SOS Female Pubic Hairs colored for NPCs

View File

Description

This is my update-ish thing to the mod SOS Pubic Hair for Females by Raistlin1. This mod currently adds 3 3D pubic hair meshes with assigned color textures. The original mod can be found here:

Spoiler

What this mod currently provides:

New pubic hair meshes that can be equipped using the SOS MCM menu. The newest version provides color matching, but if for whatever reason you don't want that there are older files included in the download section. The version with a "_B" appended to the title has black set for all of the colors.

Also found in the download section:

Spoiler
  • A patch for Milk Mod Economy can also be found in the download section that labels the addons as not penises so that your characters will not be automatically marked as futa.

• 3BA options are the bodyslide files to use if you are currently using the 3BA body made by Acro748

• adjusted pubic hair coloring file as described by Erstam:

"Dark pubic hair tones actually turned out too bright under certain conditions. This was especially noticeable on dark skin under yellow or orange colored lighting. I've changed the blending mode for all the hairs from "tint" to "linearlight", which fixes this problem. Since dark hair now looks really dark, I've brightened the texture to counter this to an extent. Now it should cover the whole range from black to almost white.
    Be aware that this will slightly change the looks of your NPC's pubes. So if you already took a lot of effort in fine tuning the colors, you might want to skip on this. That's why I'm posting it as a separate attachment."

• Patch for Erstams Papyrus Version of SOS :

Spoiler

v2.0.4

Changes a script as described by Erstam here:

"Fixed two minor bugs in the modified SOS MCM script with color editing support:
- Couldn't set a custom color when the actor didn't have the actual hair equipped (for example when she was clothed).
- Papyrus throwing an error when setting a schlong type for an actor who had no schlong before (it had no detrimental effect though, as the line yielded the correct result anyway)."

Installation

However you install should work but i recommend using MO2 or NMM rather than a manual install.

Required mods for installation

Racemenu SE- https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080

Schlongs of Skyrim SE - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5355-schlongs-of-skyrim-se/

Sexlab SE - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91861-sexlab-framework-se-163-beta-8-november-22nd-2019/

or

PapyrusUtil SE - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=description

(If you have SexLab installed then you won't need to install PapyrusUtil as it is already included.)

More Technical Stuff

Uses the CBBE curvy body type right now but has included Bodyslide files in case you want to change it to something else.

These occupy the 52 armor slot and should function as any SOS addon should with clothes and such.

Permissions

Same as the mods that I used to make it. Do what you want just make sure to credit everyone and don't claim stuff you didn't make.

Credits

Raistlin1 for his mod and some of the assets within. Also providing something for me to look at while I was doing this to make sure it works.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2373-sos-addon-pubic-hair-for-females/

koffman77 for some great hair textures and eventually some of the meshes from this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18650

Also EliteCheat for the original mod listed here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49711

Thanks to 4uDIK for making that natural mesh that was excluded from 2.0.0 and included in 2.0.1

HUGE THANKS TO ERSTAM FOR V 2.0.0-2.0.3

And thanks to the SOS team for the tutorial and their work on SOS.

Future Plans:

Add more meshes?

20191209000003_1.jpg

20191209001028_1 - Copy.jpg

20191209000622_1.jpg

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/05/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Schlongs of Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Racemenu, Sexlab or PapyrusUtil
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

36 minutes ago, theAirie said:

I'm having an issue with the pubic hair ending up "inside" the pubic bone meshes, barely sticking out through the skin textures. I've used bodyslide to build the three types of hair, but the issue persists.

The only thing that I can think of is that you are using the wrong slider preset for the body that you are using. Currently they should be set to use the CBBE Curvy preset. If you are using something else it might not look right. Try saving your preset using the "Save As..." option in bodyslide and then make sure that it applies to the group that the meshes from this mod are contained in. It should be listed as "NPC SOS Pubics". If that doesnt work let me know and I'll continue to try and help

16 hours ago, Karsalian said:

The only thing that I can think of is that you are using the wrong slider preset for the body that you are using. Currently they should be set to use the CBBE Curvy preset. If you are using something else it might not look right. Try saving your preset using the "Save As..." option in bodyslide and then make sure that it applies to the group that the meshes from this mod are contained in. It should be listed as "NPC SOS Pubics". If that doesnt work let me know and I'll continue to try and help

I made a custom body based on CBBe Curvy, but I followed your advice and adjusted the crotch/pelvis sliders to reflect CBBE Curvy, built the body along with all the morphs and it works like a dream!

Thanks, for the update. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the newly added styles in the MCM. Am I missing a step? (Edit) I just noticed, you changed the name of the esp file. That would be why the new styles aren't showing up. Any reason for the name change? Seeing as changing the name makes the mod manager list it as a new mod, instead of an update. My changing of "SOS NPC Female Pubics" back to its original name "SOS NPC Color Pubics" works great. In the future, I'd recommend not changing the name of your mod after publicly releasing the first version, it only causes issues during updates.

