIT: Also, sometimes a modder is careless, or just plain idiotic/lazy, with slots. This means that even if you have nothing on the NPC but a bra/top, it still blocks the bottom. You have to set the top to revealing, by itself, then add the bottom by itself, set it to revealing, then see what you get when you equip both. This usually fixes it, but not always, and, it can cause things you don't want to see to appear/clip. Boots, gloves, anything can do this if the slots aren't right.

The answer is: get a better mod(because if this is bad, other things are likely to be broken/not optimized as well). It's not like there is a shortage of clothing mods, or, chances are there's a patch or a fix somebody has already made. Or, learn xEdit and bodyslide studio and fix the offending slots yourself. This usually happens when a lazy modder just sets the slots to all, or doesn't set them at all, or treats their outfit as one entire piece, rather than specifying which slots each piece uses.

=====

Why xEdit isn't the answer here, unless you know what you are doing:

"Fixing" this with xEdit via monkeying around with slots is...not optimal(nice way of saying it).  xEdit only fixes here, means problems can arise depending on what else you have installed. And, editing slots in xEdit isn't enough. You ALSO have to go into Bodyslide(outfit studio), find the specific clothing item and adjust the slots there as well, then rebuild in Bodyslide. Without a complete knowledge of how the entire system works(esp records, bodyslide/outfit building, mesh creation(or nifskope editing), tinkering with one part of it will break things.

2 things(xEdit record and Bodyslide mesh you build) have to match, or there almost certainly will be new problems created. Depending on how the mod is constructed, even this may not be enough. You may have to use nifskope and modify the slots in there as well. Typically, that's what I do, because I want to fix it at the root of the problem, or I'm doing my own edits because I don't like something. Outfit studio is limited in what it allows you to do with slots. It can do some things, but not all things.

Edited by babalooch
On 9/18/2023 at 7:24 PM, Lightsong said:

Does this replace the original version of the mod or do I need both? Does this apply for player also or only for npcs?

This is a Schlongs of Skyrim Add on. The basic workings of SOS aren't changed by this, and, this uses those basic workings to accomplish its goals. Thus, since SOS applies to all, so does this. Since SOS has the revealing feature, so does this, etc. Check the requirements for this. That's what you need.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having an issue with the RBG picker? 

It won't let me edit the numerical value. Kinda, I can delete numbers, but I cannot add any.

What's worse, is that it freezes my character afterward.

Anyone else have a similar issue? 

(It worked fine before the update, and I have updated all the mods related to this one)