Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

3 hours ago, kesryth said:

Curious which patch did that to you within the UAP? I haven't had that issue so far in my playthrough.
I have these patches installed through it:

Creature Support for Savage, Mutated Lust, and Leito
Extended SMBody
Anim Support for AtomicLust/MutatedLust, BP70, Leito, Rufgt, and Savage
Behemoth NoCart

I'm not 100% sure, i'll turn it back on and shut off each patch esp and test it out.

@kesrythI had to take off for an hour or so, came back and shut off the .esp and .esm the patch had and was still getting a ctd, only thing I can do now is just screenshot every install screen and let you look at it, i have most of the animation packs listed except for crazy's i think, so the first screen is yes creature support. second screen is all of them since i have crey users animations for the aliens, bugs, and molerats. 

3rd screen

Spoiler

image.png.a64aaab56241bd8bae0b9b5e31863cbb.png

I have all of those animation packs. 4th screen is blank since i didn't get those 2. 5th screen is customized moans. 6th is both boxes checked. 7th is -8 so it is quieter. when the moans are louder than a gatling laser.. yeah thats some screaming going on.

8th is like this

Spoiler

image.png.1fe41e23bb819418cd3a61991cff9c60.png

I suspect it's an edit to an existing .esl or .esm that MO2 is saying the esm goes to this but an alternate esm is being provided by the patch and it's not making it obvious.

Edited by jaeos

So this is kind of a shot in the dark, but has anyone here messed with BodyGen? and if you have, did you ever have distorted body textures on raiders only? It's not the usual brown skin glitch but looks like a texture mismatch or something like it's placing the face dds on the body. 

-Should add it's not all raiders just like one in five female raiders so I suspect a overhaul mod. 

Edited by shuman85

@jaeos That is a weird one, going to try and get those other anim packs installed and try the same options as you have. Only other thing I can think of now is to try hitting up the UAP page and seeing if anyone else has seen a CTD.

You don't have Staged Leito Plus also installed do you? That conflicts with UAP's leito stuff and as i recall can cause some bad things

Edited by kesryth
1 hour ago, kesryth said:

@jaeos That is a weird one, going to try and get those other anim packs installed and try the same options as you have. Only other thing I can think of now is to try hitting up the UAP page and seeing if anyone else has seen a CTD.

You don't have Staged Leito Plus also installed do you? That conflicts with UAP's leito stuff and as i recall can cause some bad things

Nope i just have the leito thats listed in the guide that points to this LL page and i got the 2.1 version.

Hey just a heads up https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21114?tab=files doesn't have any Fusion girl bodyslide files I can find, so I don't think it will work with the current set up. Shame too because I really like this outfit :( 

The raider skin as well does not appear to have a Fusion Girl specific file, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608?tab=description
Found this but it's for the main body only https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47062?tab=description 

Edited by shuman85
1 hour ago, shuman85 said:

Hey just a heads up https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21114?tab=files doesn't have any Fusion girl bodyslide files I can find, so I don't think it will work with the current set up. Shame too because I really like this outfit :( 

The raider skin as well does not appear to have a Fusion Girl specific file, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608?tab=description
Found this but it's for the main body only https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47062?tab=description 

i kinda like this one for piper. but thats me.. plus i can put her in as covered or as slooty as i want her to be. along with torture devices she is usually the camp rent-a-girl. A collar, some boots.. maybe a t-shirt.. depends on how much i want her to show. 

The skins for the raiders etc are fine (i believe) the cbbe and fusion girl are almost idenitcal as far as the bone rigging, fusion girl just has a few more in the breast area to allow more movement. 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

i kinda like this one for piper. but thats me.. plus i can put her in as covered or as slooty as i want her to be. along with torture devices she is usually the camp rent-a-girl. A collar, some boots.. maybe a t-shirt.. depends on how much i want her to show. 

The skins for the raiders etc are fine (i believe) the cbbe and fusion girl are almost idenitcal as far as the bone rigging, fusion girl just has a few more in the breast area to allow more movement. 

I was thinking of using this one as a replacer, it's not as good as the "another piper outfit" but I feel like it's kinda got the same vibe to it, I just gotta make a patch to make it her default outfit 
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57066

2 hours ago, shuman85 said:

Also to follow up, the nuclear nude raider skin was the problem, once I disabled it I no longer had the strange textured skin. Strange still that it only happened like 1 out of 5 times. Now I'm working on trying to get a different skin to work on raiders, I remember doing something like this in the past and it didn't work out, but I think I just gotta rename some dds files to blahblahdirty.dds

Edited by shuman85
10 hours ago, shuman85 said:

1. That one is so close to the preset you won't even notice it.

2. Skins don't need to be changed from CBBE to work with FG. Just don't use a skin for UNP. Thats what will cause issues.

3. Thats the trick i came up with for FSM. ;)

Edited by Aylis
8 hours ago, shuman85 said:

I was thinking of using this one as a replacer, it's not as good as the "another piper outfit" but I feel like it's kinda got the same vibe to it, I just gotta make a patch to make it her default outfit 
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57066

has more of a cait vibe, I don't think piper would be the one carrying butter knives in a gunfight, to me that has a more cait feel, nice outfit, just not my style.  