5 hours ago, Grummkol said:

oselmc looks to have fixed the color change script applying to the NPC's so that you don't need different colors specified anymore, could be good to combine that with your additional styles?

well dammit all that basically makes my mod pointless. Lol i will look into it and if I can figure it out then Ill post it as a seperate esp so you have the choice of the colors i put, all black or color matching 

18 minutes ago, Karsalian said:

well dammit all that basically makes my mod pointless. Lol i will look into it and if I can figure it out then Ill post it as a seperate esp so you have the choice of the colors i put, all black or color matching 

Was thinking another option would be to utilise dye manager , it looks like it has got a function to get hair color from an npc, and then apply  that color as dye to a texture layer on a mesh.  That way you wouldn't even need to define the pubic nif as a hair shader which is what seemed to cause some issues, just dye the mesh when SOS assigns it.

15 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

Thanks, for the update. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the newly added styles in the MCM. Am I missing a step? (Edit) I just noticed, you changed the name of the esp file. That would be why the new styles aren't showing up. Any reason for the name change? Seeing as changing the name makes the mod manager list it as a new mod, instead of an update. My changing of "SOS NPC Female Pubics" back to its original name "SOS NPC Color Pubics" works great. In the future, I'd recommend not changing the name of your mod after publicly releasing the first version, it only causes issues during updates.

My bad! I lost the original file, somewhere on one of my flash drives, and just made a new merge and forgot what the name was. Will definitely keep that in mind for next time!

10 hours ago, Grummkol said:

Was thinking another option would be to utilise dye manager , it looks like it has got a function to get hair color from an npc, and then apply  that color as dye to a texture layer on a mesh.  That way you wouldn't even need to define the pubic nif as a hair shader which is what seemed to cause some issues, just dye the mesh when SOS assigns it.

So I have spent all day trying to figure out both of the solutions that you were talking about. As far as I can tell the get hair color function comes from SKSE and that dye manager would require going to a alchemy table to dye the meshes, which would be a problem considering they don't show up in inventory. What looks like its possible is combining the SKSE color function with NiOverride(what dye manager  uses). I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to scripting so that would take a really long time to do myself since I'll have to learn all of those functions enough to try to get them to work together. 

The other thing you mentioned was OsmelMC's new script, which seems like it should work but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work in SE. Also tried it in LE to no avail. It seemed that no texture was actually being set because the meshes kept showing up that transparent purple color that means a texture is missing. And realistically it could just be the way that textures are set up in that mod, don't really know how Osmel's script is supposed to work since I didn't write it. So if we could figure that out maybe that option could have another shot.

So currently working on the NiOverride solution, but honestly don't have much hope. It seems that nobody has figured out how to color match things when it comes to NPCs on any other mod I could find that mentions color matching. If you have any other thoughts or maybe have more experience with scripting and can help it would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to say that we were able to actually figure out script based color matching for NPCs wouldnt it?

15 hours ago, megamantaray said:

This is lovely but there's a problem, now girls act like they got schlongs when we fugg.

There a solution to that? ?

Honestly could be any number of things since I don’t know what else you have installed and I’m not super sure what you are meaning. But I would try forcing the gender in SexLab so that it recognizes that npc as female everytime 

1 hour ago, Karsalian said:

Honestly could be any number of things since I don’t know what else you have installed and I’m not super sure what you are meaning. But I would try forcing the gender in SexLab so that it recognizes that npc as female everytime 

I'll try that, basically when a girl has one of these pubic hairs on her she's recognised as male and the animations have her in male positions.

I'll see if forcing gender through sexlab helps. It's not a big problem but it's weird looking since they're just thrusting nothing.

44 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I'll try that, basically when a girl has one of these pubic hairs on her she's recognised as male and the animations have her in male positions.

I'll see if forcing gender through sexlab helps. It's not a big problem but it's weird looking since they're just thrusting nothing.

Sexlab Eager NPC's has an option in it where you can specify the different schlong addons to update the Sexlab sex of the NPC to male or female whenever they're equpped as well.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:13 AM, Karsalian said:

So I have spent all day trying to figure out both of the solutions that you were talking about. As far as I can tell the get hair color function comes from SKSE and that dye manager would require going to a alchemy table to dye the meshes, which would be a problem considering they don't show up in inventory. What looks like its possible is combining the SKSE color function with NiOverride(what dye manager  uses). I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to scripting so that would take a really long time to do myself since I'll have to learn all of those functions enough to try to get them to work together. 

The other thing you mentioned was OsmelMC's new script, which seems like it should work but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work in SE. Also tried it in LE to no avail. It seemed that no texture was actually being set because the meshes kept showing up that transparent purple color that means a texture is missing. And realistically it could just be the way that textures are set up in that mod, don't really know how Osmel's script is supposed to work since I didn't write it. So if we could figure that out maybe that option could have another shot.

