mrrakkon's Sims (and stuff)

I was about to make a similar post on the missing CC issue. I am used to seeing 2 or 3 missing mods in Tray Importer, I don't use Better Body so that's reasonable. The McFadden household shows 38 missing mods if only that and the shared CC items are present. Adding Alexis to the mix reduced that to 29.

IIRC Natalie was affected the most, I'll check my game soonish and let you know.

4 minutes ago, Loveternity said:

I was about to make a similar post on the missing CC issue. I am used to seeing 2 or 3 missing mods in Tray Importer, I don't use Better Body so that's reasonable. The McFadden household shows 38 missing mods if only that and the shared CC items are present. Adding Alexis to the mix reduced that to 29.

IIRC Natalie was affected the most, I'll check my game soonish and let you know.

That does not sound right yeah. 38 missing is far too much and probably indicates I made a mistake putting together the archive. 

Many sims, particularly the older ones I've played from before I ran batch fixes, also will have a couple of missing CC items due to the game having generated those dumb random situation outfits for them. 

I'm currently otherwise occupied, but I'll check out to see what's up with the McFadden household as soon as I'm able. 

Aaah, the random situation outfit makes sense! I'm looking at Cody having a broken 2nd formal outfit right now, but the McFadden post only shows one formal outfit for her.

Jason's missing his cold weather top, Natalie her first formal dress, her athletic pants, her second sleepwear bra and her 5th hot weather top.

Rest of the family seems fine, but I only took a fast glance through CAS, I hope this helps!

Edit: Jerry's missing cold weather top, Debra's missing cold weather top and sleepwear,

I suspect the one or two missing CAS parts has to do with default replacements too, but I haven’t managed to track down the exact pieces yet. Like you say, it’s not really an issue for gameplay and I don’t see anything out of whack. I only use a handful of the girls so far, and the most any of them has been off for me is 4-6 pieces. (Maybe Mikaela? I don’t recall specifically.)

Thanks, keep up the great work!

2 minutes ago, ThisGhost said:

I suspect the one or two missing CAS parts has to do with default replacements too, but I haven’t managed to track down the exact pieces yet. Like you say, it’s not really an issue for gameplay and I don’t see anything out of whack. I only use a handful of the girls so far, and the most any of them has been off for me is 4-6 pieces. (Maybe Mikaela? I don’t recall specifically.)

Thanks, keep up the great work!

If they look like they do in the outfit previews in the descriptions then you can more or less ignore the misisng CC warnings, it always seems like sims that are played sometimes gather up random bits of CC in some random outfits (career, situational, bathing, etc), and when I put together the archives using the Tray Importer and if I see something I don't recognize then I leave it out.

I think this is going to be more common with older sims (like Mikaela who goes back pretty far actually), because back then my own personal mods folder wasn't nearly as organized as it is now and I didn't batch fix all the CC before I added it to my game, so I had lots of CC that might get randomly applied to an outfit for an example. 

Just reuploaded Thalia Jordan. I've changed things around quite alot actually (see the update notes). Also restructured the description post so it now separates info on Thalia from that on her family. Same has been done with the archive, there's now a separate one with just Thalia and necessary CC and another one which includes her family (and the CC necessary for them), which includes an alternate version of the family with a younger Thalia that I used for the family picture and one of the pictures in the post describing Alexis Vinter after I updated her. Check out the actual post about her (on page 2) for more details. 

01.png.8d5b1462a4fa38308062519f0f772264.png     00.png.e64984a8b9a4c6faf46146684024dcc6.png

@mrrakkonn I love the update! Thalia's got a spot in my heart for sure, I remember planning to have her in the Biology major exactly because you used to have her in the custom career Science and Medicine major. Same for her mother, get her in the Education career instead of the custom one. You ended up doing both!

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Thalia get less innocent. Not just for joining AEP, but I think she used to have Soulmate as an aspiration, now she's a Serial Romantic. And it's awesome that you included a younger version of her!

The only piece of the puzzle I'm missing is an updated Linnie, bonus points if you're inspired and/or have the time to expand on her own family, I think you had the parents' appearance down but didn't give them stories/skills/jobs/etc.

But take your time and work on what you enjoy working on (and don't forget to take a break if you feel burned out!). Just know that your work is really appreciated, I am terrible at making my own Sims and finding creators that put the kind of thought you do behind your Sims is rare!

