Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

7 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Apparently knocking a mirelurk down with a pistol is a feature, but if it happens to you on survival you're screwed. at least thats what i got from the page so i paraphrased it 

Oh most definitely screwed :D  I removed it as survival is hard enough and i dont need the frustration of being a punching bag without a chance to fight back.

Recently started a test run on Very Hard and using AdvancedNeeds-76, seems to work pretty good so far, but want to toy with the settings before i commit to a full playthrough using it.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth @jaeos

Have you tried to move 'Realistic Death Physics - No Animations' and 'Realistic Ragdoll Force - Explosions' below the mod? That might help.

Also there are versions that remove the stagger from the player or remove it completely.

Will try it and see if it makes a difference, thanks for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. The first one you mentioned.

2. Got no Nvidia so i can't say anything about that mod.

Thanks for the heads up about that! I totally missed that note about ZeX, went through and made a patch that removes those two guns so it should work fine now. I had been getting some ctd and I thought it was the nvida fix I posted but it was probably that lol 

1 hour ago, DarthNyriss said:

Having never done it before, how would an idiot such as myself actually download off Bethesda?  All I seem to be able to do is add it to the library. 

I'll go back and sit on the noob step now.

you do it through the mods list inside the game, when you do it through MO2 it saves the downloaded content into the overwrite, you then create mod with it. you can do one at a time or a bunch of them and then separate them.

Preview: Aylis Icon Patches

I'm reworking all the icon patches i created. This here is the work of a whole day:

There will be still some typos in the second one, but i've had enough for today ;), and i want to give you a glimpse what will be coming next.

Files removed - Update available

PS.

Don't use this together with the ones from page #1!

Continuing the work on the patches. I'm slowly filling the gaps in the inventory.

There will be one or two patches (the ones with an index work) so you can pick what you need. ?

Spoiler

Don't forget you can merge the files later.

Untitled.jpg.4ef53503ffeae39446c42d9a483830bc.jpg

And i havn't gotten all the mods i have to patch... ?

Edited by Aylis

Strange things going on.  I tried starting a new game from scratch.  When the Vault-Tec rep came to the door it was night outside.  Vault 111 was almost pitch dark, and a lot of objects missing, things didn't activate, etc.  I'm not sure what is going haywire but I'll find it eventually.  Does this ring familiar to anyone else?  At first I thought it was the ENB, but missing objects?  Something is not playing nicely with something else.

@DarthNyriss

Might be the same start problem as with Helgen in Skyrim. The starting area has always been sensitive in Bethesda games.

Release candidate 1: Aylis Icon Patches

I've been reworking all the icon patches i created before. This here is the work of the last wo days:

Tags Extended V2.7z

Sorting - Base Game V2.7z

Aylis Icon Patches V2.7z

Typos should now be fixed. The only missing patches are the ones for most of the weapons (those were always problematic) and i might have to rework a few settings in the 'Tabs XML' (to move an item within the tabs). But so far everything else is showing up in the inventory and the workbench.  

And the bobblehead for 'Perception' dropped.

And i heard you needed a few weapons... Just merge it with the other 'Icon Patches'

Aylis Icon Patches - Weapons.7z

Tomorrow i'll start to look for items that still have no icon. But now i need some sleep (have been on it for ~12 hours now). Good night everyone...

Edited by Aylis
7 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Strange things going on.  I tried starting a new game from scratch.  When the Vault-Tec rep came to the door it was night outside.  Vault 111 was almost pitch dark, and a lot of objects missing, things didn't activate, etc.  I'm not sure what is going haywire but I'll find it eventually.  Does this ring familiar to anyone else?  At first I thought it was the ENB, but missing objects?  Something is not playing nicely with something else.

Nope i use the quick start stuff for either the synth thing or start as a fellow vault popsicle that has some interesting reading on the terminal if you have never done it. Or a scav near the vault. you will get a quest to go find the vault. 

@CrazyOldGeezer

Happy to hear that you like it.

Nice pictures btw. :)

94 patches atm and ~80 icons added/changed. But it is now slowing down and i started to try to make the icons similar over the mods (might have picked the wrong icon for some). But it is all finally coming together and looking good.

All food is now showing up in 'food' and all icons are fixed.

Weapons are prissy as usual (every OA seems to create them differently) and they don't have an icon in the crafting menue (or they do and break something else).

Armors show up fine. The only thing are additions to them. Should those show up in the corresponding set or be sorted for their function?

