Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

As requested:

Tags Overview.xlsx

Of the 230 icons ~100 were added by yours truly. Be very happy that you couldn't hear me when i had to type everything in (my neighbor said even an old sailor could have learned a thing or two).

Today will be a slow one (already typed enough). So i'll try to get some better screenshot for armors and whatever else comes to mind. I think i missed a few for my SMU and 'Red Rocket' has to be rebuilt as well.

I'll also take a look at 'FGEP - Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack' and 'Luxor's Summer'. Both could reduce the number of mods we have to download. And, according to Luxor, his mod would make the creation of LOD for the game redundant (which would save us a lot of time and i don't have to worry about that stuff anymore).

o.O.png.48e17f4360c4630933b75c80e7aefef9.png

The grass now looks so much better with 'Luxors Summer' (but still worse than Skyrim SE). At least it is a good step into the right direction. So far i havn't noticed pop-ins and generally it is a nice addition. In a way it seems a bit of a blend of vanilla FO4 and CRP without killing off your FPS. 

I'll definitely add is as an option. If it can become more has to be seen.

Now off to check the ferals...

Edited by Aylis

Hey, do you have a bug while editing curie? I can't edit her hair. Can't change hairstyle and hair color. But i can edit everything else. I don't know if it's my looks menu that is bugging. Because i cannot change my bodyshape too from looksmenu.

Simplified questions:

1. Can't edit curie's hair, how to fix this bug.

2. Looksmenu slider does nothing, how to fix this bug

Holy crap! Those new ferals can almost give you a heart attack! Especially if you are in a dark area and one of the melee ferals comes out of the shadows. They blend perfectly in with the other ones and after a short while you forget that a mod added them. Bravo!

The only bad thing i noticed was that the physics on the 'tanks' are a bit off. Maybe thats caused by its size... 

Definitely ending up in the guide.

@Wapoww

I'd guess the hairstyle is baked into the replacer and you'd have to remove it to be able to change the hair.

Edited by Aylis
On 2/21/2022 at 1:03 PM, jaeos said:

Kinda hard to watch the drive in  with a big concrete pillbox in the way... ?

Oh wow, i just think what if there is a mod that allow us to watch at the drive in wall. Like the settlers would come together and sit and watch. Watching plain on PC is way overrated, put it in game, lol.

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

I'd guess the hairstyle is baked into the replacer and you'd have to remove it to be able to change the hair.

yeah... it didn't work for some reason. And actually, i want to edit it because the replacer didn't work as it should be.

I just found out it is a known issue with Curie. 

Edited by Wapoww
5 hours ago, Wapoww said:

i want to edit it because the replacer didn't work as it should be.

Oh, thats new to me. I've always used them since they came out...

Whats the problem with Curie?

3 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

don't know if you take suggestions but I have a couple if you do, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52227 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56789 , just cause I have honestly been finding a lot of use for both in my run. XD

Suggestions are always welcome (a lot of mods were added in Skyrim SE based on recommendations).

But please include the name of the mod in the links. Easier for me to see if i already checked that mod before. 

Abandoned Hub - Underground Railroad ReRedux Could be interesting, i'll take a look. That one is a 'Nope'.

Uneducated Shooter - QE Leaning and Gun Inertia Thats one for later. I'd have to change my current key layout that i've been using for years now.

Edited by Aylis

Planned changes (NOT finished yet!)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

FO4LODGen-Resources                                               Not needed anymore

LOD Textures for FO4LODGen                                                     ''

Better LOD                                                                                   ''

A Forest                                                                       Modpage is gone (aka problems ahead)

Tookie's Textures-Grass and Plants                             Not needed anymore

Luxor's Greenery                                                                          ''

Feral Ghouls Replacer                                                  Start to stick out too much

FO3 And FO4 Ghouls                                                  Same

Ghouls Add Sound Caiena                                          Gets replaced

Workbench Humming - Cut content restored            Not needed anymore and gets replaced

XM2010                                                                       Good mod, but looks and feels too modern and somewhat out of place.

XM2010 AMD Patch                                                    Not needed anymore

Entries for 'CRP'                                                           Too taxing and we're already close to the visuals

Entries for Tookies 'HK USP'                                        Hate the 'close-combat-dildo'.

Mods to be added

Spoiler

BNS Trees Only                                                             Replacement for 'A Forest'

Pine Trees Redone1 - BNS 2.4                                                           ''

?Can be flagged as ESL

GRASSLANDS - A Fallout 4 Grass Overhaul

?Don't forget to DELETE the textures folder

?Can be flagged as ESL

Luxor's Summer                                                            A gamechanger when it comes to flora

MCM Booster                                                               Small little helper

FGEP - Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack                            Fit perfectly into the game

Vertibird Landing Pads                                                 Might be useful for some

Cut SFX Restored                                                          Didn't know this would be such a nice little 'extra'.

Ghoul Sound Replacer (Video)                                     Sounds imo better than the older one

Sound Overhaul - Frag Grenade                                  Better Sound

?Can be flagged as ESL

MW2019 sounds for M1A                                            Something we definitely needed Have to check for more...

HK USP                                                                         Replacer for Tookie's version

?Don't forget to merge the 'HK USP - LvlList Patch' and the 'HK USP - Update' into the main mod.

HK USP - Tactical Reload Patch

HK USP - Amd Fix

?Obviously only needed if you use a Radeon.

G36 New firing sounds                                                 Better Sound 

M60 New Firing sounds                                                Nice improvement

Not to be used

Spoiler

Abandoned Hub - Underground Railroad ReRedux   Adding another system for fast-travel just to have it doesn't make much sense.

