Super Mutants freeze in death animation.

So I have a weird glitch with super mutants, most of the time when they die, they literally freeze in the death animation, like if the animation would end after a couple of frames. They are also unlootable, but become lootable when I switch the cell.  Could this be related to AAF? Or does someone have an idea where that could come from?

19 hours ago, mikovic76 said:

So I have a weird glitch with super mutants, most of the time when they die, they literally freeze in the death animation, like if the animation would end after a couple of frames. They are also unlootable, but become lootable when I switch the cell.  Could this be related to AAF? Or does someone have an idea where that could come from?

9 hours ago, Nøbex said:

I have this too  sometimes. If there's dismembered parts then you can loot otherwise it's unlootable.

This is a known bug, if you have the new supermutant skeleton by leito required for some AAF animations. they haven't been around in a while so dont know when it will be fixed, your choices are

A, put up with it

B, apparently you can delete the skeleton and they will die as normal, morphs will still work but some animations will not work as intended

C, there is a mod on nexus called "dont lose your head" that stops dismeberment, although some have said it didnt work for them

What's the cause of this issue? For me, some supermutants die normally and some freeze on death. I've had them die normally with dismemberment too, though that was also with a lot of console resurrect, disable, enable, moveto player commands for testing.

As for the skeleton files, are they all the supermutant meshes in the Leito AAF mod?

Edit: I removed the Supermutant meshes from Leito's AAF mod from "Meshes\Actors\Supermutant" but I'm still seeing Supermutants freeze on death.

Is the mesh from the "AAF One Patch to Bang Them All" mod also a problem?

Edit 2: Actually I see a skeleton.hkx and skeleton.nif from the "AAF One Patch to Bang Them All" mod.

14 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

It is not Leitos or the Bang Em Patch...One of the other animation packs gave Super Mutants their own skeleton which is the reason for the conflict. My guess is it is Savage Cabbage or Mutated Lust. There ae only a few mods offering Super Mutant sex animations, so that should narrow the field. My suggestion is just save and reload. Super Mutants all fall down. Tearing out mod files is not the way to go..

Savage Cabbage and Mutated Lust don't have any meshes or skeleton files for Supermutants though.

27 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

Savage Cabbage and Mutated Lust don't have any meshes or skeleton files for Supermutants though.

I went back to past posts on this subject (would help if everyone did some homework) Not sure, but the SM skeleton files being referenced might be those in the game Data folder, not the individual mods, since the game folder actually trumps all else. Also I would suggest you reinstall every mod where you changed files, then reinstall the Bang Em Patch to overwrite(except for BP70 which requires a different fix..)

Saving and loading back works as a quick fix(i dont know how 'cell reset' works in this game, so pardon me if this is a no brainer, just thought i should share), if you dont mind doing this everytime you are done clearing a super mutant base that is, they drop dead and become lootable. 

3 hours ago, tch65721 said:

The mutants freeze when you blow off a limb so if you hit them center mass with the killing shot they drop.  Failing that, you can wack 'em a few times until a limb falls off and they become lootable.

I have been able to instant kill them with head shots. Really starting to believe the freezing is just the luck of a draw.  

I have been seeing this issue as well, and only after installing a variety of AAF mods. I have noticed that high level special mutant variants are not affected, and I think the mutants also are not touched by what ever mod it is that gives them dicks. Both Leito's fo4 animations and one patch have super mutant meshes; and Leito's mod has one specifically called "supermutantdead.nif".  Possibly this mesh isn't being called correctly by the mod.  

If you want to pull those out of the mods, do not delete them, simply make a new folder called "Backup", then a subfolder in that folder with the mod name, and cut/paste or drag/drop the super mutant files into that folder so you know where you got them from.  Better way is the make the backup folder in the folder for that mod, but that requires either MO2 or Vortex (I don't know of other mod managers for FO4 that use individual mod folders). 

On 8/22/2019 at 8:21 AM, nanashi50 said:

I removed the supermutant skeleton from the AAF One Patch to Bang Them All mod and the problem went away.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, maddadicusrex said:

Are their penises still working correctly?

16 hours ago, Abraxas_Virus said:

and how did you removed it??

The issue itself is from the Skeleton [the actual animation's *.hkx, I believe]. It was only partially completed, and without it, several animations with SM's will be wonky/clipping/worse-off.

You can delete the Skeleton.nif and .hkx, and things should go back to normal. Just don't be surprised if a couple of SM animations aren't what they used to be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 2:49 PM, Ulfbearth said:

No news yet. The skeleton still in need to be fixed by someone

Just to confirm that this is still happening. Guess I'm part of the club now.

Edit: For NMM users like myself, removing the skeleton.hkx file under path "steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\Supermutant\CharacterAssets" was enough for me to eliminate this issue. I am not sure to what extent this would affect the AAF animations, though. I am also unsure if direct removal of the file will have any consequences in the long run.

2 hours ago, Vel W said:

Just to confirm that this is still happening. Guess I'm part of the club now.

Edit: For NMM users like myself, removing the skeleton.hkx file under path "steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\actors\Supermutant\CharacterAssets" was enough for me to eliminate this issue. I am not sure to what extent this would affect the AAF animations, though. I am also unsure if direct removal of the file will have any consequences in the long run.

Removing the file is safe and wont break the game afaik. Just like if having it wont break anything too cus when SM freeze, they ragdoll upon cell reload.

Some animations make use of the skeleton for the animated penis like from Mutated lust. It ls the same comparison of EVB (only penis morphs) with Bodytalk (penis morphs and penis bones). its just a matter of animation quality so things will still be operational, just not as good as if you had the skeleton.