Finally got the mod 'Commonwealth Shorts' (Armor preset) working. Trying to get 'Commonwealth Shorts - Modular' working as well (ran into issues).

First version:

AFG - Shorts.7z

I'm working on a slimmer version of my body (aka smaller boobs).

Spoiler

1667252061_AFG-Nude-Slim.jpg.f2fef4cd9d2aa578d487767ce8b41ab1.jpg

First version:

AFG - Nude Slim.7z

I included predone files for 'TCS' and 'Piercings' so you got something for tests.

Sadly 'Start-Me-Up - Red Rocket' got so many changes that i have to completely rebuild it. But, as i now know a few tricks more, it is going faster than the first time.

Spoiler

Photo346.jpg.1da2ce353f1b38e8f2e05285b9bd129b.jpg

Edited by Aylis
10 hours ago, Aylis said:

Sadly 'Start-Me-Up - Red Rocket' got so many changes that i have to completely rebuild it. But, as i now know a few tricks more, it is going faster than the first time.

Reveal hidden contents

Photo346.jpg.1da2ce353f1b38e8f2e05285b9bd129b.jpg

I like using the train cars, but sadly they are not "sheltered" and do not stop rad damage during a storm. i have a small train car house at the drive in, had to run to the main building once i got enough rads to start the atom's holy armor quest. which the armor is shyte but for a level 5, eh..

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

... sadly they are not "sheltered" and do not stop rad damage during a storm...

Yeah, that part is soooo annoying. In many parts the game really feels only halfbaked and unfinished (modders to the rescue).

Atm i'm testing several mods for that (had to run to a shelter. Again and again and again):

Radiation Removers                   FOMOD doesn't work, manual installation required. Plugin for weather works perfectly.

Non-lethal radiation exposure   Not my cup of tea.

No Radiation (Redone)              Options?

Radiation Protection Ring          Too risky. Some got problems in the vault with it installed.

Radiation Immunity

There was one that allowed you to build fans and collectors. But it required too much energy and the placement wasn't too easy either (aka failed my tests).

Btw.

Spoiler

Relaxing a bit ...

Photo350.jpg.9da6f98ce7bfc61558a1e8c69744c262.jpg

... after so much exploring ...

Photo344.jpg.f3f53c63abbdd872b868c064182c059f.jpg

... and buildingPhoto352.jpg.e54c5b3bdf55834868164461833d03fc.jpg

Edited by Aylis
9 hours ago, Aylis said:

Yeah, that part is soooo annoying. In many parts the game really feels only halfbaked and unfinished (modders to the rescue).

Atm i'm testing several mods for that (had to run to a shelter. Again and again and again):

Radiation Removers                   FOMOD doesn't work, manual installation required. Plugin for weather works perfectly.

Non-lethal radiation exposure   Not my cup of tea.

No Radiation (Redone)              Options?

Radiation Protection Ring          Too risky. Some got problems in the vault with it installed.

Radiation Immunity

There was one that allowed you to build fans and collectors. But it required too much energy and the placement wasn't too easy either (aka failed my tests).

Btw.

Reveal hidden contents

Relaxing a bit ...

Photo350.jpg.9da6f98ce7bfc61558a1e8c69744c262.jpg

... after so much exploring ...

Photo344.jpg.f3f53c63abbdd872b868c064182c059f.jpg

... and buildingPhoto352.jpg.e54c5b3bdf55834868164461833d03fc.jpg

Was Radiation Cleaning the one with the high energy and placement issues? I was planning on trying that one, but if so I will hold off.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:46 AM, Aylis said:

1. That one is so close to the preset you won't even notice it.

2. Skins don't need to be changed from CBBE to work with FG. Just don't use a skin for UNP. Thats what will cause issues.

3. Thats the trick i came up with for FSM. ;)

On 2/9/2022 at 9:06 PM, jaeos said:

In case you want to try it, this is my FG 1.75+ conversion for that outfit that I use:

JAPO_FG_Bodyslides.zip

On 2/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, jaeos said:

Nope i just have the leito thats listed in the guide that points to this LL page and i got the 2.1 version.

So far no crashes, so not sure why the CTDs for you. I would try running UAP with only the Creature Support and Anims, leave off the optionals items. If it works then add in the sounds, then repeat. Could be one of the optional changes like the Behemoth or the Dogmeat change that could be conflicting with something.

So....After a catastophic system failure (the PSU overloaded and took everything with it) I found I lost absolutely everything I ever downloaded here and on Nexus.  One not-so-restrained chain of curses and threats - and not a little drinking later - I'm starting from scratch.  Absolute zero.  Not a mod to be had.  The good news is I've got a gaming laptop which will deal with FO4 nicely, and it's reinstalling the game as we speak.  Skyrim, when I can replace it, may be another story.  We'll see.  Anyway, all of this leads me two questions.