14 hours ago, Loveternity said:

The only piece of the puzzle I'm missing is an updated Linnie, bonus points if you're inspired and/or have the time to expand on her own family, I think you had the parents' appearance down but didn't give them stories/skills/jobs/etc.

She'll be coming eventually. I've actually made a number of changes to her, body proportions and such. Her hair is kind of tricky to work with as regards clipping (and I don't want to change it) but I did manage to change her a bit so she's a got a bit more athletic bodytype going now. I've also made a number of changes to several of her outfits, small and big. A bit of a preview of that below. 

image.png.6146e30cfa2b3966157de34a892ab7c1.pngimage.png.d3147d49f9b78e0b45ca1d96dd2f1beb.pngimage.png.e56e45fe7b376d063686d84497c931b9.pngimage.png.effca5b8cf5391f80a5de9133c527fda.png

image.png.a4f4c5058b849bed648dc324d77a5780.pngimage.png.a55f23d0f9f0cdd9bd1d481533d849dc.pngimage.png.5efd783d5c481379cf301ad7d1210e83.pngimage.png.bd6cad05dda2fa9f32e24856e638fba0.png

image.png.4c44e6b41f5af765c8820cd10e6b4be3.pngimage.png.60628d141c7fbafa883caf57e9f95b6b.pngimage.png.8b4683dd087def695313bf5083a76840.png

Also made some changes to her sister Cara, I was toying with changing her hair but ended up not liking the result. I also took a look at her outfits, though haven't changed up as many as I've done with Linnie, not yet anyway, mostly just added some new ones and made very small edits. I did switch out her lower back tattoo though, after I fixed a tattoo package I have to make all the tattoos a bit more transparent so they weren't like solid black on the skin. 

image.png.09cf803427cc70185aa6818e01fb202f.png   image.png.b670dbe86f2e8d100a803bf40f08822c.pngimage.png.95b145abd07f1381480d401bd76c965b.png

As for the rest of the family, as you said I do actually have their mother and father done as far as basic appearance goes, but nothing else really. I might consider completing them and putting them in with the update if I can think of how I want to do them by that time. Probably will do it like I did with Thalia's update where they come as a separate archive that includes the whole family as a separate household. Might also consider redoing the younger version of Linnie that I had before, where she's got her natural black hair color, and including that with that archive, at least want to use that for a couple of pictures. 

19 hours ago, IRedLineZx said:

im still getting "missing items" with all the reuploads but it doesn't actually look like anything is missing so its probably something small. great sims nontheless

Not just "small", it may well be non-existent. Thalia's missing a hat according to my Tray Importer, yet @mrrakkonn shows her using 2 hats (1 for Halloween, 1 for Cold Weather) and I have them both. So what's that third hat supposed to be? We'll never know, maybe he was trying out different hats on her and one he didn't use somehow attached itself to the tray files. :P

The majority of missing items are false positives, it's still good practice of course to go through Tray Importer, see what's supposedly missing and check in CAS just in case.

41 minutes ago, Loveternity said:

Not just "small", it may well be non-existent. Thalia's missing a hat according to my Tray Importer, yet @mrrakkonn shows her using 2 hats (1 for Halloween, 1 for Cold Weather) and I have them both. So what's that third hat supposed to be? We'll never know, maybe he was trying out different hats on her and one he didn't use somehow attached itself to the tray files. :P

Tray Importer does detect one of the hijabs I have as being used by her. But that's basically bullshit, as I've never had it on any of her outfits and therefore I did not include it (I don't just blindly export from Tray Importer, I go through every item one by one). 

Situation outfit, generated in the days before I regularly ran batch fixes, is almost certainly the culprit. 

19 minutes ago, erplederp said:

@mrrakkonn I like this version of Linnie, she still got the attitude! ?? Could you please share a link for the hair? It looks great on her.

Sure. I'm not able to check it right at this moment though, but I can say that this is a retexture by someone called wasssabi so if you check out their site you might be able to find it. 

Quick update to the missing CC issue. I just saved off my household (all custom and base game sims, does not include yours) and lot to do a little CC cleanup, and wouldn't you know, they include missing but unused CC too. My lot even includes body part mods! WTF?

So yeah, I agree the game client is a bit confused. There's no issue here. ?