Devious Devices for Him (Reboot) SE

View File

I did NOT create this mod. That honor belongs to the Talented -Caden-

I only converted it for Skyrim Special Edition, and have shared it with you with their permission.

If you enjoy this mod, click on the link and give -Caden- some love, and check out their other mods!

The following copied from the original LE page:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Devious Devices for Him (Rebooted)

To start I want to be very clear that I take NO credit for the meshes and/or textures in this mod, below you can read in the credit section of who did the real work on this, all I did was use existing meshes and textures , thank those that deserve the credit for the hard work :)

See below for what was added to work with DD 4.0

20180603010033_1.thumb.jpg.c30e9009643a48c5d352b46ce26d9981.jpg

( Copied from DD for Him version 9)

What's in this mod:

Male meshes for most DD assets and expansion items and an .esp to assign them. Includes minor tweaks to DD such as gender neutral item descriptions and text pop-ups (full version only).

Description:

This mod is designed around making Devious Devices compatible with male characters (specifically the SoS body type). It picks up where KestrelSky's , Wasp, Skullered left off. It now includes male specific meshes for every item in DD assets and expansion (still a few more pieces to work on)apart from vaginal gear. Even the high heel boots, the iron chastity belt and the padded bra now have a male mesh. The same functionality is maintained for female characters, so this mod is also ideal if you just want devices for male NPCs.

About Body-types:

This mod is designed for Schlongs of Skyrim. Apparently it can also work for SAM if you do not use the 'Samson' or 'Samuel' bodies, however I cannot guarantee that it will be flawless for that body mod as I have neither designed for this mod for it, or tested it for SAM.

This mod causes chastity belt items to also occupy slot 52 in order to hide the SoS penis, as such this may give you visual problems with female meshes if you use a mod that gives females a penis.

SoS Bodybuilder body type is not supported and there are no plans to do so.

Download options:

I have not checked to make sure these patches are still viable in a long time, use at your own risk.

A compatibility patch is available for Captured Dreams, which adds male meshes for the Captured Dreams reskinned DD items, in addition all Captured Dreams items now display an inventory image for male characters. The patch contains an .esp only and is not compatible with the "Assets only" version of For Him. (Last updated 16 Nov, 2014 - cleaned up some redundant stuff).

A compatibility patch is available for Kimy's Deviously Cursed Loot v2.6. Credit for this patch goes to Sathar who created it.

If for whatever reason you need a past version, please contact me.

Requirements:

Skyrim (expansions not needed),
Sexlab Framework SE,
Sexlab Aroused Redux SE,
Devious Devices All-In-One SE
Zaz Animation Packs SE (v7 or v8),
Schlongs of Skyrim SE

Does not require KestrelSky's Male Addon, however if you wish to use the cockring that's included in his mod but not in mine, you can install his mod and put it before this one in the load order and it'll work just fine.

Please let me know which DD mods you find work well with this mod and which ones don't so I can put that information here and consider additional compatibility patches as needed.

Known Issues / What still needs doing:

Main things:

-Elf specific collars (they have a much thinner neck than humans).
-Cock cage for iron belt, maybe something for the harness too.
-Scripting tweaks for gender neutral top left text 
-Something something vaginal plugs (right now my advice is to just ignore them if you get one equipped on you)..

-Catsuits

-make mashes for beast races

-hoods

(Please keep in mind that it will take a bit of time to make the meshes because of my job, I really didn't have the time to convert this, but Its been hanging out there forever so I took my day off and half of the night to convert it, the other stuff will get done, just be patient)

Credits:

Skullered for version 9 of this mod.
Veladarius for version 7 of this mod.
KestrelSky for his DD Male Addon mod (the predecessor to this mod).
All the DD team for the DD mods.
Rydin for his inventory meshes.
Sathar for his compatibility patch for Kimy's Cursed Loot mod.

If you enjoy my conversion work and would like to toss a coin to my coffee fund, you can visit my Patreon ~ Nomkaz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/18/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Framework SE, Devious Devices All-In-One SE, Zaz 7 or 8 SE, SL Aroused Redux SE, SOS SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 1:48 AM, Pfiffy said:

Is SOS a hard dependecie or will it also work with SOS light?

