Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

2 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Ok, with regard to MM Journal, I keep getting a corrupted file everytime I try to download it.  Different PCs, different everything makes no difference.  Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I am not having that issue, but i also downloaded it manually to my MO2 downloads folder and not though the mod manager download link on Nexus. That seems to help with some of the larger files for me. YMMV

oops.jpg.d83f71cd7f12337dc5d5d62a4eee2375.jpgOk, now this is a weird problem someone following this list might be able to help with.

As I progress, I start the game just to see everything loads up all right, and try to create a female character.  Now, the problem is one of hair.  Whenever I activate the Anto package, it comes up with a long list (mostly starting with PRC.)  However, there's no mesh and no textures.  In other words, choosing one of them leaves her bald as a billiard ball.   I've deactivated everything below the character creation section, just in case something was sneaking in.  Accorting to NMM, nothing is overwritten.  Everything I do points to Anto.  Is there something about I missed?  Some installation instruction I overlooked?

As it stands, nothing is activated except the Character section, and those above it.  It's not a life-changer if I can't make it play nicely.  I have others.

(Oh, one other thing.  Does anyone else find it necessary to hit ctrl-enter to stop the ENB BEFORE the bathroom scene?  Again, minor a inconvenience.  All I know about ENB is how to spell it. 

Anyway, If anyone has any ideas where to look for a solution, please let me know.

Ok, now this is a weird problem someone following this list might be able to helo with.

As I progress, I start the game just to see everything loads up all right, and try to create a female character.  Now, the problem is one of hair.  Whenever I activate the Anto package, it comes up with a long list (mostly starting with PRC.)  However, there's no mesh and no textures.  In other words, choosing one of them leaves her bald as a billiard ball.   I've deactivated everything below the character creation section, just in case something was sneaking in.  Everything I do points to Anto.  Is there something about I missed?  Some installation instruction I overlooked?

If anyone has any ideas where to look for a solution, please let me know.

3 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Ok, now this is a weird problem someone following this list might be able to helo with.

As I progress, I start the game just to see everything loads up all right, and try to create a female character.  Now, the problem is one of hair.  Whenever I activate the Anto package, it comes up with a long list (mostly starting with PRC.)  However, there's no mesh and no textures.  In other words, choosing one of them leaves her bald as a billiard ball.   I've deactivated everything below the character creation section, just in case something was sneaking in.  Everything I do points to Anto.  Is there something about I missed?  Some installation instruction I overlooked?

If anyone has any ideas where to look for a solution, please let me know.

I would double check your download of the KS hairs package, as that is where the Alive hair comes from, as that one looks ok in my game with what i would describe as a long bob cut (maybe?), but not bald. Nif explorer shows me the mesh looks as expected, so perhaps you have some mesh issues with your download file?

@jaeos

Ooops. Thats the old link which should have been replaced. Fixed

Testing right now a mod i've missed before. 'Machineguns Rebirth' (Video) adds new weapons and turrets at the same time. This would make 'MW Sentry Turret' and 'Settlement Defence Systems' completely redundant.

I use both for their added turrets, but the first mod adds oversized ones and the second mod is big and also adds objects that don't really fit into Fallout. That change would save us around 800 MB and we get a slot for an ESP back.

New turrets:

Spoiler

Photo299.png.bbf550325063ad27250d74c54113a347.png

For those who want to take a look at it:

Start me up - Starlight.7z

Remember this isn't finished yet. But it already uses the 'Machineguns Rebirth'.

Spoiler

First glance

Photo297.png.e28c22e2379fa2a206c7d78ec6e6e65a.png

Photo298.png.c3af9f2d6f782dde2f786da5ff3d46b4.pngPhoto300.png.ff95835e68d92072756138f944514286.pngPhoto301.png.ec19329d46976f0ccd83d8a21206522d.png

Starting with the first decorations

Photo302.png.66f52d89d9b04d29d07e3697591aa102.pngPhoto303.png.12032b78cdbe04e8ab0ede201f6351db.png

Predone files for the 'Precursor Suit'.

AFG - Precursor.7z

Edited by Aylis
17 hours ago, kesryth said:

I would double check your download of the KS hairs package, as that is where the Alive hair comes from, as that one looks ok in my game with what i would describe as a long bob cut (maybe?), but not bald. Nif explorer shows me the mesh looks as expected, so perhaps you have some mesh issues with your download file?

I tried downloading it and merging, downloading and replacing, and I get the same effect.  It isn't just the one hair mesh, it seems to be ALL of them in the KS mod.  I've even tried disabling every mod below it (and I mean *every* mod) and still no joy.  I suppose I could delete it, defrag the drive to overwrite where KS was, then redownload it and see if that works.  I know I'm missing something, I'm just not sure what.  Ah well.

Oh, by the way - does anyone besides me have to deactivate the ENB to get the character creation screen to show up?  For me it stays white until ctrl-enter, then it starts.  Minor inconvenience, but just curious if it's me or that's just the way it is.

DN

20 minutes ago, DarthNyriss said:

@Aylis

Out of curiousity, have you given any thought to merging some files together?  For example, the 'combat styles'.  I would think if they're just small ESPs without any assets, then merging similar mods might be a good idea, and a space saver.  Just an idea, I'm still reading up on the ins and outs of merges.

Downside to merging is are you going to remember that you did it? You can make the mod name reflect the mods you merged but having an extra line on the left side shouldn't be a big thing, you will have the same number of esp on the right. 

I'm currently doing the entire list new, but once i have it all installed i'll take a look and see if mine acts stupid as well.