Junk got split. Resources are together and their type should be easier to see.

Got three items without icons left and absolutely no clue which mod adds them.

Edited by Aylis

Ok, this one has me stumped.  So the game is working fine...character creation, Vault 111, all the mods.

But.

Somewhere, somehow, the default female underwear is showing up.  The first thing I checked were conflicts with the 8k skin.  Nothing.  Reinstalled it, making sure it didn't somehow go to nevernude.  No joy.

I still have a couple of things to check, but if anyone has a suggestion, you have my undivided attention.

44 minutes ago, DarthNyriss said:

I still have a couple of things to check, but if anyone has a suggestion, you have my undivided attention.

You didn't use only the 'nude' body when creating the bodyslides.

Up at 100 patches (i'll have to come up with a guide to merge them). Maybe i'll make a version with all non-optional mods.

The previously missing icons were fixed, but there are still some hidden items in the workbenches. I might later add a list with the names of the items as more eyes are better at finding the mod that introduced them...

The mod 'Children Atom PA' is a total PITA! Looks like i can only add icons to the unmodified parts (and even that is wonky).

@MK198914

1. Big pics belong into spoilers.

2. That can happen even in vanilla FO4. And without an indication where exactly that is i can't check it on my side.

Edited by Aylis

Bodyslides.  ARRRGGGGHHH!!  The one thing that never occurred to me.  Thank you Aylis.

I do have one final question and I promise, I won't ask any again for....an hour.  At least.

Is there something wrong, or is it just a thing I have to live with...every time any female speaks, her breasts bounce, even though she isn't moving.  Have to say it's a bit distracting but it's a minor point.

By the way, has anyone seen this?  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25254

Trivia note:  If the two Nates and Noras in the above mod look very similar, it's because they are.  There are actually two versions of Nate and Nora:  The original ones, which weren't used but still in the game files, and the playable ones. 

The more you know.

Edited by DarthNyriss
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@MK198914

1. Big pics belong into spoilers.

2. That can happen even in vanilla FO4. And without an indication where exactly that is i can't check it on my side.

Thank you I had no idea this is vanilla bug. and fixed the image in my post I would swear I had put it into the spoiler. My apologies.

The pic was one of the first buildings in the concord on the left side from the road from red rocket station . It also happened in several other building near concord  (like the one near switchboard over the railway crossing) or Lexigton

Edited by MK198914
3 hours ago, MK198914 said:

The pic was one of the first buildings in the concord on the left side from the road from red rocket station.

Found it and have no issues there.

Spoiler

enb2022_2_19_18_58_00.jpg.d10298c76e702aa54fabd01f1528a7d8.jpg

So it comes down to LO or you added a mod that changes the area.

First batch of final versions of the icon patches (they cover the groups of 'Armor', 'CC', 'LL' and 'NPC'). I've been through them several times now and they won't change for the full release.

Aylis Icon Patches - Part 1.7z

Still working on 'Armor - Children Atom PA Patch.esp' and 'NPC - Synthetic Variations Patch.esp'. Those will take time.

Finished patches are for:

Spoiler

Armor

Atom Girl

Biohazard Suit

Brotherhood Recon

Butterfly Glasses

Casio W59

CoA Fanatics

CW Mini Dresses

Earlight

Elis Compendium

Eyewear and Mask

Holotags

Institute Expeditionary Suit

K9 Tactical Harness

LAM Gunner

LAM Institute

LAM Minutemen

LAM Railroad

LAM Triggermen

Long Coat

Nanosuit

Nuka Radban

Piercings

Precursor Suit

(Commonwealth) Shorts

TAC

TCS

Vertibird Flightsuit

WestTek Tactical Optics

CC

Charlestown Condo

Graphic T-Shirt Pack

Military Backpack

Noir Penthouse

Slocum Joe

X2 Armor

LL

Family Planning Enhanced

Wash out that cum

NPC

Companion Ivy

Raider Gang Extended

Recruitable Settlers

Next groups will be 'Override' and 'Utility'. Hopefully they won't take the whole day again...

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.11fdd17c07c831c468179c0cd94f5847.jpg

Edited by Aylis
2 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis i think i did something wrong....

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.2ef3b23af0a6d98f608e1899fc002849.png

I dunno what i even did wrong.. i pull up some of the standard outfits (sequin dress, clean tan suit etc) they all look like this. Choose something that is not "stock" and no issues. gonna look into it more.

Did you remember to build ALL the outfits by chance?