Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Ok I found the stuttering mod. I first removed "facial for everyone" which helped a lot but there was still some micro stutter, same but smaller impact with "NPC travel". Long story short, it was "Natural Face Textures 2K All in One" in loose files. Once I tried the ba2 version,  the stutter disapeared. Now I'm a bit lazy to redownload again facial for everyone, but if I understand things correctly, NFT 2K should apply also to these two NPC mods.

Yeah GTX1080 could be replaced, but not with the actual prices, I hope it will change soon.

Yes, 

Whenever a BA2 is offered use it, the compression works better than loose file with FO4's engine. Also along that line , always download the ESP when offered and use WYRE bash to flag it as an ESL. This is due to the fact that not all ESLs play well with other mods and if  you have problems (usually with masters) you can remove the ESL flag. So TLTR: ESP to ESL gives you more control over files than a straight ESL. 

V/R

And when you are ready to buy a new GPU here is a good resource

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

Just remember to buy three tiers higher or you wont notice the performance gains

Just like the old axiom if its not a 25% performance boost don't buy it...a lot of people slave over RAM speeds which as long as the CAS latency is the lowest you can afford, the speed has less impact.

Edited by Cloud_1

Upcoming changes (NOT finished yet)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Heckler and Koch - Mk 23 SOCOM                                                            Bugs out. Fixing it breaks other weapons, so it gets replaced with the installed Glock.

CROSS Mojave Manhunter                                                                         Not needed anymore

CROSS Mojave Manhunter for FG                                                                              ''

Rusty Face Fix                                                                                              Included in HPFR

Look At Me - Minutemen Edition                                                               Was removed by the OA. Alternative works fine

Mods to be added

Spoiler

HiPoly Faces REDUX (Seamless Kit)                                                             Nice improvement

?Merge 'HiPoly Faces REDUX (Fusion Girl Seamless)' into the main mod

(Optional) Lots More Male Hairstyles                                                         Something for the guys

?Skip it if you don't intend to make a male character.

(Optional) Lots More Facial Hair                                                                                   ''

Magnolia - A Synth Fatale (Agent X Version)                                              Very good replacer

Piper - a Curious Beauty (Black Hair)                                                                         ''

Fallout 4 High Heels System                                                                        Can't avoid it anymore

Converse Shoes and High Sneakers                                                            Lorefriendly and gives us more options for the PC.

Crimsomrider's Accessories                                                                         Required for FWM

No AWKCR and AE for Crimsomrider's Accessories

?Can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final')

Rubys Round Glasses - Replacer                                                                  I really like those

Vtaw Wardrobe 1                                                                                         Very nice outfit

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 1 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Vtaw Wardrobe 4                                                                                         Something for Ivy

?Merge Vtaw Wardrobe 4 V1.1 .esp into the main mod.                         Patch

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 4 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Far West Minutemen (Vanilla)                                                                      Replacer for 'Look At Me - Minutemen Edition'

?Sadly no bodyslide support for FG.

(Optional) Scrappable pump arms no DLC                                                  Found no issues and it is a big help for building at 'Red Rocket'.

(Optional) Real heartbeat sound                                                                 Optional sounds, better than vanilla.

?Pick your choice

Nixie Wall Clocks                                                                                         They actually work

PWR - Passive Water Resources                                                                  Don't add too many. Otherwise your settlement will have a high risk of being attacked.

RobCo Terminals                                                                                          Good for empty desks

Settlers Go Shopping                                                                                   Immersion in settlements

Working Postcard Display for Ketaros Treasures                                         Let's show those collectibles

M84 FlashBang                                                                                            Surprisingly good

Checking out

Spoiler

Magnolia - A Synth Fatale (Agent X Version) freshes her up. Nice option.

Piper - a Curious Beauty (Black Hair) Update to HPFM

Curie - A French Sparrow (Classic Version) 

Cait - an Irish Wildcat  (Bully Version) 

Added 'Some synths got a broken face. OA is aware and looking into the issue.' to 'Synthetic Variations'. 

HiPoly Faces REDUX (Seamless Kit) got an update for FG and works nicely. Now i can finally check the overhauled faces from LamaKreis (an extremely good and wellknown OA for NPC overhauls).

Updated the 'Tags Overview.xlsx' for the icon patches to the newest version. Hopefully i won't have to add more icons in the future...

Edited by Aylis
Update

@Aylis

Started looking at Far West Minutemen, and in theory should not be a difficult to get FG to work with it. The CBBE bodyslides that exist for the CBBE version work quite well once converted to FG and cover all the clothes items so far that I can see. There are some Eli items that it overwrites the nifs/materials for (depending on where in the load order it exists) but those are overwritten by my Final > Bodyslides for the Eli gear so those are covered for FG already.