I don't see why it wouldn't, since it's 'made for SOS' only means the mesh is shaped/rigged for that body type.
The only thing would be that it might not 'sheath the sword' in the chastity belt since if I remember correctly SOS lite is all one mesh...?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I found that with this mod and DD 4.3, removing a vaginal piercing fails with an error referring to a belt or a harness, regardless of whether any belt or harness is worn.

I eventually realized that the interpretation of the output from the zad_deviceMsgMale/zad_DeviceMsg in the zadPiercingVag_MaleScript.psc bore no obvious resemblance to the interpretation of the output from the zad_DeviceMsg in the zadPiercingVaginalScript.psc.

I studied the vaginal piercings in the Creation kit, and came to the conclusion that zad_deviceMsgMale and zad_DeviceMsg in the psc files referred to the dialogues referred to in the Creation kit itself as zad_piercingVSoulMaleMsg and zad_piercingVSoulMsg.

I modified zad_piercingVSoulMaleMsg in the Creation kit so that its output would conform to the output of zad_piercingVSoulMsg, and copied the section from zadPiercingVaginalScript.psc concerned with interpreting that output into zadPiercingVag_MaleScript.psc.

Then, I tried to generate a new pex.

This failed, because the Special Edition Creation kit requires psc files to be in Data/Source/Scripts, and this mod, being converted from the other edition, has them in Data/Scripts/Source. (There is said to be a configuration somewhere, but half the mods I use do put the psc files in Data/Source/Scripts, so even if it does exist, it does not really help.)

I copied the psc file to Data/Source/Scripts, and tried again.

Guided by the compilation errors, I then copied thirty-something more psc files from Data/Scripts/Source to Data/Source/Scripts (most of them from the sexlab framework; I later realized that extracting all pscs from sexlab and assembling a file that put them all into Data/Source/Scripts when fed to Vortex would probably have saved me some time), downloaded the NiOverride.psc file from NetImmerse (I later realized that installing the RaceMenu Modders Package would have been a better idea), downloaded the ConsoleUtil and extracted the psc from it, and installed FNIS Sexy Move (yes, really).

That left two compilation errors:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "zadPiercingVag_MaleScript"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\sslThreadController.psc(392,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\SexLabFramework.psc(3032,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state
No output generated for zadPiercingVag_MaleScript, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on zadPiercingVag_MaleScript

Then, I went to bed.

Then, after a websearch on the remaining compilation errors, I configured my operating system to use period as a decimal separator, and was finally able to generate a new pex file.

Now, the thing seems to work as I expected it too. (Well, the script. Those particular devices seem to be invisible on male characters.)

Anyway, I hope this might save someone else some of the frustrations of the process. Or, maybe I just want to vent a bit of said frustrations myself. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:11 AM, revenantclaws said:

You say Zaz 7 or 8 is required. The Zaz Animation Packs for SE page has three versions; 7, 8, and 8+.

Will Zaz 8+ work too?

I use 8+ either one should work

Does this mod add a keyword to stop males wearing a belt from using their penis? I typically play a caged trap (in-game female), but I'm always disappointed that I can't figure out a way to stop my character from penetrating other than setting them to female in sexlab, and back to male when they're uncaged. Kind of a pain. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I feel like this is a newb question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if the problem I'm having is with Devious Devices or DD for Him.

I've got this and all the dependencies installed.  DD All-in-one, SOS, XPMSSE, etc.  In BodySlide, however, there's nothing showing up in the "Outfit/Body" dropdown.

Can anyone point out my foolishness?

B

On 7/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, bpmcgee said:

I feel like this is a newb question, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if the problem I'm having is with Devious Devices or DD for Him.

I've got this and all the dependencies installed.  DD All-in-one, SOS, XPMSSE, etc.  In BodySlide, however, there's nothing showing up in the "Outfit/Body" dropdown.

Can anyone point out my foolishness?

B

You need a body. Like Schlongs of Skyrim, or S.A.M., for L.L. mods are almost exclusively geared for SoS, everything should auto-fit all SoS male bodies.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 8:46 PM, TCOM_Charlie said:

Hi, thanks for uploading this.

Are strait jackets and catsuits not supported by this mod?  They still seem to turn my male character invisible after being applied, even though most everything else seems to work fine.  Or have I just not installed this properly?