1.  Aylis, is the page one list current or is there an update coming?  If it's the latter, I'll hold off on my all night leeching session.

2.  Everyone, the last time I looked, MO2 was saying there was a problem with Buffout.  Logs say it couldn't find a fewDirectX .dlls, even though I know they exist.  I'll be more specific when it's back up and running.

Here we go again....

2 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Aylis, is the page one list current or is there an update coming?  If it's the latter, I'll hold off on my all night leeching session.

Page #1 is still valid, but check this post too as the listed mods are a collection for the next update. Plus they are already roughly in the correct order in which they will end up in the guide.

I'll be adding Radiation Removers. The mod seems to be the easiest solution (i only use the one for weather) and we don't have to use switches/favourites. Done

'Commonwealth Shorts - Modular' doesn't work for us as i does completely ignore the preset of FG. We'd need a specific FG preset to get this working.

'Commonwealth Shorts' and 'Commonwealth Shorts - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files' are working fine and will be added. Done

Updated post for upcoming changes. Done

Hopefully the socks work with the shorts. Do we need shoes as well?

Edited by Aylis
2 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

2.  Everyone, the last time I looked, MO2 was saying there was a problem with Buffout.  Logs say it couldn't find a fewDirectX .dlls, even though I know they exist.  I'll be more specific when it's back up and running.

Here we go again....

Had issues initially with Buffout as well.. make sure you follow the guide for its install, and have its prereqs in all the correct spots. I had missed one and that is what killed it for me.

The buffout guide here is pretty solid: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/139374-aaf-fucking-manual-up-to-date-adult-oriented-setup-guide-10february2022/

Its about halfway down the page iirc

Edited by kesryth
4 hours ago, kesryth said:

So far no crashes, so not sure why the CTDs for you. I would try running UAP with only the Creature Support and Anims, leave off the optionals items. If it works then add in the sounds, then repeat. Could be one of the optional changes like the Behemoth or the Dogmeat change that could be conflicting with something.

I was messing with it a little differently (i accidentally drug my created bodyslides into the patch, i got twitchy when i clicked.) so i copied the entire aff folder in the patch and put it in the AAF framework. Most of the male on male animations .xml files for sc, bp70, and gucp and 50 shades were causing the crash opening the perk chart, i think it was actually 50 shades that was causing the crash opening the pipboy. 

I did have dogmeat as a rottweiler before all the crashes, but i'm going to re-install the aaf framework anyway. i am wondering if i got a bad download somewhere and the .xml are just the trigger and not the actual cause, anyything else and there would be tons of people screaming about it not working.

it has something to do with an .xml for 50 shades or bp70. i had no crash when i just left those out of the patches

Edited by jaeos
2 hours ago, jaeos said:

I was messing with it a little differently (i accidentally drug my created bodyslides into the patch, i got twitchy when i clicked.) so i copied the entire aff folder in the patch and put it in the AAF framework. Most of the male on male animations .xml files for sc, bp70, and gucp and 50 shades were causing the crash opening the perk chart, i think it was actually 50 shades that was causing the crash opening the pipboy. 

I did have dogmeat as a rottweiler before all the crashes, but i'm going to re-install the aaf framework anyway. i am wondering if i got a bad download somewhere and the .xml are just the trigger and not the actual cause, anyything else and there would be tons of people screaming about it not working.

it has something to do with an .xml for 50 shades or bp70. i had no crash when i just left those out of the patches

I do not normally use the 50 shades, but i have been using the bp70 for a long time with no issues. Ill try and do some testing with just the 50 shades and see if i find anything.

10 minutes ago, kesryth said:

I do not normally use the 50 shades, but i have been using the bp70 for a long time with no issues. Ill try and do some testing with just the 50 shades and see if i find anything.

I wonder if it is a bad download of 50 shades and bp70 AND the lieto animations, i cannot put them as the patch putting extra xml without a crash. (i've been reinstalling the patch for the last 2 hours.. over and over..) I'll reinstall those animation packs and see if something stops breaking.

Going to DL those again but step down one cycle like lieto down to 2.0 instead of 2.1

Edited by jaeos

@DarthNyriss

Its from Skyrim, but with the tools i got now i might switch to one from FO4.

Thankfully i don't have to support AAF anymore as that one got its own guide. Wasted too much time on that alone... 

Hopefully the socks work with the shorts. Do we need shoes as well?

The socks (maybe an old preset ?) don't work.

Spoiler

Photo354.jpg.43051038be2ade56b896f8449a74372f.jpg

Also we already got shoes in 'TCS'.

'Hunkered Down - Commonwealth Overhaul' is a very nice rework of some locations that adds believable changes for realism. But, unless i find a way to change the entry, we loose 'Drumlin Diner' for that. Over all still worth it.

With the addition of 'Atom Girl Outfit CBBE' (and 'Atom Girl Fishnet with Weave option' plus 'Atom Girl Outfit and Skin Override - FG Bodyslide Files') we should have enough options to create our own armor mash-up.

The mod 'Combat Comments' is another optional file. Not that important, so it can be skipped, but nice to have.