Edited by jaeos
1 hour ago, DarthNyriss said:

For me it stays white until ctrl-enter, then it starts.  Minor inconvenience, but just curious if it's me or that's just the way it is.

Thats for all new starts.

A mod ask a, at this moment not yet visible, question. Just hit [Enter] a few times and it will continue. I havn't found a way to delay this behavior.

Merging mods is something i don't recommend. In the long run it causes more problems than it actually solves. Besides i included a few modfiles that have been converted to ESL so you have a lot of room available.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis in patches and fixes. 

it may just be i'm not on that discord channel, but it's showing as gone to me

Companion Heal Thyself (Direct Link)

I do have the 1.4 version in my other fallout downloads

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.86e756eccb2eebe3ae7061ed7db69969.png

edit 

Decent Elevators - Floor

there is no extra floor download anymore

edit edit

Where do the bethesda.net mods go? i skipped them because i didn't get an actual download just a "subscribed", so meh

Edited by jaeos

@Aylis

So with merging, I'll defer to your wisdom on the subject.  You know better than I do.

@Jaeos

According to the mod author, PACE includes the same functionality as Heal Thyself but adds more AI enhancements as well.  Your opinion?  As for Bethesda,net goes, you actually download and install them though the game at the main menu.  A lot of bother for very little, IMHO.  I tend to ignore Bethesda.net as a source.  If I have to jump through hoops to get it, it isn't worth it.  (Don't get me started on Patreon.)

24 minutes ago, DarthNyriss said:

@Aylis

So with merging, I'll defer to your wisdom on the subject.  You know better than I do.

@Jaeos

According to the mod author, PACE includes the same functionality as Heal Thyself but adds more AI enhancements as well.  Your opinion?  As for Bethesda,net goes, you actually download and install them though the game at the main menu.  A lot of bother for very little, IMHO.  I tend to ignore Bethesda.net as a source.  If I have to jump through hoops to get it, it isn't worth it.  (Don't get me started on Patreon.)

oh.. piss on that shit. 

I dunno, i'll take a look at it, it may be better than companion heal thyself 

Edit. Are you sure PACE and Heal thyself are the same? From the description PACE is almost like (or possibly better) than skk. Hmm.. after another 15-20 minutes of trying to find just a simple download button on the pace website, i found out companion heal and pace are integrated into panpc (pace 2.0)

Edited by jaeos
2 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis in patches and fixes. 

it may just be i'm not on that discord channel, but it's showing as gone to me

Companion Heal Thyself (Direct Link)

I do have the 1.4 version in my other fallout downloads

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.86e756eccb2eebe3ae7061ed7db69969.png

edit 

Decent Elevators - Floor

there is no extra floor download anymore

edit edit

Where do the bethesda.net mods go? i skipped them because i didn't get an actual download just a "subscribed", so meh

For the Decent Elevators, i still see the floor files.. you have to choose one for the type of floor you want: Concrete, Mats, Mesh or Wood.

@jaeos

Thats the big problem with external sites (and one of the reasons i hate discord). It is simply too hard to find the right links and then you often also need a new link to the file of a mod when they update... Thats also why i try to remove the mods doing that as much as humanly possible.

For the elevators the files are still there. Check the optional ones.

Upcoming changes for ECO (Not finished yet)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Professional Ammo Crafting                                                        Included in ECO

Companion Heal Thyself     

Craftable Armor Size                                                                    Included in ECO

Legendary Modification                                                                            ''

Extreme Particles Overhaul 3.0                                                     Gets replaced by a better mod

Extreme Particles Overhaul 3.0 - Freezing Fix                              Not needed anymore

Extreme Particles Overhaul No Impact Smoke                                            '' 

Long Range Bullet Holes                                                              Gets replaced by a better mod

MW Sentry Turret                                                                                                 ''

Settlement Defence Systems                                                                                ''

Mods to be added

Spoiler

New Bottle Caps Tin                                                                     Optional textures

K-9 Harness - Tactical Body Armor and Backpack for Dogmeat   Our friend needs some armor too.

K9 Harness Bandana Fix                                                                Bugfix

Burst Impact Blast FX                                                             Replaces a few mods and patches

Machineguns Rebirth (Video                                                     Replacing 'MW Sentry Turret' and 'Settlement Defence Systems'

Equipment and Crafting Overhaul (ECO)                                      Better AWKCR

ECO Patch Archive                                                                        Combining patches for ECO

Spoiler

We need the following patches

CROSS Brotherhood Recon

CROSS Chosen of Atom

CROSS Courser Strigidae

ECO_CROSSInstituteExpeditionarySuit

?Merged into the archive.

ECO_CROSSMojaveManhunter

ECO_CROSSVertbirdFlightsuit

ECO_TheKiteHandmaidenVanillaWB

Eli's Armour Compendium

Subgroup: CC ECO Patches

Spoiler

Get the following patches for the CC only if you actually use the mods (check if you need another patch for the CC too)

CC Modular Military Backpack - ECO Patch

CC Noir Penthouse - ECO Patch

ECO_CCSlocumCoffeeDonut

Edited by Aylis

For those of you interested, Here's a simple but interesting main menu replacer I'm currently using.  Just a radstorm outside USAF Satellite Station Olivia, for those who like bleak and forboding.

Here's the link:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41637?tab=files

Look under Miscellaneous files.

Cheers!

Edit:  Look At Me Minuteman Edition appears to be a dead link.

Edited by DarthNyriss
Don't want to spam the thread