Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

@Mindgames265

Nope to both. One is sort of a conversion from Halo, the other one Bioshock. Both would kill the immersion for me.

To remove NAC X we will have to add a few mods.

So far this is looking very good and we can keep 'Reactor ENB'.

Next bunch of mods i'll add.

Spoiler

Female Mannequin (Fusion Girl)                                          Looks better than the ones from the vanilla game and no broken textures.

Spoiler

Photo475.jpg.1b1bc6abf7b9285af6fc3e35bdaa1625.jpg

Wattz 3000 Sound and Reverb Update

Girls Workshop

Girls Workshop Fusion Girl BodySlide

Dynamic Light Glowing Beverage Pack

?The one with 50% is already noticable bright. Don't go higher.

Pip-Boy Flashlight                                                                 So many light options (works for weapons too)

?REINSTALL 'Pip-Pad' as we need its patch below this mod.

?Can be flagged as ESL.

Projectile Rocket Launcher                                                   The new replacer for 'Rocket Launchers'. This is more realistic than all the RPG in Fallout.

Modern Weapon Replacer - Projectile Rocket Launcher     This will replace 'Modern Weapon Replacer - RPG-7V2 - FOMOD Installer'

Capital Wasteland Mysterious Stranger                               Will replace the old options. Looks cool and works better.

Ketaros Treasures                                                                 Will replace 'Real Comics'. Better mod and waaaay smaller.

Tougher Cars - Durable Vehicles                                          I love this mod! Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

?Can be flagged as ESL. I added two of the options to 'ESL-Flagged ESP'.

Capital Wasteland Bobbleheads and Mojave Snow Globe  Nice alternative

West Tek Tactical Gloves                                                       Works perfectly with a lot of outfits

?Can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final')

Tactical Flashlights                                                                Got them working

?You have to change the used slot of the Pip-Pad for this to work (i use the slot for 'rings').

Modular Kitchen                                                                   Very very nice mod. I knew i had this before

Facials for Everyone - Less than Fresh Faces                        Subtle but very good change to NPC

Power Armor HUD Switcher                                                 Required mod

Suit Up - Unique Power Armor Hud overlays                       Adds to the immersion

Animated Accessible Backpack (Video)                                Another immersion mod 

?Don't forget to merge Animated Accessible Backpack - Military Backpack Patch into the main mod if you use the CC.

Backpacks of the Commonwealth                                        The one i used before i switched to the 'Military Backpack' from the CC

Nostromo Terminal Sounds                                                  Optional sounds for the terminals

Checking

Spoiler

Grenade Expansion Pack

Fusillade Grenade Launcher

Capital Wasteland Mysterious Stranger                             ? Moved up

Spoiler

Reminds me so much of

Power Armor HUD Switcher                                                 ? Moved up

Suit Up - Unique Power Armor Hud overlays                       ? Moved up

Waster Armor                                                                       A bit skimpy but good

Waster Armor - Fusion Girl Bodyslide                                  ?Gaps at the wrist which ruins the mod.

Modular Kitchen                                                                   ?Moved up

Scrap Those Red Rocket Pump Arms                                   Looking good - checking for bugs

?Can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final')

Hidden Armor                                                                       ?Doesn't seem to work with ECO

Hide Helmets 2.0                                                                  ?Not my cup of tea. I'd rather switch to a different outfit.

Starting to seperate the military items (gloves, underarmor, helmets, etc). In the end they will all still fall into the military category but will have subicons. This will avoid a split in the inventory and helps to keep sets together as we now have faction and function combined. Done

Starting to work on the 'BoS' (same procedure). Done

Starting to work on the 'Police' (same procedure). Done

Starting to work on the 'Raider' (same procedure). Had to remove the separation of the raider factions. Done

Starting to work on the 'Minutemen' (same procedure). Done

Edited by Aylis
3 hours ago, make7 said:

Thanks, link worked! 

Had save the mod itself as an archive just in case one didn't pop up somewhere.

I don't think i have deleted any mods i've downloaded in the last 3 years. I did have my 5tb platter bite the dust and lost a ton of archives from mods here on LL i can't get back unless i go to places like a russian site that did a translation on it. 

8 hours ago, jaeos said:

I don't think i have deleted any mods i've downloaded in the last 3 years. I did have my 5tb platter bite the dust and lost a ton of archives from mods here on LL i can't get back unless i go to places like a russian site that did a translation on it. 

I had the same problem a few years ago, and that reminds me I should really really back everything up onto my nas drive, and probably finish populating the drive bays at the same time, now to just find a decent and free backup program that will access nas drives.

OK guys and gals. I'll be uploading an RC version of my icon patches. Don't be surprised if there's more stuff in it than the guide suggests.

But i need feedback!