I liked the look of it so wanted to have it setup for my game, and have reached out to 4estGimp about permissions to upload once I am done.

**Correction and Update**
Derp on my part, 4estGimp only did the version that removed AWKCR and CROSS Cybernetics, and after he and I messaged each other, I am getting the required permissions from Morphion for the original mod. 

Edited by kesryth
Correction and Update
On 3/31/2022 at 5:33 PM, Magma57 said:

Yeah GTX1080 could be replaced, but not with the actual prices, I hope it will change soon.

Depending on your budget you can get a navi gpu for a few hundred, the better the gpu there are obviously price hikes to go along, but a middle of the road new last year gpu is running about 800 right now.

Looking through the threads, the general consensus is that GPU pricing is falling fairly quickly, and they might start to normalize late Q2 / early Q3.  Also of note CPU prices are dropping as well. Good news for the Ryzen folks looking to upgrade to Zen 3, I saw a 5600x sale for $199, during the March Madness events. 

On 4/1/2022 at 12:04 AM, Cloud_1 said:

Also be aware the 1080 is starting to show it's age and once the GPU prices come down to normal, replacing it would be my first upgrade. That said, older games struggle with newer CPUs there are some threads/ mod  to allow the use of Vulkan Physics with those GPUs. 

V/R

On 4/1/2022 at 12:33 AM, Magma57 said:

[...]Yeah GTX1080 could be replaced, but not with the actual prices, I hope it will change soon.

23 hours ago, jaeos said:

Depending on your budget you can get a navi gpu for a few hundred, the better the gpu there are obviously price hikes to go along, but a middle of the road new last year gpu is running about 800 right now.

I would not replace a working 1080 right now. Not with ada lovelace and rdna3 five to six months away.

400 bucks now will get you a 3050 or 6600.

If you can afford to wait the 7600/7700xt (whatever the first navi33 gpu is going to be) will end up in the same price bracket while giving a 3090 a run for its performance.

If you are a dead set nvidia fetishist ada lovelace will aim to deliver a similar performance uplift (and double as a really good space heater too!) but there is no scuttlebut yet when lower end 40 series will be on shelves.

Aylis...before you remove Mojave Manhunter, have you seen Look At Me - Goodneighbor Edition?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57248

(By the way, extremely trivial note:  did you know it's either spelled Mohave, or Mojave, depending on which side of the California/Nevada border you're on?  Ah, the old stomping grounds.  A nice place too come home from.)

(EDIT)  Oh, by the way, while downloading your pre-built Bodyslides, I noticed the Precursor Suit was missing.  Was this intentional?

Edited by DarthNyriss

I'm a bit down. Got my vaccination on Friday and it seems to have some side effects. Atm i need both hands just to raise a cup of coffee... Better don't ask about the rest (or why i have 'I'm still standing' looping in my head. I hate that song!).

@DarthNyriss

Yeah, saw it and don't like it. This massive change imo doesn't fit Goodneighbor.

This was a bug of LL. I reuploaded the file and it should work now.

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.6'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Bugfixes and some visual updates. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

Modern Weapon Replacer - Glock 19x (to add it as a replacer for the 10 mm)

Removed mods:

Spoiler

PC

Additional Body Textures                                                                            Not needed anymore

NPC

Cait fidelity                                                                                                  Got a better replacer

Curie - The Return                                                                                                       ''

Armor

CROSS Mojave Manhunter                                                                         Not needed anymore

CROSS Mojave Manhunter for FG                                                                              ''

Override

Rusty Face Fix                                                                                              Included in HPFR

Armor and Weapons Override

Look At Me - Minutemen Edition                                                               Was removed by the OA. Alternative works fine (some might say better).

Heckler and Koch - Mk 23 SOCOM                                                            Bugs out. Fixing it breaks other weapons, so it gets replaced with the installed Glock.

Heckler and Koch - Mk 23 SOCOM - AMD PATCH                                     Not needed anymore

Modern Weapon Replacer - HK Mark 23 SOCOM - FOMOD Installer                        ''

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Perfect landscape                                                                                         An improvement but quite big.

