Super Mutants freeze in death animation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Kenn77 said:

But not for me :(
I tried every way stated in this forum but SM freeze on death

Β 

Β 

I've read a little bit about this and there appears to be 2 choices.Β  When you install the UAP patch you can choose to have supermutants with working genitals, but this will cause the freezing issue, or you can choose Vanilla which means they don't have working genitals but won't freeze.

Β 

If you choose the working genitals option, there are potentially a couple of work arounds but they are a bit tedious.

- You can kill supermutants, save game, exit and come back, and potentially loot them

- You can kill supermutants, and use the console to select them with your mouse, the text shows on the screen, then type disable and hit enter, and enable and hit enter and then you can loot them

- There was another suggestion about hacking off a limb, and I don't remember if that worked reliably for me

Β 

I don't know of any other solutions that work reliably, I researched it a little bit last month, and that was the best I could find so I went back to "Vanilla"

1 hour ago, Indarello said:

This will fix for 90% cases

Β 

Β 

Thanks for linking back to that fix, I looked at it again just to see if I can make it work.Β  I went ahead and reinstalled UAP and chose extended, because it installs "SuperMutantFreezeFix" plugin, and I loaded that up in xEdit and verified per ZubZaZub's change description, it's the same patch.

Since my character is on Nuka Ride, level 13 and about to go to Diamond City for the first time, I figured I would try it again with the patch to see if the result was different than the previous game I had.Β  So I just tried that a few minutes ago.Β  Unfortunately I am getting the same behavior with this fix plugin installed.Β  Mutant bodies lock into position on death and can't loot them unless one of the work around methods is applied.Β  I'm curious if there's anything else I could be doing to make it work better.

Β 

So @Kenn77 I don't know what all you have tried yet, but for me I've followed the current standard up to date Adult guide, and with UAP option Extended (which is the same as the patch linked by Indarello) I am not successful.Β  Maybe if you try it and it works you can let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, the only thing that has fixed the freezing bug for me has been the SuperMutantFreezeFix.esp included in the UAP installation (it is installed when you choose the "extended" super mutant skeleton for dick-floppin' animations). Unfortunately, that fix has the downside of not allowing you to target super mutant limbs. Not just in VATS, but at all. You can manually shoot a Suicider's right arm, and it won't explode. IMO, it's not worth it... I'm playing a VATS-heavy cowgirl type, so being able to blow up the suiciders is crucial for me. ><;

Β 

Back to the rigid, non-floppy cocks for me. :C

Edited by shar181
2 hours ago, shar181 said:

You can manually shoot a Suicider's right arm, and it won't explode. IMO, it's not worth it... I'm playing a VATS-heavy cowgirl type, so being able to blow up the suiciders is crucial for me.

Β 

In my case, I find the suiciders annoying/silly anyway, so I just replace them with other muties instead.

9 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Β 

That is awfully tempting... maybe I'll save that link for future playthroughs. :3

Β 

Yeah, I got tired of the incessant beeping during violations, and their arms would continue to blink after they got naked and were no longer holding any nukes. Very distracting.

• 3 months later...

Found it! This page has a fix for the freezing super mutants and it works perfectly. If you're having trouble with some of the dicks not working, the AAF Creature Resources will help with that too. Hint: if you removed skeleton files or whatever trying to fix this issue, you can put them back before installing this mod. You're welcome, wierdos. Happy gaming.

Β 

8 minutes ago, Toupoc said:

Found it! This page has a fix for the freezing super mutants and it works perfectly. If you're having trouble with some of the dicks not working, the AAF Creature Resources will help with that too. Hint: if you removed skeleton files or whatever trying to fix this issue, you can put them back before installing this mod. You're welcome, wierdos. Happy gaming.

Β 

Β 

FYI- this is redundant if you have UAP installed (which you really should).

Β 

image.png.0293ef1d1dfa745e663b32131bafaccb.png

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

FYI- this is redundant if you have UAP installed (which you really should).

Β 

Yes, animation patch mods can be helpful, just be cautious to not upgrade your animation packs to newer versions than what the patch supports, since the patches often lag new animation versions by months and can lead to AAF refusing to load.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, MCarter1981 said:

Head shots seem to work for me. Nail em with a head shot theyΒ  die like they're supposed to.

Β 

If you're using a recent version of either UAP or Creature Resources, they come with a fix for this already, so you shouldn't need separate super mutant skeleton/dismemberment fixes any longer.