Adding 'SREP UBGL Poses' for our screenarchers to 'Ingame Tools'.

Starting a new game to prevent save corruption (already tested too much on the current save).

Edited by Aylis
5 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

odd, an example NPC Travel Patch I turn it back on and MO2 gives me this.

Screenshot 2022-02-23 160707.png

Have you checked this post?

You're using an old version while i'm currently reworking all the patches. Your picture shows exactly why i removed that kraken.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.789fbfffc9ad6265093e3cf001fce81f.jpg

@Wapoww

According to 'FSM' our companions have their own textures. This might go for their hair as well.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.0b88500cc1521068efb1264907bbd5c8.jpg

Anyway, i'll look into it once i get her. So thanks for the heads-up.

I had removed 'A Forest' during the tests 'cause i thought it wouldn't work with 'Luxor's Summer'. What a huge error on my side... Those two complement each other perfectly and the result is way better than i thought possible. Best thing is we're replacing five separate mods with a single one.

Updating 'Planned Changes'. Done

Also i can now remove the entries for 'CRP'. What we got now is less taxing and looks almost as good (there are some differences). 

Edited by Aylis
4 hours ago, Mindgames265 said:

Ah yeah that is on me then, well I do have another suggestion then. REACTOR - A FALLOUT4 ENB with 

Enhanced Lights and FX

Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks

Interiors Enhanced - Darker Ambient Light and Fog

added in for the lighting, it lightens up the overworld at night but lights pop nicely from light sources.

Take a look here. ;)

Reactor plus the in the guide listed lighting mods gives us this here.

Spoiler

Photo295.jpg.fd56c0616c8475330d6cf9b2c5c455bc.jpgPhoto305.jpg.232c4b3a0fb9b65b3a4dd1fffd5b2c5b.jpgPhoto427.jpg.7a7ce4042b805e1db8fe5dc754a93d8b.jpg

Photo447.jpg.81fc7dd3ec32626cfbce5477f1612010.jpgPhoto448.jpg.49f96174afc3f7668d568ca786fa78d3.jpg

Edited by Aylis

On another note, I travel with Ivy as my prime companion, and then recruit the major companions one at a time. Does anyone have an idea of a mutli companion mod that works within both this mod list and the requirements to have full Ivy dialogue?

V/R

Cloud_1

PS I am using Reginald's companion mod, but it only allows Ivy +1

37 minutes ago, Cloud_1 said:

On another note, I travel with Ivy as my prime companion, and then recruit the major companions one at a time. Does anyone have an idea of a mutli companion mod that works within both this mod list and the requirements to have full Ivy dialogue?

V/R

Cloud_1

PS I am using Reginald's companion mod, but it only allows Ivy +1

Since Reginald made ivy i would stick with it. I remember him saying something about if you use one of the army mods (you know you got like 20 followers all with laser gatlings and t-51f power armor in nuka cola paint) Ivy breaks and recommended using just one more follower. But it's been awhile since i saw it so i may be wrong. 

On 2/23/2022 at 4:53 AM, Wapoww said:

Oh wow, i just think what if there is a mod that allow us to watch at the drive in wall. Like the settlers would come together and sit and watch. Watching plain on PC is way overrated, put it in game, lol.

hell that may be a mod idea.. a bell that brings all the settlers in the area and actually seats them. I use it because it adds +50 happiness to the settlement, and use the old zetan holotapes in sanctuary. and once i get a few female settlers i put one in fuck me heels and a collar, post her in a pillory for another +50 ?‍♂️I mean sex sells.. ?

8 hours ago, jaeos said:

hell that may be a mod idea.. a bell that brings all the settlers in the area and actually seats them.

?

8 hours ago, jaeos said:

I mean sex sells.. ?

So effing true... ?

And the thread for 'A Forest' has been closed up... Looking for an alternative as i'm starting to think there's a copyright issue (like the one we had with a 'Jedi Trees' for Skyrim SE). Those usually end up with a lot of problems for users (no support, no updates, downloads vanish, etc).

Got an alternative solution (have been wandering around for a few hours). So far no pop-ins and it works nicely in combination with Luxor.

Spoiler

'Luxor's summer'Photo455.jpg.c6c1463dd80e1f79c5c5beffc238a7b5.jpg

'Luxor's summer' plus 'A Forest'Photo454.jpg.1005328a250ea07f206a5c41723e3b5f.jpg

'Luxor's summer' plus 'BNS' and 'Pine Trees Redone'.Photo458.jpg.34fe2776f6ae78172056a8ea56678580.jpg

Updated 'Planned changes'. Done

Edited by Aylis
10 hours ago, jaeos said:

Since Reginald made ivy i would stick with it. I remember him saying something about if you use one of the army mods (you know you got like 20 followers all with laser gatlings and t-51f power armor in nuka cola paint) Ivy breaks and recommended using just one more follower. But it's been awhile since i saw it so i may be wrong. 

Yeah, she is THE army of one:)

Wrapping up the icon patches. Weapons are still a PITA, so i only reworked the mods and the ammunition, the one for the standard game and the DLC should be final too (unless i missed something in the 16th rerun) and the rest just works.

The final touches for sorting are left for later. This is a bit more complicated than i had hoped (or should i say 'as complicated as i feared'? ?). Anyway, it is only one file that is very easily replaced and will automatically apply changes.

So, if all goes well, i'll have the 'official' release ready today (in the evening).