FO4SE

Fallout 4 High Heels System                                                                        Can't avoid it anymore

PC

HiPoly Faces REDUX (Seamless Kit)                                                             Nice improvement

?Merge 'HiPoly Faces REDUX (Fusion Girl Seamless)' into the main mod

(Optional) Lots More Male Hairstyles                                                         Something for the guys

(Optional) Lots More Facial Hair                                                                                   ''

NPC

Cait - an Irish Wildcat  (Bully Version)                                                          Upgrade to HPFR

Curie - A French Sparrow (Classic Version)                                                                ''

Piper - a Curious Beauty (Black Hair)                                                                         ''

Magnolia - A Synth Fatale (Agent X Version)                                                             ''

Armor

Converse Shoes and High Sneakers                                                             Lorefriendly and gives us more options for the PC.

Crimsomrider's Accessories                                                                          Required for FWM

No AWKCR and AE for Crimsomrider's Accessories

?Can be flagged as ESL (see 'Final')

(Optional) Rubys Round Glasses - Replacer                                                  I really like those

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 1                                                                         Very nice outfit

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 1 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 4                                                                         Something for Ivy

?Merge Vtaw Wardrobe 4 V1.1 .esp into the main mod.                           Patch

(Optional) Vtaw Wardrobe 4 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Far West Minutemen (Vanilla)                                                                       Replacer for 'Look At Me - Minutemen Edition'

?Sadly no bodyslide support for FG atm.

Sound

(Optional) Real heartbeat sound                                                                   Optional sounds, better than vanilla.

?Pick your choice

Override

Easy Hacking                                                                                                At a certain level of hacking it only becomes a boring waste of time.

Building

(Optional) Nixie Wall Clocks                                                                         They actually work

(Optional) RobCo Terminals                                                                          Good for empty desks

PWR - Passive Water Resources                                                                   Working ressource generation

?Don't add too many. Otherwise your settlement will have a higher risk of being attacked due to the water.

Patches

(Optional) Scrappable pump arms no DLC                                                  Found no issues and it is a big help for building at 'Red Rocket'.

(Optional) Settlers Go Shopping                                                                  Immersion in settlements. Also a usable fix for the trader in 'Coastal Cottage'

(Optional) Working Postcard Display for Ketaros Treasures                        Let's show those collectibles

Armor and Weapons Override

M84 FlashBang                                                                                            Surprisingly good

Final

(Optional) Coastal Cottage                                                                          Makes the location usable

Uploads

Updated (in case someone missed it): 

WIP

Checking out

Spoiler

You Getta Da Pie                                                                                       Feels too cheaty...

☑️Easy Hacking                                                                                             Added

☑️Perfect landscape                                                                                      Added

Nuka World Transit Center Overhaul                                                         Nice idea

Combat Zone Restored - Restored                                                            Needed?

Don't Stop Protecting Me                                                                          Needed?

Nuka World Plus                                                                                         Possible fix for Nuka World

Fallout 4 AI Overhaul                                                                                  Interesting, will require 'Goodneighbor Patch' and 'Fallon's Revisited Patch' too.

?The patch for goodneighbor is for another mod.

NPC Accuracy Revised                                                                                Adds some logic to the game

?Can be flagged as ESL

Skeeto Spit improved by Life Giver Perk                                                   Now they become useful?

?Can be flagged as ESL

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.6 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)
On 4/2/2022 at 12:10 PM, kesryth said:

@Aylis

Started looking at Far West Minutemen, and in theory should not be a difficult to get FG to work with it. The CBBE bodyslides that exist for the CBBE version work quite well once converted to FG and cover all the clothes items so far that I can see. There are some Eli items that it overwrites the nifs/materials for (depending on where in the load order it exists) but those are overwritten by my Final > Bodyslides for the Eli gear so those are covered for FG already.

I liked the look of it so wanted to have it setup for my game, and have reached out to 4estGimp about permissions to upload once I am done.

**Correction and Update**
Derp on my part, 4estGimp only did the version that removed AWKCR and CROSS Cybernetics, and after he and I messaged each other, I am getting the required permissions from Morphion for the original mod. 

As an update, still waiting on the approval from Morphion, but digging around in the files, with the exception of the accessories and dog armor, the only other pieces so far appear to be a mash up of Wasteland Fashion and Eli's armor meshes. This means that using bodyslide to create the files for eli's will cover this mod (so far working in mine that way) and digging through the FG conversion thread I found some bodyslides for the Wasteland Fashion items which I am currently reviewing for their quality. In theory this means that the combination should cover the FG needs :D

hope that makes sense.. does in my brain :D

Also, the WF items used in Far West consist of Alice, CptKells, Rodeo_Modest, and Witch when looking at which bodyslides to build from in the conversion file.

Edited by kesryth

Going through the lighting again i added the Subgroup: ENB and Weather. Testing some combinations i created three options for you to choose from (which all differ a bit in regard to the used mods).