They may not be. I'd ask @-Caden-

• 1 month later...

So I have this problem where most of the FULL suits from Devious devices are invisible ONLY on male characters (I have refits for him and beast refits). EVERYTHING works on females, but there are plenty of items that make my male character go invisible like the picture. I am using SOS for my male body (which uses the SAM body and integrates SOS).

Sorry apparantly I cant read. You mentioned that Catsuits and stuff are WIP. I really like the idea about the cock cages for the belt replacer. Have you considered collaborating with the author that made Vivis Cock Cages?

Im actually pretty bumbed out that it is not an issue on my end but it is an issue with the mod. How long do you think you will have the catsuits and cock cages completed for this mod? I'm genuinely considering putting my sassy argonian twink role play on pause until that is completed. Let me know if you think that could be realistically soon or if I should just keep playing and disable chastity belts and catsuits.

ScreenShot7.png

On 9/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, vinceagashi said:

So I have this problem where most of the FULL suits from Devious devices are invisible ONLY on male characters (I have refits for him and beast refits). EVERYTHING works on females, but there are plenty of items that make my male character go invisible like the picture. I am using SOS for my male body (which uses the SAM body and integrates SOS).

Sorry apparantly I cant read. You mentioned that Catsuits and stuff are WIP. I really like the idea about the cock cages for the belt replacer. Have you considered collaborating with the author that made Vivis Cock Cages?

Im actually pretty bumbed out that it is not an issue on my end but it is an issue with the mod. How long do you think you will have the catsuits and cock cages completed for this mod? I'm genuinely considering putting my sassy argonian twink role play on pause until that is completed. Let me know if you think that could be realistically soon or if I should just keep playing and disable chastity belts and catsuits.

ScreenShot7.png

I only converted the mod, I didn't make it. There are zero plans from me to do anything more to it, since I have no idea how to build mods. If the original mod gets updated, I will update the SE conversion, that's all I can do.  ViVi said that she will be releasing an SE version of her cages and that NO ONE else is permitted to upload either cage mod. So, you'll have to ask/bug ViVi for that ?

On 9/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, vinceagashi said:

So I have this problem where most of the FULL suits from Devious devices are invisible ONLY on male characters (I have refits for him and beast refits). EVERYTHING works on females, but there are plenty of items that make my male character go invisible like the picture. I am using SOS for my male body (which uses the SAM body and integrates SOS).

ScreenShot7.png

As for the invisibility issue, not everything is covered and this mod is based on an older version of D.D. So, there are things in the current SE version that aren't in the older LE version of DD. Stuff like that won't show due tot hat reason. That and a WiP is a WiP, ?

1 hour ago, nomkaz said:

As for the invisibility issue, not everything is covered and this mod is based on an older version of D.D. So, there are things in the current SE version that aren't in the older LE version of DD. Stuff like that won't show due tot hat reason. That and a WiP is a WiP, ?

Well I appreciate you for letting me know who I should be talking to, and I appreciate you for porting the mods :D

2 hours ago, vinceagashi said:

Well I appreciate you for letting me know who I should be talking to, and I appreciate you for porting the mods :D

I'm just a guy that was ticked off that there were only like 12 SexLab mods converted to SE, so I did something about it. ? You're welcome, thanks!

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

Missing textures on the cockrings.  No textures are included in this mod.  None in Kestrel's either.

The nifs' texture paths mention "newmiller"  A google search gives me a nexus modder going by newmiller.

Ah, so there's a "master" mod needed still. I'll see if I can dig up precisely which of Newmiller's mods is the one being referenced. Thank you SO much fro looking a bit deeper before reporting the issue. It gives us uploaders a bigger start to correcting issue.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:56 PM, vinceagashi said:

Just in case, I decided to "reconvert" the mod. Try this version and see if it works?

Devious Devices For Him (Reboot) SE v3.0.7z

I did a little digging, and Devious Devices - Beast Races is needed for your character:

2 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

Missing textures on the cockrings.  No textures are included in this mod.  None in Kestrel's either.

The nifs' texture paths mention "newmiller"  A google search gives me a nexus modder going by newmiller.

@-Caden- is there a specific mod this is referring to? It's also possible that it's referring to a texture that Devious Devices SE, or ZAZ SE no longer contain.