Did i overdo it? Wrong icons? Suggestions? Etc... I'm getting crosseyed here typing and staring at the screen for weeks, so expect a bug here and there (AKM, SOCOM, uniques...) or a missing icon (those who can tell me for which mod that is gets a cookie).

Tags Extended.7z

Aylis Sorting - Base Game.7z

Aylis Icon Patches.7z

Btw. How do you know the 'Children of Atom' are nuts?

Spoiler

I had to add ten (!) icons for them alone.

Edited by Aylis

Ok, Feedback.  You're driving me nuts, lady.  I've installed everything you recommend in the list, and I'm STILL running out of ESPs.  The problem is your choices are too damn good, and I don't want to drop anything, but theres no room to add more.  And THEN you come up with more brilliant suggestions.  ?

Someday I'm going to play through this game.  At this rate I'll be lucky if I actually use half the things in there now.  But it's too fun exploring your choices.

Alice...rabbit holes....yeah, I get it now.

42 minutes ago, DarthNyriss said:

... I've installed everything you recommend in the list, and I'm STILL running out of ESPs.  The problem is your choices are too damn good, and I don't want to drop anything, but theres no room to add more. ...

Have you installed the file from here: ESL-Flagged ESP?

There's a very good reason i created those files...

Untitled.jpg.050df153e47e0ff065dc11bb658fd165.jpg

And there are conversion instructions on page #1 for those i can't upload here. ?

Edited by Aylis

Next up in my "This is a stupid question" series....

For some reason, my load order (right pane) is sorting itself by moving ESLs higher up the list than the left pane order....if that makes sense...is this all right?  I mean the ESMs I know go up on top, but the ESLs moving up is ok?

Thank you Aylis for the time invested in here and your passion. I'm new into modding so I'm following your up to date guide. It take a lot of days (maybe more than a week) to start from zero. At the moment I am learning how to correctly use and customize bodyslide presets and so on... not so simple ?

Also I would like to know if someone have a backup of "Look At Me - Minutemen Edition".

Thank a lot ?

4 hours ago, XIss said:

Thank you Aylis for the time invested in here and your passion. I'm new into modding so I'm following your up to date guide. It take a lot of days (maybe more than a week) to start from zero. At the moment I am learning how to correctly use and customize bodyslide presets and so on... not so simple ?

Also I would like to know if someone have a backup of "Look At Me - Minutemen Edition".

Thank a lot ?

Do not fall into the trap several people have. Adding mods you personally like before you have this list done. Do this list first. Then add in mods you like. But use your head when you add mods. "Does this mod REPLACE any of the original mods?" If yes, disable those mods (the esl patch will have several mods show up as "redundant" leave those). If you like the super slooty versions of outfits, does it replace ALL or just SOME. If ALL, disable the mod it replaces, if SOME, leave it enabled or you will have a few outfits that do not look the same as the rest. 

@Skag

Thanks for that. Added it and kept the alternative too

@nehemmiah

Should work fine.

@Mindgames265

Some might be useful (and i'll add those). But after 200 years most resources should already have been plundered. So having that much loot in containers and cars just feels wrong to me. 

Testing 'Facials for Everyone - Less than Fresh Faces' atm. If it works out then we have a great addition to the guide. Looking good and no problems so far (will be testing it a bit longer). Found no issues in the central hubs and in random encounters - will be added.

And the guys from 'Capital Wasteland' dropped their next mod: Capital Wasteland Bobbleheads and Mojave Snow Globes. Not sure if it is useful to us, but i'll check it (like every other mod from them) too. It does conflict with the other replacer with the bobbleheads. I'll add it as an optional mod and you can decide for yourself which one you prefer.

Spoiler

Photo482.jpg.31b703d85eef496ba3f46c48c137f17e.jpg

And another interior screenshot

Spoiler

Photo477.jpg.6b1571afe0054a025c488f69369e0017.jpg

Edited by Aylis

I'm down to the last two recommended weapon mods.

In the last few days i've been going through a lot of mods. Creating needed patches and ESLifying quite a few of them too. Best thing is that i rediscovered some mods i've been missing for some time now (they simply vanished over the years) and will now be able to readd them into the guide. I've always had the feeling something was missing when i opened some menus. The mod 'Modular Kitchen' is a very good example for that.

Immersion will go up quite a bit. I'll add a few mods for that alone.

Generally i think i got the balance right. All factions were made stronger, the weapons feel 'right' and you really don't want to be on the receiving end of the new turrets. Overall the game gets harder, but if you use your brain.exe and the new equipment, it is way more rewarding to overcome obstacles.

PA's are now more rare and rewarding too (not 'meh, another one' anymore). Bethesda was giving them away in FO4 like sweets on Halloween, while in previous games they were something you'd get much much later in the game.

In a way i think i managed to push FO4 even beyond my heavily modded FO3 (which looked almost like the modded FO4 now). Only that we now have a few more options to play the game...

Edited by Aylis