Surprisingly the smallest option with 'Spectrum ENB' delivers a very good visual experience and comes very close to the heavier 'Reactor ENB'.

Spoiler

Spectrum ENB / Far Harbor

Photo534.jpg.95ef755a4b07aaaec2240ba63fd98215.jpg

Photo537.jpg.25e0a79850de17dcbd2f3ca70d2def38.jpg

Building up defenses

Photo538.jpg.8c613b767572451e5452fa78712426dd.jpg

On 4/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, alaunus01 said:

I would not replace a working 1080 right now. Not with ada lovelace and rdna3 five to six months away.

400 bucks now will get you a 3050 or 6600.

If you can afford to wait the 7600/7700xt (whatever the first navi33 gpu is going to be) will end up in the same price bracket while giving a 3090 a run for its performance.

If you are a dead set nvidia fetishist ada lovelace will aim to deliver a similar performance uplift (and double as a really good space heater too!) but there is no scuttlebut yet when lower end 40 series will be on shelves.

Absolutely, i knew they would both drop a new card, but due to time constraints (i'm at work and away from a computer for 14-16 hours awake and 6 hours sleeping) i lost track of when nvidia and amd were both supposed to drop their first iterations, i assumed it would be around halloween so people can buy for christmas. 400 plus tax (depending on state/country) will add another 40ish bucks is a really good deal for basically double the gains. The 3070 ftw3 are going for about 830 (i'm not a fetishist, but i am a snob when it comes to WHO i will buy from) zotac and evga are about the only 2 i trust to not fuck up the power delivery systems like asus and MSI did a few years back with using less and cheaper pills than any of their competitors for the same card. Since i have owned like 3 ati cards in my life (2 were sapphire r9 370x (i got them for free after some poor assholes mining rig took some water damage and fried the hard drive, guy just walked away from it and said i could have it all. ( i really really wanted to get the HD to work, even just 1 time))), one was a gigabyte so i'm not even in the same neighborhood of informed when it comes to ATI. Interested, yup, but to upgrade i will need to build a whole new computer since my happy little self is NOT going to disassemble a water loop (i probably need to anyway to separate the cpu and gpu loops) but i think this go around i am just going to AIO the chip and air cool the gpu. But then you never know, i may decide i will double loop the next one and spend WAY more than i should to make it look pretty. 

42 minutes ago, jaeos said:

[...]i lost track[...]

let me catch you up

TL/DR version:

Signs point to AMD scoring a clear win next GPU generation, thus Nvidia is tapping out TDP and trying to release as early as they can. Generational gains on CPUs over the next generations are going to be insane too.

GPU rumors:
Performance increase from current to next generation is going to be ~100% for team red and ~80% for team green with amd closing the gap on raytracing. Though nvidia had to crank up power consumption to 11 for those 80%. 4090 a 600w card vs 7900xt at 450w with amd probably taking the performance crown by a good 15%. Going to be interesting how nvidia marketing is going to weazel itself out of that.
Now if you are stuck on a really erm... well-aged? gpu that no longer cuts the mustard and are on a tighter budget there is a third option coming up before next gen.

Intel is working on desktop gpus too, and because they somehow dropped the ball they will have to buy marketshare. Their 'upcoming' lineup targets lower end to medium range and every month delay forces them to price them more competitive. Top model aims to be 3070 equivalent. Had they managed to release that in february intel would have been hailed the saviors of the gpu crisis. If they get further delayed until maybe one month before the 4090 launches a 3070ish GPU just looks silly. Team blue is playing catch up and might need until '24-'25 before they can go head to head. Still a brief window where a 400bucks or less 3070 equivalent card would be a deal.

CPU welcome to the core wars insanity:

End of this year we will get a 24 core consumer desktop cpu.
Next year a 32 core.
Let
that
sink
in

----snip----

Apologies for the hardware intermission.

2 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

No apologie needed. If the information helps to get a better gaming experience i'm all for it.

Small addendum:

When it comes to gaming don't overestimate the core count of the CPU. For gaming and the usual 'normal' tasks a CPU with 6 cores / 12 threads is still more than enough and i wouldn't recommend more than 8 cores / 16 threads. Only if you work with applications (like video editing or CAD) that do require some power i'd go higher.

A better approach would be to optimize the system. With Intel you can try to overclock the CPU, for AMD only optimize the settings (overclocking the CPU is rarely worth the effort as the automatic works fine out of the box).

The better option for AMD is to get the right RAM.

1. 3600 MHz for the RAM is very good as it doesn't overtax the memory cntroller of your Ryzen. But the timings can get expensive here.