So currently working on the NiOverride solution, but honestly don't have much hope. It seems that nobody has figured out how to color match things when it comes to NPCs on any other mod I could find that mentions color matching. If you have any other thoughts or maybe have more experience with scripting and can help it would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to say that we were able to actually figure out script based color matching for NPCs wouldnt it?

I do figured out The main reason was the meshes structure, it need to be like the commons heir meshes structures only notes with NifScpes Tool. If you see the purple color is because the textures files are missing is possible i forget include in the download file. But i use ENBSeries v0.389 for TES Skyrim the previous release of ENB give me the same problem on the texture.

The only problem i see now is in the tone because the pubes in some cases show less saturate that the head hair.

PD: The script was my firs intent to solve the problem and work but the real solution is the meshes i just keep the script because ensure the results.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:13 AM, Karsalian said:

I need to look into it more, but I suspect that the function thats getting the hair color pulls the hair value from the winning record in your load order, so the "curtains" only match the "carpet" when the mesh reflects the same value.  A lot of NPC overhauls have a custom hair shade specified in the facegen nif that doesn't match what's in the ESP because they've been customised with ECE/racemenu, etc after initially being created in the creation kit.

With the dyemanager method of applying a tint via nioveride I think you could avoid setting it as a hair mesh structure and just treat it as a standard slot 52 armor/SoS schlong.  Still have the problem though of getting the matching hair color

Of course I could be completely wrong on this as well.  More reading for me I think!

On 9/15/2019 at 12:15 PM, osmelmc said:

I do figured out The main reason was the meshes structure, it need to be like the commons heir meshes structures only notes with NifScpes Tool. If you see the purple color is because the textures files are missing is possible i forget include in the download file. But i use ENBSeries v0.389 for TES Skyrim the previous release of ENB give me the same problem on the texture.

The only problem i see now is in the tone because the pubes in some cases show less saturate that the head hair.

PD: The script was my firs intent to solve the problem and work but the real solution is the meshes i just keep the script because ensure the results.

I was also using that ENB series version when i was testing in oldrim. wasnt working on a player character or a vanilla NPC. Maybe you could double check your download file and make sure the textures in that. When i looked the texture files included were transparent, which i dont know is something you need for the script to function properly. Maybe this is something we can work together on since you seem to have it figured out for your installation of LE. But it seemed like people in your comments were having problems with it as well last I checked. Please let me know what you think

On 9/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, Karsalian said:

I was also using that ENB series version when i was testing in oldrim. wasnt working on a player character or a vanilla NPC. Maybe you could double check your download file and make sure the textures in that. When i looked the texture files included were transparent, which i dont know is something you need for the script to function properly. Maybe this is something we can work together on since you seem to have it figured out for your installation of LE. But it seemed like people in your comments were having problems with it as well last I checked. Please let me know what you think

Is good to know.

Ok just now i was able to check the uploaded file and even wen not see the purple color. The texture was not right. Still look for the reason. Seems like the texture was not the last i use.

I tell you soon if was really that.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:17 PM, osmelmc said:

Finally manage to get a promising combination ready to test; tell me if solve the problem. This time I use NiOverride to ensure work on any meshes. if color not apply try change room.

PD: Those files are patch, need the original for the meches 

Alternative textures.7z 751.62 kB · 10 downloads SOS Pubic Hair for Females Addon (2019-9-20) 1.3b.7z 1.8 MB · 11 downloads

So i tested this out on a custom follower and on Sigrid and unfortunately they still wont match to the NPC but instead match to the Player Character's hair color. And i coc'ed a couple of times to see if just needed to "change the room" as you said. So im not sure what exactly we need to do, but textures are set up correctly it seems. Just need to figure out how to point the script at the NPC thats being equiped instead of pointing to the character. The other thing I was thinking about is that I dont know whether SOS is adding a seperate mesh for each actor with its own texture or if it is just recycling it

4 hours ago, Karsalian said:

So i tested this out on a custom follower and on Sigrid and unfortunately they still wont match to the NPC but instead match to the Player Character's hair color. And i coc'ed a couple of times to see if just needed to "change the room" as you said. So im not sure what exactly we need to do, but textures are set up correctly it seems. Just need to figure out how to point the script at the NPC thats being equiped instead of pointing to the character. The other thing I was thinking about is that I dont know whether SOS is adding a seperate mesh for each actor with its own texture or if it is just recycling it

Those scripts are not 100% but apply hair color individual the problem is on skyrim hair color system. The meches are made to use Hair Color Tint and the skyrim system try to apply the last Hair Color Update to all the NPC.

My solution was modify the meches to prevent that setting the type to Default. But that give me new problem on Load Game the NiO is suppose to load the color Override instead load a reg glow correspondien to color 0 (0x000000) that fix once you change room or reload the pubic.

233393330_PubicShaderTypeProperties.png.5e450df67578a731810494b4a322e34f.png