2. Having RAM with 3200 MHz but faster timings (CL 14 or 16) can be better, and usually more stable, than faster RAM.

3. More RAM is usually better than having less but faster RAM.

4. Don't go for cheap 'brands'. The best results i had were with Corsair, Crucial/Micron, GSkill, and GEIL. TeamGroup is relatively unknown here, but some say they are good too.

But the most important thing is the one a lot of users skimp on: make sure you got a good PSU (you don't want something like this here).

10 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

let me catch you up

TL/DR version:

Signs point to AMD scoring a clear win next GPU generation, thus Nvidia is tapping out TDP and trying to release as early as they can. Generational gains on CPUs over the next generations are going to be insane too.

GPU rumors:
Performance increase from current to next generation is going to be ~100% for team red and ~80% for team green with amd closing the gap on raytracing. Though nvidia had to crank up power consumption to 11 for those 80%. 4090 a 600w card vs 7900xt at 450w with amd probably taking the performance crown by a good 15%. Going to be interesting how nvidia marketing is going to weazel itself out of that.
Now if you are stuck on a really erm... well-aged? gpu that no longer cuts the mustard and are on a tighter budget there is a third option coming up before next gen.

Intel is working on desktop gpus too, and because they somehow dropped the ball they will have to buy marketshare. Their 'upcoming' lineup targets lower end to medium range and every month delay forces them to price them more competitive. Top model aims to be 3070 equivalent. Had they managed to release that in february intel would have been hailed the saviors of the gpu crisis. If they get further delayed until maybe one month before the 4090 launches a 3070ish GPU just looks silly. Team blue is playing catch up and might need until '24-'25 before they can go head to head. Still a brief window where a 400bucks or less 3070 equivalent card would be a deal.

CPU welcome to the core wars insanity:

End of this year we will get a 24 core consumer desktop cpu.
Next year a 32 core.
Let
that
sink
in

----snip----

That was the shortest cliff notes version i have seen over gpu and cpu wars in well.. ever.. so.. next build.. amd gpu and simply because they are impressive an amd 3950x (that i happen to have just sitting in a drawer..) evga amd board ( i know.. what the hell) corsair or crucial ram, because i've never had one fail a 1000w evga PSU.. damn.. need a case.. or i could free-ball it and build one.. but i don't want to spend 3k on a brass case.. ARGH.. (i eventually want to build at least one steam/diesel/nuka punk case) so many elements are the same, but so many are small variances that define which one i am building. like nixie tubes. they are common across all three, but a steam gauge is only in 2, whereas a radiograph would be only in one. Then i would hafta spend the time to build a loop for it, murky white for steam, radioactive green for nuke, and a mix of green and brown for the diesel.. agh.. options options.. and i know damn well i will need to convert over.. a lot of solid state drives..

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

No apologie needed. If the information helps to get a better gaming experience i'm all for it.

Small addendum:

When it comes to gaming don't overestimate the core count of the CPU. For gaming and the usual 'normal' tasks a CPU with 6 cores / 12 threads is still more than enough and i wouldn't recommend more than 8 cores / 16 threads. Only if you work with applications (like video editing or CAD) that do require some power i'd go higher.

A better approach would be to optimize the system. With Intel you can try to overclock the CPU, for AMD only optimize the settings (overclocking the CPU is rarely worth the effort as the automatic works fine out of the box).

The better option for AMD is to get the right RAM.

1. 3600 MHz for the RAM is very good as it doesn't overtax the memory cntroller of your Ryzen. But the timings can get expensive here.

2. Having RAM with 3200 MHz but faster timings (CL 14 or 16) can be better, and usually more stable, than faster RAM.

3. More RAM is usually better than having less but faster RAM.

4. Don't go for cheap 'brands'. The best results i had were with Corsair, Crucial/Micron, GSkill, and GEIL. TeamGroup is relatively unknown here, but some say they are good too.

But the most important thing is the one a lot of users skimp on: make sure you got a good PSU (you don't want something like this here).

I have had corsair, crucial and geil ram in one system or another over the several computers. Team group isn't bad.. they just aren't good either. They are a respectable mid-pack that doesn't stand out in any one thing. The crucial ram is still running in a 8 year old system, (lga 1151 4 core) the geil is still running on a 7740x 4core and the corsair is currently running on 3 systems. The one set of teamgroup i bought went away in another computer i built for a friend and he went as cheap as he could. haven't heard anything about it going to shit, but that was when you were forced to upgrade to 10 from 7 to unlock all of the cpu stuff (without workarounds) EVGA is probably one of the top PSU makers that i have seen, i have several that are 8 years or so old and haven't had a single issue out of them.